Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump's Comment on Injured Soldiers Sparks Veteran Anger

He continues his established pattern of denigrating our Armed Forces.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 4, 2024 2:16 AM

Trump hates the USA and wants to change it to reflect his sick and sadistic values.

by Anonymousreply 1October 3, 2024 4:09 PM

His people always forgive him. It’s sick.

by Anonymousreply 2October 3, 2024 4:18 PM

...and yet, they will vote for him decisively.

by Anonymousreply 3October 3, 2024 4:23 PM

How are any veterans still supporting this disgusting piece of shit? He has either said loathsome things about him recently or things he’s said in the past (“Losers and suckers”) have been confirmed.

by Anonymousreply 4October 3, 2024 4:55 PM

R4 Not to mention the grinning thumbs-up photo at Arlington. He’s trash.

by Anonymousreply 5October 3, 2024 4:56 PM

Trump will never get over not getting continual global sympathy for his ear injury. He 'took a bullet for democracy', but no-one sane cares. Thus he denigrates real soldiers expecting acknowledgement for serious injury suffered in combat.

by Anonymousreply 6October 3, 2024 5:03 PM

"He 'took a bullet for democracy."

He staged a photo op/sound bite for his sagging poll numbers.

FIFY

by Anonymousreply 7October 3, 2024 5:14 PM

It’s funny how two “assassination attempts” happened and literally 1) no one cares/believes they even happened. And neither attempt is even a top ten news story just a little more than thirty days before a presidential election.

No one fucking CARED.

by Anonymousreply 8October 3, 2024 5:24 PM

[quote] How are any veterans still supporting this disgusting piece of shit? He has either said loathsome things about him recently or things he’s said in the past (“Losers and suckers”) have been confirmed.

My take is the veterans who still support him are more jingoist types who completely share all of his views and are on the far right spectrum of politics.

My dad was in the Army and did a tour in the Vietnam War and later served 20 years in the Air Force Reserve. My dad was a moderate Democrat. He hated Trump. He was happy as fuck when Trump lost in 2020. A week before Christmas 2021, I went back to my hometown to spend the holidays with my parents. My dad had an appointment at a VA clinic which is near a bookstore. While my dad was at his appointment, I went to the bookstore to do some holiday shopping. When I went back to the VA parking lot, my dad was waiting and when I got in he pointed to a car that had bumper sticker that read "Veterans for Trump" and the car had Trump 2020 bumper sticker still on. My dad said "I can't believe some veterans continue to supporting that piece of shit. My dad died last year and if he was alive he would be raging right now against Trump.

by Anonymousreply 9October 3, 2024 5:35 PM

Yeah whatever. The vets will get over it when it comes time for them to vote for dump.

by Anonymousreply 10October 3, 2024 5:43 PM

I think this is the shit that turned my Vietnam vet stepfather off from voting for him again. He voted for him once but quietly announced no more. Did not say why but something changed his mind.

by Anonymousreply 11October 3, 2024 5:58 PM

The military is a hotbed for evangelical Christian propaganda; they are brainwashed.

by Anonymousreply 12October 4, 2024 12:26 AM

Most men who voted for Trump never had the balls to enlist in the US Armed Forces.

But I can't speak to the guys who were drafted.

by Anonymousreply 13October 4, 2024 12:34 AM

Very true, R8. And all I can add is, "It serves him right." In fact, I can't think of a more well-deserved indifference than that of everyone to the attempted assassination of Donald Trump.

I used the singular because that second "attempt" was so far from being a threat to him that it hardly counts.

by Anonymousreply 14October 4, 2024 12:47 AM

What was the would-be golf course assassin charged with? He never fired a shot A weapons violation and trespassing?

by Anonymousreply 15October 4, 2024 12:54 AM

Five counts, including an assassination attempt. Sounds like he admitted that's what it was, though he pleaded not guilty.

To quote Donald Trump, "So what?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16October 4, 2024 1:02 AM

NOW a warning?!?!?!

by Anonymousreply 17October 4, 2024 1:34 AM

Tumrp’s disregard of veterans, of any type, is mind-boggling. My faith and flag turmp supporting relatives must be doing back flips hearing this, but what the fuck is he thinking?

by Anonymousreply 18October 4, 2024 1:46 AM

It was a joke.

by Anonymousreply 19October 4, 2024 1:56 AM

Because he realizes what a pussy he was for dodging the draft with his bone spurs. Nowadays veterans get a lot of respect for their service. Trump will never be respected for anything.

by Anonymousreply 20October 4, 2024 2:03 AM

Trump gives ME a headache.

by Anonymousreply 21October 4, 2024 2:16 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!