Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is there a way to unblock ignored posters?

Asking for a friend.

by Anonymousreply 27October 3, 2024 7:13 PM

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 1October 3, 2024 2:00 PM

Buy me a pack of Capris and we'll talk, OP.

by Anonymousreply 2October 3, 2024 2:01 PM

Select the 'ignored' option from the top menu, then find the poster you want to unblock and click the black 'x' off to the right side of the screen where it says 'posts by ignored poster.'

by Anonymousreply 3October 3, 2024 2:03 PM

Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you donā€™t.

by Anonymousreply 4October 3, 2024 2:07 PM

My own question. I have several blocked posters from way back who are only visible on the list as an X. No comments show. Does this mean they got Muriel'd?

by Anonymousreply 5October 3, 2024 2:09 PM

R5 I think it means they cleared their cookies.

by Anonymousreply 6October 3, 2024 2:10 PM

Auditing who you block can be verrrrrry interesting. I had a case yesterday where a poster defended themselves with one of their sock puppets.

by Anonymousreply 7October 3, 2024 2:14 PM

Doesn't that defeat the purpose? Posters who go back and check their blocked list are neurotic weirdos . Like sniffing your ex's underwear.

by Anonymousreply 8October 3, 2024 3:03 PM

R8, in my case I'd like to clear it out. Posters I blocked 10 years ago may be gone now so I can clear up space for more moronic and/or rightwing trolls especially right now with an election coming up.

by Anonymousreply 9October 3, 2024 3:24 PM

r8 Full disclosure: I accidently blocked my own comments. LOL!

by Anonymousreply 10October 3, 2024 3:38 PM

Thanks r3. šŸ™‚

by Anonymousreply 11October 3, 2024 3:43 PM

Ignoring posters has to be the most childish action on any forum where people express opinions, the mark of the snowflake who can't live outside the echo chamber. Yes, snowflake. Go ahead, ignore me.

by Anonymousreply 12October 3, 2024 3:50 PM

Or maybe ... just maybe, r12 ... some of us would rather our DL experience not be sullied by the racist, sexist, homophobic MAGAs that DL sometimes attracts.

by Anonymousreply 13October 3, 2024 3:54 PM

r12, I ignore the poster who posts really disgusting gifs/photos of fat people doing heinous things, or gynecological photos.

by Anonymousreply 14October 3, 2024 3:55 PM

The only people who care one way or the other if they are blocked and make noise are trolls R12. The block feature is a useful tool to unclutter and ignore the trolls and shitstirrers as R13 states.

by Anonymousreply 15October 3, 2024 3:55 PM

Personally, I subscribe to the "asbestos eyeballs" mindset.

If I can't stand the heat, I don't come to the DL kitchen.

I simply skim over their posts if I don't agree and don't worry about it whether you're a garden variety troll or a propaganda sock puppet. Reading your posts neither influences me nor does anything other than make me laugh.

Which is not to say that I don't appreciate a well-considered argument which uses actual data and facts to support a position. I do read (and verify the accuracy of that data) and have reconsidered my position on occastion - although those occasions are becoming fewer and further between these days.

by Anonymousreply 16October 3, 2024 4:11 PM

The fucking block button never works, they pop back up, this must be another DL meme, THE BLOCK BUTTON NEVER WORKS, yet idiots still make posts about it.

by Anonymousreply 17October 3, 2024 4:19 PM

The block THREAD button rarely works as it should, r17.

The block POSTER button works just fine, unless the poster has socks.

by Anonymousreply 18October 3, 2024 4:22 PM

R14 thanks Tiny

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19October 3, 2024 4:22 PM

Block button does work once but if you log out or log on with another device all the lice are back in your hair.

by Anonymousreply 20October 3, 2024 4:24 PM

Meh, I have asbestos eyeballs and ignore threads but I'll still block trolls. No one should care. MYOB.

by Anonymousreply 21October 3, 2024 4:25 PM

Blocking all cunts and political posts is bliss. I tried not blocking people because I though out I'd miss out on content, turns out all I miss is repetitive bullshit and a lot of cray cray.

by Anonymousreply 22October 3, 2024 5:30 PM

[quote] I simply skim over their posts if I don't agree and don't worry about it whether you're a garden variety troll or a propaganda sock puppet. Reading your posts neither influences me nor does anything other than make me laugh.

I subscribe to "if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen" too. Personally I can't even tell who's REALLY a troll and who isn't because I'm sure posters are sometimes accused of being trolls by other trolls and nuts, and I'm too old and too busy to try to figure out who said what. So I read the threads that seem interesting to me and ignore (literally, not by pushing a button) those I disagree with.

by Anonymousreply 23October 3, 2024 6:05 PM

You cannot block threads so skipping over them is the only way to avoid but the block user is a great tool. You don't need to read the vapid blather from weirdo trolls.

by Anonymousreply 24October 3, 2024 6:18 PM

R14, you can disable link previews as well.

by Anonymousreply 25October 3, 2024 6:43 PM

There are mentally ill posters on DL who I don't want in my mind space. They may not necessarily be trolls. Rather, for example, OCD types. Obsessives and compulsives. Someone who spams a thread that catches his attention with dozens upon dozens of posts, talking mostly to himself. Listing. A lot of listing behaviour. There are also very self involved people, who may also be lowish IQ, and who have no wit or information of any value to communicate whatsoever. I wouldn't say these folks are "trolls".

by Anonymousreply 26October 3, 2024 6:58 PM

[Quote] I think it means they cleared their cookies.

I thought that was a euphemism for cleaning yourself out before anal.

by Anonymousreply 27October 3, 2024 7:13 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!