Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Question for Psychologist

Have a neighbor who when you speak with her, starts talking and doesn't stop. Goes into details and rambles on and on. When I've screamed her name to interrupt, she keeps talking. Is there a DSM for this behavior?

by Anonymousreply 15October 3, 2024 4:02 AM

I have a neighbor who does the exact same thing. We call her Mrs Kravitz.

by Anonymousreply 1October 2, 2024 10:44 PM

Just be glad it's not a co-worker.

by Anonymousreply 2October 2, 2024 10:48 PM

For God’s sake just walk away from her and go inside your house. She’s not talking to you she’s talking at you. Be a man about it

by Anonymousreply 3October 2, 2024 11:03 PM

That’s just Faye Dunaway on a good day.

by Anonymousreply 4October 2, 2024 11:04 PM

She’s shortening your lifespan by flapping her lips at you.

by Anonymousreply 5October 2, 2024 11:06 PM

Cuntitis.

I had a neighbour (male) who did this. I would actually end the convo (ex. Well, I gotta go in. G'nite!). He'd still be talkinga fter I had left and shut my front door.

An hour or so later I'd look out the windows and he'd still be talking.

I moved out of the neighbourhood in '07 and drove by for nostalgia reasons recently. He was still standing there, talking.

by Anonymousreply 6October 2, 2024 11:06 PM

I had a friend one time that wouldn’t let me take a shit because he wouldn’t shut up talking. I just went in the bathroom and took a shit and let him stand outside and talk.

by Anonymousreply 7October 2, 2024 11:07 PM

Deaf?

by Anonymousreply 8October 2, 2024 11:10 PM

I have a friend who is bipolar and has autism who is like that.

by Anonymousreply 9October 2, 2024 11:11 PM

R9 would he shut up so you could wipe your ass?

by Anonymousreply 10October 2, 2024 11:13 PM

Can you give the "time out signal"?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 2, 2024 11:15 PM

R9 I believe what you're describing falls under the category of "Circumstantial Thought Process," which can be part of a number of things.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 2, 2024 11:15 PM

^^^ I must have my own thought disorder today. .. lol. I did not mean to tag R9 above. My post was meant as a reply for OP.

by Anonymousreply 13October 2, 2024 11:17 PM

Loudmouth by The Ramones

You’re a loudmouth babe. You better shut it up. I’m gonna beat you up. You’re a loudmouth babe.

by Anonymousreply 14October 2, 2024 11:18 PM

As r8 is (perhaps) suggesting, people who are hard of hearing often keep talking in order to "take charge" of the conversation, trying to spare themselves to the greatest degree possible the anguish of trying to make out what the [italic]other[/italic] person is saying. Try putting your finger on your lips in the classic "Shhh!" pose. If that doesn't startle her enough for you to get in a word edgewise, all you can do is to smile kindly and walk away.

by Anonymousreply 15October 3, 2024 4:02 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!