Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Husband charged with reckless homicide ‘after giving suicidal wife a gun to “call her bluff”’

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27October 3, 2024 11:43 PM

I thought that was the wife’s pic

by Anonymousreply 1October 3, 2024 5:01 AM

more than half of the american population needs to be institutionalized in a gotham city arkham asylum type situation

by Anonymousreply 2October 3, 2024 5:49 AM

Id blow my brains out too if I had to sleep next to that hog every night

by Anonymousreply 3October 3, 2024 6:10 AM

Are we sure this isn’t BILL TAYLOR?

by Anonymousreply 4October 3, 2024 6:17 AM

I feel for the husband. I have been there before. You never know if someone is being a straight up narcissist or they are actually suicidal. My husband has been using "I am going to jump out the window," "I wish I were dead," "I should blow my brains out," over twenty years to end arguments. I have honestly said at certain points in anger, "When are you gonna fucking to it, you've been promising me for years now?" Or I'd say, "If you're not gonna do it, don't say it. I need to get on with me life." And here we are some 27 years later.

by Anonymousreply 5October 3, 2024 6:38 AM

27 years of that r5? That's intentional mental torture.

Is he a narcissist? This woman I work for occasionally is like that, tried to OD 3 times before I met her. Didn't found out about it of course till much later. Her husband divorced her, the kids wont talk to her because they grew up with that. Now her excuse is "suicidal ideation". "I have suicidal ideation, people need to respect that". She used to threaten to jump off the balcony until I told her there's a chance she might live but guarantee her face would be all fucked up. She shut up about it after that.

by Anonymousreply 6October 3, 2024 6:55 AM

Jeez, Lindsey Graham has really packed on the pounds!

by Anonymousreply 7October 3, 2024 6:57 AM

So the daughter also committed suicide? That's one fucked up family tree.

by Anonymousreply 8October 3, 2024 7:07 AM

Tell me about it, r8!

by Anonymousreply 9October 3, 2024 11:29 AM

R5 If you read the article, you'll see their circumstances were nothing like yours.

They were an elderly couple who had been drinking. The anniversary of their daughter's suicide was coming up and his morose wife, in her cups, expressed a wish to also be dead. So he fetched his gun and handed it to her.

Totally different situation. Do you still feel for the husband?

by Anonymousreply 10October 3, 2024 11:38 AM

R10 Yes

by Anonymousreply 11October 3, 2024 11:41 AM

🇺🇸

by Anonymousreply 12October 3, 2024 11:47 AM

daily fail

by Anonymousreply 13October 3, 2024 12:14 PM

In all honesty I don't know how anyone can have a gun in their possession. I would be tempted to blow my brains out at least half a dozen times a day.

I can morbidly relate to this woman.

At least I stay away from booze. I think that's all I would need to send me over the edge.

by Anonymousreply 14October 3, 2024 1:57 PM

I hear you, r14. I've never had an interest in owning a firearm, but even if I did, I have a long history of depression and a proclivity for crippling despair. I wouldn't trust myself with a gun in the house.

by Anonymousreply 15October 3, 2024 2:00 PM

Is THAT a dude?

by Anonymousreply 16October 3, 2024 2:03 PM

Ohio.

by Anonymousreply 17October 3, 2024 2:28 PM

He looks inbred.

by Anonymousreply 18October 3, 2024 2:41 PM

Was the wife a lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 19October 3, 2024 2:49 PM

His wife and daughter killed themselves…tells me all I need to know about this motherfucker!

by Anonymousreply 20October 3, 2024 2:57 PM

In all honesty R10, we have no idea what was going on in that household. I can imagine the death of a child, especially by suicide, is one of the worst possible things a parent can face. He knew who his wife was before and what she had become and that she probably didn't want to live like this anymore, without her daughter. Death isn't always the worst thing in life. I am guessing he won't be far behind, if given the chance. We have no idea the intense pain people are going through. And we really can't judge people so cavalierly for the decisions they make is such deep grief. Some things you just can't recover from and you can find no real reason to carry on. And as sad as that is, that can be ok. And I only say this given their ages and the absolutely probability they would/will be missing their daughter everyday for the rest of their lives.

by Anonymousreply 21October 3, 2024 10:10 PM

Unless he pulled the trigger then his wife is responsible. This trend of placing blame on other people is becoming quite dangerous. We are not responsible for the actions of adults.

by Anonymousreply 22October 3, 2024 10:46 PM

Michelle Carter did even less than hand Conrad Roy a gun, r22, and was convicted of involuntary manslaughter in a bench trial.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23October 3, 2024 10:49 PM

We need a cunting rag to inform us about Ohio trash?

They should stick to the mother responsible for the deaths of her four sons in Dogfuckberrybottom-Wells.

by Anonymousreply 24October 3, 2024 10:49 PM

R23 yes Im aware of that case. And I consider it ludicrous.

Certainly DLers should be worried the way they trash people that this is very dangerous territory.

by Anonymousreply 25October 3, 2024 10:52 PM

I don't know, r25.

I've never handed someone threatening suicide a loaded gun, and I've never texted a suicidal friend encouraging them over and over to kill themselves.

by Anonymousreply 26October 3, 2024 11:25 PM

Neither have I. But in both cases the people who killed themselves were adults. In Conrad's case he was 18 and his gf was under 18. If anyone should hold more responsibility it should be the technical "adult"

If someone wants to die and they aren't a minor and they aren't being coerced by an adult I fail to see why them succeeding in killing themselves is someone else's responsibility.

by Anonymousreply 27October 3, 2024 11:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!