Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Terrifier 3 Out Next Week

Who's planning on seeing it? Apparently it is really over the top with the gore, which I like. And David Howard Thornton is brilliant as Art the Clown. I am not much of a theater person, but may have to see this one on the big screen.

by Anonymousreply 7October 3, 2024 6:21 PM

I don't know if I could handle the gore in a theatre setting but I do plan on watching it when it comes out on streaming. Love these films.

by Anonymousreply 1October 2, 2024 10:12 PM

I wasn’t aware that David Howard Thornton was a force on the stage. Has he been nominated for Tony?

by Anonymousreply 2October 2, 2024 10:56 PM

I love horror but this series is not my favorite. I'll watch it when it gets on Screambox and probably not finish it. Is there a discernible plot yet or is it literally just this scary clown eviscerating people?

by Anonymousreply 3October 2, 2024 11:13 PM

But I haven't seen Terrifier 1 or 2 yet!

by Anonymousreply 4October 2, 2024 11:14 PM

The movies are super mediocre but the gore is truly outrageous - I didn't think gore could shock me anymore but that second film certainly did - and the Art the Clown actor is fantastic and an immediate horror icon for a reason. I will see this as soon as I can but I hope this one is actually good - that would be something!

by Anonymousreply 5October 2, 2024 11:29 PM

I’m a horror fan but don’t really feel attracted to watch these movies. I have a sense they’re like Rob Zombie movies. He thinks he’s going to make the most kickass hardcore horror ever, but that usually backfires. I find his movies kind of dull and not very frightening.

Horror is best done slowly and with a buildup of tension. Audition is ten times the horror movie any Rob Zombie movie will ever be, and the vast majority of its dose is delivered at the end of the movie.

by Anonymousreply 6October 2, 2024 11:35 PM

Because this one has a much higher budget than the first two, I understand it will be much more disturbing and gory than the others. Regarding a theme, Leone stated in an interview after Terrifier 2 that there was a common thread running through the films (loosely), but he real intent is to give Thornton a chance to convey the pure evil that is Art the Clown. Thornton was chosen based on his stage experience and his ability to convey emotions non-verbally, since Art never utters a word during the films. He is kind of a mime who gleefully tortures and disembowels his victims.

by Anonymousreply 7October 3, 2024 6:21 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!