Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

19 Quail Chicks Drinking On A Hot Day

The babies are adorable and the Quail parents are beautiful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16October 3, 2024 11:29 PM

They are delicious roasted.

by Anonymousreply 1October 2, 2024 8:02 PM

Dollface thread.

by Anonymousreply 2October 2, 2024 8:03 PM

They're swimming in this one. 2-days-old chicks!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3October 2, 2024 8:07 PM

So cute. I miss them. In suburbia they were always around . Now in rural I never see them. Too many hawks and owls I guess. There were plenty of coyotes in both places.

by Anonymousreply 4October 3, 2024 5:08 AM

I saw some crossing the road when I lived out on our farm, r4.

I stopped to let them pass. Got a huge kick out of that thing that sticks up on their head.

by Anonymousreply 5October 3, 2024 5:53 AM

So adorbs I could die!!!! So cute when the momma takes a drink and the chicks follow suit. ❤️❤️❤️❤️

by Anonymousreply 6October 3, 2024 6:53 AM

Are the parents named Dan and Marilyn?

by Anonymousreply 7October 3, 2024 3:23 PM

Thirsty

by Anonymousreply 8October 3, 2024 4:03 PM

A huge covey would nest at night in a bunch of bushes next to our apartments. One male would be on watch while the rest would be settling in. Like a rooster looking after his hens.

by Anonymousreply 9October 3, 2024 10:24 PM

Blam! Blam!

by Anonymousreply 10October 3, 2024 10:27 PM

Oh, deer...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 3, 2024 10:29 PM

I feel nothing.

by Anonymousreply 12October 3, 2024 10:31 PM

okay I have questions. How big is the nest? how do they keep all those eggs warm? How many days does it take to lay all those eggs?

by Anonymousreply 13October 3, 2024 10:32 PM

Adorable dinosaurs.

by Anonymousreply 14October 3, 2024 10:50 PM

Quail eggs are quite small, they carry them in my grocery store, They look disgusting, btw

by Anonymousreply 15October 3, 2024 10:55 PM

The eggs are tiny, r13. My friend raises them to sell.

I think the eggs are pretty, but if you’re used to white eggs, they can look strange (mottled colors)

by Anonymousreply 16October 3, 2024 11:29 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!