Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

BREAKING: Judge Chutkan has unsealed Jack Smith’s 165-page redacted motion

Regarding presidential immunity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279October 4, 2024 8:08 PM

It's October!

by Anonymousreply 1October 2, 2024 7:51 PM

Thanks, OP.

by Anonymousreply 2October 2, 2024 7:51 PM

Is this important?

by Anonymousreply 3October 2, 2024 7:56 PM

This is part 1 of the major drop. Part 2 with a major appendix full of the evidence is now likely to drop as early as the 11th.

by Anonymousreply 4October 2, 2024 7:59 PM

In addition to outlining the instances when Trump was directly corrected about his allegations of voter fraud, the filing said Trump privately called allegations of voter fraud made by his lawyer Sidney Powell as "crazy" -- despite employing similar arguments to cast doubt on the legitimacy of the election, prosecutors allege.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 2, 2024 8:00 PM

[quote] Is this important?

To Smith, yes. It won’t have any effect on the election, but Smith knows there’s a good chance that Trump will be re-elected, and if so, the new Attorney General will end this case and the stuff Smith compiled would not be made public. Smith is preemptively doing this now so that it’s out there.

by Anonymousreply 6October 2, 2024 8:01 PM

Jake Tapper covering it now - 1:00PM PST 10/02/24 - CNN

by Anonymousreply 7October 2, 2024 8:03 PM

Good point r6.

by Anonymousreply 8October 2, 2024 8:05 PM

It’s finally his “But his emails” moment.

by Anonymousreply 9October 2, 2024 8:06 PM

It will be fun to watch Republicans argue this is election interference.

by Anonymousreply 10October 2, 2024 8:07 PM

From this motion...

“Make them riot” - Donald Trump

by Anonymousreply 11October 2, 2024 8:08 PM

Finally.

by Anonymousreply 12October 2, 2024 8:08 PM

r7 Also Andrew Weissman on MSNBC, he's read the whole thing now.

by Anonymousreply 13October 2, 2024 8:09 PM

Trump was at times incoherent and confused in Milwaukee Tuesday, mixing up names and facts. Looking wan and exhausted. Cancels traditional 60 Minutes interview- after agreeing to do it.

Is the travel becoming too much for the 78-yr. old?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 2, 2024 8:13 PM

Don't piss off Jack Smith

by Anonymousreply 15October 2, 2024 8:15 PM

It's mindboggling that the legal system keeps bending over backwards and delaying due process to make it convenient for Trump to run for President of the United States (and possibly wriggle free entirely). It's like hitting pause on a court case so that an alleged rapist can fulfill their dream of backpacking around Europe for a year.

by Anonymousreply 16October 2, 2024 8:17 PM

From the filing:

When the defendant lost the 2020 presidential election, he resorted to crimes to try to stay in office. With private co-conspirators, the defendant launched a series of increasingly desperate plans to overturn the legitimate election results in seven states that he had lost—Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, New Mexico, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin (the “targeted states”). His efforts included

lying to state officials in order to induce them to ignore true vote counts;

manufacturing fraudulent electoral votes in the targeted states;

attempting to enlist Vice President Michael R. Pence, in his role as President of the Senate,

to obstruct Congress’s certification of the election by using the defendant’s fraudulent electoral votes;

and when all else had failed, on January 6, 2021, directing an angry crowd of supporters to the United States Capitol to obstruct the congressional certification.

The throughline of these efforts was deceit: the defendant’s and co-conspirators’ knowingly false claims of election fraud. They used these lies in furtherance of three conspiracies:

1) a conspiracy to interfere with the federal government function by which the nation collects and counts election results, which is set forth in the Constitution and the Electoral Count Act (ECA);

2) a conspiracy to obstruct the official proceeding in which Congress certifies the legitimate results of the presidential election, and

3) a conspiracy against the rights of millions of Americans to vote and have their votes counted.

by Anonymousreply 17October 2, 2024 8:18 PM

Truth Social meltdown in process

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 2, 2024 8:20 PM

According to this motion, Pence basically begged Trump for a few days to let it go and take pride in his "accomplishments" and focus on '24 instead.

by Anonymousreply 19October 2, 2024 8:21 PM

JD Vance for President!

by Anonymousreply 20October 2, 2024 8:22 PM

[quote]On December 7, Rudy Giuliani attempted to send Michigan Senate majority leader Mike Shirkey a message—though failed because he typed the wrong number into his phone: "So I need you to pass a joint resolution from the Michigan legislature that states that, * the election is in dispute *"

We're so lucky they were all so incompetent.

by Anonymousreply 21October 2, 2024 8:23 PM

[quote] According to this motion, Pence basically begged Trump for a few days to let it go

He wasn’t very good at it, was he? It’s good that he’s fading away.

by Anonymousreply 22October 2, 2024 8:24 PM

Break those seals, baby!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23October 2, 2024 8:25 PM

So what is this exactly? This is just a memo from Jack Smith? Why was it released to the public?

by Anonymousreply 24October 2, 2024 8:26 PM

Only THE GUILTY try and delay trial.

Get him, Jack. For the Capitol Police. For you and your family, who have endured death threats. For America. FOR DEMOCRACY!

by Anonymousreply 25October 2, 2024 8:27 PM

r34 It's an appetiser for the real deal, expected on the 11th.

by Anonymousreply 26October 2, 2024 8:28 PM

I meant r24, obviously.

by Anonymousreply 27October 2, 2024 8:28 PM

Did he finally stand in the middle of Firth Avenue and shoot somebody? Otherwise, Yawn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28October 2, 2024 8:29 PM

Rudy was drunk R21. It was a day ending in Y.

by Anonymousreply 29October 2, 2024 8:29 PM

Deflect, deflect, deflect

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30October 2, 2024 8:31 PM

The diapers are exploding right now! 💩💩💩

by Anonymousreply 31October 2, 2024 8:32 PM

Ketchup thrown?

by Anonymousreply 32October 2, 2024 8:33 PM

2) Trump sidelined his campaign leal team on Nov. 13, putting RUdy Giuliani (CC1) in charge because he was willing to lie about the election results.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33October 2, 2024 8:33 PM

NANCY PELOSI MADE ME MAKE THEM RIOT IN THE STREETS AND TRY TO KILL MY VP! IT WAS CRAZY NANCY, ALL ALONG! AND HILLARY CLINTON! HILLARY MADE ME MAKE THOSE PERFECT CALLS, ALL OF THEM! WHERE'S HUNTER? MAYBE HE WAS THERE, I DON'T KNOW. SOMEONE HELP ME. PUTIN CALL ME, PLEASE IT KEEPS GOING TO VOICEMAIL WHEN I CALL!

by Anonymousreply 34October 2, 2024 8:36 PM

Nancy Pelosi lives rent free in his head. His last word is going to be Nancccceeeee as his rent-a-wife shoots him up with a fatal dose of morphine.

by Anonymousreply 35October 2, 2024 8:38 PM

Agree, R35. Because he is insane.

by Anonymousreply 36October 2, 2024 8:39 PM

"Reading some of these court filings by Jack Smith.

He was going to let Mike Pence die."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37October 2, 2024 8:42 PM

His constituents love his ‘’insane’’- it works for them. Sadly this news won’t change anything.

by Anonymousreply 38October 2, 2024 8:43 PM

Will the Legacy Media hound him about this like they have President Biden? (We know they will not, as they are trash, spinless toads.)

"Trump should end his campaign today."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39October 2, 2024 8:44 PM

Firth of Forth

by Anonymousreply 40October 2, 2024 8:45 PM

"Trump: "Make them riot."

Inciting insurrection against the United States. By the power of the 14th Amendment, Trump is barred from ever holding federal office."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41October 2, 2024 8:45 PM

Why is someone allowed into the democratic process at all if they don’t accept the election? They keep portraying this as a two sided race when one side wants to get rid of our country’s traditional framework of government. The people who support this are either disenfranchised, watch too much television or at worst fully are in on these shenanigans for profit.

by Anonymousreply 42October 2, 2024 8:45 PM

In mid-December, Ronna McDaniel told Trump she would not promote a report claiming Dominion voting machines had been manipulated in Michigan's Antrip county, in part because she had been told the report was "fucking nuts."

by Anonymousreply 43October 2, 2024 8:46 PM

I love Jack Smith.

"Smith has evidence of what Trump was looking at on his phone while he was sitting at the White House watching TV during the afternoon of Jan. 6"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44October 2, 2024 8:46 PM

No wonder Rudy and Mike Pence have been so incommunicado lately!

Meanwhile, we're waiting for The Fly to report from Vance's wall.

by Anonymousreply 45October 2, 2024 8:48 PM

(Maniacal laughter)

by Anonymousreply 46October 2, 2024 8:52 PM

Revolting.

"Read to the end of this one.

Jack Smith: A Trump "campaign employee," when presented with information at a Detroit tabulation facility that a final batch from would heavily favor Biden, said, "find a reason it isn't," "give me options to file litigation."

"When the colleague suggested that there was about to be unrest reminiscent of the Brooks Brothers Riot, a violent effort to stop the vote count in Florida after the 2000 presidential election, [PERSON 5] responded, 'Make them riot' and 'Do it!!!'""

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47October 2, 2024 8:52 PM

It's hit FOX News.

by Anonymousreply 48October 2, 2024 8:56 PM

I really don't think he can get his MAGA shitheads to storm the Capital again. Maybe a few stragglers, but it's not going to be a repeat of 1/6/21.

But he'll still try to get them to try. I could see some isolated shootings as MAGA loses their minds when he loses again.

by Anonymousreply 49October 2, 2024 9:01 PM

I am not finding the phrase "make them riot" in the unsealed document. What are they talking about? (I have too many tabs open and don't want to open another if someone can answer this.)

by Anonymousreply 50October 2, 2024 9:02 PM

R50:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51October 2, 2024 9:04 PM

I need to give Pence credit, he withstood more threats and pressure from Trump than I thought. Previously, I considered him completely balless aside from that one act to Certify. But it looks as if he endured more than I imagined. I don't like him, but I'm thankful he dug that fortitude out, be it from his shriveled soul or Mother's handbag

by Anonymousreply 52October 2, 2024 9:08 PM

I'll never stand up to Trump! I'll help him lie and throw out legal votes!!!

by Anonymousreply 53October 2, 2024 9:12 PM

And followed Dan Quayle’s (!) advice?

by Anonymousreply 54October 2, 2024 9:12 PM

JD Vance doubled down on his unwavering support for this orange traitor*all day long* after giving him an epic rim job at the debate last night.

His timing could not have been worse (for him).

Love it. Love it! ETTD, including Vance. Way to go, JD!

by Anonymousreply 55October 2, 2024 9:16 PM

How are the Republicans doing? Anyone peeked in yet?

by Anonymousreply 56October 2, 2024 9:19 PM

Who was the Podcaster that Trump was in contact with?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57October 2, 2024 9:19 PM

Legacy Media...silent on this.

We $ee you, media. We $ee you.

"Still waiting on literally anyone from the media to push for Trump to drop out for trying to overthrow the government the way they did Joe Biden having a cold at the debate."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58October 2, 2024 9:20 PM

[quote] It will be fun to watch Republicans argue this is election interference.

They already are.

by Anonymousreply 59October 2, 2024 9:22 PM

This is NOT a game changer in any way, shape or form.

Anyone who thinks it is a game changer is in for a very rude awakening.

In the eyes of MAGAts and other Trump fans, this will only endear him to them more who will see Trump as a real fighter for what he feels is right.

If anything, this move will give Trump more votes.

by Anonymousreply 60October 2, 2024 9:25 PM

Ahem, R60.

"Fox News NOW believes Trump tried to steal the election.

That’s when you know it’s over for Dickfarm Don."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61October 2, 2024 9:26 PM

R60 is a MAGA troll.

by Anonymousreply 62October 2, 2024 9:26 PM

Speculation is that it’s Steve Bannon or Rudy Giuliani R57.

by Anonymousreply 63October 2, 2024 9:27 PM

Yeah, R62. You could smell her desperation. SAD!

by Anonymousreply 64October 2, 2024 9:27 PM

I can’t believe Fux actually acknowledged the filing exists and it might possibly, maybe, sorta kinda is not very good for the orange traitor.

Guess that have to wait until one of their “legal experts” weigh in.

by Anonymousreply 65October 2, 2024 9:31 PM

R60 your trolliness isn’t even subtle.

Do better, loser.

by Anonymousreply 66October 2, 2024 9:31 PM

Once again, 🖕 Aileen Cannon.

by Anonymousreply 67October 2, 2024 9:31 PM

The latest Truth Social rant

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68October 2, 2024 9:32 PM

I'm awaiting statements from Uday and Qusay Trump before I can form an opinion on this.

by Anonymousreply 69October 2, 2024 9:34 PM

Nothing says: "That's the right guy for the job.", like multiple ALL CAPS rants coupled with threats.

by Anonymousreply 70October 2, 2024 9:34 PM

It's almost 6PM. Ari Melber is busy hauling out and dusting off the usual "Trump is toast!!!" suspects to appear on his programme: Maya Wiley, Joyce Vance, Jason Johnson, John Flannery, Nick Ackerman, et al.

by Anonymousreply 71October 2, 2024 9:38 PM

Meanwhile, the president is on the ground in SC, meeting with hurricane victims, has increased aid and the number of National Guardsmen to help people in affected states, and is (quietly and competently) doing his job.

by Anonymousreply 72October 2, 2024 9:38 PM

Gee R60, perhaps you should be reassuring DJT because he doesn’t appear to be taking this well.

by Anonymousreply 73October 2, 2024 9:40 PM

Is Dump our BILL TAYLOR?

by Anonymousreply 74October 2, 2024 9:41 PM

The anti-Trump, in every way.

"As .@POTUS said today, no Democrats or Republicans when responding to disasters. Just Americans, coming together."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75October 2, 2024 9:43 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76October 2, 2024 9:44 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77October 2, 2024 9:45 PM

Trump doesn't know how to spell half those words. I wonder who really writes his missives- Don, Jr.?

by Anonymousreply 78October 2, 2024 9:50 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79October 2, 2024 9:54 PM

BIDEN WENT TO NORTH CAROLINA AND DIDN’T BRING PAPER TOWELS!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80October 2, 2024 10:01 PM

This is fun, but I'll save my popcorn for part 2.

by Anonymousreply 81October 2, 2024 10:05 PM

What was the point of the D.C. rally anyway? Words like 'ya gotta fight' and 'it's gonna be wild' are a clue. Trump's militias infiltrated the crowd to egg the masses on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82October 2, 2024 10:06 PM

Scream and cry louder, fat traitor!

by Anonymousreply 83October 2, 2024 10:10 PM

Can't believe he's actually claiming that he's innocent because he called out 10,000 troops and told everybody to go home peacefully—you did that *after* your insurrection failed, bitch! Before that you were egging them on to kill cops and invade the Capitol.

by Anonymousreply 84October 2, 2024 10:12 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85October 2, 2024 10:24 PM

Many trolls here are trying to say this is nothing, but the truth is January 6 is what has turned many Trumpers into non-Trumpers. This will turn more.

Nice segue from Vance’s biggest failing in last night’s debate.

by Anonymousreply 86October 2, 2024 10:26 PM

R60 = Worst Southern Baptist Church Lady imitation of the day = 0.1/10

by Anonymousreply 87October 2, 2024 10:27 PM

This will remind the people who have forgotten about it what a fucker this guy is. The unsure voters can be clear minded now about who not to vote for.

by Anonymousreply 88October 2, 2024 10:28 PM

More Truth Social visual aids.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89October 2, 2024 10:30 PM

We need Trump to stay in and lose. We don’t need Trump to be forced out by his own party, because we don’t want President Vance. Certainly not.

by Anonymousreply 90October 2, 2024 10:30 PM

R90 Too late for that. Ballots are already out and voting has begun.

Will this finally make a fucking difference? If it doesn’t, this country will get exactly what it deserves. Our way of life will cease to exist and we will see hardships like we have never imagined. Hyperbole? Nope.

by Anonymousreply 91October 2, 2024 10:42 PM

r90, he won't. the GOP are chicken shit

by Anonymousreply 92October 2, 2024 10:46 PM

Cannot wait for evidence of his cell phone records from January 6 to be released—we need to know who that motherfucker was calling as he sat on his fat ass as Rome burned.

by Anonymousreply 93October 2, 2024 10:51 PM

How can anyone vote for this weak, old, tired, lazy, weird, whiny, stupid, crazy, incompetent, conman, felon, adjudicated rapist loser? My GOD the Republican Party has plenty of openly racist, homophobic, horrible sane competent leaders you could have nominated.

by Anonymousreply 94October 2, 2024 10:55 PM

None of this is new information.

by Anonymousreply 95October 2, 2024 10:59 PM

[quote]Who was the Podcaster that Trump was in contact with?

I hope it was Megyn Kelly.

by Anonymousreply 96October 2, 2024 10:59 PM

Joe Rogaine, r96

by Anonymousreply 97October 2, 2024 11:01 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98October 2, 2024 11:03 PM

Supreme Court tomorrow - "Private citizens can not be held legally accountable for their actions as private citizens.”

by Anonymousreply 99October 2, 2024 11:12 PM

Glad it's coming out now. There may be a lot of first-time voters coming of age who didn't pay attention to this stuff back then because they were in Jr High

by Anonymousreply 100October 2, 2024 11:12 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101October 2, 2024 11:13 PM

This probably explains a bit why Jarvanka has laid so low this time around. They know all this shit is out there because Daddy Dump is stupid enough to let it be. They want to distance themselves from any appearance of being complicit, although they were there on J6 and had to have known what was going down. Of course, there’s also that Arab stuff to answer for, too…

by Anonymousreply 102October 2, 2024 11:15 PM

[QUOTE]But it looks as if he endured more than I imagined. I don't like him, but I'm thankful he dug that fortitude out, be it from his shriveled soul or Mother's handbag

R52- l read that Pence had discussions with his Marine son who encouraged him to follow his oath and perform his sworn Constitutional duty. I think it was in his book. Imagine how shameful it would have been for him to capitulate while his son was in the Marine Corp. He couldn't be a pussy.

by Anonymousreply 103October 2, 2024 11:16 PM

Even Ronna McDaniel thought Trump was "nuts"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104October 2, 2024 11:29 PM

How does Trump or any of his arse-kissers have the BRASS BALLS to Tweet/X that "the Deep State" stopped Trump from deploying "10,000 National Guards" to the Capitol when:

1. Trump called the event "peaceful"! Peacefulness does not require the National Guard to be sent in.

2. The insurrectionists were called "tourists." Why call the NG on tourists?!

3. Trump has always said any such orders were the purview of Nancy Pelosi! Pick a lane, Donald!

by Anonymousreply 105October 2, 2024 11:31 PM

R102, The Saudi gift (aka, payment for identities of MBS's enemies) of billions finally gave Ivanka her own "FU, Daddy" money.

by Anonymousreply 106October 2, 2024 11:34 PM

My supporters are idiots, so I don't have to bother with consistency, R105.

by Anonymousreply 107October 2, 2024 11:36 PM

[quote] why Jarvanka has laid so low

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 108October 2, 2024 11:42 PM

Pence comes off like a battered wife here.

by Anonymousreply 109October 2, 2024 11:42 PM

This is damning information R95.

by Anonymousreply 110October 2, 2024 11:48 PM

R110 This is definitely damning information for independents or people who are on the fence. A lot of people are waking up to the big lie and cult mentality.

by Anonymousreply 111October 2, 2024 11:53 PM

I swear on the lives of my kids!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112October 2, 2024 11:55 PM

Let us hope so, r111.

Anyone check in with Qult “news”?

by Anonymousreply 113October 2, 2024 11:56 PM

God is my copilot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114October 3, 2024 12:09 AM

Keep in mind that a sliver of Republicans that voted for Dump in 16 and 20 were the ones that brought the case in Colorado to keep him off the ballot. Those weren't Democrats, they were Republicans that were appalled by 1/6 and instantly turned into never-Trumpers. Those is a nice reminder for those types that he's still a traitor that tried to overthrow the government.

by Anonymousreply 115October 3, 2024 12:14 AM

Ivanka took time from her busy, busy schedule for a photo op.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116October 3, 2024 12:18 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117October 3, 2024 12:21 AM

^ Feckless Cunt Alert!

by Anonymousreply 118October 3, 2024 12:21 AM

Rachel has raccoon eyes tonight. Was she on vacation recently?

by Anonymousreply 119October 3, 2024 12:23 AM

The reason this has been released in October is because Trump's lawyers and the Supreme Court have been doing everything in their power to keep the information from being public before the election. This information would have otherwise been released much earlier this year.

by Anonymousreply 120October 3, 2024 12:31 AM

Dang, r117. He did "Russia Russia, Russia. Iran Iran Iran. Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine." thing earlier He's never been this untethered. And it ain't getting better. And they can't take him off the ballot.

by Anonymousreply 121October 3, 2024 12:39 AM

Better now than never.

by Anonymousreply 122October 3, 2024 12:39 AM

[quote] And they can't take him off the ballot.

I tried to warn you people. But I still support him. How else will I get a cabinet position and run for President in 2028?

by Anonymousreply 123October 3, 2024 12:43 AM

Hold my ketchup. I’m just getting warmed up.

by Anonymousreply 124October 3, 2024 12:44 AM

Imagine, IMAGINE voting for someone for PRESIDENT who writes maniacally in all caps. JFC this is the most unstable person. Kamala’s baiting at the debate sent him into weeks of meltdowns. GD who votes for this?

Again, there were A LOT of very racist, homophobic, misogynist but COMPETENT Republicans to choose from. You could have your cake and eat it, too.

by Anonymousreply 125October 3, 2024 12:46 AM

Nimrata, it's kinda cute you're so delusional.

by Anonymousreply 126October 3, 2024 12:47 AM

R125, it’s horrible

by Anonymousreply 127October 3, 2024 12:51 AM

And we still have another month to go, r121.

by Anonymousreply 128October 3, 2024 12:51 AM

The first paragraph from the NYT story:

“When told by an aide that Vice President Mike Pence was in peril as the rioting on Capitol Hill escalated on Jan. 6, 2021, President Donald J. Trump replied, ‘So what?’”

Someone should ask JD on live TV what he thinks about that.

by Anonymousreply 129October 3, 2024 12:52 AM

Have we taken ant guesses as to who this is? Stephen Miller? Giuliani by then was on board the campaign

The figure quoted saying “Make them riot” and “Do it!!!" is "P5."

That person is described as a "a Campaign employee, agent, and co-conspirator" of Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130October 3, 2024 1:00 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131October 3, 2024 1:01 AM

It'll be entertaining seeing the Senatrice twist her petticoats into knots trying to defend this mess. I imagine we'll get some drunken Sunday show appearances. 🍸

by Anonymousreply 132October 3, 2024 1:03 AM

R130, this person has a list.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133October 3, 2024 1:10 AM

Is this the Senatrice? Some folks on X say it is, but I can’t tell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134October 3, 2024 1:16 AM

It looks like Mike Roman. I don't recall the name.

by Anonymousreply 135October 3, 2024 1:16 AM

Heard on the news today: Trump's final words to Mike Pence when Pence wouldn't overturn: "You're too honest." Trump absolutely knew he had lost but cheating is all he does and the constitution is meaningless to him.

Anyway, won't matter to the cult, who will reject all of it out of hand, but I think it will affect some fence-sitting voters, especially now that Trump is going to act more and more unhinged this month. He's not going to gain any new voters.

by Anonymousreply 136October 3, 2024 1:17 AM

I think Boris has even given up. I haven’t noticed as much bot activity here today.

by Anonymousreply 137October 3, 2024 1:20 AM

Anybody else still curious who planted the pipe bombs, disabled Mike Pence’s key card, removed the panic button in Ayanna Presley’s office, and shared the locations of non-reinforced Capitol windows?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138October 3, 2024 1:21 AM

Large Marge

by Anonymousreply 139October 3, 2024 1:23 AM

^ My money is on Cro-Marge. Why did she and the others ask for pardons????

by Anonymousreply 140October 3, 2024 1:24 AM

My God, there’s been so much shit to wade through that I forgot about all that R138.

by Anonymousreply 141October 3, 2024 1:25 AM

And let's not forget Boebert tweeting out Nancy Pelosi's location during the insurrection.

by Anonymousreply 142October 3, 2024 1:25 AM

R138 I wasn't aware of Pence's disabled key card. They really wanted to take him out, didn't they?

by Anonymousreply 143October 3, 2024 1:29 AM

Shampoo. Rinse. Repost with some modifications.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144October 3, 2024 1:37 AM

And giving tours to the "tourists"

by Anonymousreply 145October 3, 2024 1:37 AM

I just switched to FOX to see if they are talking about Jack Smith, and lo and behold Melania is on talking about how to unify the country.

by Anonymousreply 146October 3, 2024 1:41 AM

R144 Strange, I don't recall Trump objecting when FBI director James Comey made a public announcement just 11 days before the 2016 that they reopened the investigations on Hillary Clinton's emails.

by Anonymousreply 147October 3, 2024 1:43 AM

Boris, where are you? Helloooooo? Boris?

by Anonymousreply 148October 3, 2024 1:48 AM

Great point, R147

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149October 3, 2024 1:54 AM

Remember that fantastical, My, how did that happen? What are the odds? co-inky-dink of the Secret Service IT department scheduling a bleaching of the Secret Service phones for an upgrade, or whatever, that just happened to include deleting the January 6th texts that were flying among Secret Service agents assigned to Trump?

I haven't either.

I'll go to my urn believing that deleting those texts was intentional, and from me, that's saying something because I am unpersuaded by conspiracy theories. Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone. Astronauts did land on the Moon.

In my daydream, some Secret Service agent is shitting a brick wondering what the fuck else is on Trump's phone.

by Anonymousreply 150October 3, 2024 2:04 AM

R148 Boris has been sent to the front line to be cannon fodder for the war with Ukraine. No need to waste resources on DL since they see Trump losing.

by Anonymousreply 151October 3, 2024 2:04 AM

In that pic of Senatrice at r143, he’d look just like my 83 year old lesbian neighbor if he had some fluffy bangs.

by Anonymousreply 152October 3, 2024 2:09 AM

Yes that's Grahm.

by Anonymousreply 153October 3, 2024 2:12 AM

[quote] And let's not forget Boebert tweeting out Nancy Pelosi's location during the insurrection.

Link

by Anonymousreply 154October 3, 2024 2:22 AM

R150 I agree, Della. Another huge missed story by our “journalists”. There are huge journalistic awards/careers just waiting to be had if someone has the guts to write about this and a slew of other once in a few century stories surrounding DT.

by Anonymousreply 155October 3, 2024 2:23 AM

R117 or anyone else…what the fuck does the Russia Russia Russia post mean? Obviously he’s insane and a complete psycho but does anyone have any clue why he posted that?

by Anonymousreply 156October 3, 2024 2:23 AM

When are those traitors Mike Kelly, Ron Johnson, and Scott Perry getting arrested?

by Anonymousreply 157October 3, 2024 2:24 AM

I still think it's odd so many capitol police killed themselves in the days after. Wtf

by Anonymousreply 158October 3, 2024 2:27 AM

This election is all about turning out the vote. That’s why the polls don’t matter much at this point. Everyone has made up their minds. There are no undecided voters. We have enthusiasm in our side. They don’t. His insanity will only cause Republicans to sit this out. We, on the other hand, are going to flood the polls. Goodbye psycho and take your smug, fascist big headed baby man Vance with ya. God I hate them.

by Anonymousreply 159October 3, 2024 2:31 AM

Darn that Kamala and her secret migrant phone app.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160October 3, 2024 2:32 AM

Where was Trump's outrage when they re-opened the email investigation into Hillary during the election?

by Anonymousreply 161October 3, 2024 2:32 AM

Look at Miz Lindz, almost bowing and weeping at President Biden's feet! Too late you traitor bitch. Too late! You have done that good man too wrong for him to forgive you. You're stuck with the evil whore who rode you in and the consequences of it all.

by Anonymousreply 162October 3, 2024 2:38 AM

DT would threaten Pence so severely his COS feared for his life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163October 3, 2024 2:40 AM

It was Congress critter Barry Loudermilk from (I think Virginia) that gave those tours and pointed out where the unreinforced windows were.

That information was in the J6 report back in 2022 during the hearings.

Thanks to gerrymandering, we can’t root these traitors out with a backhoe. Fucking assholes

by Anonymousreply 164October 3, 2024 2:41 AM

Yeah, it would be a shame for Merrick to do something about that guy. Or Body Armor Biggs. Or the J6 bomber.

It's just impossible to ask in all of the work against Apple, Ticketmaster, and putting poor people in the slammah.

by Anonymousreply 165October 3, 2024 2:43 AM

[quote]I just switched to FOX to see if they are talking about Jack Smith, and lo and behold Melania is on talking about how to unify the country.

MSNBC fodder is not discussed on Fox News and Fox News fodder is not discussed on MSNBC. Is that surprising?

by Anonymousreply 166October 3, 2024 2:45 AM

I'm sure it's got nothing to do with the statute of limitations for the crimes. Definitely not.

by Anonymousreply 167October 3, 2024 2:46 AM

R163 My sympathy for Pence is limited. He knew exactly what Trump was like, and he bowed and scraped and kissed the ring and never said a word.

by Anonymousreply 168October 3, 2024 2:52 AM

Trump won't win, people don't want the turmoil he'll bring.

by Anonymousreply 169October 3, 2024 2:56 AM

He’s bad for my investments.

by Anonymousreply 170October 3, 2024 2:57 AM

Pence was about to be defeated for reelection for governor of Indiana, so he had an incentive to jump over to the race for VP.

by Anonymousreply 171October 3, 2024 2:57 AM

Not sure what your point is R166 as earlier today Neal Cavuto said, “we’re learning former president Trump resorted to crime”. It’s linked upthread.

by Anonymousreply 172October 3, 2024 3:01 AM

This will not change one single vote.

by Anonymousreply 173October 3, 2024 3:04 AM

[quote]This will not change one single vote.

I pointed out ages ago that Democrats should stop pinning their hopes on the legal machinations. People are going to vote on the issues, so the focus should have been on creating and promoting a winning platform. People who agree with Trump on the issues that are important to them (and disagree with the Democrats) are going to vote for him no matter what.

by Anonymousreply 174October 3, 2024 3:13 AM

Beloved Republican John Kasich just THREE HOURS AGO - “I will not vote for Donald Trump.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175October 3, 2024 3:15 AM

So Judge Chutkan shouldn't have done it, r173?

by Anonymousreply 176October 3, 2024 3:16 AM

People believe a fairy tale that the economy was great under DT. Obama’s last 3 years were better than DT’s first 3 years. His 4th was a disaster directly because of his incompetence.

He left Pres Biden a mess which he has recovered the economy to be the best in 35 years. Our economy is the envy of the world. Our inflation rate the lowest. Pres Biden took DT’s shitty economy and spun gold.

by Anonymousreply 177October 3, 2024 3:22 AM

Additionally,

"-Trump bombed Syria. -Trump also bombed Yemen -Trump also bombed Somalia -Trump assassinated a foreign military leader -In Iraq and Syria alone, Trump drone strikes killed an estimated 13,400 civilians, per Airwars - Trump INCREASED troop levels in Afghanistan by 25% -Trump bragged abt relaxing "rules of engagement" in Afghanistan, which nearly doubled civilian casualties -Trump pulled out of the INF Treaty -Trump pulled out of the Open Skies Treaty -Trump LOVES Putin's slaughter of Ukraine civilians, calling it "genius" and "savvy"

Trump pulled out of the Iran nuke treaty, even though our military insisted Iran was complying. So any future Iranian nukes will be 100% thanks to Trump."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178October 3, 2024 3:27 AM

Vance claimed last night Trump "...saved the ACA...". Bullshit! Vance/Trump are liars.

"Here’s video of John McCain saving the ACA after .@realDonaldTrump tried to repeal it. If the moderators won’t fact check .@JDVance, I will."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179October 3, 2024 3:29 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180October 3, 2024 3:29 AM

Lesson learned the hard way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181October 3, 2024 3:35 AM

When asked about the soldiers in the linked article (link to video of Trump saying it in next comment):

"Reporter: Do you believe you should’ve been tougher on Iran after they had launched ballistic missiles in 2020 on US forces leaving more than 100 soldiers injured?

Trump: What does injured mean? You mean because they had a headache.. no one was tougher on Iraq..."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182October 3, 2024 3:38 AM

MAGAt's beloved cult leader:

"Reporter: Do you believe you should’ve been tougher on Iran after they had launched ballistic missiles in 2020 on US forces leaving more than 100 soldiers injured?

Trump: What does injured mean? You mean because they had a headache.. no one was tougher on Iraq..."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183October 3, 2024 3:39 AM

R181 can I have her coat-I just love red fur.

by Anonymousreply 184October 3, 2024 3:46 AM

Sad last days for the Senatrice? She looks like death warmed over.

She's probably glum because she actually has to do some work and deal with her flooded out constituents instead of flying around to various states like Nebraska to rig things for her orange lover.

by Anonymousreply 185October 3, 2024 3:54 AM

Check out this disgusting Trump grift. The murder victims from Butler, PA haven’t gotten much money from Trump’s Go Fund Me “fundraising”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186October 3, 2024 4:00 AM

Smith has evidence of what Trump was looking at on his phone while he was sitting at the White House watching TV during the afternoon of Jan. 6

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187October 3, 2024 4:06 AM

Remember this? Merrick might want to forget until the SoL expires but Pepperidge Farm remembers, anyway guy.

"Mark Meadows Exchanged Texts With 34 Members Of Congress About Plans To Overturn The 2020 Election

The Messages Included Battle Cries, Crackpot Legal Theories, And ‘Invoking Marshall Law!!’"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188October 3, 2024 4:10 AM

R173 = Dollar Tree troll.

They’re not even sending the good ones anymore.

by Anonymousreply 189October 3, 2024 4:12 AM

[quote]Beloved Republican John Kasich just THREE HOURS AGO - “I will not vote for Donald Trump.” —What were you saying, R173?

In the 2016 election, Kasich wrote in John McCain rather than vote for Trump. For the 2020 election, Kasich publicly endorsed Joe Biden. Do try to keep up, r175.

by Anonymousreply 190October 3, 2024 4:24 AM

Meadows was spilling his guts in order to save his own sorry ass, r188.

by Anonymousreply 191October 3, 2024 4:35 AM

Remember 90 year old wrinkle dick Chuck Grassley was in on it too, tweeting that Pence wasn't going to be there on 1/6.

by Anonymousreply 192October 3, 2024 4:41 AM

R192 His grandson is being groomed to take his spot.

by Anonymousreply 193October 3, 2024 5:23 AM

R193 I certainly don’t want to think about 90 year old Chuck grooming his own grandson!

by Anonymousreply 194October 3, 2024 5:38 AM

That's sickening R193. Come on, Iowa. DO BETTER!

by Anonymousreply 195October 3, 2024 6:43 AM

Basically, the MAGATS cannot provide jack shit to Attorneys General?

by Anonymousreply 196October 3, 2024 7:12 AM

R188 Don't forget #35, Ginny Thomas!

by Anonymousreply 197October 3, 2024 7:39 AM

R125, They are all over TikTok, being interviewed at various and sundry Trump events. Their beliefs and assertions would astound you.

Example: There are two militaries. Trump as the CURRENT President is in charge of the REAL military, but it is not yet "time" for this to be revealed. Asked then who is sending aid to Ukraine, one MAGAt was dumbfounded.

Example: Trump has never told a lie. Stated by an otherwise normal looking woman.

Example: Antifa, Democrats, and/or Pelosi staged J6. Asked why they would want to STOP the certification of Biden's election, MAGAts of course cannot explain.

Example: They were "better off" under Trump. Even though they were not. They have zero memory of Covid-19 and its death toll, its economic toll, its education toll, its personal toll.

Example: The Democrats tried to assassinate Trump, even though the alleged peeps were/are Republicans.

Example: Haitians eat dogs and cats. Trump said so, and some MAGAts claim to have seen it happen.

Example: The interviewer's sources are "sources" to be scorned and mocked, and the interviewer is to be pitied.

MAGAts do not care about, let alone believe, anything negative about Trump---not a conviction, not an allegation, not a fact, not a photo, often not even his own words.

All things negative are fictions, lies, actually done in worse form by Democrats, or manufactured or distorted products of "the Deep State." Trump was more spot-on than any other time in his life when he made that "shoot someone on 5th Avenue " observation.

These people blaspheme without hesitation in calling Trump the Messiah, or paint him with Christ anointing him. He is their Ubermensch.

They are ignorant beyond the reach of educating. They are propagandized beyond the reach of convincing. They are delusional beyond the reach of reality.

JD Vance told them, and America, that "Trump SAVED the 'faltering' ACA."

Never mind WE ALL SAW Sen. John McCAIN CAST THAT DECIDING "SAVE THE ACA" VOTE, against his fellow Republicans, against Trump.

But JD knows his people. And he knows his assertions, as proxies of Trump's, will be believed.

So give it up, any of you Pollyannas who think MAGAts are salvageable. They are an inoperable tumor inside the Body Politic.

by Anonymousreply 198October 3, 2024 7:57 AM

The orange shitass plotted a violent demise of his own VP. That’s very Putinish behavior.

For that alone, the turd needs to be rotting in jail, and not be in a dead heat race to be President.

Merrick Garland deliberately failed to act timely.

by Anonymousreply 199October 3, 2024 8:46 AM

This sounds important. Right?

[QUOTE]14) Trump spoke to Bannon on Jan. 5 less than two hours before Bannon predicted on his War Room podcast that "all hell is going to break loose" on Jan. 6.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200October 3, 2024 10:09 AM

[quote]Trump spoke to Bannon on Jan. 5 less than two hours before Bannon predicted on his War Room podcast that "all hell is going to break loose" on Jan. 6.

Vance in the debate smoothly, incredibly, asserted that Trump only wanted a peaceful protest.

This 'defence' really needs to be used next to footage of Trump in his little leather fascist gloves boasting, "We're going to march on THE CAPITOL..." - and then not doing one single thing for hours, as a former 'President', to stop iconic destruction and death. Vance's smug lie needs to be highlighted, made a huge issue.

by Anonymousreply 201October 3, 2024 10:21 AM

Vance really choked in this area during the debate. I fail to see how any of this is related to Presidential duties...and I am looking at YOU Supremes...

by Anonymousreply 202October 3, 2024 10:30 AM

He's such a dumbass.

"Giuliani texted his plan to steal the election to a wrong number"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203October 3, 2024 10:35 AM

"In 2020 too many Republicans tried to gently coax Donald Trump into accepting the outcome of the election. They humored him and flattered him. This resulted in frivolous lawsuits and a violent insurrection.

When he loses again in 2024 we cannot tolerate this appeasement."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204October 3, 2024 10:40 AM

R203 America’s MAYOR!

by Anonymousreply 205October 3, 2024 11:35 AM

[quote]"Giuliani texted his plan to steal the election to a wrong number"

Only the best people, the very best people!

by Anonymousreply 206October 3, 2024 11:37 AM

[quote] Vance in the debate smoothly, incredibly, asserted that Trump only wanted a peaceful protest.

What is frustrating is that legacy media’s takeaway is that “Vance in the debate smoothly. . . “ and nothing else.

He smoothly LIED, like a psychopath!

by Anonymousreply 207October 3, 2024 11:38 AM

The person who told the polling person in Detroit "Make them riot" was, according to Heather Cox Richardson, Mike Roman. I assume she got that from journalists who have been identifying the various pseudonyms in Jack Smith's report.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208October 3, 2024 12:00 PM

Throughout all of this Stephen Miller has managed to keep himself entirely out of any J6 court records. No mention whatsoever of the Jewish Goebbels. Slick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209October 3, 2024 12:01 PM

slime

by Anonymousreply 210October 3, 2024 12:13 PM

Cassidy Hutchinson seems heavily sedated. I guess I probably would be too.

by Anonymousreply 211October 3, 2024 12:34 PM

Cassidy Hutchinson went to work for that particular administration as if she had no idea who he was. And, after writing a book and profiting from her idiocy, we’re supposed to be excited that she’s at last doing the right thing? Pass.

by Anonymousreply 212October 3, 2024 12:36 PM

bullit points for those who want them

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213October 3, 2024 12:48 PM

Whose number did Rudy mistakenly send the nefarious plans to? Someone who snitched to the FBI, I assume.

by Anonymousreply 214October 3, 2024 12:59 PM

R209, What is that list of names supposed to mean?

by Anonymousreply 215October 3, 2024 1:45 PM

I’m waiting for Mike Pence to endorse Kamala now that the “So what?” has gone public. Probably never going to happen, though.

by Anonymousreply 216October 3, 2024 1:47 PM

They identify the redacted names in the filing document, R215.

by Anonymousreply 217October 3, 2024 1:51 PM

[quote]Anybody else still curious who planted the pipe bombs, disabled Mike Pence’s key card, removed the panic button in Ayanna Presley’s office, and shared the locations of non-reinforced Capitol windows?

Nope.

Not in the least.

by Anonymousreply 218October 3, 2024 2:08 PM

[quote] I’m waiting for Mike Pence to endorse Kamala now that the “So what?” has gone public. Probably never going to happen, though.

Mother Pence isn't going to allow him to endorse a pro-choice candidate who also officiated weddings for same sex couples. Mother Pence would have a meltdown to read about something like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219October 3, 2024 2:40 PM

Anybody else still curious who planted the pipe bombs, disabled Mike Pence’s key card, removed the panic button in Ayanna Presley’s office, and shared the locations of non-reinforced Capitol windows?

It's beyond outrageous.

Why is this guy still in the political limelight?

by Anonymousreply 220October 3, 2024 2:49 PM

Yes, it's sickening to think all of the dumb fuck asswipes in this country who continue to ignore J6, the pipe bombs, Brian Sicknick's death, and the fact that some police officers who were at the Capitol were injured, have PTSD, and other health issues. If a Congressperson, Senator, or Pence had been killed on J6, the loyal Qult MAGAts wouldn't have cared.

by Anonymousreply 221October 3, 2024 3:13 PM

r220, it's horrible

by Anonymousreply 222October 3, 2024 3:20 PM

It seems to me the three branches have failed to remove Trump from the political scene. It's chilling. The presidency can only do so much but Biden let Garland stay. HUGE MISTAKE.

by Anonymousreply 223October 3, 2024 3:29 PM

How is it possible with all the extensive video surveillance around DC and the forensic information available to investigators that they could not determine either who planted the pipe bombs or at least the source? I'm wondering whether the source is actually someone in government.

by Anonymousreply 224October 3, 2024 3:30 PM

My uncle (a QAnnoner) has gone from claiming the J6 insurrectionists were all "Feds", to insisting they were "tourists", to saying they are all "patriots who were forced to plead guilty by the Biden crime family".

He said at first the Capitol Police officers who were beaten during the attack were pretending all of their injuries and Officer Sicknick's death was fake as well. Then, when news came out that a few officers committed suicide, he claimed Nancy Pelosi killed them. Now, he's saying it was "Killary".

People like my uncle are equal parts stupid and mentally ill. I wish we could put him in a nuthouse where he could spend his time, heavily medicated, so he could blissfully live writing on the walls or sticking his fingers up his nose while he talked to himself, instead of scaring everyone around him and embarrassing my parents.

by Anonymousreply 225October 3, 2024 3:31 PM

it's possible

by Anonymousreply 226October 3, 2024 3:32 PM

They know who the pipe bomber is, R224. It's just not a poor person. If he (or she) was poor or unimportant they would already have been arrested by now.

The bomber is rich/important therefore roams free.

by Anonymousreply 227October 3, 2024 3:34 PM

He’ll never be re-elected now. Nobody likes him but imbeciles.

by Anonymousreply 228October 3, 2024 3:36 PM

Therein lies the problem, R228. We are a nation of imbeciles.

by Anonymousreply 229October 3, 2024 3:44 PM

[quote] He’ll never be re-elected now.

Neither party changed their policy positions between yesterday and today, so people will still be voting as they would have the day before,

by Anonymousreply 230October 3, 2024 3:50 PM

R225, lots of mental gymnastics in order to think that, almost commendable

by Anonymousreply 231October 3, 2024 4:06 PM

I have watched various video clips from his stand up routines and he never talks policy, he never talks about what his administration will do for America. He just talks about his grievances and personal attacks, how can these people not see this?

by Anonymousreply 232October 3, 2024 5:25 PM

R232 It's because they think they are going to a standup show and they want a big bully who will voice their prejudices. Notice the deafening silence and the fidgeting when he talks about issues. He notices this too so he ditches the teleprompter asap and gives the crowd what they want.

by Anonymousreply 233October 3, 2024 5:29 PM

Lock him way up!!!

by Anonymousreply 234October 3, 2024 5:40 PM

Because those hateful old fucks don’t give a shit about policy, r232. They live on hate and grievances.

If the thugs managed to take away their social security, he’d say Pelosi and “Killary” did it and the dumb cunts would believe it.

Never mind what they see with their own eyes.

by Anonymousreply 235October 3, 2024 5:41 PM

[quote] I have watched various video clips from his stand up routines and he never talks policy, he never talks about what his administration will do for America. He just talks about his grievances and personal attacks, how can these people not see this?

His base consists of aggrieved people who get off on him trashing immigrants, minorities, women, and other groups of people they have grievances with.

After Trump took office in 2017, there were some Trump voters who sort of wised up when Trump started targeting programs or policies they benefitted from like ACA. I also remember that Trump voter in Indiana whose undocumented immigrant husband got deported after Trump took office. The moron told several news outlets that she thought Trump was going to deport undocumented immigrants who had extensive criminal records like drug dealing and she thought her husband was going to be safe from Trump's wrath because he didn't have any arrests on his record.

by Anonymousreply 236October 3, 2024 5:43 PM

I remember that woman, R236. Fuck around and find out, sweetie!

by Anonymousreply 237October 3, 2024 5:53 PM

She’s a self-serving, two-faced bitch R212!

by Anonymousreply 238October 3, 2024 5:54 PM

Oh yeah R236 I remember her, she owned a restaurant with her husband who had been in the country for 30 years. The husband knew very few people in Mexico when he was deported. "If I would have known he would do something like this I never would have voted for him". Dumb ass thought other unfortunate people would be targeted.

by Anonymousreply 239October 3, 2024 5:57 PM

The woman is Helen Beristain. Her husband was a restaurant owner and he was sent back to Mexico. I believe Helen and the kids eventually moved to Mexico.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240October 3, 2024 6:00 PM

Womp womp

by Anonymousreply 241October 3, 2024 6:12 PM

As one dumb cunt on Twitter cried, “he was only supposed to hurt other people!”

by Anonymousreply 242October 3, 2024 6:17 PM

What it shows, and what Trump abuses is the lack of any political body willing to hold another accountable. Politicians live by people in glass houses' rules. They are afraid to go after Trump, truly go after Trump, because of whatever they think they are guilty of. The danger is, eventually when parties in power switch it will become a two-fold power grab/retaliation fest and nothing will get done. We are very close to it now and if Trump wins it will be defato. He will go after everyone he thinks did him wrong all the while enacting project 2025 to make it all but impossible for the GOP to lose control of the government. The Democrats need to grow a pair and just fucking put him in jail.

by Anonymousreply 243October 3, 2024 6:20 PM

The quote was "he's not hurting the right people!"

by Anonymousreply 244October 3, 2024 6:26 PM

R240 Yeah, her Facebook profile lists that she moved to Mexico in 2020.

Helen has a son from a previous relationship. Her son started one of those change.org petitions and on twitter, he was tweeting Trump and asking if there was a way he could directly contact Trump so he plead his stepfather's case. The son was just as naïve as Helen was. When I followed the story, I remember finding it hard to sympathize with the family because they seemed to have some kind of attitude of superiority regarding the husband Roberto. They basically thought that his status as a business owner was going to make him immune from deportation.

by Anonymousreply 245October 3, 2024 7:38 PM

Oh ffs, the wife and her sister also were illegal—from Greece so they probably arrived on a tourist visa and overstayed—but at some point they managed to fix their immigration status and become citizens.

by Anonymousreply 246October 3, 2024 8:02 PM

R245 Wow. That really explains the mindset of these people. Mr Trump call us now, you were meant to target those people, not us, this must be a mistake, do you have a manager I can speak to?

by Anonymousreply 247October 3, 2024 8:07 PM

Seriously, trump followers are three kinds: lower taxes (especially corporate taxes) , I met a nice african-america taxi driver who felt that his taxes would go up under harris, so he’s voting for trump; hardcore racists, we know they exist, trump is their true champion; and the gullible who really believed in 2016 that he’d build a wall, i have met a couple people who like the assholes they are say, “well, THIS time he will build that wall”. Doesn’t matter why the wall is there, or how it gets built, they believe it.

Unfortunately that is what Harris is running against. The stubborn, the evil, and the ignorant.

by Anonymousreply 248October 3, 2024 8:19 PM

R247 The stepson probably thought his own white privilege would help his stepdad, but it didn't.

by Anonymousreply 249October 3, 2024 8:23 PM

At this point every Republican voter (except for billionaires) is that woman in Shirley Jackson's The Lottery.

by Anonymousreply 250October 3, 2024 8:36 PM

Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 251October 3, 2024 8:47 PM

Thanks for the correction, r244.

The dumb asses think they will be immune from any of the consequences from their actions.

Idiots.

by Anonymousreply 252October 3, 2024 10:09 PM

If you have the time, check out the sentencing of Tina Peters, the AZ election official who broke the law trying to help Trump overturn the election.

The judge reads her to filth! So fucking gratifying.

Nine year prison sentence given after this take down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253October 4, 2024 1:49 AM

She’s an imbecile

by Anonymousreply 254October 4, 2024 1:51 AM

R253 All of the 2020 treasonous election charlatans should get a minimum of a decade in prison.

by Anonymousreply 255October 4, 2024 2:47 AM

Helen needs to cut a commercial for the Harris campaign.

by Anonymousreply 256October 4, 2024 3:32 AM

One person who I wish would do a commercial for the Harris campaign is Michigan Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson. In December 2020, MAGA protestors targeted her home.

I have listened to do her interviews on podcasts and she is a very intelligent and brave woman. She ran for re-election in 2022 despite dealing with threats from the MAGAts in the previous two years. She and the other election officials who have put up threats and other bullshit resulting from Trump's big lie deserve justice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257October 4, 2024 4:39 AM

[QUOTE]the wife and her sister also were illegal—from Greece

Little did she know her odyssey would end with her homeschooling her kids in some shit hole town on Mexico.

by Anonymousreply 258October 4, 2024 7:28 AM

Well well well, looks like Boris and the KKKLan grannies greyed out R248, R253, R255, R257

Did Russia send in the elementary brigade since their older trolls are cannon fodder?

by Anonymousreply 259October 4, 2024 10:55 AM

I don’t see anyone greyed out.

by Anonymousreply 260October 4, 2024 11:30 AM

When my MAGA neighbor started spouting "the whole thing is rigged. You watch. There's gonna be major fraud again..." yesterday, I smiled and shook my head as if discouraged. Then I told her, that there was just no point in bothering to vote, because of the rigging. And she agreed. I hope I have convinced her to stay the fuck home.

by Anonymousreply 261October 4, 2024 12:14 PM

The only way this convicted, racist, sexist, irresponsible imbecile who incited a mob to overturn the Constitution and his movement will go away is in a landslide victory for Harris. That may finally break the spell.

I have a relative who knows Trump is an idiot, yet he will vote for him. He posts all sorts of MAGAt type cartoons, memes, and articles about the Democrats on his FB page. He's an angry man. He had an incredibly successful career, lives very comfortably. His children are well educated and do well for themselves. His wife has done well in her career. They vacation abroad and at home. They have it all. But he's angry.

Anger and rage explain a lot about MAGAt world.

As religious belief continues to decline in this country, people have channeled their emotions and look for a sense of community in shared politics -- focusing anger, frustration, hopelessness against persons and/or a perceived system they believe is working against them.

I truly fear for this country and a liberal, democratic system.

by Anonymousreply 262October 4, 2024 1:19 PM

[quote] a perceived system they believe is working against them

Largely because of Republican trickle-down, plutocratic ideology—and yet they keep voting for that ideology!

by Anonymousreply 263October 4, 2024 1:26 PM

R362

Have you asked him what the fuck he has to be angry about?

Is it the white straight male grief?

by Anonymousreply 264October 4, 2024 1:38 PM

This is unacceptable and must be tossed out!

by Anonymousreply 265October 4, 2024 1:41 PM

And the idiots are just saying that the information shouldn't have been released......nothing about what it actually says about Anus Mouth and his acts of treason.

by Anonymousreply 266October 4, 2024 1:46 PM

[quote] people have channeled their emotions and look for a sense of community in shared politics -- focusing anger, frustration, hopelessness against persons and/or a perceived system they believe is working against them.

That describes the majority of people posting on the political threads on DL very well and in a nutshell. Anger and rage also characterizes them.

by Anonymousreply 267October 4, 2024 1:46 PM

Our husbands and four others will fix this for the greatest President ever, Donald J. Trump! We’ll see to it indeed.

by Anonymousreply 268October 4, 2024 1:50 PM

R264, to ask would be pointless. During one conversation about the environment, he said that he accepted climate change, but he resented people like Greta Thunberg and John Kerry lecturing to him about it. I chuckled a bit, and he got annoyed at me. For an intelligent man in his early sixties getting worked up about a woman more than forty years younger is rather sad to me. Yes, it might be straight male grief. It's just sad. I used to respect him.

R267, you have a point. But the stakes are so high right now. The Republican candidate and Trumpism are real threats to a liberal democratic order. Harris needs a landslide to thwart that threat.

by Anonymousreply 269October 4, 2024 2:29 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270October 4, 2024 2:34 PM

[quote] For an intelligent man in his early sixties getting worked up about a woman more than forty years younger is rather sad to me. Yes, it might be straight male grief.

Have you ever read DL's takes on Greta Thunberg? Your relative would fit right in.

by Anonymousreply 271October 4, 2024 2:39 PM

Damn it! Merrick Garland had redacted Trump’s & Lindzebelle’s phone sex dialogues, saying they were not directly relevant.

by Anonymousreply 272October 4, 2024 2:55 PM

Is Large Marge claiming that the Democrats caused the hurricane?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273October 4, 2024 4:16 PM

she's a blooming idiot

by Anonymousreply 274October 4, 2024 5:10 PM

She just never learned the adage "better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt."

by Anonymousreply 275October 4, 2024 5:38 PM

Love Nancy Lee Grahn's response to Marjorie Taylor Geico.

MTG has no business being in Congress.

by Anonymousreply 276October 4, 2024 6:28 PM

R276, there are 147 members who should not be in Congress, in fact they should be banned from ever holding political office again If our Attorney General actually enforced the law

by Anonymousreply 277October 4, 2024 6:40 PM

Or, R275, as my mother said:

“An empty wagon makes the most noise.”

by Anonymousreply 278October 4, 2024 7:09 PM

r275, that oughtta be on my tombstone.

by Anonymousreply 279October 4, 2024 8:08 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!