Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Rachel Zegler reveals that Snow White will no longer be named after “skin as white as snow,”

“It fell back to another version of ‘Snow White’ that was told in history, where she survived a snowstorm that occurred when she was a baby. And so the king and queen decided to name her Snow White to remind her of her resilience.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55October 4, 2024 3:30 PM

Gen Z women are so tedious and boring

by Anonymousreply 1October 2, 2024 7:00 PM

Fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 2October 2, 2024 7:02 PM

What is this supposed other version that celebrates a baby girl's "resilience"? I'm going to need a source.

by Anonymousreply 3October 2, 2024 7:02 PM

[quote]I don’t like that there’s a town built around the industry that I work in; it’s stifling and isolating and weird.

But a Theatre District is okay?

Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 4October 2, 2024 7:10 PM

Oh, sweet Jeebus. Come on now. More BS from this insufferable twit.

Disney didn't tell her to shut the fuck up or we'll make sure you're never hired in Hollywood again? Then they deserve this trash and her mouth ruining their box office.

by Anonymousreply 5October 2, 2024 7:11 PM

I guess they won't be remaking Black Beauty anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 6October 2, 2024 7:12 PM

You thought Emma Corrin was tedious? Bitches, I'll show you tedious!

by Anonymousreply 7October 2, 2024 7:12 PM

Is she over yet?

by Anonymousreply 8October 2, 2024 7:13 PM

Can you die from irritation? If so, pray for me.

by Anonymousreply 9October 2, 2024 7:15 PM

She's going to go the way of Emma Watson.

Popular for a hot minute, but then too much work to deal with.

by Anonymousreply 10October 2, 2024 7:15 PM

Ah yes it must have been terrible for her. The great oppression of First World women in the 21st century.

by Anonymousreply 11October 2, 2024 7:16 PM

And they removed the Prince kissing her because it’s rapey. No, I’m serious.

by Anonymousreply 12October 2, 2024 7:22 PM

She continues to keep digging and digging and digging…and no one cares.

France’s Farmer was lobotomized for less.

by Anonymousreply 13October 2, 2024 7:34 PM

0n the same page as that interview there’s an ad for the Kenny Leon’s Our Town. Dear God, kill me now.

by Anonymousreply 14October 2, 2024 7:57 PM

Any attempt to whitewash Zegler is absurd. The fans are fine. She’s the one who is toxic.

by Anonymousreply 15October 2, 2024 8:07 PM

This is rich coming from the chick who is named after the Rachel Green character in Friends.

by Anonymousreply 16October 2, 2024 8:12 PM

Way to make this a box office bomb, Rachel.

by Anonymousreply 17October 2, 2024 8:19 PM

I demand equal time!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 2, 2024 8:44 PM

This reminds me: WHET Jameela Jamil? She trod the same path this one is doing.

by Anonymousreply 19October 2, 2024 8:45 PM

All 23 years of her "whole life."

Such a wise sage she is.

by Anonymousreply 20October 2, 2024 8:51 PM

Will the Snow White premiere be presented on her gigantic forehead?

by Anonymousreply 21October 2, 2024 8:51 PM

And this comes as a surprise to whom? Hands?

by Anonymousreply 22October 2, 2024 8:54 PM

When this movie tanks - and it will indeed tank - so much if its failure will rest solely on her shoulders and ignorant mouth.

I can’t imagine Disney would hire her to work the queue at “Space Mountain” much less appear in one of its picture ever again.

by Anonymousreply 23October 2, 2024 9:02 PM

R23, more so it’s the script. She’s not lying about what is and isn’t in it and why.

by Anonymousreply 24October 3, 2024 2:34 AM

I also sucked at 23 (but I wasn't the lead in a $500 million production. I did brew a mean drip coffee)

by Anonymousreply 25October 3, 2024 2:43 AM

Is this even true? I tried to look it up as I've never heard of such a snowstorm survival origin story in the fairytale, and cannot find any mention of it aside from links to articles quoting Zegler about it.

by Anonymousreply 26October 3, 2024 2:53 AM

That a character is without question, by definition, white is anathema to Hollywood at the moment, so a new backstory is required.

by Anonymousreply 27October 3, 2024 2:56 AM

Oh do shut up!

by Anonymousreply 28October 3, 2024 3:13 AM

“My family raised me to just be grateful for the quiet. I look forward to the quiet. These are the moments I feel most like myself”.

So, why doesn’t she ever shut up?

by Anonymousreply 29October 3, 2024 3:23 AM

[quote]Is this even true? I tried to look it up as I've never heard of such a snowstorm survival origin story in the fairytale, and cannot find any mention of it aside from links to articles quoting Zegler about it.

She's lying.

The radical "woke" liberals love to rewrite history to suit/push their anti-white agenda.

Also see Stonewall, which was mainly "cis" white men, but according to the "wokes" it was transwomen of color who did it all and it's currently being published/taught as fact every June.

by Anonymousreply 30October 3, 2024 3:36 AM

[quote]France's farmer

There's one person farming all of France? They must be exhausted!

by Anonymousreply 31October 3, 2024 3:45 AM

Despite her sounding a bit preachy, it isn't as though many things in the movie industry haven't changed over the past 10 years. The Me Too movement, the push for more authentic representation for gay roles, the (righteous) anger coming from many POC who boycotted various awards shows a few years ago due to lack of recognition and representation - all of this played a part in where we are now. And as a result, she sounds like most of her generation.

Gen Z has grown up seeing all of this unfold from a young age, so their tolerance for anything that feels sexist, racist, homophobic, etc is lower than any previous generation. I don't feel she is responsible for the changes that were made, just the one who has to play the role and offer support.

by Anonymousreply 32October 3, 2024 4:41 AM

[Quote] Disney didn't tell her to shut the fuck up or we'll make sure you're never hired in Hollywood again?

Shut up about what? What did she say that should prevent her from ever working in Hollywood again?

by Anonymousreply 33October 3, 2024 4:54 AM

R33 Aside from trashing the original movie?

by Anonymousreply 34October 3, 2024 4:59 AM

Yet another woke idiot that needs firing.

by Anonymousreply 35October 3, 2024 7:18 AM

A reimagining of Romeo + Juliet updated from the Elizabethan setting? OMG don’t tell Baz Luhrman he might get ideas!

And she spent 6 months in London but didn’t consider it a diverse city?! Blind bitch.

by Anonymousreply 36October 3, 2024 7:30 AM

I knew Snow White.

I married Snow White.

You my dear, are not Snow White.

by Anonymousreply 37October 3, 2024 9:14 AM

It would be more impactful if she wasn’t a half white (polish) Latina.

by Anonymousreply 38October 3, 2024 9:21 AM

R36 I’m guessing she’s never seen a map. In her mind diversity is black and Latino. The millions of people in London from across the EU, Eastern Europe and Asia are invisible to her pea brain. She’d probably walk up to a Pakistani Londoner and complain that there’s no diversity!

by Anonymousreply 39October 3, 2024 9:51 AM

It’s a regular occurrence when celebrities speak off script - their ignorance speaks volumes. It’s laughable that this idiot believes she has anything of substance to say about anything.

by Anonymousreply 40October 3, 2024 11:25 AM

Whatever it takes to justify horrible casting decisions, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 41October 3, 2024 4:12 PM

DEI,DEI,DEI,DEI.

by Anonymousreply 42October 3, 2024 4:22 PM

[quote]This is rich coming from the chick who is named after the Rachel Green character in Friends.

She should then change her name to Regine since Friends is a show that ripped off a black TV show. Honor the original and not the white bastardized version of it.

We're waiting.

by Anonymousreply 43October 3, 2024 4:25 PM

Not gonna lie, shes gorgeous. No idea of her talent. But you have to be extraordinary to get away with an attitude like hers and I just don't think she has that. You still have to be processional, to a degree, even in show business.

by Anonymousreply 44October 3, 2024 6:08 PM

Heigh-ho.

by Anonymousreply 45October 4, 2024 8:47 AM

Oh for God's sake, just die!

by Anonymousreply 46October 4, 2024 9:03 AM

Shud’up or she’ll get one of the seven 6’9 ‘dwarves’ to beat the living shit out of you.

by Anonymousreply 47October 4, 2024 9:17 AM

R47 Haven’t you heard? The human actors have been replaced by horrific-looking CGI dwarves because of the backlash.

by Anonymousreply 48October 4, 2024 9:25 AM

r44 Oh please, she looks like something created by chatGPT in 2046 or space aliens right now; she looks like she honestly believes she defecates frozen yogurt.

by Anonymousreply 49October 4, 2024 1:31 PM

She was awful in the West Side Story remake

by Anonymousreply 50October 4, 2024 1:46 PM

"a version that was told in history" is Trump-ese, akin to "many people say". Does Zegler even know the story isn't real?

The Grimms collected their stories from folklore. They did not write them, so it's possible that there is some minute pocket of Germany somewhere which had that version in 1257, but I couldn't find it after googling around for a while. In the Grimm story it is certainly the "skin as white as snow" deal. Not only that, but "white" in this story indicates she is the virtuous character, as in a white hat in a Western or the white robes on Princess Leia as opposed to Darth's black outfit. None of this is ideal for the Woke, but it being unideal doesn't make it any less true of the story, or of centuries of literary and dramatic symbolism.

by Anonymousreply 51October 4, 2024 1:53 PM

PS I'm not saying it's morally RIGHT, but it is fact.

by Anonymousreply 52October 4, 2024 2:50 PM

I blame the idiot who cast her as Fiona in that Hackensack Shrek.

by Anonymousreply 53October 4, 2024 3:03 PM

[quote] What did she say that should prevent her from ever working in Hollywood again?

Everything that comes out of her ignorant fucking mouth.

Have we forgotten the bitch fit she threw when she wasn’t invited to the Oscar’s, even though she wasn’t even nominated? Or the past year trashing one of Disney’s most beloved and acclaimed properties because it doesn’t fit her contemporary agenda?

She easily could have diplomatically addressed the unnecessary changes while being respectful to the original, but she decided eviscerating it as creepy, stalkerish and misogynistic was the entitled route to take.

Every shitty quote has made clickbait headlines and led to the horrible rep this movie has earned before release. It has other problems, no doubt, but she has been the worst ambassador imaginable.

She’s an entitled cunt who can’t shut her mouth and she’ll be one of the primary reasons this film flops. And it will flop. She’s made sure of that.

I’ve never seen a performer so desperately in need of media training. Or she’s received it and doesn’t give a shit. That seems like how she rolls.

She’s not fit to vacuum the popcorn off the floor of a theater.

by Anonymousreply 54October 4, 2024 3:10 PM

[quote] "a version that was told in history" is Trump-ese, akin to "many people say"

Exactly a Trumpian tactic. We can’t prove that there has NOT been a version like that told in history, so we must accept her claim as fact. It’s insane.

by Anonymousreply 55October 4, 2024 3:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!