Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Newly opened gay bar and cafe in Asheville destroyed in Hurricane Helene

Was open for a month and the hurricane put the entire building under water. They lost everything.

I know we are always suspicious of the grift here, but I feel these guys are decent gays and not on the grift, so I donated to the GFM. Hard enough to open a gay bar or keep one open these days......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 2, 2024 6:41 PM

Devasting

Also Ashville is a known flood zone with at least 5000 properties at HIGH RISK of major flooding. Maybe open your new business above a flood zone.

by Anonymousreply 1October 2, 2024 4:55 PM

Did they not have flood insurance? I know it's difficult to get in Florida but I've not heard it was a problem in NC. There's no reason they shouldn't be able to build back once their claim is approved.

by Anonymousreply 2October 2, 2024 5:15 PM

Great....so, we will now hear, that we were the cause.

by Anonymousreply 3October 2, 2024 5:26 PM

[quote] Devasting

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 4October 2, 2024 5:45 PM

[quote] Did they not have flood insurance?

I'm sure they did, but this flood was well beyond what was expected in the area.

by Anonymousreply 5October 2, 2024 5:45 PM

We can rebuild! āœŠ

by Anonymousreply 6October 2, 2024 6:28 PM

So their insurance company will say the flood was "unexpected" therefore they don't have to pay out? šŸ¤”

by Anonymousreply 7October 2, 2024 6:41 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!