Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What do Baby Boomers think about Trump?

He is one of theirs.

He represents them in a nutshell.

Are they proud of him?

by Anonymousreply 81October 4, 2024 11:00 AM

I know some who love him and some who loathe him.

by Anonymousreply 1October 2, 2024 10:20 AM

Yes that’s why he has the majority of their support. There are two main groups keeping Trump afloat: boomers and white males who are aggrieved about some aspect in society.

by Anonymousreply 2October 2, 2024 10:21 AM

If you dig into the polling he’s losing all baby boomer groups except whites without a degree. He’s doing much better with gen z males than boomers.

by Anonymousreply 3October 2, 2024 10:36 AM

You’re out of touch with reality, OP. In NYC, even the Republicans hate his fucking guts. Same in the suburbs but not as much. I’ve run into some hard hat types who like him, same with some recent immigrants oddly enough. This “one of us” shit is supremely ignorant, OP.

by Anonymousreply 4October 2, 2024 10:50 AM

There’s a mountain of polling on this, OP. The nation is divided and the Boomers are divided.

Also to be clear, when you say Boomers you mean white people, don’t you. Smells that way. Try asking 75 year old Black voters what they think of Trump.

by Anonymousreply 5October 2, 2024 10:57 AM

Is the OP the Old People Need To Die troll? They sure type like it.

And what younger groups feel is only important if they vote.

by Anonymousreply 6October 2, 2024 11:17 AM

r6 " And what younger groups feel is only important if they vote. "

What ANY one feels is only important if they vote

by Anonymousreply 7October 2, 2024 11:20 AM

The idea that only boomers vote for Trump is a fantasy. His main supporters are h.s. grads of any age. Also there is nothing particularly boomer or American about Trump. His core appeal is an anti immigrant philosophy that is spreading all over the world.

by Anonymousreply 8October 2, 2024 11:32 AM

Will everyone in the world please lineup and shit in my mouth. Thank you in advance.

by Anonymousreply 9October 2, 2024 11:34 AM

R7 no group has a higher % of voting than the folks. The younger groups less so.

by Anonymousreply 10October 2, 2024 12:16 PM

R7 and younger voters don’t vote in anywhere near the percentages of older voters.

All voters feel. Only some of ‘em vote.

by Anonymousreply 11October 2, 2024 12:18 PM

I wonder how many of these threads the op has started that are attacks aimed at seniors just on DL?

by Anonymousreply 12October 2, 2024 12:25 PM

Boomers are represented in so many areas with so many people that one fat buffoon Boomer means ZERO

by Anonymousreply 13October 2, 2024 12:37 PM

Only boomers on the coasts hate Trump-not enough. US doomed to 4-ever Trump prez.

by Anonymousreply 14October 2, 2024 12:39 PM

That's fucking stupid, OP.

Trump doesn't represent boomers any more than Johnny Depp does.

What are you, a millennial? How do you feel about JD Vance? You DO realize he represents you, right?

Putz.

by Anonymousreply 15October 2, 2024 12:40 PM

Boomers had parents who fought/lived through the depression, WW2, Race riots of the 60's, burning of inner cities, multiple assassinations, Cuban missile crisis, birth control/AIDS, Vietnam and checking the newspaper to see who got drafted. Old people know how dangerous Trump and his minions are. Also , it's the economy stupid, it's never been better.

Old people know what happens in a dictatorship, they steal from everyone and kill their enemies, it's not academic. Castro, Noriega, Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot, Pinochet, and Ceaușescu, cults of personality that all follow the same pattern.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16October 2, 2024 12:52 PM

JD Vance will be the face of the millennial generation if Trump wins in November. He becomes their official standard bearer.

by Anonymousreply 17October 2, 2024 12:55 PM

Boy, you really fucked up posting this thread, huh OP?

by Anonymousreply 18October 2, 2024 1:11 PM

Many love him for somw reason ,many hate him. I find this question and thread odd. What was the intent?

by Anonymousreply 19October 2, 2024 1:12 PM

R19 Generational warfare.

Which is kicking those who start it in the ass.

by Anonymousreply 20October 2, 2024 1:16 PM

Sure, let’s fight each other rather than the real enemy.

by Anonymousreply 21October 2, 2024 1:21 PM

Another Teacake “question” thread.

This site is all but destroyed.

by Anonymousreply 22October 2, 2024 1:24 PM

A site that lets its worst most triggered members FF and ban the more interesting members deserves to be destroyed.

It won’t be but it should

by Anonymousreply 23October 2, 2024 1:37 PM

NYC Boomer here, cast my first vote for McGovern, voted against Reagan and Bush twice.

A lot of seniors with college degrees who had good middle class lives and careers hate Trump and Republicans — what’s to like when they are continually trying to destroy Social Security and Medicare? Boomers who have kids and grandkids care about the environment, and what life will be like for their progeny.

And we grew up with abortion as a fixed right for women, now suddenly it’s gone because of the religious right?

And if you grew up in NY, you always knew Trump was an ass and charlatan, as crooked and phony as the longest summer day.

by Anonymousreply 24October 2, 2024 1:40 PM

R23 Who are the "more interesting" members?

Assholes who are triggered? Methheads with a keyboard? Lying fucking liars who come here daily to lie?

Interested to know who qualifies, particularly on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 25October 2, 2024 1:44 PM

r10 What ANY one feels is only important if they vote

by Anonymousreply 26October 2, 2024 2:00 PM

No. Why the fuck should they be?

by Anonymousreply 27October 2, 2024 2:02 PM

No one person represents all, or even a significant portion of any group. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 28October 2, 2024 2:04 PM

As a Boomer - I don't think about DUMP - now, what I think 'of' him is - He's what you have to scrape off the bottom of your shoe when you didn't watch your step in the dog park. No matter how vigorously you clean that shoe it will always have that stench!

by Anonymousreply 29October 2, 2024 2:04 PM

What R24 said. Boomer here, who lives in New York City for all my 65 years. We fucking hate Trump.

by Anonymousreply 30October 2, 2024 2:06 PM

I knew it was a good decision to block cunt face @ R23 a long, long, time ago.

I’m with R25. 👍🏼

by Anonymousreply 31October 2, 2024 2:10 PM

Your only post OP? Which sock puppet is this? Also, why so divisive? What's in it for you?

by Anonymousreply 32October 2, 2024 2:14 PM

I think he’s Trumpendous!

by Anonymousreply 33October 2, 2024 2:21 PM

Boomers are Trump's biggest supporters.

by Anonymousreply 34October 2, 2024 2:30 PM

[quote]Once a reliable group for Republicans, senior voters have been trending toward the left as the baby boomer generation, which came of age during the 1960s and ’70s, now comprise a majority of the voting bloc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35October 2, 2024 5:52 PM

[quote]Boomers are Trump's biggest supporters.

Guess again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36October 2, 2024 5:54 PM

Thank you R34, for your uninformed, and ill informed generalization. Are you OP by any chance? I understand why you wouldn’t want to admit that.

by Anonymousreply 37October 2, 2024 8:54 PM

Gen Xers please start explaining why you all support Trump.

by Anonymousreply 38October 2, 2024 9:02 PM

Baby boomers are not, like every group, some homogeneous groupthink breed. Some love him, some loathe him.

by Anonymousreply 39October 2, 2024 9:11 PM

I suspect it's that teacreature.

by Anonymousreply 40October 2, 2024 9:15 PM

I guess Trump is technically a baby boomer, born in 1946, which is the first year of the baby boom. I always thought he was older than being a baby boomer.

by Anonymousreply 41October 2, 2024 9:15 PM

Generation Jones for Kamala.

by Anonymousreply 42October 2, 2024 9:33 PM

Ignore the Russian OP writing from a KGB operations center somewhere in the vicinity of Moscow - or maybe it’s an American 20-year-old Musk-bro who’s getting something of value in exchange for being a traitor. Recognize disinformation when you see it.

by Anonymousreply 43October 2, 2024 9:35 PM

OP Bill Clinton, Barack Obama, Tim Walz and Kamala Harris are boomers.

by Anonymousreply 44October 2, 2024 10:25 PM

Boomers and older Gen Xers are the core of Trump's base.

by Anonymousreply 45October 2, 2024 10:53 PM

I'm a boomer and almost every boomer I know loathes him would never vote for him (including the religous boomers I know).

by Anonymousreply 46October 2, 2024 11:23 PM

You're a fucking brain dead moron, OP. We hate him and we're just waiting for the fat fuck to stroke out on some tacky golf course.

by Anonymousreply 47October 2, 2024 11:24 PM

You eldergays need to get out of your gay ghetto bubbles. Trump has support from a huge number of Boomers. I live in CT and it's sickening how many Boomers I know and also older Gen Xers I know who are into him. Even in a true blue state there are lots of Trump signs. Granted, it's mostly outside Fairfield and Litchfield counties but it's still CT.

by Anonymousreply 48October 2, 2024 11:27 PM

Walz and Kamala are Generation Jonesters -- like me.

by Anonymousreply 49October 2, 2024 11:30 PM

Crazy old coots vote for crazy old coots. Like to like.

by Anonymousreply 50October 2, 2024 11:32 PM

R49 they were both born in 1964. Baby Boomers are the generation born from 1946 to 1964.

by Anonymousreply 51October 2, 2024 11:37 PM

Lawn signs in CT mean everything. We all know that. May as well give up to Fascism right now.

by Anonymousreply 52October 2, 2024 11:38 PM

I have absolutely nothing in common with Baby Boomers, R51.

As for Generation Jones,

[quote] the term refers to a generation born from 1954 to 1965... Generation Jones is a cusp or micro-generation between the Boomers and Xers

Read the Wikipedia -- you might learn something.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53October 2, 2024 11:54 PM

No thanks R53 Nothing to learn from you or Wikipedia

In part, this shift could be generational. Kamala Harris and Tim Walz were both born in 1964, the very last year of the Baby Boom. Yet many in that cohort feel no identification with baby boomers. But neither are they Gen Xers. They are people in-between. Perhaps in 2024, this status now enables public figures to be “in between” in new ways, to wear their gender more lightly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54October 3, 2024 12:03 AM

This boomer fucking hates Trump.

by Anonymousreply 55October 3, 2024 12:08 AM

r52 it's just an observation from a very blue state. It's fucking nuts but it is what it is.

by Anonymousreply 56October 3, 2024 12:15 AM

What it actually is, is nothing but meaningless yard sign bullshit from CT. But hey, you do you pookie.

by Anonymousreply 57October 3, 2024 12:21 AM

^^Hey asshole it's just an observation from a very blue state, as I said. You sound like a miserable person.

by Anonymousreply 58October 3, 2024 12:22 AM

[Quote] boomers and white males who are aggrieved about some aspect in society.

Actually the generation that broke most for Trump is mine, Gen X.

Rather than your “aggrieved white males” descriptor above, I might put it as low-information whites who are losing ground. Trump very persuasively offers them up scapegoats in a way that’s irresistible to them. He’s like a pied piper for white trash.

by Anonymousreply 59October 3, 2024 12:26 AM

This gay baby boomer thinks he's a piece of shit, lying mofo, and a threat to democracy. I can't wait to read his obituary.

by Anonymousreply 60October 3, 2024 12:29 AM

Believe in the lawn signs! They mean everything.

by Anonymousreply 61October 3, 2024 12:35 AM

Yeah really r60. I keep saying to myself that the motherfucker can’t live forever.

But I don’t want him dead. I want him alive and in prison.

by Anonymousreply 62October 3, 2024 12:35 AM

R59 Well Said-thx. I was afraid my straight successful white married w/children brother was a Boomer-Trumper. I was wrong-he hates Trump. Who Knew?

by Anonymousreply 63October 3, 2024 12:39 AM

r61 just go to bed.

by Anonymousreply 64October 3, 2024 12:40 AM

R64, you’re telling the lawn signs troll to go to bed. He’ll just feel his extreme aloneness there.

He’d much rather lie about the economy. See Twitter link.

Meanwhile, back on planet reality, Deloitte and Touche say:

[Quote] Despite persistent concerns surrounding the durability of growth and interest rate policy, the US economy remains fundamentally strong. Growth rebounded to a strong 3.0% in the second quarter. All available evidence suggests policymakers may have managed to bring inflation under control without causing a recession.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65October 3, 2024 12:47 AM

Oh, and blaming Kamala for failing to put her cape on and fly up into the storm to send it back out to sea, a power she definitely has.

by Anonymousreply 66October 3, 2024 12:49 AM

Most of the Boomers are now over 60. I believe we will all find that Gen X is the Trumpiest generation.

by Anonymousreply 67October 3, 2024 12:51 AM

The boomers in my family can’t stand him, nor could they back in the eighties when he became a celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 68October 3, 2024 12:52 AM

r48 the Boomers and Gen Xers on here are delulu about their own peers' politics. They are the bread and butter of Trump. They are why MAGA is a thing still

by Anonymousreply 69October 3, 2024 1:00 AM

R67 they both suck

by Anonymousreply 70October 3, 2024 1:00 AM

Delulu?

I live in Deplorable Haven, FL, so I know who exactly the Trumpers here are. Sorry to disappoint you, but it's all generations of uneducated men, black, white, and Hispanic.

And the female Trumpers are weak women who are dependent on their men and just do whatever they're told.

Never, ever accuse me of living in a liberal bubble -- fuck, I wish I did!

by Anonymousreply 71October 3, 2024 1:07 AM

r71 white trash in rural Florida are definitely Trumpers, but that's not the whole story. I know a number of well-off types in CT/NY who are Trumpers. Of course with them it's all about their portfolios.

by Anonymousreply 72October 3, 2024 1:34 AM

OP posts like someone committed to hassle-posts, for whatever reason.

by Anonymousreply 73October 3, 2024 1:35 AM

I hated him the 70s and I hate him still

by Anonymousreply 74October 3, 2024 2:07 AM

Trump is the last putrid flower of the Boomers before we pry their cold dead hands off the levers of power. Like that plant that smells like a rotting corpse and only blooms every ten years.

by Anonymousreply 75October 3, 2024 2:22 AM

So true r75. Death is the only thing that's going to make them give up power. They've totally fucked Gen X and now Millennials from moving forward.

by Anonymousreply 76October 3, 2024 2:32 AM

Silly to tar a whole generation with one thing or another. Reminds me of the 60s when we blamed everything wrong in the world on the prior generation and our parents threw fits over long hair on men.

I was born in '55 and I hate Trump's guts, so do my older brother and sister. My father was politically pretty conservative, always Republican, though both my parents were socially pretty liberal. Lived in multiple states, ended up in No. CA. I think it's more about your background, surroundings, upbringing, education level, and whether you and your parents have always voted for one party. You tend to stick with it even if you're not crazy about the candidate.

by Anonymousreply 77October 3, 2024 2:33 AM

[quote] Silly to tar a whole generation with one thing or another.

Oh reallly? I'm pretty sure I see the DL Olds doing just that on here, whining about Gen Z or Millenials every day it seems.

But oh boy, it somebody says something critical about them, they blow a gasket and this thread is proof. They can dish it, they can't take it. Who are the real snowflakes?

by Anonymousreply 78October 4, 2024 4:05 AM

My mom is a boomer and she is the Queen of MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 79October 4, 2024 4:08 AM

Jabba the Trump is a demented old fascist who should be deported to Russia.

by Anonymousreply 80October 4, 2024 4:10 AM

R78 the DL Generation Troll stating how unhappy she is and once again explaining to DL why she has to be the Generation Troll.

by Anonymousreply 81October 4, 2024 11:00 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!