Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Spirit Halloween trashes SNL

Wow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 2, 2024 3:07 AM

I heard about this in the car earlier. Dayum shots fired 😂.

by Anonymousreply 1October 2, 2024 2:45 AM

I have never seen a Spirit store btw. Is this a flyover midwestern thing?

by Anonymousreply 2October 2, 2024 2:48 AM

Where is the lie?

Glad someone finally decided to say what a lot have been thinking.

by Anonymousreply 3October 2, 2024 2:51 AM

SNL has reached the point where middle-aged people now remember MADTv and In Living Color as being way cooler and funnier.

by Anonymousreply 4October 2, 2024 2:52 AM

We aintz gotz no Spirit Halloween in da hood near mah crib, boyyyyyyyzzzzzz.

by Anonymousreply 5October 2, 2024 2:55 AM

Why do SNL skits run so long? Without being funny?

by Anonymousreply 6October 2, 2024 2:56 AM

R5 Boy bye. When did I ever say I lived in the hood. Though I did briefly in my early 20s but I certainly didn’t grow up there. The problem is you elder soft racists equate everything black with the hood. And I’m pretty sure you are a swell guy overall, just narrow minded.

by Anonymousreply 7October 2, 2024 2:58 AM

I saw this YouTube of a vlogger (who sounds like a kid) who doesn't seem to get that SNL parodies are more about satire and not accuracy. He complains about SNL using props from other stores. He also mentions SNL probably being on budget (no shit Sherlock everyone knows that) and probably not affording certain things. He also complains about the bit about the Taylor Swift costume and he cries about the part about "stuff being thrown in dumpsters" and how it's not true. Even as a kid watching SNL, I knew that the commercial parodies weren't intended to be accurate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8October 2, 2024 2:58 AM

[quote]I have never seen a Spirit store btw. Is this a flyover midwestern thing?

Hardly. They temporarily take over abandoned and vacant retail sites every season. They're EVERYWHERE.

by Anonymousreply 9October 2, 2024 2:58 AM

I think once Lorne Michael's = gone, SNL = gone shortly afterwards. They're running on fumes and the last memories of prestige by this point.

by Anonymousreply 10October 2, 2024 2:59 AM

*Michaels, not Michael's

by Anonymousreply 11October 2, 2024 3:00 AM

[quote] When did I ever say I lived in the hood. Though I did briefly in my early 20s

🤣

by Anonymousreply 12October 2, 2024 3:07 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!