Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Detroit Lions QB Jared Goff makes history with 100% pass completion against the Seahawks!

Jared Goff is the first quarterback in NFL history to attempt more than 10 passes in a game without throwing an incompletion. Goff was as perfect as you could be throwing the football Monday night in Detroit's 42-29 win over Seattle, as he finished 18-for-18 for 292 yards with two touchdowns and a passer rating of 155.8.

And that performance didn't even earn Goff a game ball from head coach Dan Campbell.

"Yeah, well, I just gave the game ball to somebody else so I feel awful right now," Campbell said with a smile after the game. "Well, I knew he played a heck of a game. I did not realize he was perfect. I did not know he was literally 18-for-18.

"But I knew he played really well – you could feel it – and he really found his rhythm early, and I thought he was seeing the field, played with rhythm, he had to move a little bit in the pocket."

Goff made all the right reads and checkdowns and tight-window throws to keep the offense churning all night to the tune of six touchdowns and 42 points. He even caught his first career touchdown on a 7-yard trick-play pass from Amon-Ra St. Brown. He then hit Jameson Williams in stride for a 70-yard touchdown and later helped seal the game in the fourth quarter with a 7-yard strike to St. Brown.

In his last two games, Goff has completed 36-of-41 passes (87.8 percent). Over any two-game span since the 1970 AFL/NFL merger, this ties for the second highest completion percentage any quarterback has had when attempting at least 40 passes.

"Never. I don't think I've ever done it," Goff said of having a perfect passing game in his career. "I knew I did it in the first half last week, so I was aware of it then, and I was kind of aware of it today – middle of the third quarter, I was like, I couldn't think of one.

"But then I threw the one out of bounds that ended up being offensive pass interference, and I was like, 'Does that count?' I didn't know if that counted or not. But yeah, I didn't."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 2, 2024 2:26 AM

He's a cutie.

Looks older than 29, though

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 2, 2024 1:16 AM

My family has been Lions fans through thick and thin, my cousins go to the game every Thanksgiving and watch them lose every year. I am not as much of a sports fan as my brothers and father but it would mean so much if the Lions could make it to the Super Bowl. They have never been in a Super Bowl.

by Anonymousreply 2October 2, 2024 1:20 AM

Berkeley produces excellent quarterbacks.

by Anonymousreply 3October 2, 2024 1:32 AM

The head coach didn’t know he was perfect?

by Anonymousreply 4October 2, 2024 2:20 AM

With his former team.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 2, 2024 2:22 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 2, 2024 2:23 AM

Does Jared color his hair?

He looks good as a blond.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 2, 2024 2:26 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!