Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Liza Minnelli Joins the Producing Team for 'Drag: The Musical'

Stage and screen legend Liza Minnelli has joined the producing team of Off-Broadway's Drag: The Musical, now in previews at New World Stages and headed towards an October 21 opening night. Minnelli has previously produced her own concerts, though this venture will be her first time producing a full-length musical.

The cast is led by co-writer and RuPaul's Drag Race winner Alaska Thunderfuck as Kitty Galloway. She's joined by fellow Drag Race alums Luxx Noir London as Popcorn, Jan Sport as Savannah St. James, and Jujubee as The Tigress, along with Joey McIntyre as Tom Hutchinson, Nick Adams as Alexis Gilmore, Bre Jackson as Dixie Coxworth, Eddie Korbich as Drunk Jerry, Lagoona Bloo as Tuna Turner, Nick Laughlin as Puss Puss Dubois, and J. Elaine Marcos as Gloria Schmidt and Rita Laritz, along with Cameron Mitchell Bell, Brandon Burks, Nicholas Kraft, Christine Shepard, and Kodiak Thompson. Remi Tuckman and Yair Keydar are sharing the tole of Brendan Hutchinson. Casting is by Ryan Bernard Tymensky of RBT Casting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 2, 2024 1:04 AM

Alaska wrote the musical alongside collaborators Tomas Costanza and Ashley Gordon. The show follows two rival drag bars, each fighting for survival while dealing with financial troubles. Spencer Liff is directing and choreographing.

by Anonymousreply 1October 1, 2024 10:46 PM

You couldn't pay me enough.

by Anonymousreply 2October 1, 2024 10:47 PM

Mushical

by Anonymousreply 3October 1, 2024 10:47 PM

Lorna, call me.

by Anonymousreply 4October 1, 2024 10:51 PM

I'm available to push her wheelchair down the red carpet on opening night!

by Anonymousreply 5October 1, 2024 10:55 PM

You gotta believe!

by Anonymousreply 6October 1, 2024 10:55 PM

"Michael Feinstein Joins the Producing Team for 'Drag: The Musical' using Liza's money" would be a more accurate title

by Anonymousreply 7October 1, 2024 10:57 PM

[quote]I'm available to push her wheelchair down the red carpet on opening night!

I'll cut you, bitch!

by Anonymousreply 8October 1, 2024 10:58 PM

She had no idea what she was signing.

by Anonymousreply 9October 1, 2024 11:04 PM

Schingle Ladiesch!

by Anonymousreply 10October 1, 2024 11:10 PM

[quote] She had no idea what she was signing.

She could go on having no idea what she was singing.

by Anonymousreply 11October 2, 2024 12:17 AM

I hope there is more money left. I like blue and green.

by Anonymousreply 12October 2, 2024 12:34 AM

"It's so brilliant that I had to join as a producer! Join me at every performance. Yes, EVERY PERFORMANCE!"

by Anonymousreply 13October 2, 2024 12:45 AM

Hello, Georgia.

by Anonymousreply 14October 2, 2024 1:04 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!