Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Joker 2 is FLOPPING

Predictions now as low as $44 million in the first week and just opened in Korea with the worst word of mouth for a blockbuster in recent history.

Its shaping up to be a flop.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68October 3, 2024 3:07 PM

They messed up making this a musical

by Anonymousreply 1October 1, 2024 10:24 PM

Wicked is doomed and they made that into two parts.

by Anonymousreply 2October 1, 2024 10:29 PM

Get that fugly hag off our screens!

by Anonymousreply 3October 1, 2024 10:29 PM

Haha for Joaquin Phoenix. Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 4October 1, 2024 10:30 PM

I feel fairly confident in saying that Gladiator II will flop as well.

by Anonymousreply 5October 1, 2024 10:31 PM

River never would have flopped as the Joker.

by Anonymousreply 6October 1, 2024 10:32 PM

The str8 bros don't want to watch a musical with ugly gaga as harley quinn in it

by Anonymousreply 7October 1, 2024 10:49 PM

Will Gaga also have an "Italian" accent that sounds Russian on this too?

by Anonymousreply 8October 1, 2024 10:59 PM

It should've been you instead, Joaquin.

by Anonymousreply 9October 1, 2024 11:02 PM

[quote] The str8 bros

The standard for 'str8 bros' has truly dropped, hasn't it? Bros used to have a connotation of athletics and frat-boy behavior, not basement-dwelling virgins.

by Anonymousreply 10October 1, 2024 11:03 PM

Lady Gaga is someone who has no appeal to me as an actress. When I saw she costars in this I lost any interest in seeing this.

by Anonymousreply 11October 1, 2024 11:14 PM

GOOD. I couldn't stand the pretentious original. Joker is dark and depressing. The Kind of Comedy (1982) is fun and uplifting.

by Anonymousreply 12October 1, 2024 11:15 PM

R12: I agree and I certainly would not have given Phoenix the Oscar for it.

by Anonymousreply 13October 1, 2024 11:31 PM

the ONLY good superhero movies are spiderman 3 and the batman with arnold schwarzenegger

by Anonymousreply 14October 1, 2024 11:40 PM

Ugh. Does anybody remember when comic books and superheroes were considered the realm of uncool nerds?

When the hell did that shift?

by Anonymousreply 15October 2, 2024 12:29 AM

It just doesn’t look good. Why in the hell did they make it a musical? Heath Ledger is laughing from his grave.

by Anonymousreply 16October 2, 2024 12:58 AM

This looks terrible. I watched an interview of the cast and director yesterday and couldn't believe it. A MUSICAL? What in the fuck were they thinking?

DIS. AS. TER.

by Anonymousreply 17October 2, 2024 3:58 AM

Gaga must be box office poison. I've only seen her in one movie, House of Gucci and she wasn't good.

by Anonymousreply 18October 2, 2024 4:45 AM

It seems like they deliberately created a bomb. Talk about misreading your fans. They created a musical for women when the last one was violent and misanthropic for men. GaGa is a movie killer, just like Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 19October 2, 2024 4:54 AM

Not every movie needs a sequel. Most don't, The Godfather was an exception.

by Anonymousreply 20October 2, 2024 4:55 AM

Joker was creepy so 2 must be worse. Joaquin Phoenix should have won the oscar for Walk the Line, he did the singing and did an impressive job of Johnny Cash's voice.

by Anonymousreply 21October 2, 2024 4:59 AM

FU, OP. Saw it, loved it.

by Anonymousreply 22October 2, 2024 5:24 AM

Joker 1 came out pre pandemic. The world is just not the same. 2 years of shut downs normalized an already young audience that was increasingly abandoning the normal theater going experience.

by Anonymousreply 23October 2, 2024 5:45 AM

The Vadge fans are out in full force.

by Anonymousreply 24October 2, 2024 5:58 AM

59% on RT. Director has just come out and said this is it for him. No more DC movies.

by Anonymousreply 25October 2, 2024 7:33 AM

[quote] the ONLY good superhero movies are spiderman 3 and the batman with arnold schwarzenegger

Batman and Robin? The worst Batman movie of all-time? THAT Batman with Fatgirl? lmao. It ended the franchise.

by Anonymousreply 26October 2, 2024 7:35 AM

Gaga doesn’t have a big part in the film. She’s basically a cameo.

by Anonymousreply 27October 2, 2024 7:36 AM

R26 The person is being sarcastic. R27 have you legit seen it?

by Anonymousreply 28October 2, 2024 7:38 AM

White people are crazy 😂. She was not fat in Batman and Robin unless you have a fucking eating disorder. Lord.

by Anonymousreply 29October 2, 2024 7:39 AM

She was definitely fat. She was skinny a few years prior. Everyone noticed the weight gain. She’s MAGA now so fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 30October 2, 2024 8:08 AM

I love all the 90s Batmans and has seen that movie 100 goddam times so I went to google make sure my memory wasn’t playing tricks on me. That girl was not fat in that film. This is fat to you?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31October 2, 2024 8:13 AM

Hey Joaquin!!

How you doing, baby?

by Anonymousreply 32October 2, 2024 8:16 AM

[quote] unless you have a fucking eating disorder.

I don't know about that R29, but I do know that, at the very least, you have multiple personality disorder. Holier-than-thou/BlackMussy/Teacake/All the other "Mafuckin" sock puppet accounts you may have. Cementing your status as the resident looney on DL. One unmedicated and unhinged post at a time.

by Anonymousreply 33October 2, 2024 8:17 AM

R31, that a professional retouched photograph. She was definitely not in good shape in the film.

by Anonymousreply 34October 2, 2024 8:36 AM

Of course to fucking fat as a house Americans now Alicia looks svelte.

by Anonymousreply 35October 2, 2024 8:37 AM

R33 no you are just narrow minded and think a black can’t be talking about these subject matters. Yes I am all the monikers you just listed. I am not lipstick lesbian or Greg. Nexttttttttt

by Anonymousreply 36October 2, 2024 8:41 AM

R34 Bro I saw this movie so many freaking times along with the other 90s ones so I hate to be a matter of fact cunt, but I’m sorry Imma argue the point. This is a scene from the film. This bitch was not fat. What she was— was a British cunt with an American accent which made no sense at all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37October 2, 2024 8:45 AM

Very bad reviews

by Anonymousreply 38October 2, 2024 8:45 AM

Now now, when did I ever say she was svelte. Alicia looks to be a size 6, maybe an 8 in this film. That’s why a whole generation of Becky’s walking round with eating disorders lol. This girl was simply not fat. She got a big head but she is not fat and never has been

by Anonymousreply 39October 2, 2024 8:48 AM

[quote] 1 are just narrow minded and think a black can’t be talking about these subject matters. Yes I am all the monikers you just listed. I am not lipstick lesbian or Greg. Nexttttttttt

Pipe the fuck down teacunt you're not intimidating anybody with your internet gangsta act. I'm sure you mean "next" as in the next personality/account you're getting ready to switch to. I almost admire your dedication, but then I remember how offensive this charade really is. I dont think you're black or African American at all, and you have the most inane nonsensical opinions out of everyone here, R36. You need therapy, not another Datalounge account.

by Anonymousreply 40October 2, 2024 9:22 AM

R40 No I meant next like I put you in your mafuckin place now move along. I didn’t read the rest of your diatribe.

by Anonymousreply 41October 2, 2024 9:26 AM

R41 You can't read or type at all. Dumb "mafuckin" cunt.

by Anonymousreply 42October 2, 2024 9:42 AM

I love Gaga but this looks like dreck. No thanks!

by Anonymousreply 43October 2, 2024 10:25 AM

Stephanie can’t act and she’s ugly. The movie is a piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 44October 2, 2024 11:16 AM

LMAO!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45October 2, 2024 2:39 PM

R45 I love how The Ga always acts like she's a master thespian who studied under Uta Hagen.

by Anonymousreply 46October 2, 2024 2:51 PM

The first film was kind of a fluke. Making the sequel a courtroom drama with musical interludes shows a lack of understanding of the material.

People don't want to watch the Joker singing in court; they want to see him causing mayhem and outsmarting Batman.

by Anonymousreply 47October 2, 2024 2:52 PM

She needs to learn the value of shutting the fuck up

by Anonymousreply 48October 2, 2024 3:32 PM

Apparently she was a nightmare on set.

Really took her character to heart, would only answer to "Lee," etc...

You know, cause she's real method.

by Anonymousreply 49October 2, 2024 4:59 PM

Very tired of comic book movies.

by Anonymousreply 50October 2, 2024 5:18 PM

Straight men don’t like Lady Gaga.

by Anonymousreply 51October 2, 2024 5:26 PM

The release date isn't until October 4, 2024.

by Anonymousreply 52October 2, 2024 5:30 PM

RT has it at 48% from 85 reviewers. There are no fans score yet.

Some reviews:

"The joke is on the audience with the absolutely awful sequel Joker: Folie à Deux".

"After a strong start, it turns into a ponderous film".

"Joker: Folie à Deux is cheap. It cost a lot, but it’s cheap".

"One of the most egregious examples of a cynical cash-grab that only exists because the previous film over-performed".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53October 3, 2024 11:05 AM

Variety’s headline is misleading. They meant to say “Because of Lady Gaga” not “Even with Lady Gaga”

by Anonymousreply 54October 3, 2024 11:14 AM

Wasn’t most of the appeal of the first movie that he was an incel loser? Millions of guys could relate to that. Nobody cares about the joker in love.

by Anonymousreply 55October 3, 2024 12:00 PM

Gaga assesses her acting career....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56October 3, 2024 12:25 PM

The hate for Gaga here and on other threads is so over the top and ludicrous that one might think, if one hadn't seen her in anyrthing, that she is as bad as the DL Vadge queens claim. The actual facts of the matter are: she's an infinitely more talented singer than Vadge, as well as being a musician (which Vadge is not), and as far as acting goes, Gaga can act circles around the old movie killer Vadge. Gaga is okay in movies. I thought she was uninteresting in A Star Is Born (but virtuallly every other actress in that part was as well, doing the sickly noble bit), and in House of Gucci, she was good. In truth, the terrible performances in that movie were Jared Leto and, as usual, Pacino.

by Anonymousreply 57October 3, 2024 12:32 PM

Gaga was not good in House of Gucci. Everyone was bad but she was terrible.

by Anonymousreply 58October 3, 2024 12:36 PM

R58, if you think her performance was worse than Leto's, there's nothing I can do to help you.

by Anonymousreply 59October 3, 2024 12:43 PM

Her accent was the worse of the bunch.

by Anonymousreply 60October 3, 2024 12:49 PM

Everything about Leto, including that accent, was terrible. And yes, his accent was the worst. Hers was authentic.

by Anonymousreply 61October 3, 2024 12:53 PM

R57, we get it already... you really, really, really hate Madonna. Which shows your age since the real battle these days is Gaga vs. Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, Beyonce, etc...

But anyways, it is possible to see through Gaga's phony baloney act and have it completely disassociated from Madonna.

This might even strike you as inconceivable that some us care for neither.

by Anonymousreply 62October 3, 2024 1:48 PM

No, dear, R62, I don't hate Madonna nor do I love Gaga. I'm merely saying Gaga has more talent in every direction, and I mentioned the caveats. That's all.

And by the way, "anyways" isn't a word.

by Anonymousreply 63October 3, 2024 1:52 PM

R62 also can't seem to get around discussing Gaga's behavior ("phony") as opposed to her abilities, so I'd say it is, in fact, personal for them. They don't like Gaga personally.

by Anonymousreply 64October 3, 2024 1:54 PM

[quote] Which shows your age since the real battle these days is Gaga vs. Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, Beyonce, etc...

All four of them are middle aged or close to it. They're hardly spring chickens.

by Anonymousreply 65October 3, 2024 2:09 PM

Years ago, when we were secretly living in San Diego and crashing on the floor of a beach shack, we never wore shoes. He told me he wanted to make love to me on a canvas." Finally making good on Kinney's promise, the couple slathered on some paint, did the deed, and thus, a cover was born. "We made love on the canvas on a Sunday in Chicago," she explains. "We made love amidst chaos. We talked about shootings. We made love amidst terrorism. And we talked about how people's hearts are also suffering all over the world as they watch and witness!

by Anonymousreply 66October 3, 2024 2:22 PM

This will end up making less than Wonka. Audiences like musicals, but they need to be upbeat.

by Anonymousreply 67October 3, 2024 2:24 PM

It's a fucking comic book movie, not The Three Faces of Eve.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68October 3, 2024 3:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!