Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

‘Babygirl’ trailer is here!!!

Oh, Nicole is coming for that Oscar!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50October 4, 2024 5:38 PM

They cast Nicole Kidman in a biopic about Aaliyah Haughton?

by Anonymousreply 1October 1, 2024 5:57 PM

Nicole Kidman has gotten too much work done on her face to be Oscar-worthy.

by Anonymousreply 2October 1, 2024 6:03 PM

I love how she was getting Botox in the film- 10 points right there-

by Anonymousreply 3October 1, 2024 6:06 PM

Oh. A must see maybe?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 1, 2024 8:10 PM

Why is she wearing Naomi Watts’ wig dyed red?

by Anonymousreply 5October 1, 2024 8:16 PM

No joke, I thought this sound HORRIFIC and was surprised by the reviews so far-- Now seeing the trailer- it looks fantastic-

(I am a huge Nicole fan, generally)

And like I said above- Seeing her get Botox- SUBLIME

by Anonymousreply 6October 1, 2024 9:06 PM

I have always loved her and think she is a fantastic actress, but at this point I cannot envision how any filmmaker is going to get around that face without having to write a Botox subplot into the screenplay for her.

by Anonymousreply 7October 1, 2024 9:11 PM

Didn't AOC call MTG "Babygirl" during an altercation on the House floor?

by Anonymousreply 8October 1, 2024 11:16 PM

R8 baby girl. She was being condescending

by Anonymousreply 9October 1, 2024 11:27 PM

Another hit for Nicole.

by Anonymousreply 10October 2, 2024 2:47 AM

Age gracefully, people or you'll look like that.

by Anonymousreply 11October 2, 2024 3:48 AM

I am excited that Harris Dickinson is in this. He’s my favorite “young” actor out there today. I’ve really liked him in everything I’ve seen him in.

by Anonymousreply 12October 2, 2024 11:02 AM

Dickinson is meh at best

by Anonymousreply 13October 2, 2024 12:37 PM

The mullet on the daughter makes me think she will be a non binary narcissist.

But apart from that it looks like the film a lot of men will go and see by themselves.

by Anonymousreply 14October 2, 2024 12:43 PM

R14 it’s a film women will see. Not men.

by Anonymousreply 15October 2, 2024 12:44 PM

Nah R15, women won't pay to see Nicole Kidman have hot degrading sex with a young stud.

Men will go and see this "arthouse" movie.

by Anonymousreply 16October 2, 2024 12:51 PM

R16 once again, showing you know nothing about films, women or marketing. The film is being marketed to women. It’s like 50 Shades. This isn’t a man’s movie.

by Anonymousreply 17October 2, 2024 1:04 PM

So why isn't there any male nudity in it if it's marketed towards women?

by Anonymousreply 18October 2, 2024 1:21 PM

50 shades of domination-submission rehash. No pearls will be clutched.

by Anonymousreply 19October 2, 2024 1:28 PM

[QUOTE] Dickinson is meh at best

Did you miss Triangle of Sadness? He was excellent and carried much of the film.

by Anonymousreply 20October 2, 2024 1:40 PM

At least there will be an in-film reason for why her face looks like that.

by Anonymousreply 21October 2, 2024 3:07 PM

Christmas Day release.

by Anonymousreply 22October 2, 2024 3:15 PM

If I want to watch a BDSM movie, I'll go old school -- 9 1/2 Weeks.

At least the leads were at the height of their beauty, regardless of what they morphed into later.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23October 2, 2024 3:19 PM

Nah- I think this looks awesome--

I was pissed that Nicole was even being thrown around for Best Actress, until I saw the trailer.

Now, I am in.

(I really want Demi to get nominated)

by Anonymousreply 24October 2, 2024 3:42 PM

The Substance barely even has dialogue

by Anonymousreply 25October 2, 2024 3:45 PM

So? What does that matter, R25? Most of Demi’s scenes in the film are solo and she is incredibly gripping in them.

by Anonymousreply 26October 2, 2024 4:08 PM

This viral tweet says it all. We just love her!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27October 2, 2024 6:23 PM

I was hoping that dog would attack Nicole.

by Anonymousreply 28October 3, 2024 3:01 AM

Why would that young guy be interested in Nicole?! Her neck really belies her age. Yeesh.

by Anonymousreply 29October 3, 2024 3:03 AM

[quote] Another hit for Nicole.

She hasn’t had a hit since “Batman Forever” almost 30 years ago. And anyone could have played that worthless role.

Her “success” is a Hollywood mystery as she delivers zero at the box office and never has.

by Anonymousreply 30October 3, 2024 3:11 AM

She's in everybody's face and people don't like that.

by Anonymousreply 31October 3, 2024 3:18 AM

I could see it grossing $4 to $8 million. Nicole is not box office and it reads as a small indie. She’s on TV so much I don’t see people shelling out $12-15 for this.

by Anonymousreply 32October 3, 2024 3:36 AM

Nicole is essentially an Oscar-winning TV actress. Like Shirley Jones and Cloris Leachman were. Only colder and far less likable.

by Anonymousreply 33October 3, 2024 3:49 AM

So odd that this is being released on Christmas Day.

This should be released the 2nd week of November.

by Anonymousreply 34October 3, 2024 4:25 AM

R34 a lot of “prestige” Oscar hopefuls get snuck in for release in Christmas Day it seems—it’s always a mix of them with standard cineplex garbage. I doubt they’re aiming to make a lot of money on this film, but I’m sure Nicole is hoping for an Oscar nomination. I sort of would have preferred a Thanksgiving release.

by Anonymousreply 35October 3, 2024 4:44 AM

Harris was hot in Beach Rats

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36October 3, 2024 5:00 AM

She’s here, there and everywhere, completely over-exposed.

Clearly her “husband and children” are for show, a habit she picked up from her days married to Scientologist closet case Tom Cruise (so useful to keep people at ease thinking you are normal and human when you are neither.)

But she really needs to take a break and disappear for six months or a year. Give it a rest. She’s not a woman, she’s a contraption.

by Anonymousreply 37October 3, 2024 5:16 AM

Laura Dern too has a NETflix film where she carries on a hot affair with Liam Hensworth . Is this a trend?

by Anonymousreply 38October 3, 2024 11:16 AM

I think Naomi Watts and Robin Wright did it first, swapping each other’s sons.

by Anonymousreply 39October 4, 2024 12:30 PM

Yes, up next: Sally Field and Nicholas Alexander Chavez.

by Anonymousreply 40October 4, 2024 12:51 PM

R35 Oscar contenders start being released November.

by Anonymousreply 41October 4, 2024 3:17 PM

R40 Sally Field already did a film with Max Greenfield where she’s an older woman who has a crush on her young coworker and believes he is into her.

by Anonymousreply 42October 4, 2024 3:18 PM

R30 you claiming that doesn’t change reality. Moulin Rouge and The Others were both successful and carried on her name.

by Anonymousreply 43October 4, 2024 3:20 PM

I loved “Hello, My Name Is Doris” and Sally should have received an Oscar nod for it. A great comedy meets drama performance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44October 4, 2024 3:22 PM

[quote] [R30] you claiming that doesn’t change reality. Moulin Rouge and The Others were both successful and carried on her name.

“Moulin Rouge” made $57 million.

“The Others” made $96 million.

Neither could even crack the $100 million mark. Hardly box-office burners. And the latter was almost a quarter-century ago.

She’s box-office poison. Which is why she’s on TV so much.

Cold, metallic, mechanical and unlikable. People don’t want to pay money to see that. But maybe they’ll give it a look if nothing else is on TV.

Hollywood is very grateful you don’t work in their accounting department, R43. But Nicole says thanks.

by Anonymousreply 45October 4, 2024 3:54 PM

The Others made $210 million worldwide on a $10 million budget + $7 million marketing. It was a low budget film that didn’t have heavy marketing and opened to $14 million. With that opening weekend it should have made a total of $50-$60 million domestically but was a sleeper hit, slowly crawling its way to $96 million domestically due to word of mouth. It made over $100 million overseas. It was a SUCCESS.

Moulin Rouge was a lesser hit but still made $179 million worldwide.

Stop discussing what you don’t know. You don’t even have any higher education yet you’re always running your mouth like you know shit, even to people who studied filmmaking etc. you weren’t even alive when this came out.

by Anonymousreply 46October 4, 2024 4:12 PM

According to wikipedia, "The Others" actually made $210 million, and it only cost $17 million to make. If you adjust 2001 dollars for today's, that's quite an enormous profit.

btw, a tip: Try not to overexaggerate when you argue, and you'll likely be more convincing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47October 4, 2024 4:31 PM

R46 has COOKED R45.

She done.

by Anonymousreply 48October 4, 2024 5:26 PM

Nicole was a celebrity due to her marriage. She was never a bankable actress. She desperately wanted to be a Julia Roberts-level star but never possessed the warmth, charisma and charm Julia did onscreen (offscreen she’s a cunt). That’s why she was never in a romantic comedy during that heyday in the 90s; no one could buy her in a fun, charming, loving role. Meg Ryan had far more box-office success than Nicole.

People would line up for Julia Roberts movies. No one has ever lined up for a Nicole Kidman-led movie. Ever. Despite the demented stanning and delusions of the Nicole Troll, she’s always been bad news at the box office. Her biggest “hits” are small supporting roles in superhero films that could be excised and no one would even notice.

She’s most effective in villain roles like in “Malice” where she played a manipulative, murderous, sociopathic bitch. She makes that look easy. She is a calculating and almost sinister performer. There’s nothing authentic about her (especially her face). Every time she smiles it looks like she just poisoned your drink. Movie stars are beloved and there’s nothing lovable about her. Hence, her decades-long string of turkeys that would make Butterball envious.

She’s now entered her Barbara Stanwyck/“Big Valley” stage of her career, where she’s found her place on television. And she will apparently star in anything and everything.

As far as film, she once again has to rip her clothes off like the narcissist she is to get any media attention. And, like the majority of her other films, this one will flop as well.

by Anonymousreply 49October 4, 2024 5:34 PM

R48 = R46.

More pathetic than W & W-ing your own post.

This is what happens when you don’t have friends.

by Anonymousreply 50October 4, 2024 5:38 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!