Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Frank Fritz is DEAD to me

Another in the continuing obituary posts the last few days. The show always satisfied my itch to go through other peoples possessions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38October 4, 2024 6:08 PM

Murder? Parachute didn't open? Shark? - or all 3?

by Anonymousreply 1October 1, 2024 3:23 PM

Murdoch NY Post links give clickdollars and SEO to people who hate gays.

by Anonymousreply 2October 1, 2024 3:23 PM

Why are so many stars dying?

by Anonymousreply 3October 1, 2024 3:25 PM

He was a good foil for Mike Wolfe. The show sucked after he left.

by Anonymousreply 4October 1, 2024 4:19 PM

Mike Wolfe had a bad reputation with dealers - snatching up bargains on vague promises of air time.

by Anonymousreply 5October 1, 2024 4:26 PM

Sad. Mike Wolfe seems like a dick. Frank was the only reason I liked the show.

by Anonymousreply 6October 1, 2024 5:16 PM

Frank was the more patient of the two.

by Anonymousreply 7October 1, 2024 5:27 PM

I loved Frank in the early episodes. He was a cute cuddly teddy bear. In later shows, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 8October 1, 2024 5:51 PM

He went to the great honey hole in the sky.

by Anonymousreply 9October 1, 2024 5:58 PM

R6 - 100% agree. Mike Wolfe always seemed like an absolute prick ON CAMERA. He always annoyed me and seemed like he was scammy and untrustworthy.

by Anonymousreply 10October 1, 2024 6:03 PM

Didn't Wolfe leave his wife for a bimbo?

by Anonymousreply 11October 1, 2024 6:05 PM

He was the authentic one that I really liked. He seemed like a good guy.

by Anonymousreply 12October 1, 2024 7:51 PM

R3 he’s not or was not a star. A former television personality who went picking on cable tv for several years then left the show. Not a star

by Anonymousreply 13October 1, 2024 8:22 PM

The whole show was pretty much a farce, the store was not a joint venture between Mike and Frank, it was Mike's store and Frank had his own store. It was Mike's show though it was Mike who brought on Frank as a side kick.

by Anonymousreply 14October 1, 2024 8:30 PM

He looked so healthy...

by Anonymousreply 15October 1, 2024 10:01 PM

If you like that sort of thing, this guy buys the contents of abandoned storage units.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16October 1, 2024 10:21 PM

Yes, R11.

by Anonymousreply 17October 1, 2024 11:29 PM

Did his heart go on the fritz?

by Anonymousreply 18October 2, 2024 1:07 AM

He looked like a sweet teddy bear.

by Anonymousreply 19October 2, 2024 5:44 AM

Cause of death?

by Anonymousreply 20October 2, 2024 6:00 AM

One of the reports alluded to addiction issues. I don't recall where I saw that.

by Anonymousreply 21October 2, 2024 3:32 PM

I found one of the links.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22October 2, 2024 3:49 PM

He was 58, not 60.

by Anonymousreply 23October 2, 2024 3:51 PM

He had a stroke two years ago and was in a wheelchair. Supposedly the "alcohol issues" story came from Danielle who seems to have been angry at Frank when she started throwing that shade. He also had Crohn's.

by Anonymousreply 24October 2, 2024 5:17 PM

Supposedly he had a stroke, but although he did get somewhat better, he was still somewhat not mobile, and definitely not enough to return to go back to traveling and picking.

by Anonymousreply 25October 2, 2024 6:57 PM

[quote]...the star's longtime friend, Chris Davis, filed for an emergency conservatorship shortly before he was scheduled to be released from the nursing facility..... decision making capacity was reportedly 'so impaired' that the legal papers allegedly requested another friend, who has been the star's career since the stroke, be names as his guardian with the bank to help handle his financial affairs."

Was Frank gay? Did he have a "longtime companion?" I always wondered. Is the 2nd friend named guardian, referring to Mike Wolfe?

by Anonymousreply 26October 2, 2024 7:15 PM

Are junk shows still a thing?

by Anonymousreply 27October 2, 2024 7:18 PM

Sorry to hear this. I loved that show, and it was never the same after he left.

May he RIP.

by Anonymousreply 28October 2, 2024 7:24 PM

Junk man

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29October 2, 2024 7:38 PM

[quote] another friend, who has been the star's career since the stroke.

Wha?

by Anonymousreply 30October 2, 2024 8:08 PM

I started watching American Pickers when I was in the hospital for bypass surgery since there were limited options available on the cable channels I had access to. It was an semi amusing diversion, although I was always spotting all the staged settings and contrived narrative on the the rarer items, like they were both super knowledgeable on the history of everything they came across.

by Anonymousreply 31October 3, 2024 12:27 AM

Can people with Crohn's remain as heavy as he looks in the OP?

by Anonymousreply 32October 3, 2024 12:32 AM

One of my friends "up Home" has had Crohn's since her late teens (the 70s), and she's always been what you might call "pleasingly plump." But they found a medication that works for her early on and she's never had any serious problems with the weight or the Crohn's.

Fun fact: you want to know what medication's worked for her all these years? She was prescribed tincture of opium. And yes, this is in the US. She puts a drop of brown liquid in a glass of water and drinks it down.

After all, opiates do cause constipation.

by Anonymousreply 33October 3, 2024 1:00 AM

I also watched Backroad Bounty...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34October 3, 2024 3:09 AM

[QUOTE]reply 33

That's so scary concoction for alleged, Xtians.

by Anonymousreply 35October 3, 2024 5:47 AM

Fritz talked about Chrons disease on the show. It's one of those things that often can be managed but often can't--probably more than one disease. Peragoric is the opium derivative that has been used to treat it.

by Anonymousreply 36October 3, 2024 12:38 PM

Don't forget Auction Kings...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37October 3, 2024 7:57 PM

And Cash and Cari!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38October 4, 2024 6:08 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!