Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Breakfast cereal

Cinnamon Toast Crunch is the best cereal of all time. Those little Cinnamon Toast Crunchies were Chex Mix until they got high on cinnamon goodness.🤪

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58October 3, 2024 10:21 PM

Agreed but gets too soggy

by Anonymousreply 1October 1, 2024 8:39 AM

You want beef?

by Anonymousreply 2October 1, 2024 8:52 AM

I'll see your Cinnamon Toast Crunch and raise you CinnaGraham Toast Crunch.

I swear they sneak fentanyl in there. No cereal has any right to be that tasty and addictive.

by Anonymousreply 3October 1, 2024 9:22 AM

Cinnamon is vile.

by Anonymousreply 4October 1, 2024 10:10 AM

Nothing beats cocoa puffs.

by Anonymousreply 5October 1, 2024 10:21 AM

I used to occasionally eat cereal as a dessert. I stopped because it was far too sweet.

by Anonymousreply 6October 1, 2024 10:28 AM

Sweet cereals are for those with baby tastes.

by Anonymousreply 7October 1, 2024 10:41 AM

I like Raisin Bran!

by Anonymousreply 8October 1, 2024 10:43 AM

FASCINATING

by Anonymousreply 9October 1, 2024 10:53 AM

R9 Glad you bumped the thread!

by Anonymousreply 10October 1, 2024 10:57 AM

The one I used to eat for dessert was Just Right, r7. They're all too sweet.

by Anonymousreply 11October 1, 2024 11:40 AM

Grape Nuts from Post

by Anonymousreply 12October 1, 2024 11:49 AM

honey grahams, trix, and plain captain crunch are the best

by Anonymousreply 13October 1, 2024 12:32 PM

OP, I like the Mom

by Anonymousreply 14October 1, 2024 12:39 PM

OP, I like the Mom's Best version- not as sweet!

by Anonymousreply 15October 1, 2024 12:40 PM

OP- No, it isn't.

The BEST junky cereal is Lucky Charms the magic oat cereal with sweet gay surprises

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16October 1, 2024 12:51 PM

95% of US breakfast cereals are basically either dessert or hyper processed garbage.

by Anonymousreply 17October 1, 2024 1:01 PM

Has anyone tried Magic Spoon, the low carb, low sugar cereal?

by Anonymousreply 18October 1, 2024 1:59 PM

Trader Joe's version(Joe's O's) of Cheerios is a fave, as is Wheat Chex. Haven't had Mini Shredded Wheat(plain) in awhile, perhaps I'll pick up a box on my next shopping trip.

I like fresh fruit with my cereals; bananas or raspberries with Wheat Chex; blueberries or strawberries with Cheerios.

Never cared for the sugar-y, marshmallow-y types, not even as a kid.

by Anonymousreply 19October 1, 2024 2:10 PM

I used to like Special K Red Berry (with the dried strawberries). I got a box recently and it was terrible. Too sweet, and the flake texture was peculiar. And the strawberries were chewy.

by Anonymousreply 20October 1, 2024 2:23 PM

As a kid, I was positively addicted to Capt'n Crunch's Peanut Butter Cereal! As an adult, however, my everyday cereal (which I usually eat for lunch) is Great Grains with raisins, dates, and pecans.

Gotta keep things movin'.

by Anonymousreply 21October 1, 2024 2:32 PM

Agree about Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I used to eat it all the time in college. The dining hall always made it available.

Cookie Crisp is so unhealthy but so good. It's almost literally cookies in milk.

When I was younger, I was obsessed with Cocoa Pebbles. Fruity Pebbles didn't taste as good.

by Anonymousreply 22October 1, 2024 3:21 PM

Applejacks, even as a dry snack for something to crunch on while getting a major sugar rush. Loved those!

by Anonymousreply 23October 1, 2024 4:06 PM

I know this sounds insane but I ate so much Lucky Charms cereal as a child my shit often came out in the shapes of shamrocks, horse shoes and balloons.

by Anonymousreply 24October 1, 2024 4:13 PM

My favorite all-time cereal was Kellogg's Double Dip Crunch, which was basically honey nut frosted Crispix. They quit making it years ago, but those who loved it are still pining for it today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25October 1, 2024 4:15 PM

Magic Spoon is awful. It's reverse kombucha girl meme. The aftertaste is so disgusting-- and I drink Diet Coke all the time.

by Anonymousreply 26October 1, 2024 4:38 PM

Really r26? I see several YouTube vloggers who are sponsored by the company that makes this. Just curious.

by Anonymousreply 27October 1, 2024 4:53 PM

Is there some reason you use this stupid emoji on every comment OP?

by Anonymousreply 28October 1, 2024 4:58 PM

I usually hate overly sweet stuff but I love me some Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Childhood staple. And this is coming from a child who wouldn’t eat pancakes.

by Anonymousreply 29October 1, 2024 5:06 PM

r28 She probably does it to spite you.

Is there some reason you came into a post with a title that bothered you?

by Anonymousreply 30October 1, 2024 5:10 PM

R8 - I like Raisin Bran too - but I like Raisin Bran crunch much better.

I hate soggy cereal flakes of any kind. The texture is just blech, and you have only a couple of minutes before those flakes turn into absolute disgusting mush.

It always felt like a race when I was younger to eat the bowl before the sogginess would set in. You can take your time with Raisin Bran Crunch.

by Anonymousreply 31October 1, 2024 5:15 PM

I adored Quaker Oat Squares. It’s now hard to find in the US

by Anonymousreply 32October 1, 2024 5:17 PM

Cap’n Crunch cut the roof of my mouth. Hated that as a kid.

by Anonymousreply 33October 1, 2024 5:33 PM

I'm going to try this recipe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34October 1, 2024 6:42 PM

Breakfast cereal. A thread about FUCKING BREAKFAST CEREAL.

by Anonymousreply 35October 1, 2024 7:07 PM

I think it's the teacup creature R35.

by Anonymousreply 36October 1, 2024 7:48 PM

Cereal awakens the hunger monster in me.

by Anonymousreply 37October 1, 2024 7:50 PM

R36 Nope didn’t make this thread. Should I just make a daily thread of all the threads I’ve created. People stay checking for me. I’m a like a B list celeb on here.

by Anonymousreply 38October 1, 2024 7:56 PM

Kellogs has ruined every one of their cereals that I used to like - Grape Nut Flakes, Special K, and Bran Flakes. Now they all consist of big tough flakes with teeny tiny little hard unchewable pieces in them.

by Anonymousreply 39October 1, 2024 7:58 PM

Why would anyone want to eat that crap?

"Cinnamon Toast Crunch Ingredients: Whole Grain Wheat, Sugar, Rice Flour, Canola and/or Sunflower Oil, Fructose, Maltodextrin, Dextrose, Salt, Cinnamon, Trisodium Phosphate, Soy Lecithin, Caramel Color, Rosemary Extract. BHT Added to Preserve Freshness. Vitamins and Minerals: Calcium Carbonate, Vitamin C (sodium ascorbate), Iron and Zinc (mineral nutrients), A B Vitamin (niacinamide), Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine hydrochloride), Vitamin B1 (thiamin mononitrate), Vitamin A (palmitate), Vitamin B2 (riboflavin), A B Vitamin (folic acid), Vitamin B12, Vitamin D3."

Note: Sugar, Fructose, Maltodextrin, Dextrose are all sugar. Put them all together and they'd probably wind up having to be listed first on the ingredient list.

You don't have to be a food snob to realize this shit is not good for you.

by Anonymousreply 40October 1, 2024 8:05 PM

^ BTW: BHT is banned in food in the European Union.

by Anonymousreply 41October 1, 2024 8:08 PM

Back in the late 1970s my chemistry told me about the known cancer causing dangers of BHA, BHT, nitrites and nitrates, and the various dyes in our foods. Europe took the science seriously and put health of human beings over profits.

by Anonymousreply 42October 1, 2024 8:16 PM

I liked cold cereal as a kid but I was required to drink too much milk all together then. 3 glasses a day (at every meal) and also in cereal. As an adult, I don't really like milk so I don't eat cereal. I don't really like hot cereal either. Too mushy.

by Anonymousreply 43October 1, 2024 8:21 PM

r35 And here you are, bumping the thread. Which threads have you created?

by Anonymousreply 44October 1, 2024 8:49 PM

I put it inside my girlfriend‘s pussy and call it cinnamon toast gunch.

by Anonymousreply 45October 1, 2024 8:54 PM

Hi Anne Murray r46

by Anonymousreply 46October 1, 2024 9:26 PM

R42 It will be interesting to know if they have lower rates of cancer.

by Anonymousreply 47October 2, 2024 1:02 AM

I'm not sure about the cancer rates, but most European countries in general have longer life expectancy than Americans.

by Anonymousreply 48October 2, 2024 1:31 AM

r38 "I’m a like a"

I'm a like a?

by Anonymousreply 49October 2, 2024 1:34 AM

r48 Great link for proof

by Anonymousreply 50October 2, 2024 1:34 AM

US ranks 48th in countries with the longest life expectancy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51October 2, 2024 1:40 AM

They live longer than us in Bahrain? Fucking Bahrain. Lawd.

by Anonymousreply 52October 2, 2024 1:44 AM

23 European countries living longer than the US. A combination of better food, better health care and better life style, probably in that order.

by Anonymousreply 53October 2, 2024 1:48 AM

I like Kix,Cheerios and Frosted Mini Wheats. I don’t buy cereal because it’s too easy to eat when bingeing on pot munchies. Actually all of them are like eating cookies with milk now. That surely was their plan.

by Anonymousreply 54October 2, 2024 2:59 AM

Cherrios.

by Anonymousreply 55October 2, 2024 3:22 AM

Anyone recall Fruit & Fibre (Fiber)? Wheat flakes with coconut, almonds, apricots and maybe raisins. I have vague yet pleasant memories of that in elementary school in the '80s. Apparently it's sold in the U.K. market now.

by Anonymousreply 56October 2, 2024 3:50 AM

I can eat 3/4 of a box in one sitting, so I don’t even bring it into my house. Special K is my favorite, with oat milk or almond milk. I bought several boxes of Magic Spoon a few years ago and it was awful. Now I see it in stores, but at the time it was available online only. Ended up throwing it out.

by Anonymousreply 57October 2, 2024 4:26 AM

Count Chocula

by Anonymousreply 58October 3, 2024 10:21 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!