Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Democratic Party has dropped the LGBTQ Community like a hot potato

And who can blame them? Democracy is on the line.

In the previous election cycle, the LGBTQ community, and particularly the gender people, were a major focus. Even VP Kamala used to announce her she/her pronouns when she introduced herself. I just kind of realized recently that this election cycle, there is no mention whatsoever of the LGBTQ community, and there is definitely no mention of trans people, nonbinary people, or pronouns

I’m assuming that after the backlash last year, they finally realized they need to stay away from that topic if they want to win the swing states. As a gay man, I’m perfectly happy for them not to mention us at all, if it means that they can win. Although the gender people aren’t really “us.”

by Anonymousreply 44October 2, 2024 12:55 AM

[quote] and there is definitely no mention of trans people, nonbinary people, or pronouns

Because they want to win.

by Anonymousreply 1October 1, 2024 3:57 AM

OK, Boris.

by Anonymousreply 2October 1, 2024 4:01 AM

Biden literally just did an interview for The Washington Blade the other week, the first sitting president to do so.

by Anonymousreply 3October 1, 2024 4:01 AM

Just the crazy T's and + folk.

by Anonymousreply 4October 1, 2024 4:02 AM

Harris and Walz reference gay marriage in rally speeches all the time. The "right to love who we love" lines and pro-choice lines usually receive the loudest cheers.

by Anonymousreply 5October 1, 2024 4:06 AM

Low-effort trolling. And for what? Because that'll convince us to run in the protective arms of Trump/GOP. Ha!

by Anonymousreply 6October 1, 2024 4:07 AM

OP is trying hard but no, Boris, we ain't taking the bait.

by Anonymousreply 7October 1, 2024 4:16 AM

The Dems are totally about women and blacks for this election. The rest can come along if they want.

by Anonymousreply 8October 1, 2024 4:56 AM

I told you that they were going to do that!! No one wants to hear about the "B T and Q"s"

Gay Marriage is on the line, they will defend that. Trans rights???? I don't think so!!

Abortion & Womens Health& birth control, its all that matters.

by Anonymousreply 9October 1, 2024 5:00 AM

R5 ripped the potato right out from OP’s hand like it was French-fried and slathered with ketchup.

by Anonymousreply 10October 1, 2024 5:02 AM

To R10, Now I want French fries with ketchup.

by Anonymousreply 11October 1, 2024 5:07 AM

Is this the day people finally realize parties and politicians only say what their audiences want to hear? Long story short, if a political topic is trendy, they will use it as their motto and paste it all over town. Once either of them have won, crickets!

by Anonymousreply 12October 1, 2024 5:12 AM

r5 is correct. That's why Harris and Walz have a big lead with LGBT voters. See link.

Harris was marrying gay couples in CA decades ago, Tim Walz helped protect gay kids from bullying back in the 90s. They are our allies, trying to present them as uncaring towards us is stupid, especially when the alternative is Project 2025 and the courts filled with Federalist society assholes. JD Vance is doing events with FAR right, homophobic pastors. Wake up, people

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 1, 2024 5:22 AM

they're not dropping anything. i would like to see the democrats move past the era of parading around minorities and clapping for themselves. it's clear what the policy agenda is.

by Anonymousreply 14October 1, 2024 5:27 AM

Actions speak louder than words. I trust Harris with gay rights and advancement. Her (and Biden’s) deeds matter more than any cheerleading ever will.

by Anonymousreply 15October 1, 2024 5:30 AM

OP is just trolling up a storm all over Datalounge.

Here are some of the other threads he's started:

[quote]Responsible people vote. I’ve voted in every election since I was 18. People even more responsible than me get involved and help out the democratic campaigns. Furthermore, people are right to be worried about another Trump presidency. We all are.

[quote]But there’s a limit. I have a few Facebook friends making 5-10 posts a day ranting about how much they hate Trump. And I just visited my mother this past week. She spends about 6-8 hours a day watching MSNBC and the rest of the day complaining about Trump and repeating all the latest scandals reported.

[quote]At one point when I couldn’t take it anymore, I finally went off on my mother and said “do you realize that you are sucking all the joy out of your life by thinking about politics all day?” She just responding by saying how worried she is about the country and she said it with his tone of voice as if she’s morally superior to everyone else because she worries more.

[quote]Aside from voting, and maybe getting involved in the campaign, there’s really not much you can do. And why would you want to let someone like Trump take up that much space in your head?

by Anonymousreply 16October 1, 2024 5:33 AM

Oh, here's another one from OP, who claims to care so much about LGBTQ rights:

[quote]Have you ever known a “transitioning” gay?

[quote]I don’t mean transgender. I mean a gay man who starts out like just a regular guy but then gradually becomes more effeminate and girlie. I have this coworker, and he’s always been open about being gay. But in the last couple of years it’s like he dialed it up to ten. He gradually started wearing more effeminate clothing, then added earrings, then added a ponytail.

[quote]I’ve known a few guys like this in my life and I always wondered if this is who they really are and are just becoming more comfortable with it, or if it’s because they feel pressured by certain cliques be a “real gay” by turning up the stereotypes. I will say that the overwhelming majority of gay men I know are just regular guys who continue to be regular guys.

by Anonymousreply 17October 1, 2024 5:36 AM

R5/R10/R13 Thank you for the notes. FYI, gay marriage and protecting gay youth are not “LGBTQ issues.” Those are gay issues. “LGBTQ” in practical terms refers to trans/nonbinary/queer, which the general public is sick to death of. As gay men, we know that the Democratic party isn’t going to kick us to the curb because we’re the good ones.

by Anonymousreply 18October 1, 2024 5:36 AM

R16/R17 get a life!

by Anonymousreply 19October 1, 2024 5:37 AM

[quote]OK, Boris.

That isn’t tiresome at all.

by Anonymousreply 20October 1, 2024 5:38 AM

We are not dropped, but thankful we are not in the cross hairs. Leave us alone, we have Democrats to get elected.

by Anonymousreply 21October 1, 2024 5:45 AM

OP, get a blog n

by Anonymousreply 22October 1, 2024 5:48 AM

OP, you're trolling and now you're blaming the people calling out your trolling.

by Anonymousreply 23October 1, 2024 5:51 AM

[quote]Kamala used to announce her she/her pronouns when she introduced herself.

OP, please. I don't think the vice-president--soon-to-be president--has to announce or write down her pronouns.

I think that stuff is annoying bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 24October 1, 2024 5:58 AM

This democracy that is at stake seems to be narrowing. In the end it will be just democracy for the Wall street and military industrial complex.

by Anonymousreply 25October 1, 2024 6:04 AM

LITERAL GENOCIDE!

by Anonymousreply 26October 1, 2024 6:47 AM

Who the fuck still says hot potato. Boy bye. It’s prolly defacto.

by Anonymousreply 27October 1, 2024 7:28 AM

Boris is real.

by Anonymousreply 28October 1, 2024 6:58 PM

Clearly you didn't watch the DNC, in which LGBTQ+ rights was mentioned roughly every 20 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 29October 1, 2024 8:06 PM

Trans fell out of vogue last October when Palestinians replaced them as oppressed group du jour.

by Anonymousreply 30October 1, 2024 8:17 PM

R30 And as we all know, the group appointed as “most oppressed” has to suffer as a result of causing their own problems. Trans people keep getting involved in criminal grift and/or back alley prostitution. Palestinians keep electing terrorists and wanting to fight instead of finding peace.

by Anonymousreply 31October 1, 2024 8:21 PM

Another Trumptard thread by a retarded quisling. Quelle surprise.

by Anonymousreply 32October 1, 2024 8:24 PM

[quote]Palestinians replaced them as oppressed group du jour.

Oppressed groups are not ranked by Democrats, only added, then they prove themselves worthy. Trans folk get all the associated LBGT+ cred.

by Anonymousreply 33October 1, 2024 8:38 PM

R33 In other words, the trannies stole the gay community from the gays.

by Anonymousreply 34October 1, 2024 8:40 PM

No, not really, only that sometimes the individual letters are attacked more than the entire community.

We are all citizens.

by Anonymousreply 35October 1, 2024 8:54 PM

R35 I think most people would agree that everyone deserves their rights. At the same time, you cannot possibly put gay people on the same level as people who want to mutate their genitals. That’s just bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 36October 1, 2024 8:57 PM

*mutilate

by Anonymousreply 37October 1, 2024 8:58 PM

r3 He "literally" did?

by Anonymousreply 38October 1, 2024 8:59 PM

R10 You tried so hard

by Anonymousreply 39October 1, 2024 9:17 PM

r36, I do not care as long as they are not MY genitals.

by Anonymousreply 40October 1, 2024 10:08 PM

Where are all these trans people? I never see them in my daily life.

by Anonymousreply 41October 1, 2024 10:51 PM

[quote]Where are all these trans people? I never see them in my daily life.

253,764 of them were murdered just in the last hour.

by Anonymousreply 42October 2, 2024 12:49 AM

No, the Democrats have NOT dropped the LGBT community.

They've simply stopped yammering on and on parroting the unhinged fringe agenda talking points.

by Anonymousreply 43October 2, 2024 12:51 AM

R42 I have two of them in my basement on meat hooks.

by Anonymousreply 44October 2, 2024 12:55 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!