Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Did anyone else find it sad when they separated the Menendez brothers?

While I do understand their reasoning for keeping them separate, it was still so sad to me that they did that. After all this they don’t even have each other in the end? They were already gonna be locked up for life, feels kinda fucked up to keep them apart for what was supposed to be for good but turned out to be for 20+ years.

This series was well done. The criticisms seem ridiculous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82October 2, 2024 8:27 PM

I think it was sad when they viciously murdered their parents.

by Anonymousreply 1September 30, 2024 9:50 PM

OP = Ryan Murphy!

by Anonymousreply 2September 30, 2024 9:52 PM

Did the use a crow bar to separate them?

by Anonymousreply 3September 30, 2024 9:52 PM

They had to be separated; they were too powerful when they were conjoined.

by Anonymousreply 4September 30, 2024 9:52 PM

[quote] This series was well done. The criticisms seem ridiculous.

This was because Ryan Murphy portrayed his own sick fantasy onto the show and only made them incestous gays because their father molested them.

by Anonymousreply 5September 30, 2024 9:55 PM

I haven't watched this yet, but in the other movie I watched (the one with Courtney Love), that separation scene did make me teary.

by Anonymousreply 6September 30, 2024 9:57 PM

r1 They deserved it

by Anonymousreply 7September 30, 2024 10:01 PM

That scene made me very sad too, OP. I couldn't help but think how they wasted their lives, and were destined for a future filled with loneliness and regret. I also felt bad for their parents, even if they did do what was alleged by the boys. One disgusting deed doesn't make another right.

I thought the series was well done too. Of course it wasn't 100% accurate. It was a dramatization. Murphy is loathed on DL, so of course this was going to get ripped to shreds. Koch, Ari Graynor, Bardem and Grossman's performances stuck out to me the most. Of course I can't forget Vicki Lawrence as the over the top frau juror either! It was nice to see Enrique Murciano as Jose's brother- he's still sexy (as is Bardem).

For as dark as the subject matter is, there was some campy fun thrown in the story.

by Anonymousreply 8September 30, 2024 10:21 PM

Utterly ridiculous —it didn’t happen that way …pulled up side by side for a last look😵‍💫

by Anonymousreply 9September 30, 2024 10:27 PM

R5 that’s actually false. Those rumors were really going around back during the trial and someone who knew Kitty claimed that Kitty told her she walked in on the boys (now legal age) showering together. He didn’t just add it in like Gen Z dumbasses are claiming.

by Anonymousreply 10September 30, 2024 10:32 PM

r10 "someone who knew Kitty claimed that Kitty told her she walked in on the boys"

Oh, well that sounds like a solid source. Any proof? Since you like your version better?

by Anonymousreply 11September 30, 2024 10:37 PM

[quote] Those rumors were really going around back during the trial and someone who knew Kitty claimed that Kitty told her she walked in on the boys (now legal age) showering together.

Translation: they were only rumors and a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of Kitty's said so.

The prosecutor also tried to dismiss their molesting allegations and accused them of killing their parents just to inherit their estate, all based on rumors. Rumors are called rumors for a reason. Otherwise they're called "evidence," which there wasn't any concrete one for this accusation.

by Anonymousreply 12September 30, 2024 10:43 PM

IMO, it's incredible that they are still close and didn't blame each other for what happened. I think Erik could have blamed Lyle and maybe got a manslaughter conviction. Erik was more sympathetic. If he had give the green light for that defense, I'm sure his defense attorney would have argued that vociferously.

I'm not that close to all of my siblings and it's sad. So, I think they're lucky that they even still have each other.

by Anonymousreply 13September 30, 2024 10:50 PM

There is an extremely creepy vibe developing about these two pigs on the datalounge thanks to the new Murphy series.

by Anonymousreply 14September 30, 2024 10:52 PM

They were going to prison, not summer camp, Dear.

by Anonymousreply 15September 30, 2024 10:53 PM

r14 The parents, you mean?

by Anonymousreply 16September 30, 2024 10:54 PM

R13 I don’t think that would have worked. They both killed the parents. Erik took the first few shots and he’s the one who went back outside to the car, reloaded his gun, then came back inside and shot them some more.

by Anonymousreply 17September 30, 2024 10:56 PM

[quote]This series was well done. The criticisms seem ridiculous.

No, they weren't. The through-line in all of Murphy's product is schlock. For this one he added some inferred incest.

by Anonymousreply 18September 30, 2024 10:57 PM

R12 that’s what I said. They were RUMORS at the time. I never said it was evidence. And the show doesn’t show it as evidence. Are you sure you watched the show? The show shows us the same situations from numerous point of views based on what different people were saying. When we see them showering together, it isn’t shows as actually happening. It’s shown as a fast clip as Dominick Dunne explains the rumor going around. Murphy never said it did happen. He was simply stating the rumors floating around because NO ONE besides them knows what really happened in that house.

Killing them for their money wasn’t “rumors”.

by Anonymousreply 19September 30, 2024 10:59 PM

[quote]Did anyone else find it sad when they separated the Menendez brothers?

No, but someone clearly did and felt that not letting them see each other was somehow a step too far.

[quote]Lyle was taken to Mule Creek State Prison while Erik moved around from Folsom State Prison to Pleasant Valley State Prison. They reunited in 2018 when they were moved into the same housing unit at Richard J. Donovan Correctional Facility.

by Anonymousreply 20September 30, 2024 11:02 PM

R19 A verdict is made on evidence, not rumors. On the other hand, the shower scene wasn't the only scene that tried to interpret their relationship as incestous. Throughout the show, they were hints and portrayals of them actually being more than brothers. Not to mention, they made both of them gay. We can see it during the prison shower scene with Erik and when Lyle kisses Erik after killing their parents.

by Anonymousreply 21September 30, 2024 11:05 PM

Ryan Murphy did a tremendous job with this series and handling telling the story of this family and this case.

Murphy used The Rashomon Effect for this series, typically a method in films.

The Rashomon Effect is a storytelling and writing method in cinema in which an event is given contradictory interpretations or descriptions by the individuals in the story. Most films or documentaries about this case either use the angle that the brothers are the villains or use the angle they’re the victims, he did both and neither at the same time. He used The Rashomon Effect to show the perspective of numerous individuals and show how contradictory everything was based on what different people were saying.

If you don’t understand storytelling, that is fine, but don’t get angry at the people who know how to do it. Gen Z has the be the stupidest group of people ever.

by Anonymousreply 22September 30, 2024 11:08 PM

R21 copy and paste where I claimed the incest had anything to do with the verdict. Let me see this…

by Anonymousreply 23September 30, 2024 11:09 PM

Please point out where I said that you came up with that, R23. We're talking about Murphy, not you. Right back at you.

by Anonymousreply 24September 30, 2024 11:12 PM

Rashomon effect? So: Lyle remembers that he fucked his brother and Erik remembered no such thing?

by Anonymousreply 25September 30, 2024 11:17 PM

R25 WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT????? Did you see the actual footage of the real case? Lyle admits to molesting his brother in the real case. Erik was sobbing. Stfu. You were born in 2005. Learn your place.

by Anonymousreply 26September 30, 2024 11:19 PM

R25 what does the method of writing Murphy used have to do with that one specific thing? Lyle admitted to molesting his brother when he was little.

by Anonymousreply 27September 30, 2024 11:21 PM

For those of you who don’t know what the method used on this series is. Here. Murphy did a great job.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28September 30, 2024 11:23 PM

r28 Seriously, calm down, sweetie.

by Anonymousreply 29September 30, 2024 11:37 PM

OMG NO WAY - THE Rashomon effect?! Holy shit.

by Anonymousreply 30September 30, 2024 11:37 PM

My IQ dropped 15 points in the course of reading this thread.

by Anonymousreply 31September 30, 2024 11:39 PM

About their burglaries.

I love how the internet is trying to paint them as good quiet young men who did no wrong when the truth is they were fuck ups, lazy and greedy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32September 30, 2024 11:39 PM

r32 "the internet is trying to paint them as good quiet young men who did no wrong"

I don't think anyone's going that far?

by Anonymousreply 33September 30, 2024 11:41 PM

R25

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34September 30, 2024 11:59 PM

I started to bawl, which started the whole world bawling.

by Anonymousreply 35October 1, 2024 12:02 AM

As pure entertainment this was spectacular. I looked forward to watching an episode or 2 each night. I watched the final 3 episodes tonight. The final episode, where their 2nd trial just goes down hill fast, was weird to watch, as I was questioning if ihad been duped by them? Im sure enough bad stuff happened to make them both want to off the folks. I also think I would have been concerned about Lyle if hed gotten out and had all that money...im pretty sure that wouldnt have ended well.

by Anonymousreply 36October 1, 2024 12:13 AM

Is Murphy's PR team on this thread? Yikes!

by Anonymousreply 37October 1, 2024 12:32 AM

I'm so happy your priorities are in order, OP.

No one deserves your more sympathy than they do.

by Anonymousreply 38October 1, 2024 12:39 AM

r38 Meh, fail. It's a thread about this series, specifically, on a gossip site.

by Anonymousreply 39October 1, 2024 12:41 AM

Someone upthread said that them killing their parents for their money was just rumors.

Actually, no. The brothers behavior after they killed their parents is what made the investigators and police believe that was the motive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40October 1, 2024 12:42 AM

Just me, or is the DL out-cunting itself today on numerous threads, including this one?

by Anonymousreply 41October 1, 2024 12:51 AM

r40 Which post said that the money part was just a rumor? I missed that one - not being snarky, for real.

by Anonymousreply 42October 1, 2024 12:53 AM

r41 Thanks for making me laugh - you're right!

by Anonymousreply 43October 1, 2024 12:53 AM

R42 see r12

by Anonymousreply 44October 1, 2024 12:57 AM

I have read that they are now in the same prison and in the same unit in that prison.

It was sad in the series when they were separated. That's one of Murphy's gifts: they're monsters and yet you end up caring for them against your better judgment.

Vicki Lawrence was so well made up that I did not even recognize her. She nailed the part.

by Anonymousreply 45October 1, 2024 1:03 AM

R45 that’s how it really happened. The brothers were woken up at 3am and brought to the vehicles. They weren’t told where they were going at first. They were put in separate vehicles and didn’t get to speak but saw each other for seconds before entering the vehicles. Erik asked where he was going and they told him Folsom. He assumed they were both going there but his brothers car went a different direction and that’s when he was told they would be at different prisons.

by Anonymousreply 46October 1, 2024 1:15 AM

R46 I realize that they were separated in the series and in real life, but after many decades they are both now in the Richard J. Donovan Correctional Facility in San Diego.

by Anonymousreply 47October 1, 2024 2:11 AM

The case as a whole is sad.

by Anonymousreply 48October 1, 2024 1:21 PM

They really should have considered other options to cut off contact with their parents, but they wanted the money, too.

by Anonymousreply 49October 1, 2024 1:40 PM

No. No, I did not.

by Anonymousreply 50October 1, 2024 2:45 PM

Nicholas is so babygirl OMG

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51October 1, 2024 3:19 PM

It is a little sad, they have no idea when they'll see each other next. They were separated over 20 years. This was harder!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52October 1, 2024 3:40 PM

JFC, you nuts are obsessed. They're never going to fuck you, even if they were released today.

by Anonymousreply 53October 1, 2024 3:48 PM

No because I’m a normal person

by Anonymousreply 54October 1, 2024 3:50 PM

R53 no one is asking them to. I actually have never found them attractive

by Anonymousreply 55October 1, 2024 4:02 PM

r53 You bumped this thread by contributing to it. Did you notice the title? Do you remember you're on a gossip site? Feel free to create a thread on the pathos of spoiled rich kids.

If this discussion repulses you, why'd you join in?

by Anonymousreply 56October 1, 2024 4:57 PM

The boys are back together as of 2018. The miniseries was a mixed bag but I did think the ending when they were separated was moving.

by Anonymousreply 57October 1, 2024 5:18 PM

Yeah, it was a little sad and of course unnecessary. That little bit of cunting we love to do in this country whenever given the chance. It's never enough to jail criminals, we gotta add some element of cuntitude whenever possible, even if it's just giggling about prison rape, on top of it.

Actually, I'm glad if they have been back together since 2018. It certainly makes sense they are in prison, but no need to add that cute little sadistic twist to it.

by Anonymousreply 58October 1, 2024 5:21 PM

It made sense to separate them because whenever they were together they would get themselves into trouble and conspire. They had to be separated.

But it’s fucked up nonetheless.

by Anonymousreply 59October 1, 2024 5:44 PM

The inane baby-brains here think that people who brutally killed their parents in a premeditated, plotted way and were convicted for it deserve to jerk each other off through the bars.

One supposes they would have been protesting impotently if Eva Braun and Hitler had survived the war and didn't get conjugal visits.

Because the posters are such humanitarians.

by Anonymousreply 60October 1, 2024 6:18 PM

r60 Aww, you tried so hard.

by Anonymousreply 61October 1, 2024 8:52 PM

Oh, R61 went to #27 on the Paris Hilton Response List from 1993. Lazy is sad.

I do love the OP (unless it's you) for the great thread topic. I just know the prevalence of people who took it seriously. The Frauen have merged with the Puddin'heads.

by Anonymousreply 62October 1, 2024 9:38 PM

Paris Hilton was a child in 1993.

by Anonymousreply 63October 1, 2024 9:38 PM

Maybe the parents had it coming regardless of whether or not the molestation claims were true. Nature or nurture, Lyle and Erik were the fruits of their parent's labors. They failed as parents and fortunately only they paid the price.

From the accounts of those that knew him, José was a tyrant with Lyle and Erik and just a real son-of-a-bitch altogether. Kitty sounds like an enabler. They both spoiled the boys but also emotionally and mentally obliterated them. The Menendez brothers may very well be psychopaths. but I just cannot muster any sympathy for the parents. Sometimes the chickens come home to roost.

by Anonymousreply 64October 1, 2024 9:49 PM

r62 Nah, but very sweet. Keep up the good work!

by Anonymousreply 65October 1, 2024 10:21 PM

R11 true or not, the point was that RM didn’t invent it like R5 seemed to be saying. Do you need every single fucking thing explained to you in your daily life too?

by Anonymousreply 66October 1, 2024 10:53 PM

r66 You ok?

by Anonymousreply 67October 2, 2024 1:18 AM

Well, no.

by Anonymousreply 68October 2, 2024 2:37 AM

It's incredibly interesting that the song playing during their separation is by two phonies. And that's what Lyle and Erik were...two phonies who murdered their parents and told lie after lie about them to exonerate themselves.

Ryan Murphy is brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 69October 2, 2024 2:50 AM

Yes, it was very sad. They were separated for like 20 years. Glad they're in the same prison now.

by Anonymousreply 70October 2, 2024 4:50 AM

It would keep me up at night were I able to stay up at night.

by Anonymousreply 71October 2, 2024 5:09 AM

People get segregated within a prison all the time for all kinds of reasons. I don't think it's necessarily cruel that they were in two different prisons.

by Anonymousreply 72October 2, 2024 5:25 AM

R72 people? Yes. Siblings who murdered together and were on trial together, literally? Not always.

by Anonymousreply 73October 2, 2024 12:45 PM

R69 I felt that it was also a need to hide EVERYTHING for both Milli Vanilli and The Menendez brothers, and at some point the lie got too big and out of control to where there was nowhere to go with it but downhill.

However, all Milli Vanilli did was lip sync to other guys voices. They didn’t murder anyone.

by Anonymousreply 74October 2, 2024 12:51 PM

The older brother always seemed straight to me and the younger brother seemed gay. The younger brother also looked part Coyote.

by Anonymousreply 75October 2, 2024 12:56 PM

Erik always had gay rumors. His father picked on him for always being so effeminate and gentle and soft spoken. His father always loved Lyle more

by Anonymousreply 76October 2, 2024 1:05 PM

R74, of course, Milli Vanilli just lip synched. The Menendez brothers are the true monsters.

by Anonymousreply 77October 2, 2024 3:35 PM

It is just horrible they way they treat murders now a days.

by Anonymousreply 78October 2, 2024 4:36 PM

[quote] I started to bawl, which started the whole world bawling.

I started to ball, which started the whole world balling.

by Anonymousreply 79October 2, 2024 8:06 PM

I know people who really did cry at the end.

by Anonymousreply 80October 2, 2024 8:24 PM

spoiled rich bruhs who thought they had it all figured out. FUCK THEM with a toothbrush. Who cares!

by Anonymousreply 81October 2, 2024 8:26 PM

He’s just so hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82October 2, 2024 8:27 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!