Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do you have an afternoon snack?

If so, what?

I've always needed a little something around 3:00 p.m. I thought this would change when I started working from home but it didn't.

Lately I've been enjoying a slice of Eggo Cinnamon Toast. Just toast it up in air fryer, no butter or syrup needed. A serving size is 3 slices for 290 calories but I only eat one slice which is what, 95 calories. It satisfies a little sweet craving.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62October 4, 2024 5:30 PM

Fiber One 70 Calorie Brownies. They taste great, they’re only 70 calories, and they’re good for you. I wouldn’t eat any snack greater than 100 calories and no one else should either.

Another option is Great Value Light Greek Yogurt. It’s only 80 calories and it’s satisfying. Also good for you.

by Anonymousreply 1September 30, 2024 2:20 PM

Peanut butter toast and tea.

by Anonymousreply 2September 30, 2024 2:20 PM

I eat whole food not frankengarbage like OP and R1.

by Anonymousreply 3September 30, 2024 2:35 PM

Either a protein bar or a decadent pastry, depending if I listen to the angel or the devil on my shoulder,

by Anonymousreply 4September 30, 2024 2:42 PM

Well smell you, r3! 🙄

by Anonymousreply 5September 30, 2024 2:44 PM

I'm a hobbit. I have an elevenses snack of usually a greek yogurt cup or a protein bar, and an afternoon snack of a banana with a dab of peanut butter. I subscribe to the "eat several small meals to keep your metabolism going" theory of eating and it works for me.

by Anonymousreply 6September 30, 2024 2:46 PM

I usually have a protein shake (unflavored) before I work out. I use milk instead of water and I add a double shot of espresso to it, a scoop of creatine and a little bit of coffee creamer, so it’s basically a coffee shake. I add the espresso shot to have a little boost beforehand instead of taking pre workout powders.

by Anonymousreply 7September 30, 2024 2:56 PM

Babybel cheese and some grapes. Babybels range from 50 to 70 calories per serving and the calorie count for the grapes is negligible.

by Anonymousreply 8September 30, 2024 3:11 PM

[quote] calorie count for the grapes is negligible

OMG SUGAR!!! I'd DIE, I'd just simply DIE!!

by Anonymousreply 9September 30, 2024 3:43 PM

Sometimes I have fruit. I love pears in the winter.

by Anonymousreply 10September 30, 2024 7:32 PM

Apple and a handful of nuts - almonds and cashews usually.

You need to some bulk, protein, and fat to curb the sensation of feeling hungry.

by Anonymousreply 11September 30, 2024 7:36 PM

Thanks to Ozempic, I’m still full from last night’s dinner.

by Anonymousreply 12September 30, 2024 7:40 PM

Sometimes if I need something carb-y, I'll have a Thomas plain mini bagel, they are 120 calories, with a bit of peanut butter.

by Anonymousreply 13October 1, 2024 7:00 PM

I've been trying just to have coffee with cream and maybe 12 almonds.

by Anonymousreply 14October 1, 2024 7:05 PM

1 chocolate chip, a walnut, 2 raisins

by Anonymousreply 15October 1, 2024 7:23 PM

a delicous ceramic thimble of warm bone broth which I cradle. 7 air popped pieces of popcorn with flour da la see fancy salt. My special treats are frozen Russel Stover seasonal marshmallow treats which I divide in 4 before I individually wrap and freeze.

by Anonymousreply 16October 1, 2024 7:28 PM

Yes. And a morning one, evening one, midnight one.

by Anonymousreply 17October 1, 2024 7:30 PM

Chocolate candy.

by Anonymousreply 18October 1, 2024 9:17 PM

AbbaZabba and grape Koolaid

by Anonymousreply 19October 1, 2024 9:49 PM

Asshole

by Anonymousreply 20October 1, 2024 9:51 PM

Fresh garden salad with 1 tbls of Balsamic Vinegar and 1 tblsp of extra virgin cold pressed olive oil

by Anonymousreply 21October 1, 2024 9:59 PM

I always have a piece of fruit. Usually an apple or a banana.

by Anonymousreply 22October 1, 2024 10:18 PM

I try not to eat healthy food when I can help it.

The sooner my body gives out the better I’ll be.

by Anonymousreply 23October 1, 2024 10:30 PM

Usually cheese and crackers, though for the last couple of days I've had peanut butter cookies.

by Anonymousreply 24October 2, 2024 3:30 AM

That's like asking if I breathe in the afternoon.

by Anonymousreply 25October 2, 2024 3:39 AM

I eat when I'm hungry.

by Anonymousreply 26October 2, 2024 3:40 AM

“ I wouldn’t eat any snack greater than 100 calories and no one else should either.”

The sentiments of a pretentious, persnickety, puckered philistine.

by Anonymousreply 27October 2, 2024 3:45 AM

[quote] I wouldn’t eat any snack greater than 100 calories and no one else should either.

Tell us more, Ms. Rancic.

by Anonymousreply 28October 2, 2024 3:48 AM

A slice of swiss cheese and a slice of turkey, rolled up. I sometimes add ground mustard.

by Anonymousreply 29October 2, 2024 5:32 AM

Slice of apple with peanut butter or half banana with pb.

by Anonymousreply 30October 2, 2024 5:33 AM

Once in a while I have a snack. A wooty twink.

by Anonymousreply 31October 2, 2024 5:42 AM

R31 No idea what that is but thanks for sharing.

by Anonymousreply 32October 2, 2024 5:53 AM

2 nectarine segments and 3 walnuts sliced in half so it seems like 6 walnuts. I shake a pinch of sesame seeds into the crevices of the walnuts for an extra indulgence.

by Anonymousreply 33October 2, 2024 9:19 AM

Two almonds.

by Anonymousreply 34October 2, 2024 9:33 AM

Fresh fruit, peanut butter on a couple of crackers, dill pickle.

by Anonymousreply 35October 2, 2024 10:00 AM

I take a fine Takamura onion knife and wedge up 1 inch of the crust that forms where my wooden table leaves meet.

by Anonymousreply 36October 2, 2024 12:45 PM

No.

I have a cup of tea at 4.

by Anonymousreply 37October 2, 2024 12:49 PM

Didn’t OP ask about a snack? He didn’t ask about a deli menu for squirrels.🐿️

by Anonymousreply 38October 2, 2024 2:18 PM

Yes. I’ve always had tea between 3 - 4, as a kid after school it was usually a toasted cheese or peanut butter or Nutella on toast. I still have the same, except Nutella today is gross, but more likely to have a couple of cookies and a cup of tea. Yesterday I had peanut butter on a cinnamon graham cracker and might have the same today.

by Anonymousreply 39October 2, 2024 3:26 PM

I have my snack around 4. Aldi sells these little single-serving 3-packs of nuts, cheese, and dried fruit, or cheese and a cut turkey slim Jim type thing. I put it on a plate with five or so saltines that I break into pieces can have a little bit of saltine with each bite.

Sometimes if I’m feeling worthy of a little more effort, I will make a plate with a couple gherkins, a quartered beet, and cheese and sausage of my own choosing, what my people called ‘faspa’.

I only have a couple bites of each thing, I think the variance in each food’s taste and texture switches off my desire to have more. It’s good enough but not _too_ good. I try not to get snacks that taste too good. I had to stop buying Wheat Thins for this reason— saltines only.

by Anonymousreply 40October 2, 2024 3:50 PM

Here are some of my afternoon snack choices

Fresh garden salad with no more than 2 tablespoons of dressing

1 stick of string cheese and one small to medium sized apple

1 bag of Birdseye steam fresh mixed vegetables (3 servings of vegetables)

Smoothie 1 cup of frozen blueberries or strawberries, 1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 8 pumps of sugar free vanilla syrup

10 unsalted whole almonds

by Anonymousreply 41October 2, 2024 9:38 PM

R41 Everything but the 10 almonds sounds like a meal.

by Anonymousreply 42October 4, 2024 6:29 AM

I like those little packages called Balanced Breaks that Sargento makes. The versions I like best are the ones with cheddar cheese, almonds or cashews, and dried cranberries. They're tasty, not too sweet, provide some protein, and are only 180 calories. I find I'm really dragging at around 2:30 in the afternoon, practically falling asleep at my desk at work. And that's a snack that provides a nice little energy boost without the sugar rush (and crash) that something more carb heavy would.

I also like Fage 2 reduced fat flavored yogurt. But the Balanced Breaks are my weekday go-to.

by Anonymousreply 43October 4, 2024 6:40 AM

R43 it’s probably what you’re eating for lunch that makes you feel draggy at 2:30

by Anonymousreply 44October 4, 2024 1:54 PM

No. I certainly do not.

by Anonymousreply 45October 4, 2024 2:04 PM

So many Squirrels on this thread only eating seeds and nuts...who are you kidding?

by Anonymousreply 46October 4, 2024 2:11 PM

Hummus with carrot and celery sticks.

An apple with cheddar cheese and some peanut butter.

Grey Goose and Fresca with a Newport menthol.

by Anonymousreply 47October 4, 2024 2:42 PM

Did the OP ask everyone to perform their eating disorders for the rest of us? I must have missed that.

by Anonymousreply 48October 4, 2024 3:13 PM

So many liars. Now R47, I believe.

by Anonymousreply 49October 4, 2024 3:26 PM

Rolando

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50October 4, 2024 3:30 PM

I have candy and cookies, I like sugar, I lost weight eating candy cookies and ice cream, birthday cake is gold.

by Anonymousreply 51October 4, 2024 3:35 PM

Wait for it - 1:44

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52October 4, 2024 3:45 PM

R42 only to you

by Anonymousreply 53October 4, 2024 4:11 PM

[quote]Fiber One 70 Calorie Brownies. They taste great, they’re only 70 calories, and they’re good for you.

No they are not. There is nothing wholesome about them. It's a junkfood.

Ingredients: Chicory Root Extract, Erythritol, Wheat Flour Bleached, Dutch Cocoa (processed with alkali), Vegetable Glycerin, Canola Oil, Sugar, Sugarcane Fiber, Palm Kernel and Palm Oil, Polydextrose, Sorbitol, Calcium Caseinate. Contains 2% or less of: Whey Protein Concentrate, Cocoa, Leavening (baking soda, sodium aluminum phosphate), Natural Flavor, Egg White, Salt, Soy Lecithin, Milk Powder, Stevia Leaf Extract.

[quote]Great Value Light Greek Yogurt.

The flavored versions have high fructose corn syrup, sucralose.

People wonder why diabetes and all kind of other ailments are so prevalent. People are eating crap.

by Anonymousreply 54October 4, 2024 4:20 PM

I find the cum of a Latino construction worker on a work site close to my building to completely fill me up. Sweet, creamy, and lots of it.

by Anonymousreply 55October 4, 2024 4:30 PM

[quote] People wonder why diabetes and all kind of other ailments are so prevalent. People are eating crap

Yes, I am certain high diabetes rates are due to eating Great Value Light Greek Yogurt.

by Anonymousreply 56October 4, 2024 4:33 PM

R56 = idiot.

by Anonymousreply 57October 4, 2024 4:46 PM

One or two tall stacks of peanut butter with American sliced cheese sandwiches with generic “Ritz” crackers, a couple of colored sugar water jugs, shaped like miniature milk bottles with tin foil caps; preferably the red or the orange ones, they taste the most like fruit.

And a Snicker’s bar for dessert.

by Anonymousreply 58October 4, 2024 4:50 PM

In addition to the horrible eating habits, I also didn’t know the difference between the possessive and the plural “s” suffixes back in 1978.

by Anonymousreply 59October 4, 2024 4:54 PM

[quote] I have my snack around 4. Aldi sells these little single-serving 3-packs of nuts, cheese, and dried fruit, or cheese and a cut turkey slim Jim type thing.

That sounds like a lot of one-use plastic.

by Anonymousreply 60October 4, 2024 5:00 PM

A nice blowjob in the park usually does it

by Anonymousreply 61October 4, 2024 5:28 PM

r58, it amazes me how much garbage I ate as a kid and was always a bean pole (except for 8th grade when I got a bit pudgy before I grew like 5 inches in less than a year). I could easily eat half a box of Cap'n Crunch after school and then a full dinner and dessert a couple of hours later.

by Anonymousreply 62October 4, 2024 5:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!