Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Only Patriotic Choice for President

The New York Times editorial board endorses Kamala.

[quote]In 2020 this board made the strongest case it could against the re-election of Mr. Trump. Four years later, many Americans have put his excesses out of their minds. We urge them and those who may look back at that period with nostalgia or feel that their lives are not much better now than they were three years ago to recognize that his first term was a warning and that a second Trump term would be much more damaging and divisive than the first.

[quote]Kamala Harris is the only choice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24October 1, 2024 4:09 PM

How the NYT endorsement of Harris spells trouble for Harris' and the Democrats campaigns.

by Anonymousreply 1September 30, 2024 1:29 PM

[quote] The New York Times editorial board endorses Kamala.

This is an incredible surprise.

by Anonymousreply 2September 30, 2024 1:31 PM

People in the comments are bitching that the endorsement starts off with five paragraphs of NYT bitching about Trump.

by Anonymousreply 3September 30, 2024 1:36 PM

Please, Americans, don’t re-elect the poisonous buffoon Trump. Once was bad enough.

by Anonymousreply 4September 30, 2024 1:46 PM

[quote] Please, Americans, don’t re-elect the poisonous buffoon Trump.

Be prepared to assume the brace position. There’s a 50/50 chance (regardless of what the models say at any given moment).

by Anonymousreply 5September 30, 2024 1:51 PM

Meanwhile:

NYT reporters speaking to bedrock voters in Franklin County PA, discover why NYT's endorsement of Harris is bad news for the Harris campaign

by Anonymousreply 6September 30, 2024 1:51 PM

Cover reminds me of the GigaChad meme.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7September 30, 2024 1:52 PM

Dems in disarray!!!

by Anonymousreply 8September 30, 2024 1:58 PM

[Quote] Please, Americans, don’t re-elect the poisonous buffoon Trump. Once was bad enough.

This is a terrifying prospect. If he's reelected it will have a chilling effect in other countries too. It will embolden those who worship him and I live north of the border so bracing for impact. Fucking scumbag.

by Anonymousreply 9September 30, 2024 2:23 PM

The NY Times carries about as much weight as their paper thin Sunday magazine.

by Anonymousreply 10September 30, 2024 2:32 PM

The Only Patriotic Choice for President: Why that Spells Trouble for the Harris-Walz Campaign

by Anonymousreply 11September 30, 2024 2:48 PM

The Only Patriotic Choice for President: But she must paint her living room pewter green and cut her sandwiches on the diagonal to get MY vote.

by Anonymousreply 12September 30, 2024 2:53 PM

Effect on the election of the NYT's endorsement: zilch.

Effect on the election of the NYT's relentless drumbeat of how damaged and weak Harris's position is and the exhaustive coverage of Trump and his noise: a point or two.

by Anonymousreply 13September 30, 2024 2:58 PM

I bet titty-baby Bret Stephens is seething right now.

by Anonymousreply 14September 30, 2024 3:07 PM

Billy Joe Bumfuck doesn't care much about politics.

But in this Ohio diner, the dirt farmer and undecided voter's attention is glued to the NY Times' stunning endorsement of Kamala Harris.

"I just don't get it," said Bumfuck, 65, as he sipped coffee.

by Anonymousreply 15September 30, 2024 3:08 PM

Useful enough to be reminded of the overwhelming case for the prosecution from the senior common room. Useful, and of course revolting and chilling. The NYT is on record as being on the right side of history. Meanwhile, let's check those polls...

by Anonymousreply 16September 30, 2024 3:58 PM

And yet, somehow, the holy God-damned [italic]New York TImes[/italic] editorial board thinks this makes up for 5 years of unrelenting derision and mocking condescension of everything Democratic, from Joe Biden's age to Kamala's laugh, with every policy position, legislative achievement and economic accomplishment in between.

by Anonymousreply 17September 30, 2024 4:01 PM

Kiss of death.

by Anonymousreply 18September 30, 2024 5:17 PM

r18 They endorsed Biden in 2020...

by Anonymousreply 19September 30, 2024 5:18 PM

She needs to do a press conference.

by Anonymousreply 20September 30, 2024 11:15 PM

^ Why? So the holy God-damned [italic]New York Times[/italic] can ask her about the last thing DonOld said?

I always think "What would I do if I were in _________'s shoes?" In this case, if I were Kamala, I'd do a press conference but I'd start with one simple statement: "If all you ask me is my reaction to something DonOld said, this conference is over. First question?" and see if the media could actually ask even one question without mentioning Shitler. You know they couldn't, so the press conference would be over before a single question was answered.

It would take balls of steel for Kamala to hold the media accountable, but it might actually set the right tone for her presidency.

by Anonymousreply 21October 1, 2024 2:00 PM

They endorsed every Democrat since Eisenhower.

by Anonymousreply 22October 1, 2024 2:53 PM

R22 you are right. I’m really surprised by this, I don’t know why.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23October 1, 2024 2:56 PM

[quote]I’m really surprised by this, I don’t know why.

Maybe because the holy God-damned [italic]New York Times[/italic] has spent the last 5 years demeaning, delegitimizing and destroying Joe and then Kamala... while promoting, defending and sanewashing Shitler?

I guess their strategy worked.

by Anonymousreply 24October 1, 2024 4:09 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!