Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What is up with all the disgusting new junk food?!

Putting two things that don’t belong together together… Fruit Loop bagels, Snickers coffee, Oreo soda, pancake potato chips…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36October 1, 2024 8:45 PM

Barf.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 30, 2024 6:14 AM

Ugh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 30, 2024 6:14 AM

No.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3September 30, 2024 6:15 AM

WTF?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4September 30, 2024 6:15 AM

A lot of these products wind up at stores like Grocery Outlet deeply discounted. I don't know why R & D keeps coming up with them. Their taste testers must all be children, teens, or the elderly with worn taste buds. I mean when was the last time these strange combo products took off?

by Anonymousreply 5September 30, 2024 7:15 AM

These photos don’t even scratch the surface of what’s out there. Who the heck is eating this crap? It’s revolting.

by Anonymousreply 6September 30, 2024 7:17 AM

But taco shells made of Doritos is ok, right?

by Anonymousreply 7September 30, 2024 12:51 PM

The target market is fatties, so I’m not even aware of these products.

by Anonymousreply 8September 30, 2024 1:45 PM

I blame Japan.

by Anonymousreply 9September 30, 2024 2:14 PM

Oh but you think you're fancy with your truffle french fries, dont'cha?

by Anonymousreply 10September 30, 2024 2:16 PM

[quote]Fruit Loop

FROOT Loops.

by Anonymousreply 11September 30, 2024 3:30 PM

OP replies to herself a lot

by Anonymousreply 12September 30, 2024 3:49 PM

I tried an Oreo Coke - I could only drink half the bottle and had to pour the rest of it out. Disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 13September 30, 2024 4:18 PM

Same goes for vape flavors.

by Anonymousreply 14September 30, 2024 5:12 PM

I buy some of the most outlandish food items from Dollar Treee and Grocery Outlet and bring them out when I have company for an interesting impromptu taste test. This time of year they'll do everything with pumpkin spice which is a nice break from the birthday cake everything that seems to still have hold.

by Anonymousreply 15September 30, 2024 6:08 PM

Cinnamon Toast Crunch bacon is now a thing.

by Anonymousreply 16September 30, 2024 6:29 PM

Op, are you not gay? Don't ever bash anything made with Fruit Loops. I think removing them from school cafeterias is really an anti LGBTQ thing.

by Anonymousreply 17October 1, 2024 3:44 AM

I think with some of the most outlandish or temporary flavors are designed to get a ton of traction across social media with people taste testing or calling out the uniqueness/weirdness.Also flavors that are tied in with a movie or television series are just part of the "experiential" marketing plan. Everything is designed to "surprise and delight" you these days. I'm a recovering marketer.

by Anonymousreply 18October 1, 2024 3:53 AM

We live in blessed times.

by Anonymousreply 19October 1, 2024 3:57 AM

Done well Snickers coffee would be great. Roasted peanut, sweet caramel and earthy chocolate? Sign me up.

by Anonymousreply 20October 1, 2024 4:17 AM

There is Coffee Mate Snickers creamer.

by Anonymousreply 21October 1, 2024 4:23 AM

I was just shaking my head at Chocolate Cheerios at Costco today. I don't know how these food industry people sleep at night.

by Anonymousreply 22October 1, 2024 4:35 AM

Yuck. Like everything fiery hot. It’s like an offshoot of fair food.

by Anonymousreply 23October 1, 2024 4:37 AM

Weird flavors aren't always bad. I had rotisserie chicken flavored Lays in France and they were delicious.

by Anonymousreply 24October 1, 2024 6:32 AM

It’s desperate corporate synergy gone amok.

by Anonymousreply 25October 1, 2024 6:45 AM

You're joking, r24?

The ingredients for Lay's Roast Chicken flavored potato chips include:

Specially selected potatoes

Vegetable oil

Seasoning that includes:

Corn maltodextrin

Torula yeast

Salt

Monosodium glutamate

Hydrolyzed soy and corn protein

Spice

Onion powder

Glucose solids

Citric acid

Dextrose

These chips also contain modified milk ingredients and mono- and di-glycerides. They contain soy and milk ingredients.

by Anonymousreply 26October 1, 2024 8:59 AM

Citric acid, onion powder and MSG? So you're telling me I basically consumed Novichok, r26?

by Anonymousreply 27October 1, 2024 9:30 AM

Maybe not. Is MSG legal in Europe? Lots of food additives aren't (fortunately). Citric acid and onion powder are naturally occurring and safe AFAIK.

by Anonymousreply 28October 1, 2024 9:36 AM

Would you rather have a Coffee-flavoured Snickers bar or Snickers-flavoured coffee?

Asking for a friend. In marketing. You all know her. It’s Julie.

by Anonymousreply 29October 1, 2024 12:31 PM

Remember purple ketchup?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30October 1, 2024 12:58 PM

R17 see R11

by Anonymousreply 31October 1, 2024 2:38 PM

Dollar Tree loves this.

by Anonymousreply 32October 1, 2024 2:49 PM

I don't even consider that shit food.

by Anonymousreply 33October 1, 2024 2:53 PM

The one which some might find disgusting which I love is the Lay's BLT potato chips, they bring them back in different reincarnations every so often. They are delicious and really do taste like a Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato sandwich.

by Anonymousreply 34October 1, 2024 3:18 PM

Don't eat the applesauce anywhere, there's a problem it seems. Most apple products are from China thru whatever country, so two adulterous steps.

by Anonymousreply 35October 1, 2024 7:18 PM

Call me a fat whore, but I'd love to try foods from R1 and R2.

by Anonymousreply 36October 1, 2024 8:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!