Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Oct. 2024 = Drake Departs DOOL...

Dreamy Drake Hogestyn has passed away a day before his 71st birthday (R.I.P.).

Crazy Connie finally caught & crated off.

NuKristen brings Dr. Rolf back to help Brady somehow.

Newly awake Rafe is still in a "script coma" of the writing staff's own design.

Stephanie easily rolls over Everett's fresh corpse to cuddle with Alex the actor.

After many months of waiting, not a single damn episode of "Body & Soul" has been made yet.

Discuss.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65October 3, 2024 8:02 PM

[quote] NuKristen brings Dr. Rolf back to help Brady somehow.

Yay! Dr. Rolf is back.

by Anonymousreply 1September 29, 2024 11:19 PM

They need to kill John off permanently. He can't be recast. Of course, it'll air next Spring...

by Anonymousreply 2September 29, 2024 11:49 PM

The previous Sept. DOOL thread =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3September 29, 2024 11:54 PM

r2

I was wondering if Sami, Bo, Rex, Philip Hope et al are coming back for John's funeral. John does deserve to go out a hero and if they knew Drake was sick, maybe they wrote that

Carrie better come back

by Anonymousreply 4September 30, 2024 12:01 AM

There's no option in the poll for killing off the character of John Black in a respectful way. Not at the hands of Orpheus, Clyde or Connie. That's the only vote I would cast. So, I didn't cast a vote.

After 38 years in the role, best thing to honor Drake is to kill off John Black. Because of how far in advance they film, it would likely be July or August at the earliest before we'd see that on screen.

by Anonymousreply 5September 30, 2024 12:50 AM

Let’s guess who’ll they’ll be bringing back for John’s funeral. They gave John a big funeral in the 2000s when he was killed off.

I’m guessing Eileen Davidson will be back as Kristen for John’s wake.

by Anonymousreply 6September 30, 2024 1:05 AM

2OO0s

by Anonymousreply 7September 30, 2024 1:06 AM

Did they kill off Diana Colville? That was so convoluted that I forget.

by Anonymousreply 8September 30, 2024 3:36 AM

R5 John's an action hero of sorts on the show. Most fans would want him to go out in a blaze of glory (similar to Victor's plane blowing up offscreen for maximum drama benefits).

Who wants to see him die in his sleep or slip in the shower & drown by blocking the drain?

"Respectful way" = Boring.

by Anonymousreply 9September 30, 2024 4:42 AM

Drake’s finally episode aired September 9, 2024.

by Anonymousreply 10September 30, 2024 8:29 AM

*final

by Anonymousreply 11September 30, 2024 8:30 AM

Where the fuck is she recording from?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12September 30, 2024 4:20 PM

Oh, wow! Drake's final episode has already aired!?!?!

That episode would have been filmed in January or February. So, Drake was must have been sick for quite a while. He sure didn't look well in his last few episodes.

However they decide to kill off John, it will obviously have to happen off screen like they did with Victor.

by Anonymousreply 13September 30, 2024 6:15 PM

R12. The linen closet at the North Hollywood Comfort Suites on her 15 min break.

by Anonymousreply 14September 30, 2024 6:57 PM

Patrika was on the shitter. I heard her fart at 43 seconds in. Classy!

by Anonymousreply 15September 30, 2024 7:20 PM

Are they six months ahead or longer? Six months would be March?

by Anonymousreply 16September 30, 2024 7:34 PM

Can’t wait for Dee to do the casket dance.

by Anonymousreply 17September 30, 2024 7:35 PM

R16 They’ve already filmed past next July 4. They are now 10 months ahead.

by Anonymousreply 18September 30, 2024 7:45 PM

[quote]Are they six months ahead or longer? Six months would be March?

At one point, they were eight months ahead. That may have been cut back to seven months after taking a summer break.

by Anonymousreply 19September 30, 2024 8:00 PM

The whole Body & Soul arc now makes sense as Deidre needed something to do without Drake being onscreen for so long

so they brought in Hattie for her to do while he was in hospice. I'm guessing her scenes as Marlena will drop somewhat until John's death is revealed in 2025.

Also Patch's scenes recently (while talking about John) was a bit long & misty so this is why. They all knew he wasn't coming back & it was a mini-farewell to him while still alive.

by Anonymousreply 20October 1, 2024 5:39 AM

Will Aunt Viv be there for the funeral? I wonder how they’ll have John die. It can’t be on screen now. It’ll have to be something sudden I guess.

by Anonymousreply 21October 1, 2024 5:53 AM

R18, when is the show renewed up until? Aren’t they going to have to stop at some point to find out if there renewed or not?

by Anonymousreply 22October 1, 2024 5:53 AM

[quote]Drake’s finally episode aired September 9, 2024.

Very sad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23October 1, 2024 6:26 AM

Greg Vaughan now speaks like Drake.

by Anonymousreply 24October 1, 2024 6:43 AM

^ Like that's an improvement.

by Anonymousreply 25October 1, 2024 7:07 AM

Seldom seen Seth Green wants in on the Body & Soul ride?

LOLOLOL.

by Anonymousreply 26October 1, 2024 7:49 PM

I wish Peacock still had Beyond Salem streaming. I really wanted to watch the episode in Season 2 with John at the Pride event again. After watching Beyond Salem and that particular episode, I decided to try out the mothership DOOL. It took some time to catch on, but I have mostly enjoyed it - at least until recently with the Body and Soul crap taking up too much airtime.

by Anonymousreply 27October 1, 2024 9:05 PM

[quote] Drake’s finally episode aired September 9, 2024.

Find the episode that aired September 5, 2024.

I believe that contains Drake's final scene with Dee. There's a hug between them that's pretty emotional. He tells her, "I needed that." She replies, "I needed that too." They look teary-eyed. Then, later they kiss goodbye when he goes off to the police station to check on Queen Brady.

by Anonymousreply 28October 1, 2024 10:26 PM

R27 Don't these videos still play on The 'Cock?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29October 1, 2024 11:30 PM

I searched and didn’t see them. I will try again!

by Anonymousreply 30October 1, 2024 11:39 PM

I just searched Peacock and I can't find any of the Beyond Salem episodes.

by Anonymousreply 31October 1, 2024 11:54 PM

sad

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32October 2, 2024 12:33 AM

R30 here. My second search also came up empty as did R31's search. I know Peacock only keeps two years of episodes up and Beyond Salem does exceed that threshold.

by Anonymousreply 33October 2, 2024 12:48 AM

I really don't know what I watched today - Body and Soul is really stupid and I will wind up not watching the show anymore. Have they really run out of storyline ideas? Dreadful!

by Anonymousreply 34October 2, 2024 12:53 AM

^ Agree. Body and Soul could/should be a really fun send up of soaps but the lazy execution just makes it a boring storylin.e

by Anonymousreply 35October 2, 2024 5:57 AM

After Peacock's licensing agreement for the Beyond Salem series concluded, Sony Pictures licensed both seasons to ViaVision to sell them as DVDs sets.

You can find each chapter sold separately or combined for sale at Amazon or the ViaVision website. Sellers also put them up on eBay. If you buy a DVD set, just make sure it's for play in the U.S. or "region free" or "all regions" also known as "NTSC 0."

by Anonymousreply 36October 2, 2024 5:58 AM

R27, Beyond Salem is on DVD.

by Anonymousreply 37October 2, 2024 8:09 AM

Dee and Drake had a weird relationship. He’d put his tongue down her throat on the show. His wife mustn’t have been too happy watching Dee all over him in interviews and in the dressing room.

by Anonymousreply 38October 2, 2024 8:10 AM

One thing B. & Soul has given us is more shirtless scenes of Alex & Johnny so that's the only good thing I can think of.

So the soap has 5 characters to it? When I thought it was coming months ago, at least have of the Days cast would be playing characters on the show.

No one was clamoring for Seth to pop up on it tho so what were the writers thinking about that development.

by Anonymousreply 39October 2, 2024 9:00 AM

I don't mind the B&S storyline. It's letting Ron exercise a few demons, and giving a few actors something different to do. There's definitely some subtle shade at GH and Frank, and I like how Bonnie's B&S demise is parallel with Kelly Monaco's over on GH (despite this being written a year ago). And Dr. "Blake" Lamoray? C'mon, it made me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 40October 2, 2024 9:51 AM

What exactly is body and soul? Haven’t watched in a year.

by Anonymousreply 41October 2, 2024 10:12 AM

I don't disagree that some elements of Body and Soul are comical - like Hattie (Marlena) with rollers in her hair for much of the episode. I love Judi Evans and it killed me seeing her cry. My issue with Body and Soul is that it has become THE show. It would be fine if there was another storyline working to balance it out. It feels like all the storylines wrapped up and it became all Body and Soul. The only other scene was for yesterday was a conversation between Stephanie and Jada and Bobby/Everett being murdered by Crazy Connie and not committing suicide. Stephanie and Jada have real chemistry - perhaps THEY should hook up!

by Anonymousreply 42October 2, 2024 10:41 AM

I'm going out on a limb and saying that the strike killed Ron's story plans. He hated what the scabs came up with, got rid of all of that, and then jumped off with B&S and the Fauxbigail story.

I will also predict that Days has been renewed and that Ron's firing was part of the renewal negotiations.

by Anonymousreply 43October 2, 2024 12:03 PM

R37 is not R36.

by Anonymousreply 44October 2, 2024 2:17 PM

I doubt Ron was fired and that the show just couldn't continue to pay him past his contract, and they parted ways. Corday elevated the latest EP (Spellman-Drucker) and co HW (Ford) from within after Alarr and Carlivati left, respectively, which are budget-conscious moves.

by Anonymousreply 45October 2, 2024 4:17 PM

If they do it right and Dee can perform as well as she did during the DJ death in the late 70s it will be something to remember

by Anonymousreply 46October 2, 2024 4:48 PM

Show may have had something big planned for John Black, which obviously would have been scrapped with Drake's illness.

The Body & Soul storyline seems to be taking up an inordinate amount of air time. I suspect it was always planned to happen now, but expanded to take up more airtime when they had to drop other storylines.

by Anonymousreply 47October 2, 2024 5:41 PM

How could they kill of John? Victor had a plane crash. What could they do to John off screen to kill him off?

by Anonymousreply 48October 2, 2024 6:03 PM

Another question, given the context of this show and John Black's history, is why would any Salemite believe he's actually dead?

by Anonymousreply 49October 2, 2024 6:37 PM

[quote]What could they do to John off screen to kill him off?

Allergic reaction to strawberries.

The frays will eat it up.

by Anonymousreply 50October 2, 2024 6:52 PM

R50 Marlena and he have been eating strawberries and cream for years as part of their vigorous sex life. I remember when they had that whole penthouse and they fucked on the sofa right in front of their front door, back when teen Belle lived with them.

by Anonymousreply 51October 2, 2024 7:16 PM

They could discover that Connie had killed him.

by Anonymousreply 52October 2, 2024 8:31 PM

[quote] The frays will eat it up.

The what?

by Anonymousreply 53October 2, 2024 9:52 PM

Body & Soul is amusing. And the Days renewal will be announced at Day of Days.

by Anonymousreply 54October 3, 2024 1:11 AM

They aren’t overdoing it with Leo.

by Anonymousreply 55October 3, 2024 1:13 AM

[quote]The what?

Should be: the [bold]fraus [/bold]

Damn autocorrect and lack of edit functionality.

by Anonymousreply 56October 3, 2024 2:22 AM

Patrika Darbo attends the "Hollywood for Kamala Harris" event at The Abbey in West Hollywood, October 1, 2024.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57October 3, 2024 2:45 AM

R57. Wow. Ms. Darbo looks lovely all done up.

by Anonymousreply 58October 3, 2024 5:14 AM

R58 was thinking the same. Very pretty

by Anonymousreply 59October 3, 2024 5:38 AM

I still think a big funeral is coming

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60October 3, 2024 6:15 PM

Yes, if definitely sounds like most of those characters are coming back for a funeral. Some might stay around to get invovled in other plotlines. But sounds like most are just coming for the funeral.

But Drake died less than a week ago. Sounds like the show decided to kill John off a while back if they're already announcing the return of all those characters.

by Anonymousreply 61October 3, 2024 6:21 PM

If I were an actor and I had to leave and knew I wasn't coming back, I would definitely give permission for them to come up a final story. Phil Carey retired and they killed Asa off in an awesome story, bringing back Nathan Fillion!!!! And starting the Paris, TX storyline(which was awesome)

by Anonymousreply 62October 3, 2024 7:02 PM

I see Will Whoreton is on the guest list. We need Hot Sonny!

by Anonymousreply 63October 3, 2024 7:33 PM

Leann Hunley has gotten huge! Lay off the mac & cheese dear.

by Anonymousreply 64October 3, 2024 7:54 PM

Leann Hunley had to have survived the late 1980's on Murder, She Wrote residuals alone. She was on like 2 to 3 episodes every season as different characters!

by Anonymousreply 65October 3, 2024 8:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!