Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

CBS News says it will be up to Vance and Walz to fact-check each other in veep debate

Dumb.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27October 1, 2024 3:16 PM

So JB is just going to spew lies like a lawn sprinkler soldered to a sewer line

by Anonymousreply 1September 29, 2024 6:52 PM

CuntingBullShit

by Anonymousreply 2September 29, 2024 6:55 PM

So they're okay with both candidates making totally unsubstantiated claims, and also completely lying about anything and everything??

Got it.

American media has become so fucking LAZY. They refuse to do their jobs.

Not to mention that they're terrified of Republicans, because they're motivated by profits and revenue, rather than telling the truth.

Challenging Republicans on their lies might mean loss of viewership. And they can't have that!! Better to let Republicans lie, lie, and lie.

Now tell me, what is the purpose of CBS in this whole thing, then?

Just to host a party? Get commercial ad revenue? A little publicity for the network?

Because if this is the case, and they're going to let Republican lies go unchecked, then WHY ARE THEY EVEN HOSTING A DEBATE????

Is it to allow Republican propaganda into the viewer households, so that Trump can get elected?

I swear, American media has become so fucking useless, I don't even see a point to any of it any more.

by Anonymousreply 3September 29, 2024 6:56 PM

It’ll be excrement sprinkler effect, like Trump. A barrage of lies and distortions that can’t be refuted quick enough. It’s a strategy for losers with no plans, other than power and grifting of the taxpayers.

by Anonymousreply 4September 29, 2024 6:58 PM

They not lazy, they are actively campaigning for another Trump presidency.

by Anonymousreply 5September 29, 2024 6:59 PM

This seems cowardly! I'm sorry reality came as rude surprise to MAGAts everywhere during the Harris/Trump debate but it's fair to expect some basic corrections.

by Anonymousreply 6September 29, 2024 7:01 PM

Translation?

We don't want to risk alienating Republican viewers, as well as advertising revenue.

So we're going to let the Republican say anything he wants to, including spreading lies and rumors, because we don't have the courage to stand up to the backlash of forcing Republicans to TELL THE TRUTH.

Therefore, all Republican lies will go unchallenged.

Thank you very much!

by Anonymousreply 7September 29, 2024 7:01 PM

Are the mics muted?

by Anonymousreply 8September 29, 2024 7:02 PM

I think AI replacements can start with some news casters. 😂

by Anonymousreply 9September 29, 2024 7:07 PM

Time for The Press to Stop Working for Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10September 29, 2024 7:10 PM

Has there ever been a more cowardly, useless, and unprincipled group of sniveling pussies, than the American media?

They are an embarrassment to this country.

I have zero confidence in anything they have to say.

by Anonymousreply 11September 29, 2024 7:12 PM

[quote]I think AI replacements can start with some news casters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12September 29, 2024 7:13 PM

Skanks. Brain dead skanks.

by Anonymousreply 13September 29, 2024 7:16 PM

They can’t prove that Haitians are NOT eating pets, so why bother?

by Anonymousreply 14September 29, 2024 7:25 PM

"This is totally fine with us. It's not our responsibility to do the fact-checking. We're just here to collect a paycheck."

-CBS News

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15September 29, 2024 7:31 PM

Can't wait to see Tim Walz' reactions to the Couch Fucker.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16September 29, 2024 7:32 PM

The mics will be hot, which gives Vance the opportunity to attempt the filibuster : talking far over his time and interrupting Walz to try to get him off his message. Look for him to be very aggressive and look for the moderators to let him get away with it.

by Anonymousreply 17September 29, 2024 7:37 PM

[quote] Look for him to be very aggressive and look for the moderators to let him get away with it.

So they're not going to do any fact-checking, and they're not going to enforce any of the rules.

Tell me again, why the moderators are even there?

by Anonymousreply 18September 29, 2024 7:39 PM

"It was NOT an Early American couch, it was Mediterranean, from Sears"

by Anonymousreply 19September 29, 2024 7:48 PM

Tim’s got this. He’s used to dealing with disruptive children with terrible excuses for not doing their homework.

by Anonymousreply 20September 29, 2024 7:56 PM

We’ll be too busy checking our hair in the monitor to pay attention.

by Anonymousreply 21September 29, 2024 8:21 PM

So, CBS has chosen two women to moderate, giving the MAGAts a perfect excuse for bitching about the unfairness of the network.

by Anonymousreply 22September 29, 2024 8:32 PM

I can't imagine Margaret Brennan letting shit slide.

by Anonymousreply 23September 29, 2024 8:33 PM

Got it. So JD can just spew a blizzard of lies and Walz has to take his time to dispute them putting him on the defensive?

Our media is 99% broken.

by Anonymousreply 24September 29, 2024 8:40 PM

Why have human moderators at all? Just have computers generate questions.

by Anonymousreply 25September 29, 2024 8:43 PM

They can save some money and these moderate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26September 29, 2024 8:48 PM

OH FOR CHRIST SAKE-JUST GIVE THE UNITED STATES TO THAT CRIMINAL PRESIDENT ALREADY!

by Anonymousreply 27October 1, 2024 3:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!