Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Zachary Levi goes full MAGA

After those shitty Shazam movies his career fell in a slump so now he chooses the MAGA route.

So original, I know....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108September 30, 2024 4:45 AM

Questionable anal hygiene and dubious hairline to go along with it.

by Anonymousreply 1September 29, 2024 10:37 AM

Has there been a more tortured closet case?

by Anonymousreply 2September 29, 2024 11:03 AM

That was depressing to watch.

I never really watched any of his movies. I hate superhero movies, and I never saw Shazam.

I never thought much about Zachary Levi. He was just always "there."

But now that I've seen this, even though he has pretty much already been dead to me, now he's really dead to me.

I have no desire nor interest to know anything about him. Just like I have no interest or desire to know Jon Voight. Or Antonio Sabato, Jr., et al.

And he's now in the same class as Kelsey Grammer, Patricia Heaton, Suzanne Sommers, Victoria Jackson and all the other Hollywood MAGATS.

I'll never watch anything he's in, ever again.

by Anonymousreply 3September 29, 2024 11:26 AM

The “Make America Healthy Again” movement coalescing around a grizzled heroin junkie and ultimately throwing their support to the orange fatass will never not be funny.

by Anonymousreply 4September 29, 2024 11:58 AM

Never heard of this person.

by Anonymousreply 5September 29, 2024 12:01 PM

SUPERSTAR? 🙄🙄🙄 My sides 😂🤣😂🤣😂

by Anonymousreply 6September 29, 2024 12:02 PM

[quote]"I stand with Bobby and I stand with everyone else who is standing with President Trump."

So, if Kamala had promised to appoint Bobby to a cabinet position, as he pushed for before he reached out to Trump, Levi would stand with Harris-Walz?

I somehow doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 7September 29, 2024 12:04 PM

He’s always been a right-winger and staunch Evangelical. Now that his acting career is in the toilet, I can see him becoming a MAGAt podcaster/commentator.

The problem is that we already have a Michael Knowles; we don’t need another one.

by Anonymousreply 8September 29, 2024 12:15 PM

So much I could say right now

by Anonymousreply 9September 29, 2024 12:15 PM

Imagine jumping on the MAGA train 30-odd days before it comes to a stop, possibly forever. Interesting choice.

Guess it's all just Christian schlock movies for him from now on.

by Anonymousreply 10September 29, 2024 12:16 PM

[quote]He’s always been a right-winger and staunch Evangelical.

Evangelicals sure do love their adulterous politicians these days. Guess those "commandments" are merely suggestions.

by Anonymousreply 11September 29, 2024 12:22 PM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 12September 29, 2024 12:38 PM

Another “almost was” jumping on the Trump Train so they can blame their lack of success on something other than their lack of talent.

by Anonymousreply 13September 29, 2024 12:38 PM

Aging Himbos Club

by Anonymousreply 14September 29, 2024 1:06 PM

Zachary Levi is the new Scott Baio.

Just another washed up right-wing actor in the garbage bin of Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 15September 29, 2024 1:09 PM

Have fun making movies with Kevin Sorbo, dork!

by Anonymousreply 16September 29, 2024 1:11 PM

My parents were also Kennedy voters who turned into Reagan supporters. I thought they were crazy and there is nothing on earth that could make me vote for any republican much less Trump.

by Anonymousreply 17September 29, 2024 1:31 PM

Imagine being his agent right now.

by Anonymousreply 18September 29, 2024 1:40 PM

Him and Janet Jackson...

by Anonymousreply 19September 29, 2024 1:41 PM

Is Zachary still a closet case, or has he bearded up yet?

He should join Aaron Rodgers and form a crazy QAnon MAGA Closet Case Club.

by Anonymousreply 20September 29, 2024 1:45 PM

Yvette Nicole Brown tells her story about Levi. She's heartbroken.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21September 29, 2024 1:46 PM

The cognitive dissonance of these people preaching acceptance and inclusion and family values. All theirs are at the bottom of the toilet.

by Anonymousreply 22September 29, 2024 1:47 PM

Can't these people shut their yaps, do their movies and collect their paychecks?

by Anonymousreply 23September 29, 2024 1:48 PM

Interesting comments from your link at R21:

[quote] Star_Lord1997

[quote] I used to genuinely feel quite sorry for Levi post Shazam 2. He's always been pretty open about his mental health issues and the importance of it, and after Shazam 2 opened, he seemed to be a really dark place and was going into a deep spiral.

[quote] Now that he's shown his true colours and is following in the footsteps of Gina Carano by being a right-wing grifter, that sympathy is all but gone.

[quote] OhMy98

[quote] The right’s primary method of propaganda is specifically aimed at depressed straight men, it dispels cognitive dissonance by defending systems of oppression under the guise of achieving some form of peace. What they don’t realize is that peace is built on a lie. I grew up in Florida and the South, I know many like this who were capitalized on by right wing propaganda and radicalized. Levi is not the same ofc, he’s a man who is rich and privileged and should’ve gone down a road other than the right wing, but I imagine the method of his radicalization still mirrors enough of what I see from people I knew growing up. More than angering or disappointing, it’s just sad

by Anonymousreply 24September 29, 2024 1:52 PM

He could've had a decent career in musical theater. He was very good in "She Loves Me" opposite Laura Benanti (and Jane Krakowski.) He was in two successful TV series ("Less Than Perfect" and "Chuck") and a number of episodes of "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" in addition to the movies mentioned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25September 29, 2024 1:53 PM

The original poster of the tweet OP used should be punched. I hate dumbasses who think calling something "based" is cool. Just a true rotting waste of flesh.

by Anonymousreply 26September 29, 2024 1:54 PM

To publicly support Trump in career suicide, He must have had no prospects. I wonder who they will get to play Flynn in Rapunzel now.

by Anonymousreply 27September 29, 2024 1:55 PM

[quote]"Distrust for industry that runs amok."

I think that says it all.

Good for him.

Zachary Levi has worked in both Broadway and Hollywood and knows how anti-America they've become since going far-left (i.e. "woke") in the past decade.

Screen Actors Guild (i.e. Hollywood) and Actors' Equity (i.e. Broadway) used to look out for American actors, but now they give first dibs to foreigners.

It seems that Democrats, who run the U.S. entertainment industry, believe in "open borders" for everything and screw their fellow Americans!

by Anonymousreply 28September 29, 2024 1:55 PM

r28 Sure Jan

by Anonymousreply 29September 29, 2024 1:57 PM

I've never hard of this person. I am sure I am not alone.

by Anonymousreply 30September 29, 2024 1:59 PM

Severe closet case that was really fucked in the head by his fundie parents.

by Anonymousreply 31September 29, 2024 1:59 PM

Luckily for him, he won't have to deal with those corrupt Hollywood types anymore.

by Anonymousreply 32September 29, 2024 2:01 PM

Congratulations, Zachary. You have now entered the “Kevin Sorbo” phase of your career. Which means, no longer having a career.

by Anonymousreply 33September 29, 2024 2:02 PM

This has been known for years.

by Anonymousreply 34September 29, 2024 2:03 PM

He could have just as easily hedged his bets and waited another month or so to see how it all panned out. But no, he felt it was very important that he announce to the world where he stands.

by Anonymousreply 35September 29, 2024 2:04 PM

So essentially, he just came out of the closet.

by Anonymousreply 36September 29, 2024 2:05 PM

Auto D-listed. Hope he likes Candace Cameron Bure, he will be co-starring in her Hallmark Ripoff channel movies.

by Anonymousreply 37September 29, 2024 2:08 PM

I can't wait to see him on Fox News and Dr. Phil to talk about how Liberal Hollywood took away his career.

by Anonymousreply 38September 29, 2024 2:11 PM

Celebrity endorsements are meaningless. If you cast a vote because a celebrity endorses a candidate, you're an uncritical and ignorant voter.

I have a very healthy respect for people whose politics may differ from mine. And I respect libertarians. But Zachary Levi is an idiot, just like RFK, jr. and all those questioning the Covid vaccines. It is not a government conspiracy to take over our lives. It was an effort by the government to address a public health crisis.

And if you are a libertarian and you support that racist, sexist, irresponsible imbecile who incited a mob to insurrection, you are no friend of individual liberty. The constitution and the rule of law protect our individual liberties from governmental overreach. Your candidate of choice acted unconstitutionally and abused his power arbitrarily in his first term of office. And you are going to cast a vote for him again?

Zach Levi is a paranoid, ignorant, purveyor of half-brained conspiracies. He's an idiot. Amen to that!

by Anonymousreply 39September 29, 2024 2:13 PM

According to IMDB, he’s got 7 upcoming projects, but all B-list stuff. I imagine after that he will be hitching his wagon to Candace, and headlining Sound of Freedom 7.

by Anonymousreply 40September 29, 2024 2:17 PM

I didn't know he was Evangelical. I thought Levi was a Jewish name.

by Anonymousreply 41September 29, 2024 3:01 PM

This asshole voiced Flynn Ryder???

Fuuuck!

One of my favorite Disney movies ruined!

I was looking forward to watching with my soon-to-be-born granddaughter.

Well, I’ll just have to force myself to do it, consider this my first sacrifice for my future Disney Princess and hold it over her head for the rest of my life.

by Anonymousreply 42September 29, 2024 3:21 PM

You have children, r42?

by Anonymousreply 43September 29, 2024 3:22 PM

Struggle is real r42. James Woods voiced Hades in Hercules. Detest the man but love the movie.

by Anonymousreply 44September 29, 2024 3:26 PM

I lusted after his ass too around the time that film came out. Wasn’t it a big flop? Oh well, another Maga celeb who is dead to me.

by Anonymousreply 45September 29, 2024 3:27 PM

Interesting that four years ago he said he wasn’t a Trump supporter and called him vulgar, callous, narcissistic and lacked empathy. He’s just as phony and opportunistic as JD Vance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46September 29, 2024 3:29 PM

R46 very good point. There is so much money in politics now. I believe Trump is paying for these endorsements.

by Anonymousreply 47September 29, 2024 3:31 PM

Trump black hole sucks in another fallen star.

by Anonymousreply 48September 29, 2024 3:34 PM

Bitch has to eat…

by Anonymousreply 49September 29, 2024 3:35 PM

Is he white?

by Anonymousreply 50September 29, 2024 3:39 PM

What does BASED mean?

by Anonymousreply 51September 29, 2024 3:46 PM

[quote]What does BASED mean?

Beats me but I see it all the time on Twitter along with CHUDAI

by Anonymousreply 52September 29, 2024 3:49 PM

Based means being yourself including expressing an unpopular opinion?

Maybe Don Jr. promised him a lot of crypto.

by Anonymousreply 53September 29, 2024 3:51 PM

[quote]I didn't know he was Evangelical. I thought Levi was a Jewish name.

Levi is his middle name. His real surname is PUGH.

by Anonymousreply 54September 29, 2024 3:56 PM

I am guessing with very few A-List prospects on the horizon after Shazam flopped and DC movies recasting almost every hero he decided going Full Maga was his only option for money.

by Anonymousreply 55September 29, 2024 3:57 PM

Pretty much all the closet cases in Hollywood divorce less than a year after marrying so you all are probably right. Same with Bradley Cooper’s first marriage though I love him. The gals aren’t beards and realize their husbands are gay.

by Anonymousreply 56September 29, 2024 4:01 PM

Not very bright, anti vaxxer closet nutcase (and totally self-unaware), much like Joe Rogan or Aaron Rogers. And they see a kindred spirit in RFK Jr.

None of these types were ever going to vote for Democrats, but Trump has brought them over to his side by getting hooked up with Kennedy.

by Anonymousreply 57September 29, 2024 4:20 PM

I'm not sure who this is.

by Anonymousreply 58September 29, 2024 4:20 PM

This sounds like a calculated move to score interviews and write a book about "how Hollywood canceled me for being a conservative."

by Anonymousreply 59September 29, 2024 4:39 PM

He can always date Ann Coulter. The LCR types love her.

by Anonymousreply 60September 29, 2024 4:42 PM

[quote]Guess it's all just Christian schlock movies for him from now on.

Oh, great -- competition.

by Anonymousreply 61September 29, 2024 4:55 PM

based = red-pilled (more or less the same)

by Anonymousreply 62September 29, 2024 4:59 PM

[quote] based = red-pilled (more or less the same)

No. "Based" is something favorable (from your point of view) and that you agree with.

"Red pilled" is to be informed of the truth behind the superficial reality. It comes from the Matrix films.

by Anonymousreply 63September 29, 2024 5:05 PM

R43. Yes. I’m a frau. LOL

I have 4, all grown. My oldest is a wonderful, much loved gay man.

I found this amazing site a few years ago when I was randomly searching for old Hollywood gossip, and here you were.

I generally only engage in threads such as this. Politics, gossip, “So & So is Dead to Me” and “Tasteful Friends”.

I try not to be intrusive and always give you guys the respect, which is a lot and sincere, that you deserve.

I hope you don’t mind that I occasionally pop in.

Highest Regards.

by Anonymousreply 64September 29, 2024 6:23 PM

[quote]I didn't know he was Evangelical. I thought Levi was a Jewish name.

Like Zeta he has Welsh heritage. He's said he's lost roles because people think he's Jewish.

Died Rachel Zegler turn him right wing? I imagine she turns a lot of people right wing.

by Anonymousreply 65September 29, 2024 6:44 PM

What's weird is that he has worked recently - so it's not like his career is nowhere. He could bring it back - it's a slight dip - nothing major.

But ANYONE who ties themeselves to Trump eventually loses all credibility and their career.

Why the hell do this 30 days before the election? I think he got himself involved with some conspiracy people during COVID.

I believe I remember seeing his ancestry show - he didn't come off very smart and he had a rather white trash upbringing.

Stupid fucker -

by Anonymousreply 66September 29, 2024 6:54 PM

[quote] Celebrity endorsements are meaningless. If you cast a vote because a celebrity endorses a candidate, you're an uncritical and ignorant voter.

Then why were you screaming for Taylor Swift to endorse Kamala?

by Anonymousreply 67September 29, 2024 6:55 PM

R66 Short term greed. He is being paid.

by Anonymousreply 68September 29, 2024 7:00 PM

[quote]Died Rachel Zegler turn him right wing? I imagine she turns a lot of people right wing.

I imagine she turns a lot of people homicidal.

by Anonymousreply 69September 29, 2024 7:04 PM

He's not being paid. He's genuinely an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 70September 29, 2024 7:04 PM

Who is worse - Ezra Miller or Zachary Levi?

by Anonymousreply 71September 29, 2024 7:08 PM

Apparently he's identified as Libertarian for many years - and we all know what douchebags and idiots those people are.

So this isn't such a leap after all.

I bet his agent drops his ass soon.

by Anonymousreply 72September 29, 2024 7:14 PM

He had an evangelical upbringing. Both of his parents are now dead, at relatively young ages. He has a lot of issues that only therapy could solve. The suicidal thoughts alone are a huge red flag. Trump's appeal has often been to people who struggle with depression, feelings of inadequacy, and lifetimes of religious indoctrination.

by Anonymousreply 73September 29, 2024 8:18 PM

Zachary was great in She Loves Me. He should do more musicals.

by Anonymousreply 74September 29, 2024 8:22 PM

[quote] Yvette Nicole Brown tells her story about Levi. She's heartbroken.

Now she's saying she didn't tweet it. Sure, Yvette.

Something tells me Levi must have called her, and she decided to delete the tweet and use the old "I was hacked" defense.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75September 29, 2024 10:50 PM

R64. I love you!!!

by Anonymousreply 76September 29, 2024 10:55 PM

R75 what did she say or he claims she said?

by Anonymousreply 77September 29, 2024 11:11 PM

[quote]Why the hell do this 30 days before the election? I think he got himself involved with some conspiracy people during COVID.

I KNOW he got involved with Covid vaccine conspiracy theorists, but so did other actors and it didn't necessarily have anything to do with politics. (And as a reminder, the original anti-vaxxers were California elites, e.g. RFK Jr. It only became a Republican thing due to Trump & Q.)

Remember the S2 finale of "The Bear" where Carmy locks himself in the freezer on opening night, knowing he can't get out? That was entirely an act of self-sabotage, done so subconsciously that neither Carmy nor anyone else realized it. He's doing it solely because he doesn't think he deserves to be happy, and that's because he has a horror show of a mother and fucked-up father.

Is Levi doing the same thing? Sabotaging his own career due to self-loathing? (It was already odd enough that he moved to America's most famous far-LEFT hipster paradise, Austin, despite being neither hip nor remotely leftist.) If so, I think he may have succeeded.

by Anonymousreply 78September 29, 2024 11:13 PM

[quote]Zachary was great in She Loves Me. He should do more musicals.

He had a great singing voice, as evidenced on the Tangled soundtrack.

by Anonymousreply 79September 29, 2024 11:17 PM

I think a lot of closet Trumpers are coming out because they know his candidacy is in trouble and seriously think they're helping. Those who do are obviously not terribly bright.

by Anonymousreply 80September 29, 2024 11:24 PM

Libertarian = MAGA.

by Anonymousreply 81September 29, 2024 11:26 PM

Today is his birthday, too. I bet he isn't enjoying the backlash he's receiving on his 44th birthday. The only "thank you" he gave for wishing him a happy birthday was to his current "girlfriend," who is a photographer.

by Anonymousreply 82September 29, 2024 11:49 PM

R82. He's only 44?!

by Anonymousreply 83September 29, 2024 11:50 PM

Who is he? I looked him up and still don't know who the hell he is.

by Anonymousreply 84September 30, 2024 12:00 AM

R77 Here's the now deleted tweet

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85September 30, 2024 12:07 AM

R85. She wrote that tweet. Those aren't the words of a hacker. Thank you for posting it.

by Anonymousreply 86September 30, 2024 12:11 AM

WHO?

by Anonymousreply 87September 30, 2024 12:13 AM

[quote] She wrote that tweet. Those aren't the words of a hacker.

Exactly. I remember seeing similar tweets from her expressing sadness and disappointment in someone for revealing they're MAGA—same tone and writing style.

She definitely wrote that tweet. A hacker would've been far more inflammatory.

by Anonymousreply 88September 30, 2024 12:18 AM

His parents taught him to have a healthy distrust of government. That's problem with MAGA. Their distrust isn't healthy.

by Anonymousreply 89September 30, 2024 12:29 AM

[quote]His parents taught him to have a healthy distrust of government. That's problem with MAGA. Their distrust isn't healthy.

Did you have any distrust of the government during the Trump administration?

by Anonymousreply 90September 30, 2024 1:54 AM

I wonder why she deleted it. She probably doesn’t want to lose fans for not seeming to be open to respecting other’s politics. But fuck that. Magas are not worthy of respect.

by Anonymousreply 91September 30, 2024 2:06 AM

I saw him on Broadway in the revival of She Loves Me, opposite Laura Benanti. He was utterly charming on stage. Had a bit of an old world leading man quality there. But, yeah, this guy has been revealing his true nature over the last few years. First as an anti-vaxxer in the early days of the pandemic and, then, sharing other conspiracy theories. It was clear he was a closet case Libertarian-Bro for a while now, so it's not such a leap that he's gone from that to full on MAGA.

by Anonymousreply 92September 30, 2024 2:23 AM

Has he had a penis in his moth or bottom?

by Anonymousreply 93September 30, 2024 2:29 AM

R90 of course but it was perfectly healthy which goes without saying. I did not however think that one party was eating babies, drinking blood and were elaborate pedophiles.

by Anonymousreply 94September 30, 2024 2:29 AM

[quote] Has he had a penis in his moth

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95September 30, 2024 2:32 AM

[quote]Has he had a penis in his moth

No, but he had a dildo in his butt(erfly).

by Anonymousreply 96September 30, 2024 2:46 AM

I wish I had done a rewatch of Chuck before finding this out.

by Anonymousreply 97September 30, 2024 2:56 AM

I'm sad this has happened, because although his leading man days are over, he still could have found good character work playing attractive daddies (like Javier Bardem just did in Monsters). But it's over for him now in Hollywood. Even were Trump to win, he's radioactive, and he will get no more work than Jim Cazievel has.

But it's really his own stupid fault. He must have really felt desperate.

by Anonymousreply 98September 30, 2024 3:54 AM

If only so the tired queens who keep braying, "Who??" will shut the fuck up: no, Zachary Levi is not a household name, but he's also not a nobody. He played the lead on all seven seasons of the NBC show "Chuck," a comedy/spy thriller show that was a lot better than that description may infer, but that ended back in 2012. He was also the lead in both "Shazam!" movies, and to his credit acted alongside Helen Mirren in the second one, but despite a few Broadway credits, he's not exactly a thespian.

Also, the only time he's been in the news at all recently was last year when critics savaged the "Shazam!" sequel. While it's obviously understandable to be upset when critics savage your work, dwelling on it over and over and over again – which he's done in numerous interviews – isn't at all healthy. But OTOH it explains Trump's appeal 100%

by Anonymousreply 99September 30, 2024 4:02 AM

*Sorry – five seasons, not seven.

by Anonymousreply 100September 30, 2024 4:02 AM

R98 He isn’t too old to still be a leading man. He is so fkin fine Maganess aside.

by Anonymousreply 101September 30, 2024 4:04 AM

Well, it's all over now. No one but you is going to put his MAGAness aside, especially in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 102September 30, 2024 4:05 AM

R99. R100. It's okay! We all make mistakes!

by Anonymousreply 103September 30, 2024 4:07 AM

I think he is closeted gay. A lot of guys who cannot cope with that latch on to fringe politics.

by Anonymousreply 104September 30, 2024 4:13 AM

Maybe he and Laura Osnes could do the musical tent circuit in the Deep South.

by Anonymousreply 105September 30, 2024 4:13 AM

[quote]Also, the only time he's been in the news at all recently was last year when critics savaged the "Shazam!" sequel.

And even more recently, earlier this year when critics savaged his "Harold and the Purple Crown" movie.

by Anonymousreply 106September 30, 2024 4:35 AM

R81 Except MAGA leader Trump got booed at this year's Libertarian convention (when he spoke) & it was a total embarrassment for him around the globe.

by Anonymousreply 107September 30, 2024 4:39 AM

His chuck co star Adam Baldwin is extremely right wing, maybe it rubbed off on Zachery. I wonder if he really moved to Tulsa like he said he was going to

by Anonymousreply 108September 30, 2024 4:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!