Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lady Gaga’s new album of jazz covers outstreams Katy Perry’s album is just one day

Where does Katy go from here?

by Anonymousreply 25October 2, 2024 11:56 AM

Her album dropped yesterday and so far this is the only thread. She's just not a thing anymore, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 1September 29, 2024 1:50 AM

It’s awful.

It’s an album full of cliche standards that ancient artists would use for an album to sell on QVC. Songs that are so old, they’re public domain.

When I heard her “When The Saints Coming Marching In”, I stopped listening to it in full and skipped to hear the rest.

It’s cheap 90’s Vegas lounge music. I just imagine her singing this while a row of old ladies with visors and fanny packs ignore her at their slot machines at 3 in the morning.

The pits

by Anonymousreply 2September 29, 2024 8:13 AM

The choices of standards was lame, as r2 said. There are plenty of standards she could've chosen but she went with songs that have all been done a million times already.

by Anonymousreply 3September 29, 2024 2:51 PM

None of the songs listed are "jazz" songs. WTF. Words have meaning.

by Anonymousreply 4September 29, 2024 2:54 PM

[quote] I just imagine her singing this while a row of old ladies with visors and fanny packs ignore her at their slot machines at 3 in the morning.

To be fair, we would have ignored her anyway. At any time.

by Anonymousreply 5September 29, 2024 3:00 PM

I came here to write exactly what R2 wrote. Maybe I am R2 and forgot that I actually wrote that. Or maybe AI knew I was going to write that and wrote it for me... but, yeah... what R2 said.

by Anonymousreply 6September 29, 2024 3:10 PM

Is everyone above talking about Katy Perry’s album or Gaga’s? It’s not too clear. Sure, a 5-second search would reveal the answer, but it doesn’t really matter to me enough to bother. I’m going back to the Star Trek vs Star Wars thread.

by Anonymousreply 7September 29, 2024 3:27 PM

It’s just a fun covers album to go along with the Joker Movie. She also has a new pop album.

by Anonymousreply 8September 29, 2024 3:31 PM

[quote]It’s an album full of cliche standards

You mean "cliched." Cliche is a noun.

by Anonymousreply 9September 29, 2024 3:31 PM

I searched for this hoping I could post it and leave a shitty comment. However, I'm loving it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10September 29, 2024 3:33 PM

What an UGLY sound. Tony Bennett just rolled over in his grave. Lady Gaga rarely has any taste.

by Anonymousreply 11September 29, 2024 3:40 PM

r9 we know what he meant. Bitter hateful retired librarians are the bane of this site.

by Anonymousreply 12September 29, 2024 3:43 PM

Katy should pivot into killing nuns for hire. Or do OnlyFans.

by Anonymousreply 13September 29, 2024 10:28 PM

Can the Vadgebot stfu for a second? Jesus Christ.

by Anonymousreply 14September 29, 2024 10:30 PM

Both albums flopped but Katy's had less streams (6.6 million compared to Gaga's 7.1 million).

Katy is a joke but Gaga is a complete try hard. We'll see how Gaga's next pop album does for a real comparison.

by Anonymousreply 15September 29, 2024 10:33 PM

I like the Gaga album, it is in the spirit if the character. She has already shown her aplomb with standards. She's purposefully doing 60s Vegas songs.

by Anonymousreply 16September 30, 2024 12:02 AM

R16 Yeah but it’s awful.

It’s on the level of La Toya Jackson’s country cover album.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17September 30, 2024 5:28 AM

R15, Gaga’s just came out.

by Anonymousreply 18September 30, 2024 5:48 AM

These are songs that are were in the movie. Gaga didn't "pick" them. Apparently, she just wanted to do it as a little companion album to the soundtrack. It wasn't meant to be a big deal. She didn't release a single or make a video.

It is definitely not an album for me. I am not a fan of standards. But I appreciate that she's doing something a little different. She does really seem to love those old jazzy songs.

She also currently has the biggest song in the streaming world. And has for over a month. So there's that.

by Anonymousreply 19September 30, 2024 7:44 AM

Katy's had fewer streams, r15, not less streams.

by Anonymousreply 20September 30, 2024 8:03 AM

Will you cunts stop your cunting for one second. This song is kinda gorgeous so who cares about this tacky other "album"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21September 30, 2024 8:55 AM

She just performed this song from the jazz concept album on Jimmy Kimmel.

It's kinda beautiful. Feels almost like a rock song.

And she sang the hell out of it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22October 2, 2024 7:25 AM

I can see in R22 Gaga's long battle with Fibromyalgia has left her humpbacked and gimpy. How terrible for her. I liked the repurposing of her Morgellons fibres in the stage decoration, however. She's very brave.

by Anonymousreply 23October 2, 2024 9:06 AM

Katy’s album debuted at #6 on the charts.

This album is set to debut at #17. That’s pretty bad.

Katy’s doing bad but still not as bad as J. Lo.

by Anonymousreply 24October 2, 2024 11:47 AM

Zzzzzzz

by Anonymousreply 25October 2, 2024 11:56 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!