Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Harris plans to troll Trump over second debate during Alabama football game

When former President Donald Trump looks up from his seat in Bryant-Denny Stadium Saturday night during the Alabama-Georgia football game, he may see more than just 100,000 fans watching a high-stakes college football showdown. That’s because Vice President Kamala Harris plans to troll her opponent over his refusal to debate her for a second time — from the skies.

The Harris campaign has arranged to have a small plane fly over Tuscaloosa during the game with a banner declaring, “Trump’s Punting on 2nd Debate.”

It’s a challenge that won’t just be visible to those cheering on the Crimson Tide or the Georgia Bulldogs from the stands, a campaign official tells CNN. The Harris campaign will also air a national ad during one of the most highly anticipated games of college football where she calls on the former president to meet her on the debate stage one more time.

“Winners never back down from a challenge,” the ad’s narrator says. “Champions know it’s any time, any place. But losers, they whine and waffle and take their ball home.”

The vice president’s campaign has accepted CNN’s invitation for a second debate next month, but Trump has so far declined to accept, arguing the October 23 date is “too late” for another face-off because early voting has already started in some states. Both the 2020 and 2016 races included mid-October debates in which Trump participated.

Despite what he’s said publicly, Trump has privately flirted with the idea of meeting Harris on the debate stage one more time, sources tell CNN. Several of his advisers have argued that it could serve as a way to make his case to the American people that Harris has had more than four years in office to fulfill the campaign promises she’s making now, a message that some of Trump’s allies didn’t think he pushed hard enough when they debated earlier this month in Philadelphia.

But some of Trump’s advisers believe his mind is firmly made up that it won’t happen. The former president himself has said it could depend on his mood.

A second meeting could serve Harris as well. While several polls, including the New York Times-Sienna College, found that viewers overwhelmingly thought Harris beat Trump in the debate, it didn’t deliver a significant bump and the race has remained in a dead heat.

by Anonymousreply 18September 29, 2024 4:03 AM

I can't wait till Trump melts down on national TV, with the whole stadium looking at him! Priceless.

by Anonymousreply 1September 28, 2024 9:56 PM

[quote]The former president himself has said it could depend on his mood.

This is who you want in charge of the fucking country.

by Anonymousreply 2September 28, 2024 10:01 PM

Kamala, it works better when you catch your enemy by surprise. Don’t leak this shit.

by Anonymousreply 3September 28, 2024 10:15 PM

Kamala knows how to press Trumps buttons by now. I would be surprised if he was a no-show at the game, now.

by Anonymousreply 4September 28, 2024 10:29 PM

I take issue with the idea the debate didn't create a bump. It did. FL in play now. She leads in nearly every battleground state, and even TX is turning (not saying it will change this election) but something def happened and is in the air.

by Anonymousreply 5September 28, 2024 10:40 PM

FL is not in play. They are not even spending there anymore.

by Anonymousreply 6September 28, 2024 10:43 PM

R6 Um, DNC is rolling out a six-figure get out the vote in FL and TX -- announced just yesterday!

by Anonymousreply 7September 28, 2024 11:04 PM

People at the game will laugh at the attempt. Once again, there's an action that is only for the amusement of Democrats and has no effect on persuading anyone. It's Lincoln Project level tomfoolery.

by Anonymousreply 8September 28, 2024 11:18 PM

DNC for down ballot. Not the Harris/Weirdo ticket.

by Anonymousreply 9September 28, 2024 11:27 PM

R9 Its for top ticket on down

by Anonymousreply 10September 28, 2024 11:43 PM

OK. You're right. I'm sorry I was wrong. Kamala is going to win Florida by ten points.

by Anonymousreply 11September 28, 2024 11:45 PM

Glad you've seen the light, R11.

by Anonymousreply 12September 28, 2024 11:48 PM

R8 - you seem to be a little dense. The plane is for an audience of one. It's the LP strategy, too. Whenever an ad drops in Bedminster or Mar a Lago, Trump has a meltdown. Trump’s easily trolled and never fails to be baited.

by Anonymousreply 13September 29, 2024 12:51 AM

Hehehehehehe

by Anonymousreply 14September 29, 2024 12:52 AM

Too bad the game wasn't last weekend; Trump wouldn't have been able to stop himself from bringing it up in his presser with Zelensky.

by Anonymousreply 15September 29, 2024 1:04 AM

"If you got something to say... say it to my face". Ad was just on!

by Anonymousreply 16September 29, 2024 1:05 AM

For r8.

“I’m not falling into the trap,” @realDonaldTrump says—as he falls, yet again, into the trap.

Trump: All the stupid people said I fell into her trap. They said I fell into her trap. She can’t set a mental trap. I didn’t fall into her trap. There is no trap. I didn’t fall into her trap

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17September 29, 2024 3:57 AM

He’s such a fucking dumb ass!

by Anonymousreply 18September 29, 2024 4:03 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!