Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I feel so unnecessary

I just went outdoors and tried to pick up some limbs after the rain and wind we had yesterday. I only picked up a few limbs because my wrist is killing me. I have psoriatic arthritis and right now my left wrist is swollen and throbbing and hurting so bad I can’t stand it. I take painkillers. I’m on all kinds of treatment for the psoriatic arthritis but yet I can’t seem to get ahead all I want to do is clean up my yard so the mowers can come and mow next week but I can’t even do that today. Please send some encouragement to me. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 6September 28, 2024 7:51 PM

And are you tender to the touch, dear? It sounds like you might.

by Anonymousreply 1September 28, 2024 5:04 PM

Oh, who knows at this point? I feel so doomed today

by Anonymousreply 2September 28, 2024 5:05 PM

Being disabled doesn’t make you unnecessary.

Do what you can.

by Anonymousreply 3September 28, 2024 5:09 PM

OP, seriously look into HIGH dose CBD, with a tiny bit of THCA, will be a huge help with the arthritis. You can get pills from a dispensary if in a legal MJ state. Not sure what the access to CBD is in states where weed is illegal, as you need the tiny bit of THC to metabolize the CBD. But it's the best anti-inflammatory option with the least impact on your organ function.

by Anonymousreply 4September 28, 2024 5:11 PM

Maybe contact your mowing contractors, ask if they can do precleanup as well, offer them a little extra, and explain your medical condition to them. I'm sure they'll be happy to help given that.

You have a medical disability. This does not detract from your value as a person, just means you cant do some stuff. I'm sure that Einstein and many other great people of history were not able to do some basic things for themselves at some time in their lives too.

by Anonymousreply 5September 28, 2024 6:03 PM

R5 thank you for your words of wisdom.

R3 you too.

by Anonymousreply 6September 28, 2024 7:51 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!