Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lance Bass overheard Diddy telling Justin Timberlake to bail on NSYNC: ‘Drop These Fuckers!’

Don’t expect to see Lance Bass‘ name on the list of celebrities who’ve attended one of Sean “P. Diddy” Combs’ parties. The former *NSYNC singer and solo star told Andy Cohen on Watch What Happens Live on Wednesday night (Sept. 25) that after hearing something the disgraced Bad Boy mogul said when Diddy opened for *NSYNC on the group’s final tour in 2002 he had no interest in spending time with Combs.

“I never had time to go to a Diddy party,” said Bass, who added that he’d totally forgotten that Diddy had warmed up the stage for *NSYNC until the rapper/producer was arrested in New York on Sept. 16 and accused by prosecutors of operating a criminal enterprise centered on his “pervasive pattern of abuse toward women.” Diddy was been denied bail twice while awaiting trial on the three felony charges of sex trafficking and racketeering that could land him a life sentence.

“It’s kinda horrible, but never kinda liked him because the very last show in Orlando I overheard him talking to Justin [Timberlake] being like, ‘You need to drop these… effers! You need to go solo! And I was like, ‘I don’t like you anymore Diddy.’ I’m like, ‘at my own show? What the hell?'” said Bass.

Timberlake did, of course, go out on his own after *NSYNC went on hiatus in 2002 and has released six solo albums to date, including this year’s Everything I Thought It Was.

The Diddy story was ironic because elsewhere in the interview, Bass was asked by a caller about rumors of a possible *NSYNC reunion tour. “I can finally say we’re in talks right now, we’re actually talking,” Bass said to wild applause about the possibility that he will once again hit the stage with Timberlake, JC Chasez, Joey Fatone and Chris Kirkpatrick.

He added that the renewed interest has been sparked by the beloved boy band’s studio reunion last year for the Trolls Band Together soundtrack song “Better Place” — and Timberlake’s EITIW album track “Paradise” — as well as the catalog bump for the band thanks to the inclusion of the *NSYNC classic “Bye Bye Bye” in the opening credits sequence of Deadpool & Wolverine.

“We’d be stupid not to do something… just hold your breath just a little longer,” Bass teased. “It’s gonna take a little time, but I think something’s coming.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52September 30, 2024 10:16 PM

[quote]The former *NSYNC singer and solo star

On what planet is Lance Bass a “solo star”?

by Anonymousreply 1September 28, 2024 12:36 PM

Joey Fatone was always the hottest

by Anonymousreply 2September 28, 2024 12:49 PM

JT was legit cute. The rest were not.

by Anonymousreply 3September 28, 2024 12:53 PM

Bullshit, R3.

Justin was ugly.

JC was the best looking in the group.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4September 28, 2024 12:56 PM

Are we sure the F word he used was fuckers?

by Anonymousreply 5September 28, 2024 12:58 PM

Justin got lucky by dating Britney. He was cute enough and seen as the most stylish rocking cornrows and what not. But JC was the best looking and most vocally talented. DMV stand up.

by Anonymousreply 6September 28, 2024 1:20 PM

Also in the early 2000s, the media was obsessed with country people as long as they didn’t sound like complete hicks. Justin used to very much play up his country boy image and heritage.

by Anonymousreply 7September 28, 2024 1:27 PM

SLAP THEIR FACES, SLAP THEIR FACES VICIOUSLY!

by Anonymousreply 8September 28, 2024 1:29 PM

Was right though, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 9September 28, 2024 1:31 PM

So you were saying Diddy had some business acumen?

by Anonymousreply 10September 28, 2024 1:59 PM

Diddy : Drop these fuckers!

Lance: What? Can't understand you when your mouth is full.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11September 28, 2024 2:22 PM

You are missing the most important information from that appearance, Andy said he heard from Kelly Clarkson that JT had a huge cock and Lance grinned into the camera as if he had experienced it.

by Anonymousreply 12September 28, 2024 2:25 PM

Diddy was right. I remember Simon Cowell also saying around 2001 that Justin was the best of the group and should go solo.

by Anonymousreply 13September 28, 2024 3:10 PM

Timberlake has always looked like a hillbilly

by Anonymousreply 14September 28, 2024 3:29 PM

Lance Bass should be the poster-child for Plastic Surgery Gone Wrong

by Anonymousreply 15September 28, 2024 3:38 PM

Britney would say otherwise, r12.

by Anonymousreply 16September 28, 2024 3:41 PM

Pride version of Mr. Potato Head.

by Anonymousreply 17September 28, 2024 3:41 PM

R2 I like Joey cause I prefer meaty bears but JC was the best looking.

by Anonymousreply 18September 28, 2024 4:03 PM

It could be the age factor too. JC and nem were much older than Justin who was actually a teen. He was an adult but still a teen. I’m guessing Lance is the same age as Justin. Don’t feel like googling. But them other jokers were pushing 30 by like the year 2002 and I know Joey Fatone had to be early 30s around that time.

by Anonymousreply 19September 28, 2024 4:07 PM

How many gays in that group?

by Anonymousreply 20September 28, 2024 4:09 PM

And now JC is doing commercials for Meow Mix, Lance has his head up Lisa Vanderpump’s ass, and Justin is a boozebag.

by Anonymousreply 21September 28, 2024 4:14 PM

I've seen Lance consistently in the entertainment press, and on TV shows and podcasts, for the last twenty years. But it only now occurred to me that I can't think of one single paying job he's held in all that time. Are NSYNC residuals sufficient to live comfortably, or has Lance figured out how to earn a living just by being famous? (I was going to compare him to Zsa Zsa Gabor, but I realized she at least had her husbands/alimony to support her.)

by Anonymousreply 22September 28, 2024 4:18 PM

He probably invested wisely

by Anonymousreply 23September 28, 2024 4:20 PM

R23 That and they get paid when they appear on the gigs mentioned in r22’s post. None of them have JT’s money but Nysync sold a lot of fkin records and merchandise plus huge touring acts. I believe they are the best selling male group after the Beatles.

by Anonymousreply 24September 28, 2024 4:23 PM

Here's the clip. He does say, "effers", which makes me think it was "fuckers". I thought it might have been "fags", too, at first.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25September 28, 2024 4:24 PM

Lance is one of those lucky people who has made money and remained semi-relevant for decades despite having zero talent or abilities.

by Anonymousreply 26September 28, 2024 4:55 PM

I think he meant to say was "Drop these faggots."

by Anonymousreply 27September 28, 2024 5:09 PM

Can he blame him? The only talented and good looking one was Justin.

by Anonymousreply 28September 28, 2024 5:12 PM

R26 He is a very talented dancer and great background vocalist.

by Anonymousreply 29September 28, 2024 5:12 PM

Not good looking r28, unless you are into inbred hillbillies

by Anonymousreply 30September 28, 2024 5:15 PM

It's a bad thing to overhear but - every boy or girl group has one main singer and the rest are seen as glorified background dancers/singers. Every single one.

They had to have expected this? 90% of their songs were led by Justin. JC did a few - but I can't recall any other songs led by any of the other 3.

by Anonymousreply 31September 28, 2024 5:17 PM

R30 = Michael Turchin

by Anonymousreply 32September 28, 2024 5:20 PM

[quote] The only talented and good looking one was Justin.

JC was the best singer in the group and arguably better looking than Justina.

by Anonymousreply 33September 28, 2024 5:23 PM

R31 you are generally correct but not TLC or the Beatles.

by Anonymousreply 34September 28, 2024 5:23 PM

R33 - that's the truth but Justin wanted the fame more. Also I believe JC is gay - there's just no real female relationships and he hung out with a lot of gay guys for awhile there.

Justin's career was really helped by Brittany - who both JC and Justin knew from Mickey Mouse Club. Brittany was the biggest star on the planet - it really helped his solo career to be associated with that. Sort of the same with Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber.

I've always thought Justin was just run of the mill, generic straight white guy douche bag with an overinflated ego.

by Anonymousreply 35September 28, 2024 5:45 PM

R33 Yet he only had 1 disc post NSYNC

by Anonymousreply 36September 28, 2024 5:47 PM

JC didn't have the confidence to be a star. Probably due to being closeted.

by Anonymousreply 37September 28, 2024 5:52 PM

JC doesn’t pinged to me, sorry he just doesn’t. Justin is like most in Hollywood— a bisexual opportunist.

by Anonymousreply 38September 28, 2024 5:54 PM

R37 - apparently in his bio, he was adopted by Mennonites at 5 years old? Living in that environment and going into entertainment must have been a weird clash.

JC gives major gay vibes. R38's gaydar needs new batteries.

by Anonymousreply 39September 28, 2024 5:58 PM

For one him named his debut album Schizophrenic. What A&R exec signed off that madness, no pun intended. Lawd.

by Anonymousreply 40September 28, 2024 6:01 PM

R39 He doesn’t ping. He’s fine but he just didn’t ping to me. He may very well be gay. A lot of gay guys nowadays don’t ping.

by Anonymousreply 41September 28, 2024 6:02 PM

Who was that celebrity/ actor, known for being a drug-addled drunk loser, who went off on Joey Fatone, calling him "Hey! FAT ONE!"?

by Anonymousreply 42September 28, 2024 6:03 PM

R42 I don’t know but it sounds like something Andy Dick would do.

by Anonymousreply 43September 28, 2024 6:04 PM

I think it was Andy Dick.

by Anonymousreply 44September 28, 2024 6:06 PM

Is he a lesbian now?

by Anonymousreply 45September 28, 2024 6:12 PM

You have to hand it to Lance, he's done fuck-all nothing in terms of work for 20-plus years but he's always been in the media.

by Anonymousreply 46September 28, 2024 6:21 PM

R46 - he had a popular Sirius XM radio show for many years.

He and Michael bought a house around the corner from my old house in Palm Springs - apparently they've been very nice neighbors.

by Anonymousreply 47September 28, 2024 6:23 PM

R47 you see I didn’t know that. People always want to talk shit about celebs just because you don’t see them in the limelight. And then talk shit about celebs who won’t leave the limelight. But it’s especially irritating how gay men bash other out gay men for no reason.

by Anonymousreply 48September 28, 2024 6:27 PM

She don’t look right.

by Anonymousreply 49September 28, 2024 6:31 PM

NSYNC, Britney etc. ruined pop music. It all went to shit in the late 90s.

by Anonymousreply 50September 28, 2024 6:37 PM

R37 JC wanted to do his own thing. He wanted to write, produce and own his own masters and publishing rights. He wanted to be Prince but he was not where near as talented, He could have just signed with a label and churned out pop like Justin but he didn't go that route and it cost him.

by Anonymousreply 51September 29, 2024 1:33 AM

The Backstreet Boys were a lot hotter. It took adult maturity to recognize this.

by Anonymousreply 52September 30, 2024 10:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!