Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why did Rita Hayworth never get a major biopic?

There would’ve been a lot to explore in her life. Her fame, her abusive relationship with her father, her ethnicity, her makeover/transformation into Rita Hayworth, Gilda, her marriages, and her disease. I’m kinda surprised it never happened.

by Anonymousreply 15September 28, 2024 3:36 AM

Excuse me?

by Anonymousreply 1September 27, 2024 11:11 PM

If you know you know, but don't spoil it for those who don't know.

by Anonymousreply 2September 27, 2024 11:24 PM

What famous redhead might play her?

And I don't mean Lucy.

Cate? Chastain? Bryce Dallas?

by Anonymousreply 3September 27, 2024 11:27 PM

Gabourey Sidibe.

by Anonymousreply 4September 27, 2024 11:29 PM

Bio-pic SUCK

by Anonymousreply 5September 27, 2024 11:44 PM

Other than Gilda, I don’t think most of her movies are remembered and even Gilda is mostly forgotten today unless you’re a film buff.

There’s a lot of Old Hollywood stars who should’ve had biopics but unfortunately many are now forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 6September 27, 2024 11:47 PM

R6 for a movie from the 1940s, I’d say Gilda is still pretty popular. There’s The Lady from Shanghai.

by Anonymousreply 7September 27, 2024 11:52 PM

There’s also*

by Anonymousreply 8September 27, 2024 11:52 PM

Lynda Carter played her.

by Anonymousreply 9September 28, 2024 1:59 AM

Rita was one of the big three pin-up glamour girls of the war-time era, along with Lana Turner and Betty Grable. Hayworth's life was interesting enough to warrant a major movie. And Rita's certainly remembered by classic movie fans.

by Anonymousreply 10September 28, 2024 2:10 AM

She got "Mulholland Drive," which was better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11September 28, 2024 2:10 AM

Many straight guys love THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION (1994), in which Tim Robbins plays a Rita Hayworth fan, even hanging up her pin-up posters in his cell wall.

In fact, the name of the Stephen King novella the film is based on is called RITA HAYWORTH AND THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12September 28, 2024 2:14 AM

The gal gave good face.

by Anonymousreply 13September 28, 2024 2:40 AM

I could see Ana De Armas playing her.

by Anonymousreply 14September 28, 2024 3:02 AM

She forgot to ask.

by Anonymousreply 15September 28, 2024 3:36 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!