Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How to accept being constantly hungry and unsatisfied for the rest of my life?

I read this post where someone said they’ve made peace with the idea that they’ll have to restrict calories forever, and, honestly, I guess that’s what I’m supposed to do too. Just accept that the rest of my life is going to be about feeling hungry and unsatisfied. Like, constantly. It’s not even 24/7 - it’s more like every second, all the time, just thinking about food.

I tell myself to stop eating because, really, what’s the point? It’s not like I’m going to feel satisfied anyway. But I could easily eat five to seven times what’s considered “okay” for me in terms of calories, and I can’t let that happen. Not anymore.

It’s not even about the macros or nutrients - they’re fine. It’s just... I never feel full. I’m always hungry, and when I overeat, I feel like crap. When I sit there, hungry as hell, I feel like crap too. It’s a lose-lose situation. This is my personal hell. I’ve got to figure out how to live with it.

by Anonymousreply 54September 28, 2024 12:06 PM

Some Essential Support Text for you:

Polyphagia (hyperphagia) is a feeling of extreme, insatiable hunger. It's a common sign of diabetes, but it can have other medical causes, such as hyperthyroidism and atypical depression. It's important to see a healthcare provider if you're experiencing polyphagia.

by Anonymousreply 1September 27, 2024 10:13 PM

Girl, get on Ozempic, it helps with this.

Otherwise, just do whatever you can to stay as healthy as possible. Walking, light weightlifting. Tell yourself — because it’s actually true — that it’s fine to be fat but it’s not fine to be lazy.

Trust me though, skinny people are no happier than you.

You will be okay, OP.

by Anonymousreply 2September 27, 2024 10:15 PM

Get over your cheap self.

by Anonymousreply 3September 27, 2024 10:16 PM

Go on a semaglutide and shut up.

by Anonymousreply 4September 27, 2024 10:18 PM

You have to get on Ozempic or Mounjaro. I have no hunger throughout the entire day. I have to remind myself to eat sometimes because it’s been 16 hours since I even thought about food.

by Anonymousreply 5September 27, 2024 10:19 PM

I condole you, OP. Sincerely.

by Anonymousreply 6September 27, 2024 10:20 PM

Whenever I see an animal I realize that that animal is hungry, and instead of being an aberration or a pathology hunger is the default state of animal life and feeling satiated is just a transient experience that punctuates hunger.

by Anonymousreply 7September 27, 2024 10:22 PM

I’ve noticed if I just go 2-3 days with no sugar I stop craving just about everything outside of mealtimes.

by Anonymousreply 8September 27, 2024 10:23 PM

It's not that deep.

by Anonymousreply 9September 27, 2024 10:24 PM

Fiber is the key to feeling full. Start taking Metamucil in the morning. Drink plenty of water. Eat half a grapefruit or an apple before breakfast and lunch. Have a green salad big enough to feed four people. If this doesn’t help, see a doctor.

by Anonymousreply 10September 27, 2024 10:25 PM

Keep apples and carrots on hand. If you're feeling snackish, ask yourself if you'd want to eat either. If not, you're not actually hungry and are just eating emotionally. Go for a walk around the block or something to distract yourself.

If you are actually hungry, eat as much as you want, you won't be able to eat that many before the fiber fills you up.

by Anonymousreply 11September 27, 2024 10:30 PM

Or just say fuck it and eat a pizza.

by Anonymousreply 12September 27, 2024 10:30 PM

r10, the OP doesn’t sound like a salad guy to me.

by Anonymousreply 13September 27, 2024 10:35 PM

Just savor the empty feeling in your stomach the same way you'd do the burn in your muscles during a workout.

by Anonymousreply 14September 27, 2024 10:35 PM

Not everything needs to be delicious, and it's a decadent mind that believes it should. Learn to eat simple things slowly and don't resent hunger. It's just a passing sensation. You're not going to fucking starve to death because your belly rumbles a couple times a day.

by Anonymousreply 15September 27, 2024 10:36 PM

The only thing that has been shown to work is the weekly injection.

by Anonymousreply 16September 27, 2024 10:37 PM

I think it's important to eat SLOWLY, and drink plenty of liquid, preferably water. My grandmother never had an ounce of fat on her and she at like a sloth, and never went back for seconds because 1 plate was plenty. "If I have to hurry I'd rather not eat." Lived to 99, RIP.

by Anonymousreply 17September 27, 2024 10:38 PM

OP add me on Facebook.

by Anonymousreply 18September 27, 2024 10:42 PM

Coffee and cigs, babe.

by Anonymousreply 19September 27, 2024 10:47 PM

The biggest mental thing that lead to my weight loss was the realization that I wasn't eating to stop feeling hungry, but that I was eating so I wouldn't feel hungry and really never allowed myself to feel hunger at all. Lots of things clicked into place after that.

by Anonymousreply 20September 27, 2024 10:49 PM

Bitch just skip to the end of this movie and get on Wegovy. Ignore these bitches and just get on semiglutide.

by Anonymousreply 21September 27, 2024 10:50 PM

You sound weak, OP. Plenty of indigenous South American languages don’t have any words or concepts for “hunger.” Asking “are you hungry” is like asking “do you need some air to breathe.”

by Anonymousreply 22September 27, 2024 10:51 PM

Don't listen to people telling you this is normal. This is a medical issue. It could be diabetes, hyperthyroidism, depression, a food addiction, a vagus nerve issue, or all kinds of things. You should not be insatiably hungry. Time to see the doctor, OP.

by Anonymousreply 23September 27, 2024 10:53 PM

I don’t qualify for semaglutide because I’m at a healthy body weight.

by Anonymousreply 24September 27, 2024 10:55 PM

I 100% relate to OP. For the “it’s not that deep” crowd, you’re just as ignorant as straights who think being gay isn’t innate.

I’ve struggled more than I care to admit. I started on Zepbound about six weeks ago and I really haven’t been feeling hunger at all, although I do still sometimes crave food at night.

by Anonymousreply 25September 27, 2024 10:55 PM

This very issue may be the cause of my ennui and depression.

Can’t really enjoy food ever again. Life’s joy is removed by aging into a body that requires abstinence.

by Anonymousreply 26September 27, 2024 10:59 PM

OP I was like you once.

Then I was prescribed Wellbutrin for depression.

IT SHUT IT OFF. It shut the hungry voice off. And it made me more energetic than I’ve been in years. It’s basically an upper.

I just lost interest in food. Looking at food does nothing for me now. I am satisfied eating extremely small portions. I bought a regular sized roast beef sub the other day with a cookie. I could only eat half of the sandwich and half of the cookie. After I reach a certain point while eating, the hunger goes away. Even looking at what I’m eating after the hunger goes away, repulses me a little. I do not desire to eat, and I have all the energy in the world (I cannot drink coffee or soda anymore).

I lost forty pounds in a matter of months, without exercising. Because i now had so much energy, I started exercising. I am down another ten pounds and an with fifteen pounds of my goal weight.

The moral of my story is:

Do not give up until you try drugs.

by Anonymousreply 27September 27, 2024 11:03 PM

Just give in and be a Fat Whore.

Life is short.

by Anonymousreply 28September 27, 2024 11:04 PM

When you say no to that snack, you say yes to new clothes!

by Anonymousreply 29September 27, 2024 11:07 PM

[quote] I don’t qualify for semaglutide because I’m at a healthy body weight.

Wait, bitch ... what?

Bye.

by Anonymousreply 30September 27, 2024 11:15 PM

You can star in ads for the Hefty Hideaway!

by Anonymousreply 31September 27, 2024 11:16 PM

OP, Do you have a philtrum?

If not, check out Willi-Prader Syndrome. One symptom is perpetual hunger.

by Anonymousreply 32September 27, 2024 11:27 PM

OP just FYI this DOES NOT WORK FOR EVERYONE. It’s an antidepressant and also used to quit smoking. This is a side effect for SOME PEOPLE. It basically works like Ozempic but this is covered by my insurance. Ozempic you have to pay out of pocket.

Now is the perfect time to try it because it’s also used to treat Seasonal Affective Depression, when people get depressed because the days are becoming shorter. Just tell your doctor you have SAD, try it out and see if it works. If it doesn’t, try Ozempic.

Also:

The is an UPPER and I had to start taking adderall to counteract the hyperactivity. Additionally, I need to take a CBD gummy if I want to fall asleep.

by Anonymousreply 33September 27, 2024 11:30 PM

R27, R33, isn’t Adderall also an upper (that’s said to curb hunger)?

by Anonymousreply 34September 27, 2024 11:37 PM

OP Sorry we can't relate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35September 27, 2024 11:39 PM

"Fiber is the key to feeling full. Start taking Metamucil in the morning. Drink plenty of water. Eat half a grapefruit or an apple before breakfast and lunch. Have a green salad big enough to feed four people. If this doesn’t help, see a doctor. "

I think OP is describing something beyond physical hunger. Clearly eating is his thing as a coping mechanism. All the nutrition info in the world won't matter. He'll still crave food.

by Anonymousreply 36September 27, 2024 11:40 PM

If you don't/can't take Ozempic/Mounjaro, then water, more water, and then high fiber/low calorie foods - oatmeal, beans, popcorn (without butter/salt).

Yeah I know dull, but better than felling like you are starving.

by Anonymousreply 37September 27, 2024 11:41 PM

Normal weight my ass.

by Anonymousreply 38September 27, 2024 11:42 PM

R8 hit it right on the head.

It’s sugar. Sugar!

When you consume protein, fat and sugar together, the body takes the “easy way out”, and starts burning sugar, because it requires the least amount of energy of the three macro-groups. The body burns the sugar, and leaves the protein (which is not a bad thing) and the fat (which can be a bad thing), behind. Protein will eventually move to your muscles, but the fat, if not burned off fairly quickly, will go to your waist line, ass, hips… you get the picture.

Hence, Keto. Protein, healthy fats, and NO sugar in ALL its forms. R8 is spot on.

by Anonymousreply 39September 27, 2024 11:51 PM

OP Ask your doctor about this, insatiable hunger probably is an easily treated medical condition. Being a whiny bore you will have to bear as your true "personal hell".

by Anonymousreply 40September 27, 2024 11:51 PM

OP, I am a fat whore. I am fat because I overeat. I am eating and considering what I want to eat next and if I don't have a full kitchen I get borderline panicky. I will buy food before I will pay a bill with money that should go to that bill. Food is one of the first things I think about in the morning and last at night. I am almost never eating because I am hungry.

If you are eating the way that I do BECAUSE you're hungry, you need to see a doctor - for real. There are valid medical conditions that can contribute to that.

If you are eating the way that I do and you are actually NOT hungry all the time but trick yourself into thinking that's why you're eating all the time you need to see a psychiatrist (and I told you all that ugly embarrassing stuff about myself so that hopefully you will take this as kind, caring advice rather than thinking I am making fun of you)

by Anonymousreply 41September 28, 2024 12:25 AM

Adderall, caffeine. I’ve learned not to deny myself anything because then I obsess. If I want bologna sandwich I have one. But as a rule I don’t keep anything around that’s easy to eat. No snacks, bread, peanut butter, cookies, candy…most everything has to be cooked. I don’t eat that much as a rule but I’m on anti depressants so I am perpetually chubby.

by Anonymousreply 42September 28, 2024 12:30 AM

Find a nutritionist that will prescribe you cakes.

by Anonymousreply 43September 28, 2024 12:32 AM

Drugs? There’s zero calories in them.

by Anonymousreply 44September 28, 2024 12:37 AM

OP, Talenti pistachio gelato helps.

by Anonymousreply 45September 28, 2024 1:05 AM

This is the saddest thread on DL.

Eat a fucking cookie, freaks.

by Anonymousreply 46September 28, 2024 1:25 AM

You are likely eating primarily hyper-processed foods with minimal nutrition so your brain is telling you are always hungry. Try to eat less carbs and sugar and processed foods.

by Anonymousreply 47September 28, 2024 1:39 AM

OP - look up anabolic recipes, anabolic cooking, etc. on youtube - the whole point of that stuff is to be extremely filling while low calorie.

by Anonymousreply 48September 28, 2024 1:47 AM

OP, go on a semen diet. When you see men, go for it.

by Anonymousreply 49September 28, 2024 4:03 AM

R46 - “ This is the saddest thread on DL. Eat a fucking cookie, freaks.”

Yeah, right, Ms Sylvia… 😳

First of all, Ms. Sylvia comments like she is as wide as the Grand Canyon. Obviously, Ms. Sylvia has no idea about the effects of sugar and other macro nutrients in the body.

Stay fat, you obnoxious and aloof, fat fucker.

by Anonymousreply 50September 28, 2024 6:29 AM

r41 group therapy is an excellent idea!

Please see a doctor, OP.

by Anonymousreply 51September 28, 2024 7:16 AM

OP, get your doctor to investigate having diabetes and the other conditions listed above, as well as insulin resistance.

by Anonymousreply 52September 28, 2024 8:30 AM

OP, I've found R8's strategy very effective--no sugar or junk food, and the ravenous, constant hunger will subside. Also agree with R42 that nor having convenience foods in the house reduces the likelihood of overeating and especially impulse eating.

Air-popped popcorn with a drizzle of olive oil is a filling, tasty snack; the combination of fiber and fat will quell hunger for hours.

Good luck--

by Anonymousreply 53September 28, 2024 11:56 AM

If you’re overeating but you’re maintaining a normal weight, then what’s the problem? Maybe you have a tapeworm.

by Anonymousreply 54September 28, 2024 12:06 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!