Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Apartment 7A streaming — poorly reviewed

The main criticism is, it’s just a rehash of RB without the sense of shock.

I would watch it anyway because I love Julia Garner and horror, and am a RB superfan, but I don’t have paramount plus, and it’s an eye watering $20 on Amazon. Nope. I’ll wait til it’s $7.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 4, 2024 7:38 AM

Is it a sequel to Apartment 3G?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 27, 2024 5:51 PM

Yes Rose it has nothing to do with rosemary’s baby at all!

by Anonymousreply 2September 27, 2024 6:52 PM

I just realized I can watch it for free as I get paramount plus through my Amazon account. I will watch and report back.

by Anonymousreply 3September 27, 2024 11:11 PM

Is this a miniseries? Anyone watch the Zoe Zaldana version a few years back. I didn’t but I know it took place in Paris.

by Anonymousreply 4September 27, 2024 11:16 PM

SPOILERS. Huge disappointment. Rosemary's Baby is one of my favorite movies so I was looking forward to this prequel but it's just clunky. They could have created a much better backstory for Terry. There's no meeting in the laundry room between Terry and Rosemary so there's no indication that they've met. We do see a young, slim blonde woman in pigtails pass Terry in the laundry and we assume it's Rosemary EXCEPT Mrs. Gardenia (the previous tenant in Guy and Rosemary's apartment) is still alive so they haven't moved into the building yet. They do recreate the scene where Minnie and Roman see Rosemary for the first time. SPOILER. Terry jumps out of the window after dancing to BE MY BABY in front of the coven. Oy.

by Anonymousreply 5September 28, 2024 5:06 AM

Dianne Weist seems to have been given a note to behave nothing like Ruth Gordon did in the original movie. Her Minnie is much more aggressive with Terry than the character was with Rosemary, and speaks with a very strong New York accent.

by Anonymousreply 6September 28, 2024 5:14 AM

Ruth had a very strong New York accent so there’s that. The original is so good because of the nuance way in which the sinister characters creep up on you. Even the husband. One is not quite sure he is fucked up until it just becomes obvious. The original is one of my favorite films.

by Anonymousreply 7September 28, 2024 5:52 AM

R4 there was a DL thread about that series at the time. James Marsden played the John Cassavetes role.

by Anonymousreply 8September 28, 2024 6:37 AM

You can play ugly really well, just don't go for the pretty girl roles. No one with eyesight will believe you.

by Anonymousreply 9October 4, 2024 5:01 AM

“Nuance” is a noun, Teacake. You meant “nuanced” - an adjective.

Or are the rules different in AAVE?

by Anonymousreply 10October 4, 2024 5:10 AM

It's kind of a bummer when you know how it ends. It was an interesting dive into a forced pregnancy situation during these times but it was really nothing more than a wonderfully art directed snore.

by Anonymousreply 11October 4, 2024 5:28 AM

R3 I didn't know I can get Paramount+ for free with Amazon Prime!

by Anonymousreply 12October 4, 2024 7:38 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!