Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

NAD+ Injections to reverse aging

Has anyone done this? There are lot of info out there about benefits: slows signs of aging, supports metabolic function and assists in weight loss, reduces chronic pain, supports cognitive function, increased energy, reduced anxiety and depression.

The IV injections are expensive. But there are pills and nasal inhalers that are much more affordable.

It basically restores the NAD levels that decline over time that help in cell repair and rejuvenation. It looks pretty remarkable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 1, 2024 5:06 AM

I was just researching this last week, though I could never afford it. I'm sure the celebs and the rich fuckers are all on it. You can bet Thiel is loaded up to the gills with it.

by Anonymousreply 1September 27, 2024 4:50 AM

R1 -OP here- I'm doing research on it now as I type. Apparently NMN which is the precursor to NAD is easier and much cheaper as a supplement. I'm watching a lot of youtube videos and people are almost unanimous in the results.

More specifically taking nmn and tmg. Some people are taking NR - but NR turns into NMN so may as well just start with NMN.

I can't do $400 injections frequently. But I'm going to try a 30 day pill supply for $50-$60. The injections are being promoted by all the syringe medical places - so of course they want to make big bucks.

by Anonymousreply 2September 27, 2024 5:33 AM

I go the pills and supplement route, taking 1 gm of NMN along with apigenin daily to raise my levels . ( I even bought some NMN cat treats for our elderly cat this week). The company I like and buy from is Renue by Science. They offer a lot of different NAD+ enhancing products, including a nasal spray.

by Anonymousreply 3September 27, 2024 5:34 AM

Hmm, full kit is approx $260 CDN / month. Do you actually notice any difference or are you just maintaining?

by Anonymousreply 4September 30, 2024 4:12 AM

MEH. It's been around awhile and if it was the magic pill we hear much more about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5September 30, 2024 4:22 AM

Is NAD short for GONAD? (I'm only being half facetious, since Gonadatropin has sometimes been used for various anti-aging reasons, as has Human Growth Hromone (somatotropin).

by Anonymousreply 6September 30, 2024 8:27 AM

[quote]NAD

Uhhuhhuhhuh, you said [italic]nad.

by Anonymousreply 7September 30, 2024 9:59 AM

Now a warning…

by Anonymousreply 8September 30, 2024 10:03 AM

Oh jeez....Who's going to fall for this crap.

by Anonymousreply 9September 30, 2024 10:07 AM

[quote] Who's going to fall for this crap.

People who do research by watching YouTube videos, that's who.

by Anonymousreply 10September 30, 2024 10:17 AM

[quote]Brad Stanfield, M.D. says he no longer takes nicotinamide mononucleotide (NMN) or nicotinamide riboside (NR) because the human data is lacking, [bold]so instead he takes NAD+ precursor niacin.[/bold]

r5 You just need to be careful with niacin (vitamin B3) because you can overdose on it. You also need to take into account that there has been mandatory fortification of wheat and other cereals with niacin since WWII because of the horrible pellagra epidemic in the first half of the previous century. So depending on what you eat, you might be getting enough of it already.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11September 30, 2024 12:13 PM

No OP. niacin metabolites in high doses will not slow aging.

by Anonymousreply 12September 30, 2024 1:34 PM

Better get a guarantee in writing before you give them a penny. Look carefully at the fine print.

by Anonymousreply 13September 30, 2024 1:44 PM

Sounds like another graft to me, I think I'll get right on it!

by Anonymousreply 14September 30, 2024 3:28 PM

My nads itch.

by Anonymousreply 15October 1, 2024 3:45 AM

I took NAD injections for long COVID symptoms but they had limited impact, if any.

by Anonymousreply 16October 1, 2024 4:02 AM

Millennials will not grow old. Their only identity is being young.

by Anonymousreply 17October 1, 2024 5:06 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!