Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Let’s Be THE NUN’S STORY (1959)

I’m Pride and Disobedience, always Pride and Disobedience.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19September 26, 2024 7:03 PM

I’m the unbalanced native who clubs the one sister to death to stop the spirit of my dead wife from haunting me.

by Anonymousreply 1September 26, 2024 3:18 PM

You are a whoooooooo ooooooooo oooooo.ooooooooo oooooo oooo ooo oo..... ore.

CONFESS!!!!

by Anonymousreply 2September 26, 2024 3:20 PM

I’m the Archangel.

by Anonymousreply 3September 26, 2024 3:28 PM

I'm me with a crush on homely-hot Peter Finch in his prime.

by Anonymousreply 4September 26, 2024 3:33 PM

i'm Audrey bald headed!

by Anonymousreply 5September 26, 2024 3:34 PM

I’m Beatrice Straight before Poltergeist AND Barbara O’Neil after GWTW

by Anonymousreply 6September 26, 2024 3:41 PM

Hated that film and was so glad when she left-in spite of the dated outfit.

by Anonymousreply 7September 26, 2024 3:43 PM

I’m the white hospital where Sister Luc doesn’t want to go to.

by Anonymousreply 8September 26, 2024 3:56 PM

I’m the beautiful shots of Brugge.

by Anonymousreply 9September 26, 2024 5:22 PM

I loved this movie, even though I have no love for the Catholic Church or nuns. You'd never see a movie made like this today. I felt sad for the nun that realized she wasn't cut out to be a nun - where does one go after flunking out of nun school? Even in present day, I knew an uber-catholic family who proudly sent their son off to the seminary only to have him leave after a year. They were devastated and the guy left the area (joined the military, or something). It was kind of sad, because the family clearly considered the whole thing an embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 10September 26, 2024 5:25 PM

R10 I felt glad for her because she realized that her sense of self was stronger than her beliefs. That’s the atheist in me I guess. They treated her terribly, especially when they were mad that she didn’t fail her exams to please the ego of the older nursing nun, who was a cunt. And she couldn’t even leave when the Nazis harmed her family? Sheeeeeeit, I am surprised that she didn’t leave skid marks when she left.

by Anonymousreply 11September 26, 2024 5:35 PM

I am the lesbian writing about the woman I love

by Anonymousreply 12September 26, 2024 5:41 PM

Well, yes, you're right R11; I just meant that particularly for the poor/people of modest mean, having a nun (or even better - a priest!) is a source of honor and failing at that job would be source of disgrace and where does one go after that. But maybe she lived her best life, went to Paris and became a cancan girl, showing her ass after night.

by Anonymousreply 13September 26, 2024 5:41 PM

I’m the refunded dowry; you MUST take me.

by Anonymousreply 14September 26, 2024 5:46 PM

I’m the vow of silence.

by Anonymousreply 15September 26, 2024 5:47 PM

R14 I know of some Catholic acquaintances who have siblings who entered the convent or priesthood. They were held in reverence by their parents.

Isn’t this the film that Audrey decided to do instead of the titular role in THE DIARY OF ANNE FRANK?

by Anonymousreply 16September 26, 2024 5:49 PM

R16, Audrey declined the Anne Frank role. She said she was too old to play it.

by Anonymousreply 17September 26, 2024 6:13 PM

I’m Colleen Dewhurst in my first role-crazy woman prisoner.

by Anonymousreply 18September 26, 2024 6:19 PM

I’m breaking The Grand Silence…again…

by Anonymousreply 19September 26, 2024 7:03 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!