Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Azealia Banks: "Janet is the Queen of Pop"

Miss Banks tweeted the following:

"I can definitely say I've never ever , not a single time in my life been influenced by or inspired by Madonna. I know like three Madonna songs and not on purpose. I really do not get the hype. I've been more influenced by beyonce Janet and chaka than Madonna."

"I'm sorry. No way In hell we're about to keep this crunchy old white coochie worship going . Somebody has to say it... Madonna is not and never was giving what yall thought it gave. JANET JACKSON is really the true queen of pop so sorry go argue with ur mom"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78September 29, 2024 11:07 PM

I'm always grateful when this important and highly respected artist weighs in.

by Anonymousreply 1September 26, 2024 2:42 PM

[quote] argue with ur mom

Sorry, can't take seriously anyone who says "ur"

by Anonymousreply 2September 26, 2024 2:42 PM

Girls, girls, you’re both hasbeens.

by Anonymousreply 3September 26, 2024 2:48 PM

Celia Rubenstein was a friend to all mankind…..

WHO???!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 4September 26, 2024 2:52 PM

Azealia -- Girl, just because that wasn't YOUR experience doesn't negate other people's experience. Let people admire who they want.

by Anonymousreply 5September 26, 2024 2:57 PM

Perhaps if she was influenced by Madonna she would have had a more successful career.

by Anonymousreply 6September 26, 2024 3:00 PM

Janet's streams are in the gutter. People hype her up to spite Madonna but don't listen to her music.

by Anonymousreply 7September 26, 2024 3:02 PM

she's inspired by Madonna enough to run her mouth about Madonna.to get ink and attention, She's inspired to suck up to Janet Jackson, who probably doesn't give two shits about her and maybe even questions if she's really black.

by Anonymousreply 8September 26, 2024 3:04 PM

[quote]I've been more influenced by beyonce Janet and chaka than Madonna.

[quote]No way In hell we're about to keep this crunchy old white coochie worship going .

Hmm. I see what's going on here.

by Anonymousreply 9September 26, 2024 3:04 PM

I always think it's hilarious when never-was types think you care about who inspired them.

by Anonymousreply 10September 26, 2024 3:06 PM

It was not Haitian immigrants, it was Azealia Banks!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11September 26, 2024 3:32 PM

Before Madonna, record companies did not invest nearly as much in their female artists as they did their male artists. Madonna's rise changed that. So even if she isn't influenced by her musically, Madonna walked so someone like Azealia could even be taken seriously. Also, she knows only three Madonna songs? That's not the case for other people in the rest of the world. Black and white Americans need to remember that America is not the world.

by Anonymousreply 12September 26, 2024 3:35 PM

[quote] JANET JACKSON is really the true queen of pop so sorry go argue with ur mom"

LMFAO Janet can't be the queen when she's only like the fifteenth highest selling female artist of all time. Madonna, Mariah, Celine and Whitney (and now Taylor) all can claim to be queens of pop at one point or another. Janet cannot.

by Anonymousreply 13September 26, 2024 3:37 PM

She can't name more than three Madonna songs? I can't name a single Azealia Banks song. Who is this stupid bitch?

by Anonymousreply 14September 26, 2024 3:44 PM

Azalea Banks is NUTS

by Anonymousreply 15September 26, 2024 3:46 PM

Azalea is bipolar. A few months ago, she posted about how Lady Gaga is trash because she has insulted several artists including Madonna who Azalea referred to as the "queen of reinvention". Apparently, her opinion has reversed now.

by Anonymousreply 16September 26, 2024 3:47 PM

In case you have any doubts about how much of a derelict, this dumb basic bitch is......

She's voting for Dump in 2024

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17September 26, 2024 3:49 PM

This person barely ever had a music career. She is much more (in)famous for trying to start online beefs with anyone she can.

by Anonymousreply 18September 26, 2024 3:52 PM

She is the female Kanye.

by Anonymousreply 19September 26, 2024 3:52 PM

She was praising Madonna when dragging Gaga just a few months ago...she is a nutcase

by Anonymousreply 20September 26, 2024 4:10 PM

Has Jane or Michael commented?

by Anonymousreply 21September 26, 2024 4:16 PM

Racism is unacceptable no matter which race is targeted.

by Anonymousreply 22September 26, 2024 4:23 PM

R22, agreed. Imagine how pissed she'd get if people talked about HER crusty coochie.

by Anonymousreply 23September 26, 2024 4:57 PM

R22, blacks can’t be racist, dumb cracker.

by Anonymousreply 24September 26, 2024 5:00 PM

R6 I dare you to tweet that at her. Report back!

by Anonymousreply 25September 26, 2024 5:50 PM

"I can name three songs by Madonna". That is clearly her just trying to get Madge to respond. Even AB doesn't believe her own shit talking.

by Anonymousreply 26September 26, 2024 6:38 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 27September 26, 2024 10:55 PM

But one old white bitch who definitely influenced and inspired Azalea was Frances Farmer!

by Anonymousreply 28September 26, 2024 10:59 PM

She may be BiPolar, but she AF is BPD!

by Anonymousreply 29September 26, 2024 11:04 PM

I'm not fond of either one. But unlike Janet, you have to admit Madonna made it on talent and sheer determination. Janet's whole nepo-based "career" is due to her family name and big brother Michael's connections in the music industry.

by Anonymousreply 30September 27, 2024 12:02 AM

R24 You say that as though it's an unassailable fact rather than an absurd academic theory. Sane people know better.

by Anonymousreply 31September 27, 2024 12:11 AM

When asked to comment, Janet responded;

[Quote] I heard Madonna isn’ in trouble deep. That she ain’t been losing sleep.. That’s what I heard. I haven’t watched the news in the last couple of days. I was told that they discovered her father did preach, contrary to the song and video.

by Anonymousreply 32September 27, 2024 12:25 AM

Did Jim and Jam Lewis just want to produce for Janet to create a "black" Madonna? If Madonna didn't hit it big with Like a Virgin, I doubt Janet would have gotten very far. People don't even know Janet's first two albums--Janet Jackson and Dream Street--even existed.

by Anonymousreply 33September 27, 2024 12:27 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 34September 27, 2024 11:59 AM

Dream Street was a terrible album under-produced by Giorgio Moroder. Her father also had a hand in this mess too.

by Anonymousreply 35September 27, 2024 5:04 PM

"Janet Jackson" and "Dream Street" were bubble-gum pop albums released when Joe Jackson was managing Janet's career and pulled strings to land her a contract with A&M. After these two flops, Janet dropped her dad as manager and hightailed it over to Jam & Lewis.

by Anonymousreply 36September 27, 2024 5:19 PM

I liked a few tracks on the first album. A lot of it was produced by one of the Sylvers.

by Anonymousreply 37September 27, 2024 6:17 PM

R35, holy crap, I had no idea Giorgio produced that album! What an embarrassment. It's funny that Janet herself doesn't acknowledge those albums anymore. But, then again, i don't think Michael acknowledges any of his pre-Off the Wall albums as a solo artist.

by Anonymousreply 38September 27, 2024 6:31 PM

Girl bye. This bitch needs to have seats. I’ll never forget when Erykah Badu shaded her monkey ass. She was hurt and that’s what she gets because she is always trying to talk shit about other females especially black females in the industry. Dumb ass bitch talking bout Rihanna kidnapped her.

by Anonymousreply 39September 27, 2024 6:46 PM

R39, whattttttt. When did Erykah shade her? I believe you, I just want to see it and let it seep into my veins.

by Anonymousreply 40September 27, 2024 6:53 PM

And she makes everything about race too. She is so lame. This song is brilliant but she is lame af.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41September 27, 2024 6:54 PM

R40 I think a fan on Twitter asked Ms Badu if she were a fan of Banks and Badu’s response was like “I tried but I couldn’t get it”, basically a real ass black Auntie response 😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42September 27, 2024 6:56 PM

R42, I love that! And Lmfao at her claiming Erykah is jealous of her. Why would she be jealous? Erykah had more than one album that was successful and people still talk about her music.

by Anonymousreply 43September 27, 2024 7:00 PM

Please.

This ho couldn't carry a tune in a bucket.

by Anonymousreply 44September 27, 2024 10:17 PM

Lupe Fiasco also got in that ass when she tried to come for him for playing for white audiences in Europe. He simply posted a tweet of hers from a year prior where she stated “I love Lupe. I use his still in all my raps” He posted that shit over and over and over along with a pic of Kermit the Frog. He didn’t say shit else. Each one of her rants was responded to in that fashion. Then lastly he simply posted a picture of her promoting her Australian tour dates. She had an epic meltdown; she stayed off Twitter for a few weeks after that fiasco, no pun intended.

by Anonymousreply 45September 27, 2024 10:22 PM

Say what you will about Azealia, but she’s currently performing a sold out UK tour to consistently good / rave reviews and this is on the back of one album that she released over ten years ago, and since then a bunch of singles or mixtapes with barely any promotional budget. But she still gets the crowds to turn out.

by Anonymousreply 46September 27, 2024 10:25 PM

We Australians have had sufficient when it comes to Ms. Banks. Bye bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47September 27, 2024 10:30 PM

What's dumb about this is that most of us were very much alive when Madonna and Janet were peaking. Both were huge. Madonna was bigger.

And I don't like either, so I have no horse in the race. But, again, I was alive.

That was also when monoculture was the only culture. So we all heard (mostly) the same shit. Especially for pop music.

by Anonymousreply 48September 27, 2024 10:30 PM

R46 Good maybe the bitch can pay her rent so she won’t get evicted anymore.

by Anonymousreply 49September 27, 2024 10:33 PM

R48 right. I was born in 88. Janet has always been A list since I been alive and she is obviously bigger in the black community than Madge but she is not bigger overall. Madge was arguably as popular as MJ maybe not in Africa but world wide. Madge was the first to do what all these bitches today. And that is sell sex and be unapologetic about it. Obviously there were sexual performers before but Madge created a certain mainstreaming of raunchy sex. One that is equally for the male gaze and for the gays.

by Anonymousreply 50September 27, 2024 10:37 PM

R49 I’d say she’ll have a good payday from it.

by Anonymousreply 51September 27, 2024 10:46 PM

I wouldn’t even say that Janet has ever even been bigger than Diana Ross who came out before music videos.

by Anonymousreply 52September 27, 2024 10:48 PM

Why is Azalea so cray? Did someone harm her? Was she #MeToo'd?

by Anonymousreply 53September 27, 2024 10:49 PM

R50, I think you are correct, Madonna was more popular than Janet in every continent with the possible exception of Africa.

by Anonymousreply 54September 27, 2024 11:05 PM

This bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55September 28, 2024 12:01 AM

R55, she said very negative things about the Irish too.

by Anonymousreply 56September 28, 2024 12:02 AM

R56 She is an ignorant racist piece of shit. But more seriously she is mentally ill and like Kanye won’t take her meds.

by Anonymousreply 57September 28, 2024 12:04 AM

R41 some of the lyrics for 212 were so prescient regarding her own career. It’s like she spoke it into existence.

I will say her insistence on singing on every track did yield some dividends, as evidenced by the vocal improvement from 212 to, say, The Big Big Beat. But even that was eight years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58September 28, 2024 12:49 AM

I've really only ever liked 212. That was truly a great song.

Since then....meh. Some OK, a lot of blah.

by Anonymousreply 59September 28, 2024 12:52 AM

New Bottega is an amazing track, more recent.

by Anonymousreply 60September 28, 2024 1:08 AM

[quote]Who is this stupid bitch?

Some selfish low IQ animal. One of the interchangeable low rent semi-talented.

by Anonymousreply 61September 28, 2024 1:32 AM

Oh her voice was even better on Anna Wintour, six years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62September 28, 2024 3:28 AM

Someone like Azelea knows she can disrespect her mainly white and affluent audience because of how educated they are. It’s hard to explain but they will chuck it up to all the shit white people have put us through. She is a talented girl but she’s not just mentally ill. She’s fucked up too. Hell maybe the mental illness makes her fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 63September 28, 2024 1:52 PM

R63, and she ate her dead cat. That just says it all.

by Anonymousreply 64September 28, 2024 5:59 PM

Bipolar?

by Anonymousreply 65September 28, 2024 6:50 PM

[quote] Azealia Banks: "Janet is the Queen of Pop"

Cunt recognize cunt

by Anonymousreply 66September 29, 2024 8:44 PM

She’s the Lisa Lisa of our generation.

by Anonymousreply 67September 29, 2024 8:58 PM

[quote]LMFAO Janet can't be the queen when [bold]she's only like the fifteenth highest selling female artist of all time[/bold].

Oh my god no R13! #15??? She wishes!

Madonna is the #1 highest selling female music artist of all time (and has held this place for 4 decades) and Madonna is the #5th highest music artist of all time and she is in the company of The Beatles (#1) Michael Jackson (#2), Elvis Presley (#3) and Elton John (#4) then Madonna (#5).

[bold]Janet Jackson is the #83rd highest selling artist of all time[/bold].

Madonna is the undisputed Queen of Pop. She broke down the barriers for female artists and it is because of Madonna that Janet has a career. Well, that and the fact that Janet is the quintessential nepo baby and without her family connections would never have even had a music career. End of story.

Azealia Banks is a well-known Trump and MAGA supporter and has repeatedly endorsed Trump. Now that Janet has finally come out and admitted she is also a Trump and MAGA supporter and has questioned Kamala's racial heritage - that's why Banks has made up this crap and is trying to make it fly with other MAGAs. All the MAGA "celebrities" have dead-end careers and are shunned and ignored by their industries like Janet Jackson is about to be. Sad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68September 29, 2024 9:18 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69September 29, 2024 9:36 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70September 29, 2024 9:37 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71September 29, 2024 9:37 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72September 29, 2024 9:38 PM

Janet Jackson will be on this list shortly and then what's left of her sad career will be dead in the water:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73September 29, 2024 9:39 PM

Her career is like what I had for breakfast this morning…toast.

by Anonymousreply 74September 29, 2024 10:14 PM

Thankfully, notorious paedophile Michael Jackson is dead R21.

As dead as MAGA Janet's career...

by Anonymousreply 75September 29, 2024 10:32 PM

Love some of Banks’ songs, don’t really care about her outlandish opinions but she’s dead to me with her Trump support. Ugh!

by Anonymousreply 76September 29, 2024 10:53 PM

[Quote] I can definitely say I've never ever , not a single time in my life been influenced by or inspired by Madonna

Well, that settles it!

by Anonymousreply 77September 29, 2024 11:00 PM

Madonna: "Phew... at least they can't blame me for THAT!"

by Anonymousreply 78September 29, 2024 11:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!