Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

New York Mayor Eric Adams Indicted

And you thought it couldn’t get worse than DeBlasio.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232October 2, 2024 4:19 PM

another useless cunt

by Anonymousreply 1September 26, 2024 1:15 AM

The indictment marks the first time a New York City mayor has faced charges in 170 years, according to historical research done by THE CITY.

All recent mayors from David Dinkins to Bill de Blasio have faced some type of corruption investigation, but all those probes ended with, at worst, lower-level aides being slapped with charges.

Former Mayor Jimmy Walker famously resigned in 1932 while under investigation, but he was never charged.

The bombshell indictment will come amid a spate of other federal investigations targeting City Hall and Big Apple officials that came to light in a stunning series of raids on Hizzoner’s top lieutenants, closest political allies and most trusted aides of late.

by Anonymousreply 2September 26, 2024 1:17 AM

Wow.

by Anonymousreply 3September 26, 2024 1:18 AM

He never should have been mayor.

He's a trainwreck. Say what you will about Bloomberg, he was a good mayor overall.

by Anonymousreply 4September 26, 2024 1:21 AM

No one wants a mayor who looks like the Grinch anyhow.

by Anonymousreply 5September 26, 2024 1:22 AM

Resignation any day now?

by Anonymousreply 6September 26, 2024 1:22 AM

Ginchlike creature.

by Anonymousreply 7September 26, 2024 1:23 AM

What's new, New York City?

by Anonymousreply 8September 26, 2024 1:27 AM

He'll resist like hell from resigning, but I don't see how he isn't forced out.

The indictment is still sealed.

I'll guess interstate wire fraud, conspiracy to launder money, bribes.

You know, the usual.

by Anonymousreply 9September 26, 2024 1:27 AM

Illegally funneling money from foreign governments.

by Anonymousreply 10September 26, 2024 1:29 AM

What a scumbag

by Anonymousreply 11September 26, 2024 1:36 AM

At least he still has his beauty!

by Anonymousreply 12September 26, 2024 1:39 AM

New York is a nasty place!

by Anonymousreply 13September 26, 2024 1:41 AM

very expensive suits.

by Anonymousreply 14September 26, 2024 1:41 AM

About damn time

by Anonymousreply 15September 26, 2024 1:42 AM

Shocking.

by Anonymousreply 16September 26, 2024 1:43 AM

Good riddance.

by Anonymousreply 17September 26, 2024 1:44 AM

R4- He was the last good mayor. Adams was a SLEEZE and a ghetto thug and DeBlasio was stupid and lazy and incompetent.

by Anonymousreply 18September 26, 2024 1:44 AM

And I'm hearing rumors today that Adams possibly was a guest at Diddy's parties.

Why is all the sleaze on this douche coming out simultaneously??

by Anonymousreply 19September 26, 2024 1:44 AM

It's probably foolish to think a NYC mayor will successfully translate into being a national political figure, but I still think Eric Adams would be in my top 5 for "who will be the next Democratic presidential nominee after Joe Biden?".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20September 26, 2024 1:46 AM

Goodbye, Eric

by Anonymousreply 21September 26, 2024 1:50 AM

[quote]It's probably foolish to think a NYC mayor will successfully translate into being a national political figure, but I still think Eric Adams would be in my top 5 for "who will be the next Democratic presidential nominee after Joe Biden?".

Because America is crying out for a Dem presidential candidate as corrupt as Donald Trump?

Seriously. As a New Yorker, what the fuck about Adams reads to you as "presidential"?

by Anonymousreply 22September 26, 2024 1:50 AM

Good Riddance. DeBlasio and his wife should have been indicted for graft.

by Anonymousreply 23September 26, 2024 1:50 AM

Whoops, my bad R20. I misread your post as your own sentiment.

Reading is fundamental.

by Anonymousreply 24September 26, 2024 1:52 AM

I feel like it has to do with the Diddy thing....

by Anonymousreply 25September 26, 2024 1:52 AM

[quote]Say what you will about Bloomberg, he was a good mayor overall.

No he wasn't. He was a fucking shitbag who sold the city out to big business and continued Giuliani's racist policing policies.

They're making an example of Adams because of his speaking out against the democrats over the migrant crisis. I don't even like the guy but it's obvious the tide changed for him after that.

No mayor was more sleazy or corrupt than Giuliani and his administration. Trumpian levels of criminality.

by Anonymousreply 26September 26, 2024 1:53 AM

R20, Bill Maher also saw the future of the Democratic Party in the newly-elected Eric Adams.

by Anonymousreply 27September 26, 2024 1:54 AM

Both CNN's Caitlan Collins and Deblasio said "...innocent until proven guilty."

If I, in fact, committed a crime, I'm not innocent. What the law provides to me is that I'm PRESUMED innocent until proven guilty.

by Anonymousreply 28September 26, 2024 1:54 AM

The Biden Justice Department is going after another MAGA conservative. Oh wait... what?

by Anonymousreply 29September 26, 2024 1:55 AM

Thank you, R29.

by Anonymousreply 30September 26, 2024 1:56 AM

[quote] What the law provides to me is that I'm PRESUMED innocent until proven guilty.

And let's remember that standard applies only to the criminal court trier(s) of fact, either the presiding judge or, in the case of a jury trial, the empaneled jury. It does not apply to the general public, which is free to make any presumptions whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 31September 26, 2024 2:00 AM

Geez, I don't like either Caitlan Collins or Alex Wagner.

Oh good, Lawrence O'Donnell is on.

by Anonymousreply 32September 26, 2024 2:01 AM

The Bloomberg love always amuses me. Notice there's never any concrete evidence of what he did that was so great. It's because there wasn't anything.

Between Giuliani and him, they're responsible for NYC becoming an overpriced, theme park area that caters to millionaires and trust fund brats. Not to mention escalating the militarization of the police force who enforced blatantly prejudiced policies. The stupid shit like bans on soft drinks and making Times Square a grotesque tourist spot instead of the once vital and engaging heart of the city it was was just the white decay on top of the fecal matter sandwich.

by Anonymousreply 33September 26, 2024 2:02 AM

What a fucking moron to think he could get away with this.

by Anonymousreply 34September 26, 2024 2:04 AM

Well, if Bill Maher said so, R27... That crazy homeless guy I pass by every morning on the way to work has a better political sense than Maher.

by Anonymousreply 35September 26, 2024 2:05 AM

I'll never forget watching Senator Elizabeth Warren perpetrating a knock-out of Bloomberg during a Dem primary debate.

Holy Shit. 45 seconds into Round 1 and the referee should've stopped the fight.

by Anonymousreply 36September 26, 2024 2:07 AM

I just hope Adams hangs on until the 2025 election. If he quits, the loathsome Jumane Williams takes over as Mayor. Or Adams should quit and they have a special election. Anything but Williams as Acting Mayor.

by Anonymousreply 37September 26, 2024 2:07 AM

I forgot Bloomberg ran for President. And now I'm suddenly remembering de Blasio did as well. What was in the water at the City Hall?

by Anonymousreply 38September 26, 2024 2:08 AM

Bloomberg was terrible in many ways but he was a successful Mayor. He and Giuliani were the two best Mayors NYC has had in the past 30:years. With the Trump stench no Republican can win the job now which is a shame.

by Anonymousreply 39September 26, 2024 2:10 AM

[quote] I forgot Bloomberg ran for President. And now I'm suddenly remembering de Blasio did as well. What was in the water at the City Hall?

John Lindsay also ran a short-lived campaign for the presidency.

by Anonymousreply 40September 26, 2024 2:14 AM

And of course Giuliani also ran for president.

by Anonymousreply 41September 26, 2024 2:15 AM

The mayor of NYC has long been regarded as the second toughest political job in America.

by Anonymousreply 42September 26, 2024 2:18 AM

Never liked him

by Anonymousreply 43September 26, 2024 2:20 AM

BERKING: KAMALA HARRIS ANOUNCES SHE IS NO LONGER BLACK !

by Anonymousreply 44September 26, 2024 2:21 AM

So sick of this ignorant mythification of Bloomberg. R26 and R33 are absolutely right. He helped create conditions that exacerbated the unaffordability of this city.

(Yeah, that might not be a word. But you get my point.)

by Anonymousreply 45September 26, 2024 2:26 AM

There are many things I did not like about Bloomberg, but I can at least appreciate the work that Janette Sadik-Khan did under his administration to pedestrianize more spaces in the city and build out so much cycling infrastructure.

by Anonymousreply 46September 26, 2024 2:27 AM

I don't cut non-voters much slack, but when I read stories like this, voter apathy and cynicism almost make sense....

by Anonymousreply 47September 26, 2024 2:38 AM

R45 I think you were looking for [bold]mythologizing[/bold]...? Not an "Oh, dear," just trying to help.

by Anonymousreply 48September 26, 2024 2:38 AM

Fucking buffoon. A showboating, granstanding buffoon. It should have been Kathryn Garcia, damn it. She would have kept her head down with no fucking showboating or theatrics. Shit would have gotten done.

by Anonymousreply 49September 26, 2024 2:40 AM

How ‘bout them Yankees?!?!?!

by Anonymousreply 50September 26, 2024 2:46 AM

R46 Dear it’s Manhattan for a reason.

You want Connecticut move there

by Anonymousreply 51September 26, 2024 2:55 AM

He made this video when he was a state senator. We howled when this came out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52September 26, 2024 3:17 AM

Will they discuss this on THE VIEW tomorrow ? Will Sunny and Whoopi defend him ?

by Anonymousreply 53September 26, 2024 3:19 AM

We're gonna need a bigger jail!

Move over, Diddy. Incoming!!

by Anonymousreply 54September 26, 2024 3:36 AM

R29, the MAGAs are saying they targeted Adams because he complained about the influx of migrants into the city. I say it just made him look like a whiny little bitch who should have known not whine to the press. It made him look weak and incapable of leading the city.

by Anonymousreply 55September 26, 2024 4:15 AM

'I will fight these injustices with every ounce of my strength and my spirit'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56September 26, 2024 4:31 AM

A favorite tactic of the Russiapublicans is to go after black.politicians they see as future political threats to them. Too numerous to mention.

They must have an entire arm whose only purpose is go through dustbins looking for kompromat.

by Anonymousreply 57September 26, 2024 4:43 AM

They comin' after me cause I spoke out against the wetbacks!

by Anonymousreply 58September 26, 2024 4:45 AM

'Every day in the police department I kicked those cracker's ass'

now those crackers are going to kick him to the curb!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59September 26, 2024 4:56 AM

We got your back 🗡️🗡️🗡️

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60September 26, 2024 5:53 AM

Yeah that dog don't hunt, r60. NYPost readers loathe Adams.

by Anonymousreply 61September 26, 2024 6:10 AM

and not just NY post readers R61

by Anonymousreply 62September 26, 2024 6:12 AM

*correction: all NYC residents hate him. No tears will be shed. The NYPost is feeling desperate these days since Trump is slumping.

by Anonymousreply 63September 26, 2024 6:14 AM

So long, farewell

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64September 26, 2024 6:23 AM

[Quote] I'll never forget watching Senator Elizabeth Warren perpetrating a knock-out of Bloomberg during a Dem primary debate.

and yet where did it get her R36? She harped on Bloomberg's NDAs all during the debate. An issue voters were not particularly concerned about.

by Anonymousreply 65September 26, 2024 8:00 AM

It didn’t get her anything, R65, but she succeeded in single-handedly knocking out Bloomberg.

by Anonymousreply 66September 26, 2024 8:13 AM

and coming across as a shrill scold instead of someone who addressed the issues and presented a platform. R66 Even Joy Behar on The View wondered if her attack was mis directed. Besides Bloomberg was never going to get the Democratic nomination or Warren for that matter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67September 26, 2024 8:35 AM

Who would be considered a good NY mayor over say, the last 40 years?

by Anonymousreply 68September 26, 2024 8:38 AM

I was no Warren supporter, R67, but to criticize her - of all people! - for not addressing the issues & presenting a platform is seriously off. She was the candidate who had “an answer.” For seemingly everything.

by Anonymousreply 69September 26, 2024 8:39 AM

[Quote] . She was the candidate who had “an answer.” For seemingly everything.

except why you should voter for her

by Anonymousreply 70September 26, 2024 8:44 AM

Sad last days

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71September 26, 2024 8:48 AM

And I didn’t. But now you’re moving the goalposts.

by Anonymousreply 72September 26, 2024 8:49 AM

Warren was a senator. R72 How could you have voted for her unless you were in the senate?

by Anonymousreply 73September 26, 2024 8:59 AM

Huh, R73?! She ran for the Democratic nomination for president in 2016. I didn’t vote for her.

by Anonymousreply 74September 26, 2024 9:02 AM

Sorry R74 I forgot about that

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75September 26, 2024 9:13 AM

[quote]Who would be considered a good NY mayor over say, the last 40 years?

Not a popular opinion but I think Dinkins was underrated. Crime was actually dropping but of course Giuliani and the media played it hysterical. And NYC had turned the corner from the worst of the 70s and 80s, but was still affordable and fun. And less of a self-involved blowhard than those who came before or after him.

by Anonymousreply 76September 26, 2024 10:19 AM

Dinkins was horrible. And I say that as someone who worked for his campaign. Crime may have been turning around but for most of term it was very bad. He was so bad I actually voted for Giuliani. Giuliani in his first term was a very effective Mayor.

by Anonymousreply 77September 26, 2024 11:14 AM

[quote] and coming across as a shrill scold

Repug Alert at r67

"shrill scold" are the words they use about Hillary and all other smart, tough, Democratic women.

by Anonymousreply 78September 26, 2024 11:20 AM

“Mythification” is definitely a word, distinct in meaning from “mythologizing.”

by Anonymousreply 79September 26, 2024 11:27 AM

I misspoke. Warren had a “plan” for everything, not an “answer.”

by Anonymousreply 80September 26, 2024 11:37 AM

[quote]They're making an example of Adams because of his speaking out against the democrats over the migrant crisis.

Yes, we all know how the super-powerful Democratic Machine can effectively destroy its enemies

by Anonymousreply 81September 26, 2024 11:42 AM

I bet MAGA Merrick Garland is tickled pink over this.

by Anonymousreply 82September 26, 2024 11:47 AM

Why are you going on about Warren on this thread about NY politics, Della? Your condescending know-it-all attitude is on full display.

Can’t you find some burn victims to make fun of? That seems to be more up your alley

by Anonymousreply 83September 26, 2024 12:34 PM

Never forget that Adams was a cop and a Republican before his overweening opportunism caused him to become a Democrat. He thinks and acts like a cop and a Republican.

From the beginning, he was surrounded by cronies, hated being dosagreed woth or challenged, he cares for only two constituencies — the cops he loves and identifies with, and the black working class voters in Queens and Brooklyn, who make up his main support.

He is playing the victim card about this big time. Hinting that this is somehow personal and political as if he and his pals haven’t been acting like greedy pigs at a trough. He is not so subtly appealing to his black voter base for sympathy, hinting that this is about his race rather than his personal immorality and corruption. Like demigogues everywhere, he equates what’s happening to him as an attack on his constituents in a cheap plea for sympathy.

He’s stubborn and lives in something of a bubble, so I don’t see him voluntarily stepping down. Governor Hochul could summarily dismiss him, but I doubt she will do that since she’ll be uncertain of the political fallout. Should Adams resign or be forced out, Speaker Jumaane Williams would be temporary mayor but would be required to set a flash election to take place no more than 60 days after Adams steps down or is displaced.

NYC politics should be interesting now as the buzzards circle above as potential replacements will be jockeying for position and starting their campaigns for mayor earlier than intended.

by Anonymousreply 84September 26, 2024 1:15 PM

I misspoke above. Jumaane Williams is the Public Advocate, not the Speaker.

by Anonymousreply 85September 26, 2024 1:23 PM

Very disappointing-hope this is NOT resurgence of that Andrew Cuomo-scary.

by Anonymousreply 86September 26, 2024 1:29 PM

The local news has been reporting that Andrew Cuomo may possibly run if there is a special election.

by Anonymousreply 87September 26, 2024 1:31 PM

There were a lot of great people running for mayor, so I was shocked that it ended up being Adams, the only person I loathed, (though Yang came a close second) as the Democratic nominee. I ended up voting for some 3rd party guy in protest. And I hated Bloomberg as well, though I give him credit for stopping smoking in bars and restaiurants.

by Anonymousreply 88September 26, 2024 1:37 PM

The FBI seized his phone this morning in a search of Gracie Mansion.

by Anonymousreply 89September 26, 2024 1:38 PM

Tee hee hee..... Oy vey karma is golden!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90September 26, 2024 1:43 PM

[quote]The stupid shit like bans on soft drinks and making Times Square a grotesque tourist spot instead of the once vital and engaging heart of the city it was was just the white decay on top of the fecal matter sandwich.

The disgusting and dangerous Times Square area of the 1970s was a disgrace and absolutely needed to be cleaned up. I suppose it might have been possible to do so without going to the opposite extreme and turning it into a theme-park-like tourist spot full of chain stores and restaurants, but I think it would have been extremely difficult to achieve that balance.

by Anonymousreply 91September 26, 2024 1:55 PM

HELLO ANDREW CUOMO!

by Anonymousreply 92September 26, 2024 2:00 PM

The best part about Times Square is that 24 hour Krispy Kreme. I agree that it was far too seedy in the 70's and 80's, but Disneyfying it made it lose it's charm. Agree r91, there should have been a happy medium.

by Anonymousreply 93September 26, 2024 2:04 PM

Your loss, NYC.

by Anonymousreply 94September 26, 2024 2:06 PM

[quote]The FBI seized his phone this morning in a search of Gracie Mansion.

That would be the second phone they've seized...

by Anonymousreply 95September 26, 2024 2:07 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96September 26, 2024 2:13 PM

[quote] I ended up voting for some 3rd party guy in protest.

Always an intelligent strategy!

by Anonymousreply 97September 26, 2024 2:36 PM

[quote]The best part about Times Square is that 24 hour Krispy Kreme. I agree that it was far too seedy in the 70's and 80's, but Disneyfying it made it lose it's charm. Agree [R91], there should have been a happy medium.

But again, HOW to achieve a happy medium? Seems to me that would be very difficult to do, because once an area that located at the epicenter of Manhattan and includes the theater district starts to close all the porno theaters, crack down on crime, etc., it's only natural that property values are going to skyrocket, leading to the opening of all sorts of theme-park-like restaurants and chain stores, etc.

by Anonymousreply 98September 26, 2024 2:42 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99September 26, 2024 3:07 PM

r83, Stop stalking me, ya creepy weirdo.

by Anonymousreply 100September 26, 2024 3:13 PM

Go fuck yourself Della, ya cunt.

by Anonymousreply 101September 26, 2024 3:17 PM

It seems that a lot of these contributions came from Turkey-related sources (or, Türkiye, to be pedantic.) It seems like an odd thing for a local politician to be in the pocket of a country like Turkey.

by Anonymousreply 102September 26, 2024 3:23 PM

Gladly and with pleasure, r101.

Put me on ignore, ignoramus. It's the icon at the top of the page.

by Anonymousreply 103September 26, 2024 3:24 PM

This is to get the general public more comfortable seeing high powered politicians behind bars. That way when Dump gets locked up we can say,

"as demonstrated by the great city of New York and now here today with former President Dump, it is clear that we live in a country where NO ONE IS ABOVE THE LAW." (Cue sound of mic dropping)

by Anonymousreply 104September 26, 2024 3:25 PM

Put me on ignore Della. Then go fuck yourself.

Why is this frau on here?

by Anonymousreply 105September 26, 2024 3:28 PM

This is sordid and I'm tired of it.

Public life, life in general has just absolutely abandoned any kind of propriety. Mary me if you like, but I've never seen such a selfish time, even when you're caught.

by Anonymousreply 106September 26, 2024 3:31 PM

Propriety: Conformity to established standards of behavior or manner, suitability, rightness, or justice. See Etiquette

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107September 26, 2024 3:35 PM

Charges are pretty lame so far. I would have expected more cartoonish skullduggery. Discounted Turkish airlines flights?

by Anonymousreply 108September 26, 2024 3:38 PM

DOJ saying their evidence shows knowledge and intent to accept foreign money for his campaign to be mayor.

And that he acted to omit that from required disclosure statements.

Soliciting from contributions that the law prohibits.

by Anonymousreply 109September 26, 2024 3:40 PM

From the incident document pg 18-19, a Turkish official “agreed to contribute $50,000 or more to the 2021 campaign, believing that ADAMS may one day be the President of the United States and hoping to gain influence with ADAMS”.

President?!?!?!

by Anonymousreply 110September 26, 2024 3:44 PM

[quote] wire fraud

FRAUD!!

by Anonymousreply 111September 26, 2024 3:45 PM

Well, you elected Trump president....

by Anonymousreply 112September 26, 2024 3:45 PM

I certainly hope the voters in NYC wise up after this fiasco. I hate to say "I told you so", but I (someone who is 900 miles away) didn't trust this guy from the get-go.

by Anonymousreply 113September 26, 2024 3:46 PM

Didn't the lady he accused of being like a slave-owner basically say he was putting the interests of foreign powers with great wealth way ahead of the average citizen?

by Anonymousreply 114September 26, 2024 3:53 PM

[quote] I certainly hope the voters in NYC wise up after this fiasco.

The voters in NYC have been wised up for quite a while about Mayor Adams.

by Anonymousreply 115September 26, 2024 3:57 PM

[quote] If he quits, the loathsome Jumane Williams takes over as Mayor.

Please show some respect and spell his name correctly. It’s Jumaane Williams. For some reason.

by Anonymousreply 116September 26, 2024 4:05 PM

One take

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117September 26, 2024 4:17 PM

R117 - that's bullshit from Elie - other David Dinkns was also investigated and not prosecuted. It's not because he's black.

AND - don't forget he was in the Police Department for over 20 years - he's one of them. This is just some bad shit they can't overlook.

Elie is a good guy but he's one person who sees racism behind every single fucking issue. He's one note.

by Anonymousreply 118September 26, 2024 4:21 PM

[quote] The voters in NYC have been wised up for quite a while about Mayor Adams.

Then why did they vote him into high office?

by Anonymousreply 119September 26, 2024 4:25 PM

I would actually argue that the previous 2 mayors - Bloomberg and DeBlasio - were mostly on the up-and-up.

Bloomberg, because he was so rich no one could bribe him and DeBlasio because he had the NYPD and the NY Post (oftentimes the same entity) so far up his ass that if he as much as sneezed weird, it made the front page.

by Anonymousreply 120September 26, 2024 4:35 PM

I would agree with that R120 and I think Dinkins was squeaky clean and a decent human being.

by Anonymousreply 121September 26, 2024 4:41 PM

Mike Bloomberg made NY a playground for his millionaire pals and never cared about the average New Yorker.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122September 26, 2024 4:55 PM

Bloomberg spent over $1M of his own money on his campaign for 3rd term as Mayor of NY? Which is more than the job pays! and an estimated $1B on his 4-month presidential campaign.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123September 26, 2024 5:13 PM

The alleged conduct predates Adams' time as mayor and dates to his time as Brooklyn Borough President. The indictment includes photos of fancy hotel rooms and other benefits the mayor allegedly took.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124September 26, 2024 5:27 PM

Policy and crimes are two different things.

by Anonymousreply 125September 26, 2024 5:28 PM

I'm in total agreement with you ElderLez.

by Anonymousreply 126September 26, 2024 5:34 PM

I don’t see what the problem is

by Anonymousreply 127September 26, 2024 5:37 PM

You can't tell me Guiliani wasn't pulling shady shit during his terms, but being the former US Attorney for New York and his mafia ties protected his ass.

by Anonymousreply 128September 26, 2024 5:52 PM

[Quote] Policy and crimes are two different things.

Absolutely!

by Anonymousreply 129September 26, 2024 5:56 PM

Giuliani should die in jail.

by Anonymousreply 130September 26, 2024 6:00 PM

It just seemed like he had the IQ of gnat.

by Anonymousreply 131September 26, 2024 6:08 PM

He's going to have to step down.

by Anonymousreply 132September 26, 2024 6:10 PM

Giuliani was officially disbarred in Washington D.C. today over the 2020 election fraud.

by Anonymousreply 133September 26, 2024 6:12 PM

[quote] What a fucking moron to think he could get away with this.

Fucking morons have been getting away with it for centuries.

by Anonymousreply 134September 26, 2024 6:12 PM

well, he ain't smart enough to hide his bad deeds

by Anonymousreply 135September 26, 2024 6:14 PM

[quote] AND - don't forget he was in the Police Department for over 20 years - he's one of them. This is just some bad shit they can't overlook.

He was not a Fed. They relish taking down state and municipal officials.

by Anonymousreply 136September 26, 2024 6:14 PM

He was already investigated during his time as a cop. It was heavily hinted that he was corrupt as fuck but he was still elected...

by Anonymousreply 137September 26, 2024 6:15 PM

R136 - they do? Doesn't seem to happen very often.

by Anonymousreply 138September 26, 2024 6:16 PM

he should have been paid in bitcoin, isn't that how all the bad guys get paid?

by Anonymousreply 139September 26, 2024 6:16 PM

The indictment of New York City’s Mayor Eric Adams on Thursday for charges that include bribery and soliciting foreign donations represents the lowest point of a failed mayoralty that has delivered stunningly little to the city it was meant to serve.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140September 26, 2024 6:16 PM

Ahem R139

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141September 26, 2024 6:21 PM

Overall, I've liked him. He got a city still recovering from covid and he has been honest about the toll the illegal aliens are taking on the city financially and socially. He was born and raised here and I think he really understands the life of the people who really make the city function.

He's obviously pissed the wrong people off and the democrat machine, as we have seen, will gladly weaponize the justice system if they are confronted, ignored, or antagonized in any way.

by Anonymousreply 142September 26, 2024 6:27 PM

[quote] Fucking morons have been getting away with it for centuries.

I don’t think that is true for NYC Mayors with state and federal prosecutors breathing down their necks. A lot of people around Koch were indicted, never him. None of the others.

by Anonymousreply 143September 26, 2024 6:31 PM

Fag!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144September 26, 2024 6:40 PM

r142 is also:

*What can be said or posted that would offend a Datalounger?*

[quote]Even the slightest negative comment about Her Highness Kamala, her Superhero VP or The Party in general.

*Kamala Harris and Tim Walz*

[quote]Post only absolute praise, complete adoration and total subjugation to The Anointed Duo and The Party or else you will be banned from The DL for at least a day.

[quote]- George O. 2024

by Anonymousreply 145September 26, 2024 6:44 PM

In exchange, Adams allegedly pressured Big Apple officials to waive inspections and push through approval for the Turkish Consulate in Manhattan, the indictment charges.

by Anonymousreply 146September 26, 2024 7:02 PM

As part of the scheme, prosecutors allege, Adams accepted “straw donations” facilitated by senior officials within the Turkish diplomatic establishment in exchange for him and his companions getting free or discounted flights to far-flung destinations such as France, China, Sri Lanka, India, Hungary and Turkey.

He is accused of accepting tens of thousands of dollars in free flights from a Turkish airline while he was Brooklyn borough president, the indictment charges. At one point, Adams also allegedly paid $600 to stay two nights at a luxury suite in the St. Regis hotel in Istanbul — well below the actual cost of $7,000.

Adams, at times, would allegedly create — and instruct others to create — fake paper trails in order to falsely suggest he’d actually paid for the travel benefits, the indictment states.

by Anonymousreply 147September 26, 2024 7:02 PM

Hizzoner also allegedly “compounded his gains” from the illegal campaign contributions by gaming the city’s matching funds program, which provides a generous match for small-dollar donations, the court papers state.

Adams’ campaign received more than $10 million in matching funds as a result of the phony certifications, the indictment alleges.

by Anonymousreply 148September 26, 2024 7:03 PM

Well, at least no charges involve "pissy assholes."

by Anonymousreply 149September 26, 2024 7:05 PM

Meanwhile, prosecutors allege Adams deleted messages with others involved in his alleged misconduct — including, at one point, assuring a co-conspirator that he “always” deleted her text messages, according to the filing.

Hizzoner appeared to resort to chicanery, too, when the feds first came to seize his electronic devices last November, the indictment suggests.

When he turned his personal cellphone over, investigators found it was locked and needed a password to open.

The mayor claimed he’d only just changed the password a day earlier to prevent his staff from accidentally or intentionally deleting its contents amid the ongoing probe, per the indictment.

“But, Adams further claimed, he had forgotten the password he had just set, and thus was unable to provide the FBI with a password that would unlock the phone,” the court papers state.

US Attorney of Southern District of New York Damien Williams told a news conference Thursday that Adams had a duty to disclose gifts he received — but “kept the public in the dark” year after year.

by Anonymousreply 150September 26, 2024 7:05 PM

“He told the public he received no gifts, even after he was being showered with them,” Williams said. “This was a multi-year scheme to buy favor with a politician on the rise: Eric Adams.”

In total, Adams is facing five criminal charges, including conspiracy to commit wire fraud, solicitation of a contribution by a foreign national and bribery.

He faces up to 45 years in prison if convicted on all counts.

It wasn’t immediately clear when Adams would have to appear in court in the wake of the indictment. Sources had earlier told The Post he wasn’t expected to turn himself in until early next week.

In total, he is facing five criminal charges, including conspiracy to commit wire fraud, solicitation of a contribution by a foreign national and bribery.

by Anonymousreply 151September 26, 2024 7:06 PM

R136 You are correct my friend but that’s because they have to. The Feds are the only ones who can check them. The NYPD is certainly not going to check itself. A very important family member to me works for the Justice Department. You’d be surprise some of the stuff powerful law enforcement agencies and state prisons—the shit they commit around the country. It may take 9, 10 years but the Feds will eventually get you. ALWAYS. And their win rate is like 98%.

by Anonymousreply 152September 26, 2024 7:07 PM

Sounds like DLers were there

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153September 26, 2024 7:09 PM

Yup, those are all of my quotes, R145. I've been on The DL for 15 or so years so there's many more, so I've been on The DL way before The DL Gestapos like you started to take over. I'm flattered I'm on your fascist radar, comrade.

- Registered Democrat, never voted for Trump who's seen through the con for years.

by Anonymousreply 154September 26, 2024 7:14 PM

Oh, and I'll be cancelled in...one...two....three...

R154

by Anonymousreply 155September 26, 2024 7:15 PM

maybe that councilwoman who bit a cop can be mayoress now.

by Anonymousreply 156September 26, 2024 7:20 PM

[quote]r155 = Oh, and I'll be cancelled in...one...two....three...

Oh, you poor, poor thing!

by Anonymousreply 157September 26, 2024 7:25 PM

^^^Just stating a fact ma'am.

Poor, DL, that this is what the Gestapos and Commissars on here will do. I'm sure you all would indictment me if you could, or not even waste time with an indictment and just send me to a gulag

by Anonymousreply 158September 26, 2024 7:31 PM

[quote]or not even waste time with an indictment and just send me to a gulag

LoL, r158, and make you an even bigger martyr?

by Anonymousreply 159September 26, 2024 7:42 PM

I love all these white liberals saying that Democrats may not want to remove him because of the black community - as if the black community votes solely on race.

by Anonymousreply 160September 26, 2024 7:48 PM

This is the idiot who will step in if Adams steps down, a DSA member. NYC needs a moderate Republican mayor. The city has gone to hell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161September 26, 2024 7:50 PM

[quote]I love all these white liberals saying that Democrats may not want to remove him because of the black community

Who has said that so far, r160?

by Anonymousreply 162September 26, 2024 7:50 PM

R160 he’s gotta go. He just does. Hopefully he can have some dignity and resign so that governor Hochul isn’t forced to remove him.

by Anonymousreply 163September 26, 2024 7:51 PM

R161 He's cute!

by Anonymousreply 164September 26, 2024 7:52 PM

R164 he is but his Grenadian parents are cunts for spelling his name that way 😂.

by Anonymousreply 165September 26, 2024 7:54 PM

Caroline Schermerhorn Astor just turned over in her grave at Trinity Church Cemetery.

by Anonymousreply 166September 26, 2024 8:08 PM

OP, when Jummane Williams is appointed as Interim Mayor until the election 80 days later, he'll push through legislation that'll make us want Adams back. He has same philosophy as Alexandra Ocasio Cortez, locally known as "AOC-All Out Crazy". Before Adams was indicted she was calling for his resignation so Williams, as Public Advocate, would be get the job.

by Anonymousreply 167September 26, 2024 8:31 PM

Wh the fuck write this constitution? Since when has it been in place?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168September 26, 2024 8:35 PM

This goes to show that it never pays to run around acting like an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 169September 26, 2024 8:35 PM

Who the fuck wrote this constitution? Since when has it been in place?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170September 26, 2024 8:36 PM

Here's his press conference. Oof.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171September 26, 2024 8:37 PM

R171 Gramps African gear looks fresh to death. I might make that a fall trend. New Yorkers stand up and Addams SIT DOWN.

by Anonymousreply 172September 26, 2024 8:43 PM

As usual the ladies of The View avoided any talk of the things going on in the very city they broadcast from. No mention of the charges against NY Mayor Adams and their hot tonics segment was about Melania Trump's book and a recent interview she did!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173September 26, 2024 9:05 PM

(^.^) hot topics

by Anonymousreply 174September 26, 2024 9:08 PM

R171, I like the protective tent against the eggs and tomatoes.

by Anonymousreply 175September 26, 2024 9:12 PM

R173 are you serious? Wow. I can’t believe they would just completely avoid the topic. That’s fake as fuck. New York City is the most populated city in America. Something like this is national news. ALL NYC mayors are like B list celebrities just because of the city’s clout.

by Anonymousreply 176September 26, 2024 9:12 PM

^ The announcement pre-empted The View in a number of cities.

by Anonymousreply 177September 26, 2024 9:16 PM

R162, CNN, CBS, MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 178September 26, 2024 9:17 PM

LoL, r178, are you incapable of being specific?

by Anonymousreply 179September 26, 2024 9:20 PM

They keep bringing up how bad this going to look, taking down a black mayor. Liberals need to get over this race shit already. Get rid of the fucker!

by Anonymousreply 180September 26, 2024 9:20 PM

Adams is currently facing 20 years in federal prison.

by Anonymousreply 181September 26, 2024 9:20 PM

R160 as a white liberal I ask what white liberals you are referring to.

by Anonymousreply 182September 26, 2024 9:22 PM

You were already told, r182.

by Anonymousreply 183September 26, 2024 9:24 PM

What rely?

by Anonymousreply 184September 26, 2024 9:25 PM

Oh please. This is bigger than race. Sometime you just gotta do the right thing in the words of Spike Lee. Addams must have massive big dick energy. He doesn’t seem broken at all.

by Anonymousreply 185September 26, 2024 9:26 PM

r184 - LoL, ElderLez, don't waste your time.

by Anonymousreply 186September 26, 2024 9:30 PM

I'd much rather Jumaan Williams than Eric Adams any day.

by Anonymousreply 187September 26, 2024 9:31 PM

I'd much rather Jumaan Williams inside my ass than Eric Adams any day.

by Anonymousreply 188September 26, 2024 9:33 PM

he looked good in dreds. Verificatia of size meat?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189September 26, 2024 9:35 PM

Doris, that’s great that you are R162.

I wonder where VOTN is. I believe he hates Adams with the heat of a thousand burning suns.

by Anonymousreply 190September 26, 2024 9:37 PM

R177 The View was broadcast live from NY 11am EST It was national news some 12hrs before that.

by Anonymousreply 191September 26, 2024 10:32 PM

[quote]I wonder where VOTN is. I believe he hates Adams with the heat of a thousand burning suns.

I mean, I'm waiting for people to force him to resign. I know this has likely torpedoed his chances at reelection, but I'd just as soon have someone who isn't under a giant indictment running the city. He's already cost us the police commissioner and the public schools chancellor. We just need to put Williams in as a placeholder and let the next primary play out. I'm still hoping Garcia will get back in.

No thanks to Hakeem Jeffries. Bad look for a guy who wants to be Speaker of the House.

by Anonymousreply 192September 26, 2024 10:40 PM

[quote]This goes to show that it never pays to run around acting like an asshole.

An electioneering corrupt asshole.

I can't believe this was the best we thought we could do.

by Anonymousreply 193September 26, 2024 10:41 PM

[quote]I like the protective tent against the eggs and tomatoes.

And a nearly empty jar of mayonnaise.

by Anonymousreply 194September 26, 2024 10:46 PM

This didn’t age well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195September 26, 2024 10:53 PM

You're saying Nate Silver was wrong about something?

by Anonymousreply 196September 26, 2024 10:54 PM

r191 must have been the announcement of the specific charges. I was on the phone with my mom (in EST) and she said they cut into The View talking about Adams' charges.

by Anonymousreply 197September 26, 2024 10:56 PM

He was federally indicted on Wednesday and before that AOC called for his resignation none of which was discussed during the Hot Topic segment on Thursday's The View R197

by Anonymousreply 198September 26, 2024 11:10 PM

R192 VOTN do you think Keechant Sewell would come back as police commissioner if Kathryn Garcia became Mayor? I really liked her and thought it was a great loss when she left.

Nate Silver is such a schmuck. Fake Vegan, Kabbalah beads wearing black Archie Bunker was never going to be Presidential material.

And also can we stop to acknowledge what a rock star Damien Williams is?

by Anonymousreply 199September 26, 2024 11:15 PM

To be clear, I'm not talking about what they did or didn't discuss on The View. I don't even watch the show. I mentioned that the unsealing of his indictment happened this morning (Sept 26) and pre-empted parts of The View (at least in certain markets).

[quote]On September 25, 2024, Adams was indicted in a sealed case.[177] Prior to the indictment, several prominent New York politicians had resigned.[178] Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of the Bronx, called on Adams to step down, believing that while he was under investigation, the city services could not function properly.[179] On September 26, the case was unsealed, revealing the five charges: bribery, conspiracy, fraud, and two counts of soliciting illegal foreign campaign donations.[180]

by Anonymousreply 200September 26, 2024 11:17 PM

In hindsight Curtis Sliwa, living in a studio apartment with his wife and 16 cats, would have been a better mayor than Adams.

Did we ever get an explanation for Police Commissioner Sewell's sudden departure? She seemed to have the respect and favor of her department and officers and then, poof! She was gone.

Hopefully, all will be revealed now. What a mess!

by Anonymousreply 201September 27, 2024 12:49 AM

Crain’s says that Phil Banks and Adams were stopping her from disciplining bad cops.

Sliwa vs Adams are both such odd ducks - such a strange pair.

by Anonymousreply 202September 27, 2024 1:00 AM

Sliwa is a sexy older man and looks like Robert Deniro.

by Anonymousreply 203September 27, 2024 1:20 AM

Can't wait to see this MF hang. Always thought he was a fraud. Makes Trump look like Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 204September 27, 2024 1:26 AM

R204 I wouldn’t go that far with it.

by Anonymousreply 205September 27, 2024 1:29 AM

Has his longtime beard commented?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206September 27, 2024 2:10 AM

If Eric Addams is gay then I have terrible gaydar.

by Anonymousreply 207September 27, 2024 2:13 AM

R173 maybe today's show was taped. Kelly and Mark's "Live" show is taped at least two-days-a-week.

by Anonymousreply 208September 27, 2024 2:48 AM

R207 when he was running of office it was revealed that he and girl friend own a co-op on the 22nd floor of a Fort Lee, New Jersey building. Doesn't live in the Lafayette Avenue townhouse he owns, rents it out.

by Anonymousreply 209September 27, 2024 2:53 AM

Everyone knows Adams pulled the reverse Bloomberg and ran as a Democrat, cause no Republican bitch is getting elected Mayor of NYC in the era of Trump.

Now maybe New York can have a real Democrat at Gracie Mansion again.

by Anonymousreply 210September 27, 2024 3:51 AM

R207 what does your gaydar say about Jumaane Williams?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211September 27, 2024 3:57 AM

Beach-Mathura — who now resides in Florida but at the time lived on Coney Island — claims that Adams drove “her to a vacant lot and request[ed] oral sex from her,” and when she refused he put her hand on his “erect penis,” the filing alleges.

When she took her hand away, Adams allegedly “masturbated himself” and “ejaculated on her,” the suit charges.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212September 27, 2024 5:49 AM

He has a hot defense lawyer

New York City Mayor Eric Adams has hired high-profile Quinn Emanuel partner Alex Spiro as he faces federal bribery, fraud, and campaign finance charges that were unsealed on Thursday

The Quinn Emanuel partner has represented clients like Elon Musk, Alec Baldwin, and Robert Kraft, arguing that high-profile individuals deserve different treatment than ordinary citizens.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213September 27, 2024 5:53 AM

A mug only a mug shot could appreciate.

by Anonymousreply 214September 27, 2024 5:44 PM

So should he stay as mayor or should he go?

by Anonymousreply 215September 27, 2024 6:11 PM

I'd never paid much attention to his physicality, but Adams looks short. If so, that explains a complex or three.

by Anonymousreply 216September 27, 2024 6:35 PM

I wish the media would track down that elderly woman who Adams treated like crap at some event last year. I bet that woman is laughing her ass off.

by Anonymousreply 217September 27, 2024 7:05 PM

Mr. Adams has exacted a high price from New York, in reputation and morale, for what seem to be petty acts of greed and disregard for democratic principles. It raises questions of how America’s largest, wealthiest city, with its reservoir of talent in everything from the arts to finance, ended up with someone accused of being an incessant petty grifter as mayor.

Mr. Adams isn’t accused of disorganization in failing to vet donors. Rather, the indictment outlines premeditated, deliberate organization, with him allegedly directing staffers to conceal his behavior with “fake paper trails.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218September 28, 2024 3:39 AM

Fran Lebowitz interview last year-

“Adams was in office like two months before I heard people say, “De Blasio wasn’t that bad.” Adams is a Trumpy guy. He is very thin-skinned. He is whiny. Nothing’s ever his fault. He surely is dishonest. The clothes, for instance, they’re made for him. They’re very expensive. How does he pay for them? He’s not paying for this stuff with money he earns as mayor.”

by Anonymousreply 219September 28, 2024 10:52 AM

Corrupt to the core

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220September 28, 2024 4:00 PM

R220 LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP

by Anonymousreply 221September 28, 2024 4:05 PM

Has Al Sharpton made a statement?

by Anonymousreply 222September 28, 2024 4:58 PM

Not before this grifter bitch R221

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223September 28, 2024 5:54 PM

$900,000,000?? Did she buy Greece??

by Anonymousreply 224September 28, 2024 6:39 PM

she bought cases of lube R224

by Anonymousreply 225September 28, 2024 6:59 PM

What makes DeBlasio and his wife particulate;y skeevy is they presented themselves as progressives - ( the press swooned over their "happy" multi-racial marriage and family) when they were as corrupt as any Republicans. Charlene always had going-nowhere projects for which she was handsomely paid. As if she wasn't busy enough (!) with her Homeless initiative , de Blasio named her some sort of Public Arts Commissioner with a nice salary of course.

I never bought his bullshit about changing his surname (Wilhelm) because he was much closer to his mother. He changed it to his his mothers maiden name to make him more electable.

Speaking of sleaze, remember councilwoman Christine Quinn who magically changed her mind about allowing Bloomberg to run for a third term? I wonder what could have $wayed her?

by Anonymousreply 226September 28, 2024 11:39 PM

[quote]Adams’s downfall foreshadows a larger problem for New York’s Black political class and the community they presume to represent. They are being squeezed out by demographic trends and changes in the municipal election system. As such, it appears that a historic period of representation will be short-lived and squandered.

[quote]The city’s Black political class holds more offices than at any time in history. In recent years, the Black voting bloc has propelled representatives to the highest levels of executive, legislative and judicial offices. Yet their leaders are proving incapable of using the positions in a coordinated fashion to advance the concerns of the community.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227October 1, 2024 2:06 PM

I was so impressed with Christine Quinn when she was running for City Council. She could have been a major player in NYC, if she hadn't sold out to Bloomberg. She got what she deserved.

by Anonymousreply 228October 1, 2024 2:53 PM

[quote]The city’s Black political class holds more offices than at any time in history. In recent years, the Black voting bloc has propelled representatives to the highest levels of executive, legislative and judicial offices. Yet their leaders are proving incapable of using the positions in a coordinated fashion to advance the concerns of the community.

Blacks and women just don't make good leaders.

And women of color in positions of power is just a recipe for disaster.

by Anonymousreply 229October 1, 2024 3:03 PM

Only Blacks and women R229. Not fags, chinks, spics, polak and kikes too? How modern of you.

by Anonymousreply 230October 1, 2024 4:25 PM

[quote] As my grandmother used to say, "You only want to change what you despise." I don't understand why Democrats hate America so much. All they do is bash America. If they're so unhappy, why not move to a place that suits your needs?

R229 Do you have the same energy for Trump's rhetoric? Have you offered to buy him a one way ticket away from the hellscape shithole he despises so much?

by Anonymousreply 231October 1, 2024 4:32 PM

he's guilty of being ugly!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232October 2, 2024 4:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!