Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Madonna’s evil stepmother Joan is dead to me

Cancer.

by Anonymousreply 45September 27, 2024 4:54 AM

Madonna hated her.

by Anonymousreply 1September 25, 2024 9:40 PM

Vadge's bro mentioned her a little in his book. Vadge was a total bitch to her, even though she was just a typical Midwestern lady who inherited a bunch of brats. He said Joan cared about her.

by Anonymousreply 2September 25, 2024 9:47 PM

Madge will be pissing on her grave.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3September 25, 2024 9:47 PM

In any feud with Madonna, my sympathy is ALWAYS with the other person.

I loved Madonna's music growing up, but as a human being she's clearly a gash and a half, as Selina Meyer would say.

by Anonymousreply 4September 25, 2024 9:51 PM

Wasn't she their cleaning lady the dad married after her mother died?

by Anonymousreply 5September 25, 2024 9:54 PM

Great link you fat moron, OP

by Anonymousreply 6September 25, 2024 10:04 PM

Madonna acknowledged how difficult she was with her stepmom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7September 25, 2024 10:08 PM

Madonna mended fences with her a looooooong time ago. Madonna was only 5 when her mother died. Her father handled it the wrong way. Madonna in particular was traumatized. Then her father marries this very strict woman. Joan was no saint. She was a good mother and wife from what I’ve read. I don’t blame Madonna for rebelling against her.

by Anonymousreply 8September 25, 2024 10:09 PM

Refreshingly normal obituary where Madonna and her kids get no special treatment.

I hope freaks don't show up to the funeral home in Traverse City...

by Anonymousreply 9September 25, 2024 10:16 PM

Some of you are relentless is trying to make Madonna out to be this horrible person. I’ll admit, I probably wouldn’t like her if I met her, but I probably wouldn’t like many celebrities. I remember reading about how she reached out to Gloria Estefan when she had that really bad wreck. Gloria said Madonna was one of the first celebrities to reach out and offer her full support. It was all done privately. They became very good friends. Same thing with Toni Braxton. She reached out to Toni Braxton privately when she was going through a hard time and offered her full support, Toni wrote in her book. She also allegedly gave Whitney Houston condolences and gifts when she had her first miscarriage and sent her gifts when she had Bobby K was born . There have been other celebrities who have shared the same about her. Also, she did that Make-A-Wish with the girl who had cancer and called her every single day. They would talk for hours. That was aired on Oprah. A lot of you would like the YouTube channel of the guy who was her handler for Orion pictures when she did desperately seeking Susan. He has some really funny stories about her and they’re not all flattering. But at the end of the day, he says he really liked her and, he’s very fond of her. He said she has a lot of great qualities, and some very bratty qualities.

by Anonymousreply 10September 25, 2024 10:19 PM

All Madge could say is she got her snart mouth slapped once by her. Apparently that traumatized her for life.

by Anonymousreply 11September 25, 2024 10:51 PM

Whitney Houston is a mediocrity R10. I am the greatest actress on earth.

by Anonymousreply 12September 25, 2024 11:02 PM

[quote] Great link you fat moron, OP

Read the thread, you fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 13September 25, 2024 11:23 PM

Does anyone remember the footage of Madonna on the ground with her ass and tits out whipping herself right in front of Joan on tour in 2012? It’s hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 14September 25, 2024 11:26 PM

Right in front of Joan’s salad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15September 25, 2024 11:26 PM

Madonna’s father is on his deathbed too. Madonna is gonna be orphaned with no one left to rebel against.

by Anonymousreply 16September 25, 2024 11:27 PM

Madonna trashed Joan on Howard Stern. She called her the knocked up housekeeper. She apparently was pregnant with someone else’s child and Madonna’s father felt sorry for her - this is according to the histrionic hag herself.

by Anonymousreply 17September 25, 2024 11:28 PM

Apparently all was forgiven. Look what Joan was wearing this year.

Janbot, we aren’t trashing Madonna so Janet Jackson gets a pass for spouting maga BS, cunt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18September 25, 2024 11:42 PM

R15 Madonna was insanely gorgeous for 54 years old there. Damn. She was smoking hot during MDNA tour.

by Anonymousreply 19September 25, 2024 11:43 PM

I wonder if Tony left home early to get away from Joan?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20September 25, 2024 11:55 PM

Madonna was named after her mother. She was very close to her. Reportedly her father really doted on Madonna after her mother passed. Having this woman come in and take over must’ve been jarring. She was never allowed to truly grieve. I cannot believe I am defending child Madonna to some of you. She was a fucking kid who suffered a horrendous trauma and you see that as an opportunity to drag her?

On Howard Stern, Madonna was referencing the way she felt THEN. Her and Joan grew much closer and had a very good relationship.

by Anonymousreply 21September 26, 2024 12:06 AM

r16, didn't he die a year or two ago?

by Anonymousreply 22September 26, 2024 1:23 AM

R22 Google is free

by Anonymousreply 23September 26, 2024 2:07 AM

My cousins reminisce about shopping at Hudson's, but I never heard about Sanders' hot fudge cream puffs.

by Anonymousreply 24September 26, 2024 2:19 AM

[qoute]She also allegedly gave Whitney Houston condolences and gifts when she had her first miscarriage and sent her gifts when she had Bobby K was born.

Bags and bags of crack.

by Anonymousreply 25September 26, 2024 2:30 AM

Joan???

Team Madonna!

by Anonymousreply 26September 26, 2024 2:32 AM

[quote]Some of you are relentless is trying to make Madonna out to be this horrible person. I’ll admit, I probably wouldn’t like her if I met her, but I probably wouldn’t like many celebrities. I remember reading about how she reached out to Gloria Estefan when she had that really bad wreck. Gloria said Madonna was one of the first celebrities to reach out and offer her full support. It was all done privately. They became very good friends. Same thing with Toni Braxton. She reached out to Toni Braxton privately when she was going through a hard time and offered her full support, Toni wrote in her book. She also allegedly gave Whitney Houston condolences and gifts when she had her first miscarriage and sent her gifts when she had Bobby K was born .

The parents of Selena, who was dubbed "the Mexican Madonna" in the press because of her provocative outfits, also stated that Madonna reached out to them after she was killed by her deranged fan club president.

by Anonymousreply 27September 26, 2024 2:53 AM

[quote]Madonna was named after her mother. She was very close to her.

Not to mention, Madonna is the eldest daughter and third oldest overall (out of the original six).

Her dad and Joan had two more kids afterward.

by Anonymousreply 28September 26, 2024 2:59 AM

I believe her stepmom did the best she could. I heard she was a step in housekeeper after their mom died at such a young age.

I don't blame her dad for remarrying relatively quickly - there were a LOT of kids. 6 of them - then there were 2 kids she had.

But this was before therapy was popular - let alone family therapy.

It's amazing how dysfunctional families were back then and we didn't even know it.

by Anonymousreply 29September 26, 2024 3:00 AM

I just read her obit. She married into a family with six kids, had two more of her own, then opened a daycare, which she ran for 20+ years. The woman must've really loved children!

by Anonymousreply 30September 26, 2024 3:05 AM

R30 - yeah - taking care of 8 kids, 6 not your own - then taking in more. While the 6 kids treat you like shit.

Hope Madonna sees this now that she has 5 kids herself and gives her a good send off.

by Anonymousreply 31September 26, 2024 3:09 AM

Madonna told Carrie Fisher that Joan hit her a lot and made her nose bleed. She also said that Joan wouldn’t allow her to wear a tampon, not until she got married.

by Anonymousreply 32September 26, 2024 4:08 AM

[quote] Madonna was insanely gorgeous for 54 years old there. Damn. She was smoking hot during MDNA tour.

Hi, Madge!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33September 26, 2024 4:10 AM

Joan & family

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34September 26, 2024 6:56 AM

R33 STFU Janbot. Nothing will take away the fact everyone HATES Janet Jackson for going full maga and Qanon.

by Anonymousreply 35September 26, 2024 10:52 AM

Is Madonna on the left or the right in that photo?

by Anonymousreply 36September 26, 2024 2:21 PM

^ Right.

by Anonymousreply 37September 26, 2024 2:22 PM

I never knew there was a period in her life when Madonna looked so much like Cathy the comic strip...

by Anonymousreply 38September 26, 2024 8:32 PM

^ Ack!

by Anonymousreply 39September 26, 2024 8:40 PM

Front and center

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40September 26, 2024 10:33 PM

Madonna did grow closer with Joan when she became a mother.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41September 26, 2024 11:25 PM

R40 Christopher looks pissed with his arms folded.

by Anonymousreply 42September 26, 2024 11:26 PM

Joan ran at an home daycare center. I wonder if she bragged to the parents about Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 43September 26, 2024 11:45 PM

Madonna had attractive brothers.

I remember they were featured in her documentary TRUTH OR DARE.

by Anonymousreply 44September 27, 2024 4:32 AM

Parents wouldn’t allow their children anywhere near the family of Madonna, who’s a pedo like Michael Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 45September 27, 2024 4:54 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!