Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"High Potential" with Kaitlin Olson

Has anyone else been watching this? They've shown two episodes thus far. Not great but entertaining enough if you're looking for yet another network procedural.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26October 2, 2024 3:58 AM

I like it so far. I'm curious what will happen with the missing husband storyline.

by Anonymousreply 1September 25, 2024 5:56 AM

Watched the first two episodes and enjoyed it a lot. Though I don't think I'll keep watching despite the intriguing husband mystery, I'm just too tapped out on procedurals at this point. Kathy's Matlock might be my limit.

The Australian actor Deniz Akdeniz caught my eye with his pretty face and his bubble butt. We mentioned him previously on DL in connection to his now-infamous lap dance scene on Ghosts. Engaged to some basic bitch actress called Riley Dandy, apparently.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 26, 2024 7:17 PM

Oh, and the numbers are pretty great.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3September 26, 2024 7:17 PM

There’s something about her that doesn’t sit well with me. I don’t know what it is but I don’t like it.

by Anonymousreply 4September 26, 2024 7:28 PM

[quote] There’s something about her that doesn’t sit well with me. I don’t know what it is but I don’t like it.

Your complaint is noted ma’am, and will be forwarded to management immediately.

by Anonymousreply 5September 26, 2024 8:23 PM

I bought the first two episodes on Prime because I adore Kaitlin Olson. I want to love it, but I have to admit it's hard to buy her character as a genius after watching her play idiots for 20 years. They're trying to paint her as a cross between Erin Brockovich and Spencer Reid from Criminal Minds and it's a dubious sell.

I enjoy the family side of the story more than the procedural side so far, but I plan to stick with it for a few more episodes.

by Anonymousreply 6September 26, 2024 9:02 PM

It's based on a French Belgian show

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7September 26, 2024 9:06 PM

I thought it was a new Hulu show when it popped up; had no idea it was an ABC show. I watched the first two episodes last and liked it. I don’t really watch many procedural shows, so I’m not burned out. It did seem a tad like Poker Face, but not too much. I’ll keep watching on Hulu.

Is Judy Reyes in everything?

by Anonymousreply 8September 26, 2024 11:11 PM

We should use the word procedural more in this thread

by Anonymousreply 9September 26, 2024 11:35 PM

The internet is forever...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10September 26, 2024 11:35 PM

I stopped watching Law&Order:SVU, NCIS, and those shows years ago. I like that this is a bit different, I'll probably just DVR it or watch on Hulu on weekends.

by Anonymousreply 11September 26, 2024 11:35 PM

r10 so hot

by Anonymousreply 12September 26, 2024 11:52 PM

This might be my new favorite show this TV season. It was a lot better than I thought it would be. Kaitlin is rocking this role and the supporting cast is great as well.

Also, I’m glad they’re not giving too many clues about her missing husband. I want to try and figure it out like an episode of Murder, She Wrote.

by Anonymousreply 13October 1, 2024 6:38 PM

I tried it out and really liked it. I'll stick around for more episodes. I also tried out Doctor Odyssey because I like Joshua Jackson and want to see him do well in everything, but I'm not sure I'm gonna stick around for that one.

by Anonymousreply 14October 1, 2024 6:42 PM

I like the show except for the teenage daughter.

by Anonymousreply 15October 1, 2024 7:12 PM

It was entertaining to a point, but I'm not planning on making it must-see or appointment TV. I'll watch if-when I happen to catch it.

But as long as it looks like they're going to continually put the lead actress in mini skirts, could they at least feature "Oz' in short-shorts?

by Anonymousreply 16October 1, 2024 7:33 PM

I just realized Karadec is James Holt in Devil Wears Prada!

by Anonymousreply 17October 1, 2024 7:56 PM

It feels like a female verison of a combo of Psych and The Mentalist with a smidge of Castle.

by Anonymousreply 18October 1, 2024 8:04 PM

Don’t forget Monk R18

by Anonymousreply 19October 1, 2024 8:22 PM

I can't believe how much I liked it. Maybe I'm getting old, because I also like that Todd show on CBS.

I used to hate any procedural.

by Anonymousreply 20October 1, 2024 8:28 PM

It has "potential". I like it, kind of. It's entertaining and not overly complicated. Even the procedural stuff is easy to follow.

by Anonymousreply 21October 1, 2024 8:57 PM

That HR review writer is not nearly as good a writer or insightful a reviewer as he thinks he is.

Also, "Concluding note: Unless your main character is a bouncer for a Mensa-affiliated strip club, there’s no reason for ANYBODY to ever say their IQ in your movie or TV show. But I would absolutely watch your show about the bouncer for a Mensa-affiliated strip club"

160 is the traditional line for "genius" IQ. When you're that smart, it's a fact that dominates every aspect of your life - for instance her inability to hold a job. 160 is four standard deviations above the average IQ - 99.7% of people fall within three standard deviations.

by Anonymousreply 22October 2, 2024 1:13 AM

She is quite funny, I like the show. Also great in the sitcom, "The Mick".

by Anonymousreply 23October 2, 2024 1:15 AM

Daniel Sunjata is ageist handsomely

by Anonymousreply 24October 2, 2024 1:17 AM

She’s a terrible actress and deeply unattractive.

by Anonymousreply 25October 2, 2024 1:22 AM

R23 I’m still upset The Mick was cancelled. Along with Timeless.

by Anonymousreply 26October 2, 2024 3:58 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!