Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What scandals is your local government mired in?

No need to identify your place of residence.

In my city, the Mayor, who is a lackey for the Teacher's Union, is trying to fire the president of the school board for not engulfing the city in debt to finance a 9 pecent annual raise for teachers. Please don't talk about teachers needing a raise. Ours are very well-paid and they're asking for a 51k increase.

Let's hear about NYC.

New Yorkers, feel free to chime in.

by Anonymousreply 18September 28, 2024 10:59 AM

Lots of politicians awarding grants and contracts to family members. Not recusing themselves from decision-making.

Politicians accepting bribes (a couple already imprisoned).

by Anonymousreply 1September 25, 2024 4:10 AM

50k is about a ten percent raise, OP? So they make 500k a year? Fuck you, liar.

by Anonymousreply 2September 25, 2024 4:34 AM

Right now there isnt much going on, but the Justice Minister in our last government got busted drink driving after she smashed into a parked car then did a runner and then resisted arrest when the cops finally did find her

by Anonymousreply 3September 25, 2024 6:06 AM

Teachers deserve more pay! Teachers deserve more pay! Teachers deserve more pay! Teachers deserve more pay! Teachers deserve more pay! Teachers deserve more pay! Teachers deserve more pay! Teachers deserve more pay! Teachers deserve more pay! Teachers deserve more pay! Teachers deserve more pay! Teachers deserve more pay! Teachers deserve more pay! Teachers deserve more pay! Teachers deserve more pay!

by Anonymousreply 4September 25, 2024 10:21 AM

Not in my city. "The starting salary for teachers is $61,990, according to the current contract. A Chalkbeat analysis of compensation data shows a regular teacher makes about $92,500 a year on average, up from $78,400 in 2019. Teacher pay varied significantly, with head teachers, who play key leadership roles on their campuses, making almost $115,000 on average, while high school support teachers average about $88,000."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5September 25, 2024 3:17 PM

"They say you can’t fight City Hall. But Chicago Public Schools CEO Pedro Martinez is doing just that, refusing to bow to Mayor Brandon Johnson’s desire to replace him with a new boss of the city’s troubled school system.

A simmering battle between Martinez and Johnson over whether CPS should take on hundreds of millions in new high-rate loans to fund some of the Chicago Teachers Union’s contract demands burst into the open last week. Martinez openly defied Johnson’s widely reported request last week that Martinez resign his post."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6September 25, 2024 3:22 PM

In my small community, the longtime district attorney was brought down after being caught cheating on his wife with a hooker. He got caught after the hooker's house caught on fire, and he randomly showed up at the scene.

His replacement was a woman whose husband got caught having an affair with the police chief's wife. The wife later committed suicide after being exposed. The joke/rumor going around town is that the new DA had the wife killed.

by Anonymousreply 7September 25, 2024 5:18 PM

New York City, no need to say more. Saw Duhblasio again at my Y about three weeks ago, dyed hair and all. I hadn't seen him there for months. He makes me a little nauseated.

by Anonymousreply 8September 25, 2024 5:23 PM

In my mid-sized community, the bloated public housing authority is double dipping in government money with a shadow non-profit.

by Anonymousreply 9September 25, 2024 8:31 PM

In our county, sheriff's deputies sell shitloads of illegal drugs. Local police departments run extortion rackets to 'convince' individuals not to tattle on other crimes.

by Anonymousreply 10September 25, 2024 8:37 PM

R7 wow that sounds like great television.

by Anonymousreply 11September 25, 2024 8:45 PM

[quote]What scandals is your local government mired in?

I hope this mess was the result of an Eastern European knock-off of Google Translate.

by Anonymousreply 12September 25, 2024 8:47 PM

Erudite fellow that you are, R12, you've already called me a liar and said fuck you. At what point does this get tired for you? How much anger and abuse do you try to discharge on DL? Are you like this in real life? Are you a teacher who resents not getting 91K a year like the average Chicago teacher who wants the city to bust its budget to give them 9 percent annual raise for a five year period?

Our mayor used to work for the Teachers Union. In a blue, blue city, people are not happy with his attempt to fire the head of the school board to score a big win for teachers at contract negotiations.

by Anonymousreply 13September 25, 2024 9:20 PM

Black evangelicals had a holly roller sermon in a public square and had a municipal permit to do so! It's forbidden to publicly proselytise in Switzerland. Sometimes I'll stop and have a tall boy with some of these guys, especially if I see the women have brought food. They are very friendly and wouldn't harm a fly. Well, maybe if they knew I'm a filthy homo who eats da poo-poo. But it's don't ask don't tell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14September 25, 2024 10:49 PM

Growing up the mayor of my city actually got caught smoking crack on tape with a prostitute.

by Anonymousreply 15September 25, 2024 10:50 PM

[quote] Erudite fellow that you are, [R12], you've already called me a liar and said fuck you.

Good for R12, more people should have done that you shameless, stupid, hussy of a cunt OP!

You ask for scandals, tell us not to include specific details that might identify where we are from, but then specifically say "Let's hear about NYC. New Yorkers, feel free to chime in." WTF is that about?!?

And then you can't do math to the point that $51K is a FULL 9% RAISE?! I get it that your math teacher, as dumb a cunt as she may have been, didn't deserve a raise, but I think if your school district had a bit more funds they could have done a better job looking after your education, dear Oh-Pee!

by Anonymousreply 16September 26, 2024 5:12 AM

Eric Adams. Enough said.

by Anonymousreply 17September 28, 2024 10:45 AM

Our Mayor violated the city's procurement card policy to pay an independent contractor. Real edge-of-your-seat stuff!

by Anonymousreply 18September 28, 2024 10:59 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!