Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Whoopi Goldberg asks for "a little grace" regarding Janet Jackson

"Sometimes people get it wrong and they’re wrong! They made a mistake; they were wrong. It happens," Goldberg said, adding that Jackson is not a "political animal."

"Anybody who says it doesn't happen to every one of us, multiracial or not, we all do it. So OK, a little grace for the girl. A little grace for the girl," Goldberg said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90September 28, 2024 12:38 PM

Janet, you in danger, girl...

by Anonymousreply 1September 24, 2024 3:03 AM

Nasty Janet, you knew what you were doing. Spreading lies, girl. Not nice. You know better, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 2September 24, 2024 3:06 AM

Nope.

Sorry, Whoopi…not today.

by Anonymousreply 3September 24, 2024 3:11 AM

No Whoopi and I fucks with you. Fuck her. They should check the paper trail.

by Anonymousreply 4September 24, 2024 3:12 AM

The Jacksons carry too much cultural currency for her to be this wreckless.

by Anonymousreply 5September 24, 2024 3:12 AM

Not all of us have millions of followers though. We can’t do the damage she can.

by Anonymousreply 6September 24, 2024 3:14 AM

I can smell her nappy pussy.

by Anonymousreply 7September 24, 2024 3:15 AM

I really hope Jackson puts out a statement disavowing what Whoopi is saying. "Grace for what?! I said what I said!"

Someone on LSA said that the Jacksons are akin to royalty in the Black community. Is that true?

by Anonymousreply 8September 24, 2024 3:16 AM

Whoopi always wants "a little grace" for other celebrities she likes.

by Anonymousreply 9September 24, 2024 3:16 AM

No. Fuck off this time, Whoopie. Janet Jackson needs to be raked over the coals for this BS. You don’t always give as much grace to other celebs..

by Anonymousreply 10September 24, 2024 3:17 AM

"A little grace for the girl"

Only, she's NOT A GIRL. She's a GROWN ASS WOMAN.

by Anonymousreply 11September 24, 2024 3:18 AM

"I fucks with you"

r4 WHAT!?

by Anonymousreply 12September 24, 2024 3:19 AM

Whoopi should be the last person to say this since she and her flock of hens from The View go on a witch hunt every day to try and drag someone down.

by Anonymousreply 13September 24, 2024 3:20 AM

If Meghan McCain had said this on the show, Whoopi would have bolted across the table and chocked her out with her bare hands

by Anonymousreply 14September 24, 2024 3:35 AM

Whoopi really babied Meghan McCain for a long, long time.

Whoopi was always mean to Sunny. They used to sit next to each other at the table, then Sunny got moved one seat to the right.

by Anonymousreply 15September 24, 2024 3:39 AM

Look, Janet may be dumb, but she's not [italic]dumb[/italic]-dumb!

by Anonymousreply 16September 24, 2024 3:53 AM

Whoopi yo braidses is too taut girl, go grace yosef outa here gal

by Anonymousreply 17September 24, 2024 3:54 AM

Whoopi has become an ogre. Call out Janet for spreading misinformation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18September 24, 2024 4:02 AM

Whoops needs to STFU on this one.

I hope if Kamala wins, she refuses to do appearances on The View.

by Anonymousreply 19September 24, 2024 4:30 AM

R8 It is kinda. But black people are real. The Jacksons have been freaks for the past 3 decades. They ain’t immune from cancellation.

by Anonymousreply 20September 24, 2024 4:41 AM

"I heard Whoopi Goldberg was a big ol' dyke. That's what was I was told."

by Anonymousreply 21September 24, 2024 4:41 AM

She’s saying this because she made false claims about the Holocaust - TWICE.

by Anonymousreply 22September 24, 2024 4:52 AM

Whoopie farts smelly ones at Sara.

by Anonymousreply 23September 24, 2024 4:52 AM

[quote]Jackson is not a "political animal."

then she should have kept her big, fat mouth shut

[quote]A little grace for the girl,

1. she's not a girl

2. Fuck whoopie and fuck drug addict. proven liar, janet jackson. This cunt janet's big mouth could have an effect on the election. Of course whoopsie doesn't give a shit because at the end of the day, she and janet have enough money for 2 lifetimes. They'll be ok, no matter who gets elected. I on the other hand won't be ok if trump is elected. So yes, NO GRACE FOR EITHER OF THESE STUPID CUNTS

by Anonymousreply 24September 24, 2024 4:55 AM

[quote]No. Fuck off this time, Whoopie. Janet Jackson needs to be raked over the coals for this BS. You don’t always give as much grace to other celebs..

Yes, but whoopie seems to have grace for criminals. And janet jackson is a criminal and should have been charged with drug trafficking, doctor shopping and other assorted drug and dishonesty crimes 2 decades ago. whoppie and janet are both PRO-RAPE

by Anonymousreply 25September 24, 2024 4:59 AM

Whoopi always caping for some multimillionaire. Sit down sometime Ola Mae.

by Anonymousreply 26September 24, 2024 5:01 AM

Why we still talking bout this bitch? She hasn't done A DAMN THING in 20 years.

You want to escape the spotlight - fine. But don't come in here spouting garbage on social media about a candidate who is going to save the country.

FUCK THIS BITCH - and she's had plenty of time to correct her statement!!

by Anonymousreply 27September 24, 2024 5:02 AM

Feedback was a great song and that was only 16 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 28September 24, 2024 5:11 AM

Does Chappell Roan and her idiotic political comments also deserve grace, or just those of her fellow negroes?

by Anonymousreply 29September 24, 2024 5:27 AM

If you've ever been to Whoopi's house for dinner, you get a free pass on any scandal in which you're involved. Everyone else she tears into with righteous indignation, even for the exact same behavior she forgave in her friends. The only exception is a celebrity who loses an endorsement deal because of their offensive acts. Whoopi still thinks losing that Slim Fast gig twenty years ago is the worst thing that ever happened to anyone, so she will vehemently defend any celebrity's "right to earn a living."

by Anonymousreply 30September 24, 2024 7:37 AM

Celebrities do not have any special insight. They are merely famous, and should not be taken seriously, especially about politics.

by Anonymousreply 31September 24, 2024 8:12 AM

Some celebrities are very smart, well-educated and well-read R31. But Janet Jackson isn't one of them. She's a dumb as a box of rocks and as mean as all her other MAGA friends.

She hasn't apologized (she retracted the apology her "manager" attempted to make and then fired him) and has doubled down on what she said. She meant it and that's who she is. Like others have said in this thread - she has a large following (7.7 million on Instagram) and what she says matters. She made a specific choice to say it in The Guardian interview and would have had to approve the story before it went to print. The interviewer even corrected Janet during the interview and explained that Kamala's father was black. Jackson repeated her claim.

So she meant what she said because she's repeating Trump and MAGA rhetoric. Fuck her. She's a nasty cunt.

by Anonymousreply 32September 24, 2024 8:43 AM

Jackson came under fire for the controversial remarks she made about Harris in an interview with The Guardian, including that the presidential candidate’s father is a white man. Despite admitting she wasn’t well-informed, Jackson speculated about Harris’ family background.

“Well, you know what they supposedly said? She’s not Black. That’s what I heard. That she’s Indian.” After the interviewer clarified that Harris is of both Black and South Asian descent, the five-time Grammy winner pressed on. “Her father’s white,” Jackson stated. “That’s what I was told. I mean, I haven’t watched the news in a few days. I was told they discovered her father was white.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33September 24, 2024 8:47 AM

I have always loved Whoopi and I have always loved Janet, and I always will. So they have both said stupid things. Who hasn’t? They’re both phenomenal entertainers.

by Anonymousreply 34September 24, 2024 8:56 AM

No one cares what Whoopi Dogshit has to say

by Anonymousreply 35September 24, 2024 12:47 PM

[quote]“Well, you know what they supposedly said? She’s not Black. That’s what I heard. That she’s Indian.” After the interviewer clarified that Harris is of both Black and South Asian descent, the five-time Grammy winner pressed on. “Her father’s white,” Jackson stated. “That’s what I was told. I mean, I haven’t watched the news in a few days. I was told they discovered her father was white.”

That tells us all we need to know.

How does someone "supposedly say" something? They either say something or they don't say anything.

No Jan, what do "THEY" say?

Who is "THEY"?

She watches some of those crazy far right entertainment channels like OAN, fox and other bullshit. She probably loves candace owens

by Anonymousreply 36September 24, 2024 12:49 PM

Joy Reid read Janet for filth. She said something along the lines of “we need to remember that even people who have a lot of resources like Janet Jackson can be vulnerable to disinformation.”

by Anonymousreply 37September 24, 2024 12:52 PM

Whoopi gives the usual blaxplanation.

Fuck that. Janet needs to eat the shit she sharted with this stupid, unnecessary, and plainly offensive display of her considerable limitations.

And she can use her fingers the way her superstar brother did.

by Anonymousreply 38September 24, 2024 12:53 PM

And, by the way, Whoops, your God "gives grace."

You don't.

Since you're in the same know-it-all know-nothing category as Janet is.

by Anonymousreply 39September 24, 2024 12:54 PM

Surprise, Janet Jackson is badly informed and stupid. The rest of the family was/is insane so she's probably the best of the lot.

by Anonymousreply 40September 24, 2024 1:17 PM

A little grace could have been given except of the denial of the apology and the lengths she and her people went to deny she was apoplgizing.

by Anonymousreply 41September 24, 2024 1:22 PM

[quote]Whoopi still thinks losing that Slim Fast gig twenty years ago

I didn’t know Whoopi had a Slim Fast gig. Janet Jackson had Nutri-system. Oprah had Weight Watchers. It’s like all these fat black women aspire to get a weight loss deal.

by Anonymousreply 42September 24, 2024 1:41 PM

Burn all of those vulgar old The View witches at the stake.

by Anonymousreply 43September 24, 2024 3:44 PM

She’s not “political?” That’s the excuse for racism?

by Anonymousreply 44September 24, 2024 3:49 PM

Nobody's mentioned her marriage and baby with Wissam Al Mana, from Qatar in the Middle East. IMO, that seemed like a total gold digger move and like a financial decision for Janet.

by Anonymousreply 45September 24, 2024 3:50 PM

R30 why did Whoopi lose her slim fast gig. The blackface with Ted Danson?

by Anonymousreply 46September 24, 2024 4:17 PM

[quote]Nobody's mentioned her marriage and baby with Wissam Al Mana, from Qatar in the Middle East. IMO, that seemed like a total gold digger move and like a financial decision for Janet.

There was no “baby”. She faked that pregnancy to cover up her 75 pound weight gain.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47September 24, 2024 4:45 PM

It does not seem that Janet is at all contrite about what she said.

Janet decided to float a racially controversial MAGA/Trump lie and then to leave it uncorrected. She is not asking for any grace.

by Anonymousreply 48September 24, 2024 4:51 PM

WOW - anyone else and she would have gone for them HARD.

by Anonymousreply 49September 24, 2024 5:21 PM

Whoopi lost the Slim Fast endorsement deal because she spoke out against the Gulf War and George W. Bush. She's been moaning about it ever since.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50September 24, 2024 6:52 PM

Oprah not only worked for WW she bought the company...because SHE LOVES BREAAAAAAAD...then went on Ozempic.

by Anonymousreply 51September 24, 2024 8:10 PM

Whoopi said Janet was mourning her brother.

Gag me, Whoopi. That's a bullshit excuse. Janet knew exactly what she was saying. She was throwing out a dog whistle to the Trumpsters.

by Anonymousreply 52September 24, 2024 9:08 PM

Irresponsible cunt with money.She will survive Trump-escape to Switzerland. We’re left with the mess-the hot mess…

by Anonymousreply 53September 24, 2024 9:16 PM

At idiotic as Whoopi is, she is at least consistent.

Sunny, however, is another story. She doesn't want to give Janet's comments "any air" however she had no problem recently ripping Brittany Mahomes a new one simply because Brittany liked a Trump post on Instagram. Even going so far as to drag Brittany's kids and husband into it.

So why such a big pass for Janet, who was far worse in spouting bigotry, Miss Hostin? Hmmmmmm

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54September 24, 2024 9:16 PM

Paraphrasing Eminem on Will Smith, well fuck her and fuck you too, Whoopi.

by Anonymousreply 55September 24, 2024 9:23 PM

It’s because Janet Jackson is a “friend of the show” or so they say.

Janet exposed her ass for all the world to see. Anyone feel sorry for this Super Bowl titty exposer now? She’s always been a weak, mean, petty, and very stupid person. Everything this bitch did was from nepotism and even then Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis did it all FOR her. She doesn’t two brain cells to rub together.

Now she’s maga. Fitting. Her life has always been a lie. Go carve your face up some more, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 56September 24, 2024 9:32 PM

Ms. Jackson is/was being a Nasty Trumpster.

by Anonymousreply 57September 24, 2024 11:29 PM

[quote]Janet decided to float a racially controversial MAGA/Trump lie and then to leave it uncorrected.

During the interview with The Guardian when Jackson made the comment, she was immediately corrected by the journalist but Janet doubled down on what she said and repeated the MAGA lies and THEN when the article was completed - she approved the interview content for publishing. She was given several chances to correct what she had claimed.

She meant exactly what she said. She revoked the apology of someone trying to save her career and has not issued another apology or explanation. She meant it.

by Anonymousreply 58September 24, 2024 11:37 PM

Whoopi ain't no Wilona.

by Anonymousreply 59September 25, 2024 12:21 AM

I'm surprised that Whoppi did't lose Slim-Fast because she got even fatter on it, like Janet did with Nutrisystem.

by Anonymousreply 60September 25, 2024 12:24 AM

As Janet and the rest of the Jackson family aren't particularly educated or concerned with much besides fighting over money and getting bad plastic surgery, why did Ms. Jackson think anyone cared what she thought about politics?

by Anonymousreply 61September 25, 2024 12:31 AM

Did anyone read the interview? It's much worse than just the Kamala comments. She also spouts QAnon conspiracy theories like child sex trafficking etc. Why would she even go there when her brother Michael was a paedophile who raped numerous little boys over many decades!

Janet Jackson is clearly fucking nuts and a QAnon MAGA.

Apparently the European leg of her tour begins tomorrow on September 25th. Plenty of tickets available as usual. I predict she will cancel the rest of this tour and it will be her last. She won't even be able to fill a small school sports stadium soon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62September 25, 2024 2:25 AM

She has some nerve, as does her family, protecting prolific pedo Michael for decades.

Her concert grosses are laughable. She absolutely gives tix away with tiny grosses like that compared to Taylor, MADONNA, and Bey.

by Anonymousreply 63September 25, 2024 3:00 AM

I wish Latoya Jackson would never backtracked on the stories she told about Michael paying off boys' families n the 80s. I recall she said that the payoffs started happening around 1984. The other Jacksons probably threatened her.

by Anonymousreply 64September 25, 2024 3:12 AM

I think Katherine and/or Michael started putting LaToya on an allowance -- and that's when she STFU.

by Anonymousreply 65September 25, 2024 3:35 AM

That’s ignorant!

by Anonymousreply 66September 25, 2024 3:47 AM

Saw late night headline Jackson doubling down on original claims-what is bitches problem.

by Anonymousreply 67September 25, 2024 8:06 AM

OMG- It’s Randy! he loves Trump and he’s brainwashing Janet. As if bitch had any brains…

by Anonymousreply 68September 25, 2024 8:10 AM

Horseshit R68. She said it (amongst other MAGA/QAnon conspiracy theories) and then she repeated the claim after being corrected by the interviewer. It's her and Randy and the whole disgusting Jackson family. The whole family are Jehovah's Witnesses. They're all Trump voters and Janet let it slip out because she stupid.

by Anonymousreply 69September 25, 2024 8:17 AM

No grace from me. If she let her stupid brother Randy influence her with QAnon garbage then fuck her balls.

by Anonymousreply 70September 25, 2024 9:09 AM

So, if Whoppi likes you and you say something incredibly stupid, she asks for grace from the public. But if she's not a fan of yours and you do the same, she couldn't care less about you.

by Anonymousreply 71September 25, 2024 9:55 AM

R71 correct

by Anonymousreply 72September 25, 2024 11:02 AM

R2 said it

by Anonymousreply 73September 25, 2024 11:29 AM

Janet is a rich ignant beoch who bought her white face.

She is not an expert on race, she is a victim of race.

Ignore.

by Anonymousreply 74September 25, 2024 11:37 AM

Whispercoo "fuck you," Janet.

by Anonymousreply 75September 25, 2024 12:22 PM

I'm waiting for the "this is anti-black!" comments.

by Anonymousreply 76September 25, 2024 2:01 PM

Forgot about family being Jov-Witt-hate gays,trans etc.

by Anonymousreply 77September 25, 2024 3:49 PM

A little grace for a big fat stupid cunt?

Sure. Why not.

by Anonymousreply 78September 25, 2024 3:51 PM

R63 Janet hasn’t been a big touring act since The Velvet Rope. Bitch better hope for The Nutty Professor 3. Hopefully they will use Jada again for Me. Purty.

by Anonymousreply 79September 25, 2024 3:54 PM

Said the bitch who has tried to comestically de-black herself.

by Anonymousreply 80September 25, 2024 3:56 PM

Why are people calling MJ a pedophile when he was found not guilty for all crimes and his accusers were on record saying they weren’t abused until 10 years after his death. Weird yes. Pedophile no.

by Anonymousreply 81September 25, 2024 3:57 PM

R80 She did stop bleaching her skin. I’ll give her that.

by Anonymousreply 82September 25, 2024 3:59 PM

Were any of the Jackson kids ever practicing Jehovah's Witnesses as adults? Many JWs do not vote in elections. Also, Michael would throw birthday parties for Katherine and there are social media posts of Janet wishing Katherine a happy birthday.

by Anonymousreply 83September 25, 2024 4:00 PM

R83 I believe Michael was. They can wish each other a Happy Birthday, they just can’t celebrate it with material gifts. A person can never be worshipped like jehova or God which is weird because they became pop stars lol. Prince was Jehova too.

by Anonymousreply 84September 25, 2024 4:04 PM

Cuz she black.

by Anonymousreply 85September 25, 2024 4:18 PM

I can't believe people still watch this shit!

Does Poopie Goldberg even have an opinion? The show is total propaganda.

by Anonymousreply 86September 25, 2024 4:23 PM

[quote]Why are people calling MJ a pedophile when he was found not guilty for all crimes and his accusers were on record saying they weren’t abused until 10 years after his death. Weird yes. Pedophile no.

I didn't follow the case, so I can't comment on the latter part of that statement.

However, "not guilty" does not mean "innocent."

It just means that the prosecution did not prove their case beyond a doubt, according to the jury.

by Anonymousreply 87September 25, 2024 4:28 PM

[quote] wreckless

Oh, DEAR

by Anonymousreply 88September 25, 2024 4:45 PM

Thanks for Oh, DEARing me, R88, as I should have been, but were the all caps DEAR really necessary, really?

Homonyms seeming to be getting more difficult as I get older.

by Anonymousreply 89September 28, 2024 12:30 PM

There's not much worse than the filthy paedophile defenders who are so thrilled and supportive of Michael Jackson raping and destroying the lives of numerous little boys over many decades.

by Anonymousreply 90September 28, 2024 12:38 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!