Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Pope Francis Cancels Events Due to Illness

Hmmmm.

by Anonymousreply 30September 24, 2024 1:12 AM

"mild flu"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 23, 2024 12:17 PM

Next!

by Anonymousreply 2September 23, 2024 12:34 PM

His “illnesses” always seem to happen after he posts his nude pasta mukbangs. Why won’t the Curia stage an intervention?

by Anonymousreply 3September 23, 2024 12:34 PM

The Cardinals are probably poisoning him due to his liberal policies.

by Anonymousreply 4September 23, 2024 12:35 PM

Old cunt is ancient

by Anonymousreply 5September 23, 2024 12:49 PM

I knew he was old, but I didn't know he was 87, fucking hell. He doesn't look like it, but sometimes these things accelerate all of a sudden and age catches up with you almost overnight.

by Anonymousreply 6September 23, 2024 12:58 PM

Covid

by Anonymousreply 7September 23, 2024 1:06 PM

[quote]The Cardinals are probably poisoning him due to his liberal policies.

Francis will be holding on as long as possible because he knows when he's gone the next pope will make Benedict look moderate.

by Anonymousreply 8September 23, 2024 1:22 PM

He’s fine. He sends his love.

by Anonymousreply 9September 23, 2024 1:24 PM

Once you hit your 70s anything can take you out.

While I don't wish death on anybody who doesn't welcome it, I'll admit it.

A Cardinals RUMBLE, er, excuse me, I mean a convening to elect a new Pope, is one of those political intrigue, backstabbing, front-stabbing, horse-trading, dirty deals making, vote-begging spectacles that I'd love to have a front pew look at.

by Anonymousreply 10September 23, 2024 1:27 PM

But, you can't indicate that you're vote-begging.

by Anonymousreply 11September 23, 2024 1:29 PM

[quote]The Cardinals are probably poisoning him due to his liberal policies.

The pope appoints the cardinals, and those he has appointed during his tenure very much reflect his values. His circle of allies in the Vatican at this time is much bigger than that of his "enemies".

by Anonymousreply 12September 23, 2024 1:32 PM

They've lost Europe to secularism, Brazil to the evangelicals, and the US to... well, American Cafflics have always been unruly and doing their own thing. So the next pope will be focused on Africa, their last bastion. He has to be or they'll meet the same fate there as the Church of England. In other words, expect a much more conservative pope, even with all the liberal cardinals surrounding Francis right now.

by Anonymousreply 13September 23, 2024 1:35 PM

The AIDS?

by Anonymousreply 14September 23, 2024 1:45 PM

I've got a movie for you, R10!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15September 23, 2024 2:21 PM

Thank you, SylviaFowler r15!

I'm in. I'll definitely see "Conclave" at the cinema.

It looks like it has just the right touch of over-the-top-ness to it, while at the same time it'll be nice to go to the theater to see an adult themed, non-Marvel plot.

Plus, the art direction, costumes and sets look kinda spooky.

by Anonymousreply 16September 23, 2024 3:00 PM

I second everything you said, Della R16. As a former Catholic school kid, I enjoy movies that lean hard into the Gothic qualities of the RCC.

by Anonymousreply 17September 23, 2024 3:04 PM

According to Della, that film should be titled “A Convening” 😵‍💫

by Anonymousreply 18September 23, 2024 3:07 PM

I used the wrong word, r18. I stand corrected.

I got rumble correct, though.

by Anonymousreply 19September 23, 2024 3:21 PM

[quote] His circle of allies in the Vatican at this time is much bigger than that of his "enemies".

Good heavens, Op! Have you never watched Angels & Demons"? The Pope's second in command takes him out with a lethal injection, just so he can take his place!

I just finished reading the book 'Conclave' and can't wait for the movie, especially with that lovely Ralph Fiennes in red robes.

Big shout out and hello to Della and Sylvia! I wish we could go see this movie together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20September 23, 2024 3:34 PM

STDs in the elderly population has more than doubled in the past five years. I pray it isn't monkey pox and that all the young seminarians and alter boys have been fully vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 21September 23, 2024 3:48 PM

Frocio!

by Anonymousreply 22September 23, 2024 3:50 PM

Awww, me too Tallulah.

I love theatre popcorn. I always ask for extra of that delicious chemical industrial byproduct they so casually refer to as "butter" on my bucket of popcorn.

and a big Cherry Pepsi.

by Anonymousreply 23September 23, 2024 4:08 PM

[quote] I love theatre popcorn.

I do too, Della! That is one of the reasons I became an AMC Stubs member as they give free refills on popcorn and sodas to their members. Have you read the book 'Conclave', yet? I checked it out of the library and couldn't put it down. I would never have guessed the ending. I know it will be a great movie, with a great cast, but they always leave something out.

I only wish Dan brown would write another block buster book, Like Angels & Demons. They get me delightfully nervous in a good way.

by Anonymousreply 24September 23, 2024 4:25 PM

No, I haven't read "Conclave" but I will, Tallulah. Hopefully I'll get to it before the movie comes out.

I have to "confess" (Get it? confess?) that I hated that movie of one of Dan Brown's books that starred Tom Hanks. I must've blocked the name of it out of trauma.

It was so stupid and I couldn't wait for it to end.

by Anonymousreply 25September 23, 2024 4:31 PM

R13 I suspect events will unfold otherwise. The church may have the numbers in Africa, but not the money. And Francis has appointed three quarters of the Cardinals who will be eligible to vote on his replacement if it were to be held today.

by Anonymousreply 26September 23, 2024 5:15 PM

Slut Pope when?

by Anonymousreply 27September 23, 2024 6:08 PM

Della, Ton Hanks made three Dan Brown Movies– DaVinci Code, Angels & Demons and Inferno. I loved the first two, but don't even remember Inferno. Perhaps, that was the one you were thinking about?

by Anonymousreply 28September 24, 2024 1:07 AM

It was "The Davinci Code", Tallulah.

Oh well. I'll give it another chance. Winter is coming with its long snowy weekend and I'll re-watch it.

by Anonymousreply 29September 24, 2024 1:11 AM

weekends^

by Anonymousreply 30September 24, 2024 1:12 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!