Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Gayle King signs a new contract with CBS

DL's favorite morning news anchor Gayle King, signed a new deal with CBS this past week, even though her current contract expires in early 2025. Sources 'familiar' with the negotiaitons didn't give a dollar value, but says the new contract extends her stay at the morning show. King's last contract signing was in 2022, for a three year stint. She helped launch "CBS Mornings" back in 2012, with original cohosts Charlie Rose and Erica Hill. Hill left the show in less than a year, and Rose was fired by the network five years later for 'sexual harassment' claims. She currently co-hosts with Tony Dokoupil and Nate Burleson.

In the past season, the CBS show has had its best ratings among the key adults 25-54 demo since 1991. It's been coming close to topping the ratings among the three network morning shows (ABC's "GMA" and NBC's "TODAY"), and has won more viewers over ABC's "GMA" 17 weeks this past season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39September 25, 2024 2:35 PM

The last time I watched GMA it was a mess. Those morning shows are embarrassing to watch. I've only seen King interview R. Kelly and she was scary, I enjoyed it. "Sit down Robert".

by Anonymousreply 1September 22, 2024 3:49 PM

Bah. I stopped watching their weekday show a few years back, although I will watch Saturday morning. Now I watch the Today show (but not much of it), and I can't imagine I'm the only one who's done it.

by Anonymousreply 2September 22, 2024 3:49 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3September 22, 2024 3:54 PM

Fascinating, OP

by Anonymousreply 4September 22, 2024 3:55 PM

She's insufferable.

I stopped watching several years ago. Don't watch any of the morning shows now.

by Anonymousreply 5September 22, 2024 3:55 PM

R4 You're easily fascinated, aren't you ?

by Anonymousreply 6September 22, 2024 4:13 PM

I'd rather watch Morning Joe or CNN Mornings (with the delicious John Berman at the wheel) then CBS, ABC or NBC.

by Anonymousreply 7September 22, 2024 4:15 PM

I love Gayle! Bravo!

by Anonymousreply 8September 22, 2024 4:28 PM

I watched CBS for years but I stopped a few months ago and don't watch any of them. My interests changed again so I changed my programming too. I watch mostly youtube and learn a lot more than I did no the shows.

by Anonymousreply 9September 22, 2024 4:28 PM

Tony Dokoupil reading the news for three hours in his boxers would eliminate the need for Gayle and Nate (and the other morning shows).

by Anonymousreply 10September 22, 2024 4:44 PM

Tony Dokoupil should be picked up by MSNBC and join "Morning Joe".

by Anonymousreply 11September 22, 2024 8:07 PM

Red Hot PlayGurl

by Anonymousreply 12September 22, 2024 8:09 PM

And I haven't watched CBS since 2012, when this talentless pompous nepo-ass started there in earnest.

by Anonymousreply 13September 22, 2024 8:29 PM

I've tried a few times since 2012 to watch the three of them, but I just can't stomach her. However, it's nice to see that a woman at age 69 is not being replaced by a young bimbo to attract more ratings (I'm looking at you NBC and what you did with Jane Pauley and Deborah Norville).

by Anonymousreply 14September 22, 2024 10:49 PM

Can't CBS find anyone other than GK?

by Anonymousreply 15September 23, 2024 12:28 AM

G,

I and my va-jay-jay are at home in bed, waiting for a "thank you."

by Anonymousreply 16September 23, 2024 12:31 AM

She’s educated worldly black female and connected

by Anonymousreply 17September 23, 2024 12:59 AM

I've heard she's not black enough R17. She had white parents.

by Anonymousreply 18September 23, 2024 1:04 AM

R15 If it ain't broke - don't fix it. So why try to fix this when ratings are the best in over 30 years ?

by Anonymousreply 19September 23, 2024 1:07 AM

Everyone wants her. I cannot stop masturbating.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20September 24, 2024 8:37 PM

I don't think The Last Supper has had as much re-touching and re-painting as Gayle's face.

by Anonymousreply 21September 24, 2024 8:40 PM

Gayle King is Oprah's DEI hire.

by Anonymousreply 22September 24, 2024 8:47 PM

Don’t know how this dumb ass bitch sticks around. It’s not for her brain, that’s for sure.

by Anonymousreply 23September 25, 2024 2:08 AM

I can't stand Gayle King.

by Anonymousreply 24September 25, 2024 2:20 AM

I haven't watched any of those morning shows for years. I liked GMA back when Diane Sawyer and Charlie Gibson hosted.

by Anonymousreply 25September 25, 2024 3:04 AM

R3 looks like Kandi Burress.

by Anonymousreply 26September 25, 2024 4:34 AM

Can’t she at least afford now to upgrade headgear from the nylon wigs she usually purchases from vending machines at Walgreens or yard sales??

by Anonymousreply 27September 25, 2024 4:58 AM

I loathe GAYle, ORCA& closeted faggot Nate!!

by Anonymousreply 28September 25, 2024 5:14 AM

I switched to MSNBC in the morning the day asshole Matt Lauer wouldn't give Ann Curry a proper goodbye on the NBC's Today Show.

The morning shows on NBC, CBS and ABC suck and devolved into no-news rubbish.

by Anonymousreply 29September 25, 2024 5:43 AM

CBS signs a new contract with Gayle King in the same week that the network cans its former news anchor Jeff Glor. These are not the employment decisions I would be making.

by Anonymousreply 30September 25, 2024 5:50 AM

both our p*ssies stink🤮

by Anonymousreply 31September 25, 2024 12:28 PM

I never understand people who seemingly refuse to retire.

I'm not saying everyone should retire by a set age, but she must be very wealthy and her 70th birthday is approaching in December. Why not just work to the end of her contract and then have some free time?

I'm probably a bit biased, because my dad retired at 62 after wondering if he was going too early. But he got terminal cancer at age 70 and so he was very glad he retired when he did, as at least he had 8 years of leisure.

by Anonymousreply 32September 25, 2024 12:41 PM

Oprah must have agreed to do more specials.

by Anonymousreply 33September 25, 2024 12:41 PM

I think OP’s pic is the one Ozemprah keeps in a locket over her huge bosom

by Anonymousreply 34September 25, 2024 1:03 PM

r32, particular to the famous who command a seat on television news, I think part of the reason, and it weighs more than having enough money to retire, is access to, and being sought out by, powerful politicians and wealthy, powerful, prominent people.

If your seat on TV news is gone, so is that access. Oprah, for reasons that escape me, seems to be the exception.

Matt Lauer has been trying to make a comeback. When he reigned supreme at the "Today" show, he could make a contact to, or be contacted by, the rich and powerful. Now, he's ignored. That's a massive mind-fuck to any person who once was never ignored. Lauer had that coming and his fate was richly deserved.

Andrea Mitchell, for example, knows that better than anybody. As seemingly no-big-deal it may be to us, for her to still have a seat on the MSNBC set means she can call the hottest, no available table restaurant in DC and be seated.

That type of stuff is a big deal to strivers whose entire identity is based upon their visibility.

If you retire, and you're mug no longer isn't on TV every day, that diminishes.

by Anonymousreply 35September 25, 2024 2:03 PM

^ your mug

Beating the apostrophe police

by Anonymousreply 36September 25, 2024 2:04 PM

R35 That makes sense. I suppose those with fame hate the idea of losing that fame. It's presumably the same thing that drove Biden on, despite being in his 80s. Some will never stop working until health forces them to (including death).

by Anonymousreply 37September 25, 2024 2:08 PM

Matt Lauer& Bryant Gumble reigned supreme on NBC morning news years ago, all those women knew exactly what kind of deal they were working, but times changed. Matt got caught in the new environment, however there are lots Senior Women Producers everywhere in the business. They "played the game".

by Anonymousreply 38September 25, 2024 2:17 PM

I am the best.....I tell you what you need to know. Watch me, minions.

by Anonymousreply 39September 25, 2024 2:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!