Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

HGTV Fall Thread 2024

Since the most recent comment on the summer thread is about the gays in Detroit, they get the place of honor as the thread photo.

(Until Mike Holmes Jr shares a photo in a jockstrap....)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20October 3, 2024 4:16 PM

The Harrisburg episode of "In With The Old" on Magnolia.....

Cute-ish daddy with deep blue eyes

and

Suspiciously muscular young Amish men.

by Anonymousreply 1September 22, 2024 2:39 AM

Which episode was that R1? We just started the new season.

by Anonymousreply 2September 22, 2024 2:41 PM

R2

S6/E7 - Old Uptown Revival: The Heart of Harrisburg

by Anonymousreply 3September 22, 2024 3:05 PM

I will shout from the rooftops that THE WORST show on HGTV is Fixer to Fabulous - the middle aged Arkansas couple from Bentonville.

Her voice is SO irritating - it sounds like she has a hearing problem, because she vocalizes in a way that sounds like deaf people talking.

But the REAL shitshow is their 'after' - all they do is simple remodeling we've seen a 1000 times and then they put in the most beige/greige/cream landscape of HomeGoods worthy shit.

ZERO design - seriously. Plus they usually do small renovations - a new kitchen (we're going to knock this wall out and make it open concept! Brave!) and bathrooms. The problem is a whole new everything is going to be an improvement, no matter fucking what.

He's a hot daddy - but they're both so thorough unimpressive. The Mississippi couple is 10x better - and they actually know about design periods and produce different designs.

These 2 produce the most standard Home Depot / HomeGoods combinations - it makes my blood boil.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4September 22, 2024 3:14 PM

If you edited out R4's name of the show and the names of the hosts, the same could be said for virtually any other HGTV house renovation show.

It comes down to, I think, personal likes and dislikes,of the host(s) and the methods of renovation.

I happen to like Jenny and Dave, but reading R4, I realized how many shows I don't. like for the same reasons R4 listed.

They are all becoming indistinguishable, to a degree, other than personalities. Very rarely do we ever learn anything about renovation or construction. It's all spectacle and reveals.

RIP HGTV

by Anonymousreply 5September 22, 2024 3:57 PM

R5 - I have to disagree. Look at their 'afters' in the episodes. It literally looks like an area from a HomeGoods store. And this specific example was for family of theirs.

It's boring - like the least interesting stuff I've ever seen. It's a new low for HGTV - seriously. They're AWFUL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6September 22, 2024 6:56 PM

Example #2:

It's SOOO fucking awful. The window pane with the wreath - the big ass Roman numeral clock, the huge lanterns, the lack of pattern.

Literally stuff you'd walk by in HomeGoods.

I've never seen an HGTV show with the interiors THIS bad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7September 22, 2024 7:12 PM

Most of those shows are little more than product placements for Wayfair or some other basic stuff company. The unique taste of millions.

by Anonymousreply 8September 22, 2024 8:14 PM

[quote] Until Mike Holmes Jr shares a photo in a jockstrap...

I think this is as close as you're going to get.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9September 22, 2024 8:23 PM

I saw an episode of "Love It Or List It" featuring bickering married gay Toronto cops.

They had a huge collection of boots and the top daddy was clearly a rage queen. But I get he lays some great pipe.

I wanna know if any Toronto DLers see them out and about.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10September 22, 2024 8:45 PM

Why is Shea going with Keith and Evan to New Orleans?

They say all real estate is local, so why is a local from Detroit trying to sell real estate in NO.

by Anonymousreply 11September 22, 2024 9:02 PM

I'm guessing they had to mix it up with Keith and Evan and they sent them to New Orleans instead of Italy where they sent others. I'm less likely to watch them now that they've sold out. Unless N.O. is one and done. What happened to "We'll never leave Detroit.?"

Through the magic of television, Shea now has a license to sell real estate in Louisiana, I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 12September 22, 2024 9:19 PM

I doubt Evan/Keith are doing all the work or that Shea is selling (she's probably licensed only in MI).

But they're going as stars of the show, not actual working people.

This is their version of the Dave and Jenny went to Italy business. Everyone in the last few years has had to have their own little special project on the side made into a short term show and this must be there.

Hmm, that reminds me, haven't seen Dave Marrs and his VPL outline in his jeans for a while.

by Anonymousreply 13September 22, 2024 9:21 PM

*this must be theirs.

by Anonymousreply 14September 22, 2024 9:22 PM

Yeah, Italy was the place to go,

The Magnolia Network (pitooey) even sent the Maine Cabin Masters to Italy. The Maine Cabin Masters!

(They do have my favorite redneck - Jedi.)

Okay, back to HGTV and Shea's wigs.

by Anonymousreply 15September 22, 2024 9:32 PM

Evan and Keith are really doing great work that most of these other 'designers' would totally turn their nose up at.

They are truly renovating communities, saving tear-downs, and providing renovated small affordable homes.

They should be given a fucking medal - those homes are DISASTERS.

by Anonymousreply 16September 22, 2024 11:09 PM

Shea's hair is LAIDT!

by Anonymousreply 17September 23, 2024 2:19 AM

The Laurel folks and Dave and Jenny in Arkansas may be super straight but they always seem to have the hottest clients pop up.

My pants still get all twitchy when I see the Home Town episode with their friend Shuff. He was a sexy motherfucker. I would take a break from eating Josh's ass to get familiar with all parts of him.

by Anonymousreply 18October 3, 2024 4:01 PM

I miss Chase Looney entirely too much. The sheer amount of muscle he put on since leaving the show is amazing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19October 3, 2024 4:08 PM

His biceps in some of the last few Fixer to Fab episodes he was on were massive. Definite JO material.

by Anonymousreply 20October 3, 2024 4:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!