Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Your favorite "Veep" episodes

A favorite has always been "Helsinki," because it was the first time we ever got to see Sally Phillips as the Finnish prime minister Minna Häkinnen. It's almost impossible to explain her character other than to note she has a very off-putting sense of humor that always puts Selina on the wrong foot. Phillips was so funny in the part that the writers kept inventing new reasons for her character to come back onto the show.

I'm also a huge fan of "Cuntgate," which has Jonah running for Congress and making a hilariously ineffective political commercial for his campaign. One of the funniest scenes in the entire series involves the focus group responding to the commercial and tearing Jonah to pieces ("He's the wrong shape") as he watches behind a two-way mirror.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13September 22, 2024 2:37 AM

Not to say that other episodes were worse but any episode with Minna Häkinnen was a hoot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 21, 2024 6:09 PM

Jonah and the focus group:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 21, 2024 7:29 PM

One of the things I love about Minna is that she's one of the few characters on VEEP who is both generally nice and competent, although she's almost unbearably frank by American standards (as Eastern Europeans can sometimes be).

by Anonymousreply 3September 21, 2024 7:36 PM

Two from season 5-

1.) C**tgate- Politico reports that a senior staffer was heard calling Selina a cunt. Selina orders Amy to investigate, only to find out everyone but Gary called her a cunt in public.

2.) Congressional Ball- Selina tries to curry favor with congress at a White House ball , leading to this memorable exchange.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4September 21, 2024 7:40 PM

I also love when Selina destroys Tom James in the final episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5September 21, 2024 7:41 PM

You beat me to it by five seconds, R4! That scene's venom makes my flesh crawl. I do not know how they filmed it without falling into hysterics.

by Anonymousreply 6September 21, 2024 7:43 PM

I love the last episode because of all the little touches: Catherine is almost unbearably happy when watching her mother's funeral on TV with her wife and son ("I made margaritas for everyone!"), and the wall of the Selina Meyer Presidential library has engraved in on its marble walls her quotation, "Someone needs to do something about this!"

by Anonymousreply 7September 21, 2024 8:04 PM

None.

A stupid, overrated show.

by Anonymousreply 8September 21, 2024 9:24 PM

R8, you're a moron.

by Anonymousreply 9September 22, 2024 12:57 AM

Season 6 Finale. I love when they discover her presidential center site may be on slave burial grounds. She tries to swear Marjorie to secrecy but Marje has already left the room, so they race upstairs to try to catch her before she can tell Catherine.

"Slaves, Mother?! No! Way!"

by Anonymousreply 10September 22, 2024 1:33 AM

Season 4, episode 9, Hearing. And so many others. What a brilliant and brutally funny show.

by Anonymousreply 11September 22, 2024 2:30 AM

“Camp David,” which features Minna Hakkinen.

by Anonymousreply 12September 22, 2024 2:36 AM

Fro comedy, any episode featuring the excellent Sally Phillips as Minnah. She really is amazing, both convincing and comedic.

And for entirely different reasons, any episode featuring many, many scenes with Reid Scott, with whom I would be married, given different circumstances and possibly a magic lamp.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13September 22, 2024 2:37 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!