Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sex trafficking

Why is this the new celebrity crime of the era?

Jeffrey Epstein

Ghislaine Maxwell

R. Kelly

Mike Jeffries

Allison Mack

Sean Combs

by Anonymousreply 17October 23, 2024 2:31 PM

Add "allegedly" after Combs

by Anonymousreply 1September 19, 2024 7:48 PM

“Sex Trafficker” is just a modern name for a Pimp.

by Anonymousreply 2September 19, 2024 7:48 PM

R2 - not necessarily. It can mean trafficking them to be used for your own sexual pleasure. As in slaves.

by Anonymousreply 3September 19, 2024 7:54 PM

World’s oldest profession for men who aren’t attractive, and/or personable enough to get laid without paying for it, as well as for those who are, but aren’t interested in relationships or the work required to score a free, fun & consensual shag.

by Anonymousreply 4September 19, 2024 7:54 PM

r2: so?

by Anonymousreply 5September 19, 2024 8:01 PM

Don't forget Trump and his "modeling agency" in the 90s. This man has so many scandals that some of the most egregious just get glossed over.

by Anonymousreply 6September 19, 2024 8:05 PM

Can't forget to include the FLDS, definitely a top tier offender.

by Anonymousreply 7September 19, 2024 8:29 PM

People are sick fucks

by Anonymousreply 8September 19, 2024 11:44 PM

isn't Harvey Weinstein kind of adjacent to this?

by Anonymousreply 9September 20, 2024 12:59 AM

Who do you think might be next?

by Anonymousreply 10September 20, 2024 3:21 AM

Topher Grace

by Anonymousreply 11September 20, 2024 3:32 AM

R10, she really should be put out of her misery. One of the most evil people ever, just flying under the radar forever.

No one has the balls to go after her, nor can they, as she purposely takes up residence in some very remote places that are very difficult to get to.

by Anonymousreply 12September 21, 2024 8:36 AM

Why do half of these fuckers have to be gay? Giving us the worst rep

by Anonymousreply 13October 23, 2024 1:05 PM

Twas ever thus, it's just there's a fixation on weak / insecure borders and nefarious criminals crossing borders these days so they like to push that angle

by Anonymousreply 14October 23, 2024 1:18 PM

Isn't every Hollywood Eldergay a sex trafficker? Asking for my friend Bryan.

by Anonymousreply 15October 23, 2024 1:18 PM

I am not sure if this answers your question, OP, but celebrities have been used as intelligence assets for a long time. They have access to places, people, resources, etc. that are out of reach of regular civilians, who despite everything continue to hold the famous in irrationally high regard. Even after the sordid revelations of Me Too plenty of people remain naïve enough to trust celebrities, admire them, want to be around them, and want to believe that they are good simply because they are rich and famous. This makes celebrities useful to people in power, and the type of person who is disordered enough to pursue fame at any cost isn't going to flinch at whatever fucked-up things those in power demand of them.

by Anonymousreply 16October 23, 2024 2:10 PM

[quote]Why is this the new celebrity crime of the era?

As this has become a much more common issue, I've wondered more about this.

Sure, on the one hand, it's clearly just garden variety pimping combined with casting couch with a handful of regret.

On the other hand, how many celebrities do you think would trade their time on the casting couch for their careers? I mean, I've hooked up with plenty of people I've regretted and didn't even have the promise of helping my career. Granted, I've never hooked up with anyone from a job or work.

While regret is totally understandable as is bitterness when the quid didn't get pro quo-ed, for those who hit big, would they trade it to erase that guilt, shame, or regret?

by Anonymousreply 17October 23, 2024 2:31 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!