Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The View — Part 30

The new set, the new studio, the new green opening, and the dreadful lack of a peppy opening tune.

DREADFUL. Have at it!

by Anonymousreply 104October 3, 2024 9:41 PM

Previous thread.

Please fill it up before posting here. Thank you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 19, 2024 8:07 AM

They need to get Woopi a telescope to read the teleprompter.

by Anonymousreply 2September 23, 2024 3:33 AM

Why do they read off of the cards when they have a guest. Don't you think they should get an idea of the question before and look at the person to whom they are speaking? Sunny is the worst at this, followed by Joy.

by Anonymousreply 3September 23, 2024 4:53 AM

Jackson's story is all over the media - they're going to have to cover it.

Here's what Sunny will say:

This weekend, I had to go to Cornell University to have the difficult conversation with my baby girl, Paloma about Janet Jackson's comments on Vice President Kamala Harris. As I expected, it was the topic of conversation among female students of color on the campus, so I decided to gather everyone around me on the quad and address this issue amongst all the female students of color on the campus grounds. I said:

"As we all know, Janet Jackson was once a powerful inspiration in the Community of Color, back in the 1980s when I was just your ages and attending a Historical Black College. I would hang on every word she said, like when she declared, "Ain't no acid in this house" on her Rhythm Nation album. I truly believed she wasn't taking acid, and it was wrong for us women of color to even think of doing so - even though sister Whitney was dropping acid at the time.

But that was a long time ago. Today, she's a washed up has been - a former shell of the popular, successful woman of color she once was. What went wrong ? Some say it happened 20 years ago, when she showed the world her big nipple ring on her tittie at the SuperBowl. She spiraled out of control. Others say its when she had to stand next to her lily white niece and nephews at her brother Michael's funeral in 2009, wondering 'Who the fuck are these white kids and why in fuck are they getting Michael's fortune ?' Some say it's when she gave birth to the baby we have yet to see, at the age of 53. I don't know for sure.

But I do know she's not the powerful voice of the community she once was. Her remarks on Vice President Harris is further proof girl's gone and lost her mind. It's time Kamala had a sit down with that girl and told her to 'Tell it to my face'. "

So that was the end of my conversation with these young ladies, I told them I wouldn't be taking any questions, and that's all I'm going to say about it here on the show.

by Anonymousreply 4September 23, 2024 4:57 AM

Fake hair. Too much makeup. Annoying.

by Anonymousreply 5September 23, 2024 5:02 AM

Here's what Joy will say:

Michael was white, too?

by Anonymousreply 6September 23, 2024 11:42 AM

Janet was the first topic out of the gate. Whoopi said Janet made a mistake, we all have made mistakes and we need to “show the girl some grace”.

by Anonymousreply 7September 23, 2024 3:16 PM

Except Janet hasn’t apologized.

Did Whoopi mention Janet recanting that apology?

by Anonymousreply 8September 23, 2024 3:24 PM

I don’t think it was mentioned that the apology was recanted R8. There was no mention of the fact that the guy who took it upon himself to do it was fired. One of the women towards the end said Janet is still grieving the death of her brother, leading Whoopi to remind us to give Janet grace.

by Anonymousreply 9September 23, 2024 3:37 PM

Joe Biden will be on the show on Wednesday.

by Anonymousreply 10September 23, 2024 3:47 PM

First time a sitting president will be live on the show. Obama was pre-taped.

by Anonymousreply 11September 23, 2024 3:48 PM

To say I hate-watch this show would be an understatement at this point. Whoopi plays celebrity apologist "because here's the thing, you know, I too have made mistakes, and you don't feel like apologizing when everyone's coming at you." Fuck off, Whoopi.

I have an idea Whoopi, why don't you first learn the topic at hand before you open your big ignorant mouth. She was obviously alluding to her Holocaust debacle, but just like Janet you both opened your big ignorant mouths on a worldwide platform and spewed misinformation. You also mispronounced Kamala's name. Fucking stoner is sounding more like Huggy Bear by the day.

They need to give Whoopi a pulpit, set in a corner at the far end of the set where she can spew her chastising moralistic bullshit while the other co-hosts get on with the show. She always speaks as if she's the final authoritative word on every subject. She's had three failed marriages yet felt the need to write an advice book on relationships. I'm just so sick of her. She brings every conversation to a grinding halt and is completely unfit to moderate this show.

Sunny says Kamala is black because she says she's black and Sunny knows such things because she too is multi-racial, and she can identify any way she wants. Well Sunny, if it's ever discovered one of your kids has some genetic disorder specific to a certain race or ethnicity you may want to rethink your juvenile and delusional perception of what makes up race and ethnicity.

VYD Music: Another genius idea except not.

by Anonymousreply 12September 23, 2024 3:54 PM

Just so long as you watch it.

Just so long as you hate post here.

by Anonymousreply 13September 23, 2024 3:58 PM

LOL, I'll take that as a thumbs-up, R13.

I've been watching this show since it premiered in August of '97. I stopped intermittently during the Rosie Perez "I know nothing except to talk about boxing." era ie year. A Whoopi pick. Then Jenny McCarthy era ie year and I hated the idiot from The Cosby Show. (another Whoopi pick, of course because she's an idiot) paired against Candace Cameron. Two former child actors in a cage match between liberal and conservative talking points. Ridiculous choices.

Meghan was the worst of the worst of the worst, and I can't believe she lasted as long as she did. (Another Whoopi pick. Because. Again. SHE'S AN IDIOT.)

by Anonymousreply 14September 23, 2024 4:50 PM

The show is always on in my chemo clinic waiting room. I watched it in the Star Jones era, which sucked quite a bit, but it;s now unwatchable. Sunny is stupid and vain, never a good combination. Whoopi is just stupid. Jooy needed to retire 10 years ago, The two Republicans was not even remotely interesting. Put this turkey out of its misery.

by Anonymousreply 15September 23, 2024 7:23 PM

Dear me--change that to Joy needed to retire 10 years ago. The two Reoyblicans are not even remotely interesting.

I need to get something to eat.

by Anonymousreply 16September 23, 2024 7:25 PM

Whoopi who was a speaker at yesterday’s NYC fundraiser for Harris, once again mispronounced Kamala.

by Anonymousreply 17September 23, 2024 7:49 PM

R11 - Pre-Taped is redundant. Same for Pre-Recorded. An event is Live, Taped or Recorded.

by Anonymousreply 18September 23, 2024 8:03 PM

Here’s the Janet Jackson segment if you’re interested.

Whoopi did mention the guy being fired, but didn’t go into it. I agree with R12, Whoopi needs to be seated at the far end of the set to spew her “chastising moralistic bullshit”. Her saying that Jackson is not a “political” person doesn’t fly, and it’s not an excuse for Jackson to spew misinformation. If you don’t know or don’t care to know what’s happening or what’s at stake, then keep your mouth shut Miss Jackson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19September 23, 2024 8:46 PM

Here's what I learned from their discussion about Janet Jackson's controversial statement:

1. Ana - shockingly - made the most sense. She came down hard on Jackson, holding her totally accountable for the statements she made in an interview she knew was going to be made public. Amen.

2. Alyssa - Janet is iconic, and the blame is on the algorithms of your social media, so we can't blame Janet if she was repeating this misinformation which appeared on her social media because of the algorithms. And she's iconic. So there.

3. Sara - She backed up what Alyssa said: It's all about the algorithms and what you read on Facebook, so don't believe everything you read on Facebook because of the algorithms, because you know - the algorithms. (She said nothing at all about Jackson, how irresponsible she was, about her 'non apology' or the consequences of the staff member who was fired.)

4, Sunny - She reminded us she is the only multi-racial host at the table (lest we forgot), and she decided to give Jackson's statement 'no air' - this enabled her to kiss Kamala's ass more, as she unashamedly angles for a position on her team in January. So sorry - no mention of Jackson or the guy Jackson fired.

Whoopi - She gets to tie it all up, and let's us know that Jackson can not be held responsible for what she says for a number of reasons: 1) She's not a 'political animal' 2) She's a busy girl 3) She's in mourning. Ana asked (off camera) if Jackson had a phone where maybe she could fact-check before she said Harris wasn't black, and Whoopi scolded her - Janet is a busy girl, and she's in mourning ! We all make mistakes - and we need to go easy on her. (Just like the way Janet easily fired her team member for issuing an apology on her behalf ?).

by Anonymousreply 20September 24, 2024 12:07 AM

We also got to hear from Kristen Bell today. She relayed how she knew Dax Shepard was “the one” when he took the gum she had been chewing and put it in his mouth.

Whoopi asked, “what flavor?”, and Kristen said she had been chewing it for a while so the flavor was gone.

by Anonymousreply 21September 24, 2024 12:20 AM

That Jackson clip is awful. Whoopi and Sunny can fuck off. You just did a whole hot topic last week on Taylor Swift's BFF (whom no one gives a shit about) and her political views and how it affects her relationship with Swift. You also did a segment on Taylor Swift's endorsement and how it changes the political game. Now all of a sudden, a musician's political views don't matter? And it's not worth the airtime to discuss it?

And has anyone on that panel mentioned Shirley Chisholm ONCE since Kamala has been nominated? You know, the first black woman who ran for President, who opened doors for Kamala? Sunny constantly acting like Harris is the first black woman "let into these spaces" is incredibly disrespectful to that women's legacy and all the doors she knocked down.

Also, this producer clearly wants to become a name in his own right, hence those wretched podcasts he now does and puts online. You are not Barbara Walters, dear, so please stop. Work on rectifying this shitshow first.

by Anonymousreply 22September 24, 2024 1:20 AM

R22, Shirley is dead, so she is of no use to Sunny.

Here is a bit of a NYT article on this debacle brought to you by Janet Jackson: " Mo Elmasri, who said he was Ms. Jackson’s manager, issued an apology on Sunday in which he said her statements were “based on misinformation.” Ms. Jackson, he told BuzzFeed, “respects Harris’s dual heritage as both Black and Indian and apologizes for any confusion caused.”

After the statement was repeated by other news media outlets, representatives for Ms. Jackson issued a statement to Variety, saying that Mr. Elmasri was not her manager and was not an authorized spokesman. They told Variety that Randy Jackson, one of Ms. Jackson’s brothers, is her manager."

"Ms. Jackson’s representatives did not respond to requests for comment, and neither she nor her representatives appear to have tried to distance themselves from her statements about Ms. Harris."

What is her fucking problem? Just apologize already.

by Anonymousreply 23September 24, 2024 2:07 AM

R23 She's not apologizing for what she said - she obviously believes it is true, and she stands by this. Which is why Ana was the only one who had the cajones to call her out on this. She knew exactly what she was saying.

Screw the 'algorithms' and all the other excuses the other three women were trying to make 'happen' this morning - Jackson knew damn well what she was saying. The worst excuse was that she was in 'mourning' over the death of her brother last weekend. Fuck that - she could sit for an interview while 'in mourning' ? Most people would postpone, and it would be understandable.

by Anonymousreply 24September 24, 2024 2:12 AM

R24, this is some Trump level bullshit. It reminds me of Obama's birth certificate where he felt compelled to release his actual birth certificate in order to silence the mob. Now the non-believers will expect Kamala to take a DNA test in order to prove her ancestry. Jackson must be a Trumper or one of the dumbest people alive. Interchangeable really.

by Anonymousreply 25September 24, 2024 3:23 AM

Which is why Harris ignoring it as failed Trump Play Book, is brilliant.

Kamala don't play that.

by Anonymousreply 26September 24, 2024 4:23 AM

Should I be surprised that Whoopi defended her ? I'm more curious if she did it with Janet's permission. We know what happened to El Marosi when he tried to save her ass with an apology.

by Anonymousreply 27September 24, 2024 11:54 AM

Okay but how can we pin this whole “Janet thinks Kamala isn’t black” thing on Justin Timberlake?

by Anonymousreply 28September 24, 2024 12:09 PM

Today’s guest Michael Eric Dyson spoke about calling out Nancy Mace for mispronouncing Kamala. I hope he took a moment off camera to correct Whoopi’s constant mispronunciation of the same.

by Anonymousreply 29September 24, 2024 4:03 PM

Whoopi now yelling at the camera chastising us for blaming Taylor Swift for Kelce's lackluster performance on the field. I don't blame Taylor, Whoopi. I don't care about Travis Kelce, his team, their record or anything else to do with them. So kindly shut the fuck up and stop yelling at the viewers. Honestly, she sounds like a drugged-out bag lady yelling at passerby on the street.

Uzo Aduba was the only black child in her class. That's why you're referred to as a minority. You're in the fucking minority. Hear that, Sunny?

Michael Eric Dyson on Congresswoman Nancy Mace: "I didn't call you a racist." Congresswoman Nancy Mace: Yeah, you did.

On Mark Robinson: "White supremacy by ventriloquism." So, Kamala's the smartest woman in the world but a 56-year-old black, seasoned politician who spews hate is being controlled by whitey? Sure thing, pal.

Now he's blaming every single tragedy ever befallen a person of color, women, Hispanics, and Asians on white evangelicals.

I've come to the conclusion I'm just too damn white for this show. This is DEI hell, and I've had enough.

by Anonymousreply 30September 24, 2024 4:04 PM

Yes, the yelling today throughout the entire show was too much. I’m a committed Harris/Walz voter, but I’m at my breaking point with this show. I’ll watch tomorrow’s show with Joe Biden, but after that if I have time to watch tv, I’ll watch Jennifer Hudson’s show.

by Anonymousreply 31September 24, 2024 4:16 PM

They didn’t talk about Michael flirting with the same woman he slammed as a racist?

by Anonymousreply 32September 24, 2024 5:06 PM

Sunny said that 'black women are the most educated demographic' in the nation.

Sunny also said a few weeks ago that 'no black men' are voting for Trump, even though latest stats show at least 25% of registered black men is voting for Trump, and the number keeps growing. So where is Sunny sourcing her info from ? She never says.

And if Sunny really believes Black women are the most educated - how does she explain Janet Jackson ?

by Anonymousreply 33September 24, 2024 8:56 PM

Yes R32, the king of deflection deflected to race as usual and declared he was the victim and this was another case of white bigotry by saying, "the black brute seeks the innocent white woman" and these idiots just smiled and agreed. He said what was once considered a compliment is now considered harassment. He also said misnaming (don't you mean mispronouncing?) Kamala is racist. Trump refers to Gavin Newsom as "Newscum" is that racist?

He actually says white Christians hate themselves and have not forgiven themselves for the past. Who, slaveowner Christians? How many living Christians does this idiot think have ancestors who owned slaves in this country?

He also lied when he said the only people who received reparations after the Civil War were white slave owners. Whoopi has said on the show her ancestors received reparations. Yet she just sat there and said nothing to correct his statement.

Thrice married preacher? Yeah, you're "a child of God" He's so full of shit. He's just as divisive as Trump he just wraps it up in a pretty rhyming preacher's bow and pretends he wants unity between black and white. No, he wants complete submission. He's Sunny sans vagina. Race on the brain OCD 24/7. And to top it all off it looks as if he's wearing a cheap hairpiece.

Bonus: At the beginning of the clip, around ten seconds in it sounds as if Whoopi (cushion) is once again true to her name or it could be a chair moving. For the sake of the co-hosts, I hope it was the latter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34September 24, 2024 9:01 PM

[quote]He actually says white Christians hate themselves and have not forgiven themselves for the past.

I caught that. And Sara Haines and Alyssa Farrah Griffin - two white Christian women - said NOTHING ?

Imagine if a white man on the show said black Christians hate themselves ?

by Anonymousreply 35September 24, 2024 9:05 PM

On the Harris/Trump debate Dyson said, “I ain’t seen no Haitians eating dogs but I saw a black woman eating a white ass on television”.

How these dumb-as-rocks hosts who pose as liberated, enlightened feminists let this go by without comment is a mystery. His comment was disrespectful to Harris.

by Anonymousreply 36September 24, 2024 9:30 PM

R36 I caught this, too. They laughed like this was the funniest thing they ever heard in their lives - and Whoopi and Sunny laughed the heartiest. He was disgusting. I have a feeling he didn't sell many books with home viewers.

by Anonymousreply 37September 24, 2024 9:47 PM

R36, R37 I didn't care for that comment either. I found it be crude. He also said Kamala is not petty then followed it by calling Trump an orange apparition. So very Christian. How can they not see through this guy? I suppose they don't want to. You can see most of his comments are prepared and it's noticeable when he has to stop for a split second to recall his latest 'off-the-cuff' riff.

Like I said in an earlier post, I just can't relate to this show anymore. Whoopi was wearing a Biggie t-shirt yesterday and the other co-hosts were complimenting her. An ABC show under the News Division and the moderator is proudly wearing a dead criminal on her chest. I don't know when the inmates took over the asylum (Yes, I do it was after they fired Barbara and Bill Gedde) but if this is the direction cuckold Brian wants to take the show, so be it, but I won't be watching because I'm obviously no longer their target demo.

by Anonymousreply 38September 24, 2024 10:47 PM

[quote] Like I said in an earlier post, I just can't relate to this show anymore. Whoopi was wearing a Biggie t-shirt yesterday and the other co-hosts were complimenting her.

I thought that was Ben E. King. I could've sworn she said it was 'Ben'.

by Anonymousreply 39September 25, 2024 12:49 AM

Do yourself a favor and don't watch this garbage. I refuse to listen to multimillionaires complain about being second class citizens or reformed Trumpettes pretend to be moderates.

by Anonymousreply 40September 25, 2024 3:01 AM

R39, that was my post. It was Biggie.

As for my recent rants, I apologize I've just reached my limit with this latest iteration of The View. '

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41September 25, 2024 10:28 AM

r40, go away Trollerina.

by Anonymousreply 42September 25, 2024 10:54 AM

I’ll be skipping today’s show with President Biden. Those idiots are not worthy of him.

by Anonymousreply 43September 25, 2024 2:24 PM

Will Sunny bring up Marcellus Williams on todays show?

by Anonymousreply 44September 25, 2024 2:35 PM

Will the ladies ask President Biden why he couldn’t eat white ass during his debate with Trump?

by Anonymousreply 45September 25, 2024 3:04 PM

Thanks for letting us know R43. I’ve adjusted the post show snack and spirit order to reflect your absence.

by Anonymousreply 46September 25, 2024 3:06 PM

The best part of today’s show was the audience and the appreciation they showed for President Biden.

Once again, Whoopi mispronounced Kamala, this time as “camel-ah”.

by Anonymousreply 47September 25, 2024 4:28 PM

R 42, I'm not a troll if I say this show is a waste of time. I hope Biden was treated well. Can't imagine why he appeared there.

by Anonymousreply 48September 25, 2024 9:12 PM

He is on the farewell tour before he has to call out the National guard and FBI to arrest Georgians who will not certify the federal election. Insurrection Pt2.

by Anonymousreply 49September 25, 2024 9:54 PM

I was confused by their discussion of the filibuster. Alyssa said she thinks we need to keep the filibuster because should the Republicans get in again, they will use the '51 Vote' for getting parts of 2025 into law. Sunny said she disagreed with her, gave the history of the filibuster and how it was used in a nefarious way over the years. Then she said we should keep it ? Was I hearing her argument correctly ?

by Anonymousreply 50September 25, 2024 11:26 PM

You heard right, R50. I was more amused by her prepared written statement with her impassioned delivery as if she were trying to impress Biden while also auditioning for a post in Kamala's administration.

In reference to Manchin's refusal to endorse Kamala, did you notice Rochester replies "Well, we ain't endorsin' you, How 'bout that." Then Joy said, "Manchin is gone anyway." Meaning he is leaving the senate at the end of his term in November and will not seek re-election. Whoopi - I can't be assed to research and keep abreast of the news even though I'm moderator of a politically centric nationwide talk show then replied -" Yes, he's gone a whole other way". She doesn't know what she's talking about. Ever. Meanwhile ass-kisser Joy shakes her head in affirmation "yeah."

How much do I hate this show? Much. Very much.

by Anonymousreply 51September 26, 2024 7:12 PM

They didn't even the cover the first mayor who has been indicted in NYC history? Like seriously? Not even a mention?

Instead, we get a ridiculous ten minutes on Melania's interview?

This show is really becoming the FOX news of the left.

by Anonymousreply 52September 26, 2024 9:10 PM

I was just about to post the same thing, R62. Here it is, lol.

No mention of Mayor Eric Adams even though it's an international story. ABC, CBS and NBC pre-empted or interrupted regular programing in order to broadcast his press conference. But The View considered Melania's FOX interview much more important for the opening Hot Topics slot.

by Anonymousreply 53September 26, 2024 9:12 PM

Sorry, I meant R52.

by Anonymousreply 54September 26, 2024 9:13 PM

[quote]r51 = How much do I hate this show? Much. Very much.

This restaurant is horrible, every mouthful is poison. And they give you such small portions!

by Anonymousreply 55September 26, 2024 9:17 PM

Most of the show was pre-empted for the Adam's indictment for the East coast. There was just five minutes or so of the Melania interview, and then it came back for Sykes interview - and that was that.

by Anonymousreply 56September 26, 2024 9:32 PM

That's not an excuse. They've been preempted many times before and they will discuss the story that's pre-empting them. A hot topic is supposed to be what's hot.

This show has been weirdly out of sync with what's trending on social media and everywhere else in recent years. Quite a few topics they will either ignore or discuss it days, or even weeks after it trended.

The West Wing segment was taped. They should have bumped that and put the Adams story with Melania's interview.

Amateurish. Barbara Walters must be rolling over in her grave.

by Anonymousreply 57September 26, 2024 9:43 PM

Well, it may be because he's a Democrat but going by their aversion to cover certain stories I'm going to go out on a limb here and say there is one reason and one reason only, why they won't cover this story. Can you guess from the photo provided?

Mayor Adams at his press conference earlier today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58September 26, 2024 10:12 PM

Is that Cissy Houston peering behind his shoulder ?

by Anonymousreply 59September 26, 2024 10:17 PM

Oh look, R55 is back and ready to resume his nobody asked for it, bitchy little hall monitor position in this thread.

R59, that's Hazel Nell Dukes. She's 92 and was at one time a president of the NAACP. She was yelling at the crowd to shut up. Such is the state of our society in 2024.

by Anonymousreply 60September 26, 2024 10:22 PM

Why was Hazel yelling at the crowd to 'shut up' ? it was an outdoor press conference that attracted a crowd of reporters - what was she expecting ?

by Anonymousreply 61September 26, 2024 10:55 PM

In the crowd there were some very vocal opponents of the mayor who were yelling at him to resign. One man in particular was calling him a disgrace to black people. Just another day in the city.

Here's Mother Duke's segment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62September 26, 2024 11:11 PM

So those at the press conference yelled out at him and showed their disgust (as they have every right to, as he represents them) and if they want to yell 'resign' and other comments, so be it. She yells 'shut up!' to them ? It was a press conference just for his supporters ?

Oh what a circus !

by Anonymousreply 63September 27, 2024 1:31 AM

Absolutely nothing on Mayor Adams again today. Just a dismissive throwaway line from Joy about him pre-empting them yesterday. Super immature line delivery, Joy.

Alyssa tried but could only use him as a quick example, along with other politicians who seek office in order to fill their pockets. This was their lead Hot Topic which was centered around Melania (again, how relevant) and Trump monetizing the Presidency.

I suppose the fact the three major networks made this their number two story behind a quick update of Helene means nothing to this politically centric show.

by Anonymousreply 64September 27, 2024 3:59 PM

I think the video that they showed in the first segment in Trump selling his shitty merch would make a good campaign ad for Harris.

by Anonymousreply 65September 27, 2024 5:24 PM

R65, he actually had them cut up the suit he wore in his mugshot in order to sell off the pieces. There is no low bar for this guy.

by Anonymousreply 66September 27, 2024 5:55 PM

[quote]he actually had them cut up the suit he wore in his mugshot in order to sell off the pieces.

How naive are you, r66.

by Anonymousreply 67September 27, 2024 6:10 PM

You are wrong, sir. He did indeed sell scraps of his suit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68September 27, 2024 7:22 PM

Nobody sat and cut that dam suit into little pieces, r68.

by Anonymousreply 69September 27, 2024 7:26 PM

That's the least believable part of the story for you, R69? Hiring someone to cut up a suit is not the issue. That this asshole found a way to monetize his mugshot is the issue. One on many with the former POTUS.

by Anonymousreply 70September 27, 2024 8:51 PM

If the suit scraps don’t smell of McDonald’s and farts, they are not from his suit.

by Anonymousreply 71September 27, 2024 10:19 PM

[quote]That this asshole found a way to monetize his mugshot is the issue

I didn't say it wasn't, r70. I'm saying the grift was even griftier.

by Anonymousreply 72September 27, 2024 10:37 PM

R72, you mean he probably ordered bolts of the same fabric, cut it up and sold it while claiming it was from the original suit? Yeah, that crossed my mind.

by Anonymousreply 73September 27, 2024 10:54 PM

[quote]you mean he probably ordered bolts of the same fabric, cut it up and sold it while claiming it was from the original suit?

Well, to be fair, Eric needed something to do that he couldn't fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 74September 27, 2024 10:55 PM

[quote]Well, to be fair, Eric needed something to do that he couldn't fuck up.

I can't even imagine what that would be.

by Anonymousreply 75September 27, 2024 10:58 PM

[quote]I can't even imagine what that would be.

Cutting up fabric. And since Barron's favorite color is blue, he could help, since he's living at home with mom and has no social life.

by Anonymousreply 76September 28, 2024 3:38 AM

Ana has a good looking special on Latino Voters

Great insights.

by Anonymousreply 77September 30, 2024 12:09 AM

Betcha tomorrow on 'The View', Whoopi will call Kris Kristofferson her 'friend' who always had the best weed at his house and say he was one of the original bad asses in Hollywood.

Sara Haines and AFG will just stare at her with smiles (since they don't know who he is),

Ana will mention a Cuban singer / actor whom she's friends with, and Sunny will subtly suggest he was a racist, somehow.

by Anonymousreply 78September 30, 2024 1:34 AM

R78, they won't even bother. It will be just another throwaway as they break for commercial. Just like they did with Dame Maggie on Friday. Unless Whoopi has some sort of ass-kissing photos of her with Kris then by all means it will garner segment time.

by Anonymousreply 79September 30, 2024 2:16 AM

Whoopi was in a bad mood today. Did someone take her weed away?

by Anonymousreply 80September 30, 2024 7:16 PM

R80 Whoopi was sick. She sounded terrible, and looked terrible. Maybe she has 'the Covid' ?

I won't be surprised if she's off the rest of the week.

by Anonymousreply 81October 1, 2024 12:23 AM

Whoopi was on fire today - and I have to agree with her: the media needs to stop calling Trump "Mr. President". He hasn't had that title in four years.

by Anonymousreply 82October 1, 2024 11:57 PM

Mr. Piece of Shit doesn;t have the same ring.

by Anonymousreply 83October 2, 2024 12:53 AM

They never mentioned Kris Kristofferson's death over the past weekend. I wonder if they will mention John Amos' death ?

by Anonymousreply 84October 2, 2024 11:48 AM

I went to their YouTube channel, and they had a separate clip for the big memoriam for Dame Maggie. It is 20 seconds in length. Their priorities are so screwed sometimes. Because a Reddit Rip-off segment on who the bride uninvited from her wedding is so much more relevant and timelier than the passing of one of the greats in the industry.

by Anonymousreply 85October 2, 2024 1:48 PM

I’m sure Whoopi will Whoopisplain about John Amos’s career achievements. Sunny will then remind us about Good Times’ and representation of black families in the ‘70s. Joy will then joke about how he’s having “good times” up in heaven now. Alyssa will mention his stint on The West Wing and Sara will smile politely. If Ana was there she’d regale us about how she once attended an event with Gloria Estefan, John Amos, and Pope John Paul II.

by Anonymousreply 86October 2, 2024 1:51 PM

I can’t wait to hear them discuss the debate. Alyssa and Sara will give a fair analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of each candidate’s performance. Sunny and Joy will rant about Vance lying while overpraising Walz. Whoopi will offer dumb platitudes to cover for the fact she couldn’t be bothered to actually watch the debate.

by Anonymousreply 87October 2, 2024 2:48 PM

LOL, spot on, R87. I enjoy listening to Alyssa and Sara's take on a topic because I feel they have the ability to see both sides and to fairly assess and critique each topic with an open mind.

I'm so tired of these impassioned idiots who believe if you are not in lockstep with your party's platform, you're a traitor of the highest order.

by Anonymousreply 88October 2, 2024 3:20 PM

What happened to Christie? I tuned in to hear his thoughts on the VP debate.

by Anonymousreply 89October 2, 2024 3:44 PM

Compilation In Memoriam. Whoopi "dips her dread" to Dame Maggie.

by Anonymousreply 90October 2, 2024 3:54 PM

Raven Symone will be 39 in a couple of months. Poor woman really 'peaked' in her maturity at the age of 16, and really hasn't grown beyond that. It was such a frustrating interview to follow along with, due to her (obvious) ADHD, and the fact that she can't stay focused on what's being said.

And that poor creature Jason Wu - looked so uncomfortable being there trying to hold a Garage Sale.

by Anonymousreply 91October 2, 2024 9:44 PM

Someone needs to tell them to turn down the damn music during their VYD segments. You can't hear what they're trying to shill. They need to dump that cuckold Brian and bring someone in who knows how to produce a show and wrangle these out-of-control egos.

by Anonymousreply 92October 2, 2024 11:21 PM

Whoopi is being extra passive aggressive with Brian lately..

by Anonymousreply 93October 3, 2024 12:43 AM

Raven is a god damn mess! She has ptsd? No gurl, WE have ptsd from your ignorance! Glad that she has a new show I’ll never watch.

by Anonymousreply 94October 3, 2024 1:21 AM

What’s the story of Brian and his wife? This gets mentioned a lot.

by Anonymousreply 95October 3, 2024 1:35 AM

R92 You actually watch the VYD segments ?

by Anonymousreply 96October 3, 2024 11:48 AM

R96, I usually watch it live so I see the VYD. I do, however, mute the volume when VYD starts. I used to lower the volume, and it was just like background noise. With the new season they start the segment with very loud background music, and it runs throughout the segment.

As for today's show, Joy made a mistake using a Trump quote in the wrong context in reference to Pence. No one corrected her. And why does LeVar Burton merit two segments? Yes, please do talk about Sunny's ancestors being slave holders and slave traders. Yeah, sure. So painful yet she's laughing.

by Anonymousreply 97October 3, 2024 3:54 PM

Has Sunny paid reparations to the descendants of her ancestor’s slaves yet?

by Anonymousreply 98October 3, 2024 4:05 PM

The first thing Sunny said when she revealed her ancestors owned slaves was that people should stop pestering her about reparations because she still believed in them. And then she hasn't brought reparations up again since.

by Anonymousreply 99October 3, 2024 4:07 PM

And she won't bring up reparations should Kamala get elected.

It's been fun watching her go from someone who defended "Defund the Police" and constantly brought up the true, racist overtones of the US law system to someone who now cheers prosecutors and boasts about our legal nation.

I have no idea where she stands on anything with the exception of abortion, which she has always been against, even in cases of rape and incest. Charming, right?

by Anonymousreply 100October 3, 2024 4:17 PM

I still want her to explain how her Catholic faith makes her against abortion but she's okay with gay and trans people.

by Anonymousreply 101October 3, 2024 6:20 PM

Joy also brought up John Amos on the first LeVar segment and said, 'he died this week'. NO, he died months ago. His death was announced this week.

by Anonymousreply 102October 3, 2024 9:07 PM

You gays should be glad my fat daughter isn’t sitting in the corner on a tottering stool; makeup and hair done by an asylum escapee; screeching some ill informed opinion in a muumuu at Joy and Whoopi.

by Anonymousreply 103October 3, 2024 9:26 PM

I clicked on the podcast with Joy instead of today’s episode by mistake. I stayed with it. Joy is more entertaining on her own, sharper too. Hard to believe she’s 82, it’s like she stopped changing at 55.

by Anonymousreply 104October 3, 2024 9:41 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!