Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Titan Footage Shows Submersible 990 Feet From Titanic

Creepy!

Looks like it didn't implode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28September 27, 2024 5:20 PM

It's so eerie how it's just laying there at the bottom of the ocean in the darkness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 18, 2024 11:05 PM

I thought that the water pressure at that depth caused it to vaporize. Or was that just the occupants?

by Anonymousreply 2September 18, 2024 11:08 PM

R1 That was the back of the submersible. That part wasn't pressurized hence why it's almost intact because it didn't implode. The part that imploded was the front, where all the people were.

by Anonymousreply 3September 18, 2024 11:08 PM

Why didn’t they just move to the back?

by Anonymousreply 4September 18, 2024 11:21 PM

I theorize that a deep-sea colossal squid simply let out a huge fart right beside it.

by Anonymousreply 5September 19, 2024 1:20 AM

So we now have 11 year olds posting on DL?

by Anonymousreply 6September 19, 2024 1:44 AM

Is "TC Newman" a human being? That voice on the Inside Edition video is absolutely terrible. I don't think I've heard a worse voice lately; it literally made my head hurt.

by Anonymousreply 7September 19, 2024 1:55 AM

If it imploded and the people aboard were essentially vaporized, how did they recover human remains from the ocean floor as per the video?

by Anonymousreply 8September 19, 2024 2:09 AM

Is Titan shooting a new scene? I didn't think they were around anymore.

by Anonymousreply 9September 19, 2024 2:14 AM

R8. It was performative… they likely found random, tiny debris fragments and called it a day.

Especially at those depths.

by Anonymousreply 10September 19, 2024 2:45 AM

The ocean truly terrifies me.

by Anonymousreply 11September 19, 2024 11:22 PM

I love the ocean except for two things: swimming under ships and being in very deep water like the Mariana Trench, so this Reddit post does my head in. The Mariana Trench us the deepest point in the ocean at 35,791 feet. By reference, Mount Everest is 29,032 feet high.

~~shudder~~

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12September 20, 2024 12:10 AM

The ocean sucks.

Sharks, stingrays, jellyfish, tidal waves, etc.

No thank you.

by Anonymousreply 13September 20, 2024 12:14 AM

Challenger Deep r12

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14September 20, 2024 12:18 AM

Ack! I can’t even look at that, R14.

by Anonymousreply 15September 20, 2024 12:22 AM

It scares me too r15!

by Anonymousreply 16September 20, 2024 1:00 AM

What that thing they recovered?

by Anonymousreply 17September 20, 2024 1:14 AM

They wouldn't get vaporized. They were basically squashed to death by the pressure within a split second once the vessel was compromised. Blink and you're gone. Yes, the skeleton remain would be left behind.

by Anonymousreply 18September 20, 2024 1:26 AM

So the consensus is they didn't see it coming? Or ...?

by Anonymousreply 19September 24, 2024 12:57 AM

No, there were no skeletal remains. All they found within the crushed pressure hull of the Titan was a red paste. They examined the paste and found DNA of all five passengers.

The stupid assholes knew there was a problem. The front dome swung open to gain access to the craft. It was attached by a hinge. The hinge proved faulty in 2023, when the front dome FELL OFF THE CRAFT.

Stockton Rush simply put the dome back on. There seems to have been no examination of the mechanism to determine why it had fallen off.

It seems to have fallen off again. The dome was found intact on the sea bed. However the pressure hull was crushed in from front to back, indicating that the implosion initiated in the front of the craft, and ended in the back. That is were the red paste was found.

They were all turned into paste within milliseconds.

by Anonymousreply 20September 26, 2024 1:31 AM

^^^ correction, proved faulty in 2021

by Anonymousreply 21September 26, 2024 1:32 AM

[quote]Why didn’t they just move to the back?

Coloreds were already there.

by Anonymousreply 22September 26, 2024 2:20 AM

Not funny r22

by Anonymousreply 23September 26, 2024 9:54 AM

I've been watching some of the testimony at the ongoing U S Coast Guard hearings on the Oceangate implosion.

I think they are currently on the 8th day of the hearings.

Very interesting.

Videos showing testimony can be found on Youtube.

Here's the link to the 1st full day of testimony.

There are other shorter videos focusing on the testimony of individuals.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24September 26, 2024 8:31 PM

Thanks r24

by Anonymousreply 25September 27, 2024 3:46 PM

r15 I have odd anxiety about looking at photos of the very deep sea (eg Challenger Deep). It's hard to account for.

by Anonymousreply 26September 27, 2024 3:48 PM

On the other hand, I am oddly fascinated that life can thrive at such depths. Not to be a MARY!!! but our planet really is a fascinating place.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27September 27, 2024 3:59 PM

David Lochridge testified on the 2nd day about a previous dive on the Andrea Doria. His testimony was not flattering to Stockton Rush.

But another, witness Renata Rojas disputed some of Lockridge's comments.

by Anonymousreply 28September 27, 2024 5:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!