Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Teamsters won’t endorse a candidate

It’s so hard to choose between a pro-union candidate and a billionaire who publicly chuckles at the thought of firing anyone who goes on strike.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54September 19, 2024 8:32 PM

The PTB have chosen. Hug your loved ones. Post Anne Frank.

by Anonymousreply 1September 18, 2024 8:07 PM

Shit like this didn't happen when I was running things.

by Anonymousreply 2September 18, 2024 8:27 PM

All of these unions are rife with brainwashed white MAGAts who adore Trump despite the fact that he’s been entirely antagonistic towards the blue collar agenda. They want Grand Dragon Trump to stop the erosion of straight white male domination. These members seriously chose white grievance politics over the Democratic candidate who best represents their economic interests.

by Anonymousreply 3September 18, 2024 9:06 PM

My teachers Union (which endorsed Kamala) is a subsidiary of the Teamsters, and FUCK THEM.

by Anonymousreply 4September 18, 2024 9:07 PM

He’s responding to the rank and file membership; they overwhelmingly support Trump.

by Anonymousreply 5September 18, 2024 9:32 PM

West Coast Teamsters say FUCK the national chapter and endorse Boss Lady Kamala!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6September 18, 2024 9:34 PM

Isnt California the most populius state?

by Anonymousreply 7September 18, 2024 9:41 PM

He's a pussy who is unable to find his balls, stand up to the ignorant masses of the rank and file to do the right thing - denounce the organge turd.

There's only one political party that stands with union members and it ain't the one that Ivanka's father leads.

And really, what someone needs to do is shout at him, "you're a pussy who can't find his balls!"

by Anonymousreply 8September 18, 2024 9:44 PM

[quote]populius

Oh dear!

by Anonymousreply 9September 18, 2024 9:49 PM

This is in part because Biden prevented the rail workers from striking, however, it is true that at 50% of the union is made up of MAGA types.

by Anonymousreply 10September 18, 2024 9:53 PM

Here...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11September 18, 2024 10:01 PM

Disturbingly, the Teamsters NOT endorsing a candidate may be the best thing for Harris.

Realistically, the majority of rank and file Teamsters members are likely cheeto supporters.

[quote]The Teamsters are known as the champion of freight drivers and warehouse workers, but have organized workers in virtually every occupation imaginable, both professional and non-professional, private sector and public sector. Our 1.3 million members are public defenders in Minnesota; vegetable workers in California; sanitation workers in New York; brewers in St. Louis; newspaper workers in Seattle; construction workers in Las Vegas; zoo keepers in Pennsylvania; health care workers in Rhode Island; bakery workers in Maine; airline pilots, secretaries and police officers.

The leaders are more likely aware that supporting cheeto is against their union's best interests.

Either they support the Dems who are generally more supportive of unions but risk a mutiny by members or they support who their members most likely support and watch the influence, power, and relevance of their union be gutted.

by Anonymousreply 12September 18, 2024 10:01 PM

Oops!

R9 probably lives in that backwater called Nepean. If Ottawa is the asshole of Canada, Nepean and Kanata are the shit that come out of it.

by Anonymousreply 13September 18, 2024 10:06 PM

“If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on and he'll empty his pockets for you!”

—Lyndon B. Johnson

by Anonymousreply 14September 18, 2024 10:10 PM

R12, probably about 50% or so are MAGATs. However, the national won't endorse her in part to the way Biden handled the rail strike. Same thing will happen in Canada. Trudeau legislated rail workers back to work recently and will lose any support from the Teamsters he once had. Of course, the Conservatives are worse for unions, but you can't go ahead and endorse the party that just prevented you from striking.

by Anonymousreply 15September 18, 2024 10:11 PM

Look for more Teamsters locals to break from national and stand up in solidarity with Kamala and Tim.

by Anonymousreply 16September 18, 2024 10:28 PM

Many will, R16.

by Anonymousreply 17September 18, 2024 10:42 PM

Best they could come up with to mollify their membership who are voting against their own self interest.

by Anonymousreply 18September 18, 2024 11:01 PM

So... Along with FUCK the Fraternal Order of Police I add FUCK the Teamsters. Ok. Got it. Good to know.

by Anonymousreply 19September 18, 2024 11:15 PM

R7 yes it is.

by Anonymousreply 20September 18, 2024 11:17 PM

R19 the real question is why are unions, city police— organizations that have historically been Dem being cunts. It’s because of dysfunction that’s why. A mafucker 16 yr old car jacket who beats up an old lady for her whip is NOT a child. Stop treating him like one in the justice system. All he gon do is get out in 6 months and terrorize the black community.

Stop branding white men as the scum of the universe. White men created western civilization. All this shit we love. They did some horrible things. They aren’t horrible people.

by Anonymousreply 21September 18, 2024 11:23 PM

Teamsters are wussies.

NEA, SEIU, AFSCME, UFCW, UAW, USW, AFT, CWA have all endorsed Kamala.

by Anonymousreply 22September 19, 2024 12:05 AM

R21 Blackface is not acceptable. Neither is BlackTYPE. So stop Blacktyping.

by Anonymousreply 23September 19, 2024 12:48 AM

Sean O'Brien is doing the both sides argument. Biden/Harris were the most pro-union presidential term in generations. It's a no brainer, except for those without a brain.

by Anonymousreply 24September 19, 2024 1:40 AM

More locals

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25September 19, 2024 4:08 AM

R23 Please do not disrespect me again with your preconceived notions of what it means to be black.

by Anonymousreply 26September 19, 2024 5:19 AM

Cunts.

by Anonymousreply 27September 19, 2024 6:27 AM

Why? Why are they choosing this election to not back democrats when democrats always have their back. Did Trump pay the National Teamsters union.

by Anonymousreply 28September 19, 2024 7:45 AM

What’s a union?

by Anonymousreply 29September 19, 2024 7:50 AM

Good point, R28. Why do they pick an election to do this when the Democratic Nominee happens to be a Woman and a Woman of Color? Is there a connection?

by Anonymousreply 30September 19, 2024 7:50 AM

Oh yes that’s right. I forgot about the rail strike.

by Anonymousreply 31September 19, 2024 7:50 AM

How they conveniently forgot this little gem: it is so funny to fire people on a whim or from the midst of a K hole.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32September 19, 2024 8:39 AM

R32 Repost that so we can see it.

by Anonymousreply 33September 19, 2024 9:41 AM

This seems like a no-brainer, but okay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34September 19, 2024 10:07 AM

Also, because of this, I don't see Trump winning the 3 main swing states he definitely needs to win to be elected: WI, MI, and PA. I have my interactive election map prediction below. If he still manages to win the election or any of those 3 states, I'm washing my hands to politics for good because there is no helping the people in this country.

There is nothing that he's done that will give him an advantage come November, so I don't even know why anyone in Harris' camp is worried. I sort of understood it for a few weeks, but the more this man talks, and after that debate, my view has shifted to him definitely losing. Because ain't no way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35September 19, 2024 10:11 AM

The Trump Teamsters didn't deserve to have Biden rescue their pensions.

Maybe they should sign them over to the company for which they haul, since the pension matters so little. I guess they don't need or want them. Right?

by Anonymousreply 36September 19, 2024 10:18 AM

So, is O'Brien toast?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37September 19, 2024 2:01 PM

If Trump wins, he is planning on eliminating payment for overtime.

Are all of those Trump voting Teamsters ok with hauling, for hours and hours, for free for their Orange Jesus?

by Anonymousreply 38September 19, 2024 2:32 PM

R38, he said he'd eliminate tax on overtime pay, not eliminate overtime pay itself. It's stupid and will never happen though, of course even though stupid Trump voters think it will.

R28, the dems haven't always had their back - rightly or wrongly, Biden literally prevented rail workers, who are Teamsters, from striking and there's no way the national will endorse a party that did that. Locals which were not affected by this will stand up and endorse Harris, and many already have, but yeah, it is not surprising to me that the Teamsters national didn't endorse a candidate. Like I said in an earlier post, Trudeau will face the same thing in Canada after his government interfered in a labor dispute involving rail workers and imposed binding arbitration on them.

The Teamsters, and many other private sector unions, have always had their fair share of conservative members, but the leadership usually endorses centrist or left of center candidates, even when that goes against the political leanings of its members.

by Anonymousreply 39September 19, 2024 2:46 PM

R38 is correct, R39. Shitler is not going to eliminate taxes on overtime, he's going to eliminate overtime according to Project 2025. What the Heritage Foundation has proposed in their plan to destroy America is that we'll do away with the 40-hour work [italic]week[/italic] and replace it with a 160-hour work [italic]month.[/italic] That way, you can be forced to do overtime to your boss' content and then furloughed through the end of the month. No hours that qualify for overtime means no taxes on overtime pay... nice little turn of the knife in union's backs, huh?

That the Teamsters writ large are refusing to endorse Kamala really is one of those things that makes me say "fuck you" to my fellow white men after Biden fucking God damned saved their pensions. This is the thanks Biden gets for sticking his neck out for them. Too bad we can't retroactively go back and reverse Biden's support for their lazy asses. What these good-for-nothing shitbrains don't seem to realize is that the tangerine tyrant is going to finish the job that Reagan started and do away with unions for good, so if he wns with their support it will be just like going back and retroactively taking their pensions because they'll lose what Biden did to save them... and of course, being whinging white men, they'll cry and blame the Democrats for their problems — like they always do.

Good on the locals endorsing Harris/Walz. Fuck Sean O'Brien and all of the Teamsters who are refusing to endorse Kamala; they can burn in hell.

by Anonymousreply 40September 19, 2024 3:18 PM

R39 interesting argument. The right to strike is a big deal for unions, bigger apparently than actions to protect pensions. Maybe these other locals realized that it was a small number of voting blocks that were holding up the rail deal (most had voted to ratify) and decided it wasn’t an appropriate judgement call by leadeeship. I’m not sure it’s fair to say they’re ignoring it because it didn’t affect them.

by Anonymousreply 41September 19, 2024 3:33 PM

And although it is off topic, I wanted to point out another of the dirty tricks Shitler has recently proposed to gain attention/votes is the "no tax on tips" thing. What Mango doesn't tell you is that he wants to classify Wall Street bonuses as "tips", too; so, literally one investment banker's annual tax-free "bonus" (how they structure their pay, basically) would be larger than all of tipped wages across the US for an entire year. for all workers, combined... so the waitress at the corner diner will see a few dollars more per paycheck, while Wall Street will see hundreds of $millions in tax cuts. Sounds fair, right?

by Anonymousreply 42September 19, 2024 4:03 PM

Of course it's a dirty trick, R42.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43September 19, 2024 4:07 PM

[quote] However, the national won't endorse her in part to the way Biden handled the rail strike.

Biden isn’t running.

by Anonymousreply 44September 19, 2024 4:31 PM

For one the thing Teamsters is huge. Unlike the other unions they have millions of employees in a wide variety of industries. Our country is aging and the workforce has a lot of people under 50 who take unions for granted. And not in a mindful manner. It’s just they aren’t educated enough to understand the importance of the union. They just know they have a job and that includes a union and they are protected.

by Anonymousreply 45September 19, 2024 6:34 PM

R44 You can’t be that thick. Please tell me you aren’t that slow.

by Anonymousreply 46September 19, 2024 6:34 PM

Mighty Joe bailed out the Teamsters pension fund and this is the fucking thanks he gets.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47September 19, 2024 7:47 PM

r47 I mean...clearly, she's not Joe Biden.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48September 19, 2024 7:58 PM

She’s part of Biden’s administration. She takes credit for his accomplishments. You have to take the good with the bad.

by Anonymousreply 49September 19, 2024 8:02 PM

R47 Sean O'Brien shouldn't be on the stage because he's the head of the Teamster's union and he is giving false equivalence to Democrats and Republicans. Trump has been a union buster since the 1980s. Sean O'Brien is basically doing to the Teamsters what Louis DeJoy is doing to the Postal Service. Sabotaging it.

by Anonymousreply 50September 19, 2024 8:03 PM

Teamsters suck.

by Anonymousreply 51September 19, 2024 8:04 PM

O'Brien is a Trumpster.

by Anonymousreply 52September 19, 2024 8:09 PM

If they're pissed at Biden for the way he handled the strike, what the fuck do these assholes think Trump would do, sit on his tiny little hands?

Trump would have sent out the National Guard and had all the picketers shot because that's just the way he rolls.

Fucking low life idiots.

by Anonymousreply 53September 19, 2024 8:12 PM

R53 but the border and Tyrone Jackson robbed a local liquor store.

by Anonymousreply 54September 19, 2024 8:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!