Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Does fame make you a sexual pervert?

After P. Diddy's arrest, I am left wondering does fame make you a pervert or is that already there? Look at Elvis, Michael Jackson, Chuck Berry, and R. Kelly. Before fame did they still want and engage in sexual perverted acts? Or does fame corrupt to the point that your most absurd desire can be met? I know it's a chicken/egg sort of question.

by Anonymousreply 15October 3, 2024 6:16 PM

No it just makes you a narcissistic asshole.

by Anonymousreply 1September 17, 2024 6:31 PM

Fame doesn't create perverts. Fame just gives sex offenders free rein. They have money, power and influence. Fame gives people a false sense of security - a sense of "I feel as though I know [name], he seems like a nice guy on TV, he wouldn't do anything bad." How many people would let their children share a bed with a neighbour? Virtually none. Yet parents quite happily let their children sleep with Michael Jackson, and actually seemed shocked when their parenting was questioned.

by Anonymousreply 2September 17, 2024 6:35 PM

No, it just makes it easier to indulge your perversions because you can use $$$ and power to silence and intimidate your victims

by Anonymousreply 3September 17, 2024 6:35 PM

What r3 said. Life is lived on a whole different level when one is loaded beyond belief, OP.

by Anonymousreply 4September 17, 2024 7:07 PM

Nah. They just don't have to be furtive about it like Christian youth pastor/pedophiles.

by Anonymousreply 5September 17, 2024 7:16 PM

Gene Kelly married an underage girl. So did Muhammad Ali.

by Anonymousreply 6September 17, 2024 10:53 PM

Same could be said for Prince and Marvin Gaye

by Anonymousreply 7September 17, 2024 10:54 PM

Marlon Brando’s daughter Cheyenne accused him of molesting her.

by Anonymousreply 8September 17, 2024 11:01 PM

Natalie Wood was pimped out to Frank Sinatra by her mother when she was 15

by Anonymousreply 9September 17, 2024 11:01 PM

Appalling how fervently Gen Z has embraced MJ. Not one reply under this tweet about him being a nasty pedo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 3, 2024 4:59 PM

I could see for a MJ, Spacey or Diddy they start to acquire a taste for more and more perversion, especially if they think they can get away with it.

by Anonymousreply 11October 3, 2024 5:11 PM

[quote]Does fame make you a sexual pervert?

If you're good at it.

by Anonymousreply 12October 3, 2024 5:13 PM

Who is the actor who paid prostitutes to 'evacuate' on a glass table while he was under it?

by Anonymousreply 13October 3, 2024 5:22 PM

Tiny Tim. That's how he fit under it.

by Anonymousreply 14October 3, 2024 5:33 PM

David Carradine says no.

by Anonymousreply 15October 3, 2024 6:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!