Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Help! I have a sore throat.

How do I fix it? Give me remedies.

by Anonymousreply 38September 19, 2024 6:54 AM

Zinc lozenges. Keep them at home at all times and pop one in as soon as you sense a tingling sensation in your throat. The sooner you catch it, the more effective they'll be.

by Anonymousreply 1September 17, 2024 5:50 PM

Hot water, lemon juice, Tabasco, chili flakes and honey mixed together. Add a lemon slice if you extra vitamin c.

by Anonymousreply 2September 17, 2024 5:54 PM

Ditto R2

If you aren’t an alcoholic a hot toddy before bed is nice also.

by Anonymousreply 3September 17, 2024 6:05 PM

Not to be insensitive but are you a cock sucker? If so oral cultures are often worth the time to do.

by Anonymousreply 4September 17, 2024 6:19 PM

Take an ibuprofen.

Sore throat gone.

by Anonymousreply 5September 17, 2024 6:38 PM

Swedish jizz. Works every time for me.

by Anonymousreply 6September 17, 2024 7:33 PM

Gargle with warm salt water. It’s disgusting but it works.

by Anonymousreply 7September 18, 2024 1:40 AM

Liquid echinacea. Available without prescription. Just an eyedropper amount as far back on your tongue as comfortable. Tastes bitter but works.

Also, R7 is correct. Gargling with warm salted water helps tremendously. Maybe a half-teaspoon in a juice glass full of warm water.

by Anonymousreply 8September 18, 2024 1:57 AM

Uh oh, head cold on the way.

by Anonymousreply 9September 18, 2024 2:02 AM

Have a bleach martini.

Please.

by Anonymousreply 10September 18, 2024 2:04 AM

Strep is deadly if left untreated

by Anonymousreply 11September 18, 2024 2:05 AM

R11 As someone who gets Strep at least 4 times a year, this is false.

by Anonymousreply 12September 18, 2024 2:10 AM

r12 you are misinformed - read again

by Anonymousreply 13September 18, 2024 2:12 AM

Ragweed pollen is crazy high in my area. I’ve had to take otc medicine. I think mine is sore from nasal congestion.

by Anonymousreply 14September 18, 2024 2:12 AM

r12 100% you do NOT "gets Strep at least 4 times a year"

at LEAST 4 times a year? you get strep every 3 months?

Aw, it's fun to make up stuff, sweetie

by Anonymousreply 15September 18, 2024 2:12 AM

R13 I am literally telling you as someone who gets in often, but you're still "nuh uh."

by Anonymousreply 16September 18, 2024 2:16 AM

r16 You're "literally" telling me. Yikes. Oh sweetie, get some sleep.

by Anonymousreply 17September 18, 2024 2:17 AM

R15 I do. I am actually in the process of getting my tonsils removed. My ENT already referred me with a surgeon.

by Anonymousreply 18September 18, 2024 2:18 AM

R17 You really thought you were on to something, huh? I love it how some people on here try to hard to be sassy but just end up ridiculing themselves. Oh, dear...

by Anonymousreply 19September 18, 2024 2:20 AM

r19 Bless your embarrassed little heart

by Anonymousreply 20September 18, 2024 2:20 AM

r19 "try to hard"

by Anonymousreply 21September 18, 2024 2:21 AM

This is a recipe I got from a Hawaiian coworker: get 3 lemons and 4 pieces of ginger, cut them up and boil in a pot of 10 cups of water for 15 minutes. Strain the pieces out and that's your tea. When you put it in a mug add 3 tablespoons of honey. It's really strong but it works. I haven't had a cold or flu in years.

by Anonymousreply 22September 18, 2024 2:25 AM

R20/R21

-"you are misinformed - read again" Missing a period at the end.

-"You're 'literally' telling me. Yikes. Oh sweetie, get some sleep." There's a comma missing after "oh."

-"Aw, it's fun to make up stuff, sweetie" Missing another period at the end.

-"100% you do NOT "gets Strep at least 4 times a year" Missing another period.

-"Bless your embarrassed little heart" Missing another period at the end.

-"it's TOO hard, sweetie" Missing another period at the end.

If you want to be a grammar Nazi, the least you can do is have some good grammar yourself instead of being contradictory. In fact, please do yourself a favor and ignore anyone who tells you to be yourself. It's a bad idea in your case, "sweetie."

by Anonymousreply 23September 18, 2024 2:34 AM

I second the Ibuprofen and warm salt water gargle. Works every time.

by Anonymousreply 24September 18, 2024 2:35 AM

Try Advil Dual. It has Ibuprofen and Acetaminophen. One is to reduce the swelling and the other one to subside the pain.

by Anonymousreply 25September 18, 2024 2:38 AM

r23 I do hope your life improves.

by Anonymousreply 26September 18, 2024 2:53 AM

R26 You're telling others to improve their lives while you're here looking for typos under a microscope on the internet? Everyone's entitled to act stupid once in a while, but you really abuse the privilege. It's ok to admit you're miserable and bored with your own life. You don't have to project that on others. Points for trying though.

by Anonymousreply 27September 18, 2024 2:58 AM

Suck. A. BIG. COCK!

by Anonymousreply 28September 18, 2024 3:05 AM

There's not a lot you can do. Bear it since it won't last forever.

by Anonymousreply 29September 18, 2024 3:08 AM

I find sucking on a lifesaver helps. I also live by the beach so finding a lifesaver to suck is easy.

by Anonymousreply 30September 18, 2024 3:34 AM

The gargling salt water works. The boiled ginger honey "tea" concoction works. Zinc and Airborne can keep it from getting worse, keep it at bay. If you want your throat to not hurt, you can mask the pain with spray Chloraseptic, but keep quiet, don't try to sing full volume or talk too much, or you might damage something. Chloraseptic doesn't help you heal it just masks the pain.

Add the Neti Pot if you have nasal congestion.

If you want OTC medicine, try DayQuil or Alka Seltzer Cold and Cough.

Mucinex Sore Throat Comfort lozenges work if you like lozenges. Also Vocalzone lozenges are intense but they help.

by Anonymousreply 31September 18, 2024 3:49 AM

OP is blocked. I exclusively block magas and log cabins so just throwing at there for anyone else in the same boat. Get the throat spray. It's terrible but it is the best acute solution, beyond that you're better off with the strongest anti-inflammatory you can get your hands on. If your sore throat is from torn up tissue then you really shouldn't be doing much at all besides numbing it and resting your throat - speaking as little as possible, etc. But sore is a vague term and it could be all kinds of other things. Like previous posters said, you might need to address an underlying sinus issue. And don't think it isn't worth seeing a doctor for if you can - the sinuses can get impacted over time way beyond what an OTC solution can help for.

by Anonymousreply 32September 18, 2024 4:01 AM

R32 you sound like a horrible person

by Anonymousreply 33September 18, 2024 4:03 AM

OP, can we have your stuff?

by Anonymousreply 34September 18, 2024 4:04 AM

You have esophageal AIDS, see a doctor immediately

by Anonymousreply 35September 18, 2024 5:36 PM

I gargle with Hydrogen Peroxide and then quickly follow it up with a mouthwash gargle to get the taste out of my mouth because it leaves a really nasty taste in my mouth. The foaming from the Hydrogen Peroxide coats the throat taking away the sore throat. I haven't had a cold in over a decade, the flu in over 20 years, and never had covid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36September 19, 2024 12:33 AM

Isn’t that the quick weight loss diet R2?

by Anonymousreply 37September 19, 2024 6:34 AM

OP are you white and of average height and likes walks in the park at night ? I have a friend with a burning leaky dick that wanted me to ask

by Anonymousreply 38September 19, 2024 6:54 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!